What If... {Stuck with the Pa...

By EerieSmile

Countryhumansxreader One Shot request book to the main book Stuck With The Past More

Request Page
The Weakness Behind An Aggressive Mask
The Wall That Divided The World
Company and Abandonment
Seax

Rats and Cats

1.3K 35 21
By EerieSmile

What if the reader was a Cannibal?

Requested by @TheRPGWitchSimp

DISCLAIMER: DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.

THE CHAPTER CONTAINS GORE.

The cold was unbearable.

How long had she even been standing here? Hours? Or just a couple of minutes? It was impossible to tell.

It was so dark that she couldn't see a thing.

The only thing she felt, was the stone floor beneath her feet, that stole all of the warmth they had.

She knew this floor all to well. It was the floor of the torture chambers. The same texture and rocks.

This all just has to be a trick to get me to move.

Who knew what lurked above her head or around her neck. What if she was about to step on needles? Or fall into a pit of rats?

The last option isn't possible. Rats are audible. No rats here.

The distraction from the iron spikes that could be about to puncture her neck calmed her a little.

Think about rats. Don't think about the needles or the spikes, definitely don't think about the forks or the whip.

Rats. They're... cute in some way, right?

Not really. There wasn't that many until the colonizers brought them.

But that doesn't matter. Where there's rats there's cats.

Cats are nice. I like cats. Even though The Spanish Inquisitor brought them.

The woman started to calm down. This always worked for her.

That's right. Positive thoughts only.

Suddenly the crack of a whip echoed sharply in the hollow stone walls.

Her heart quickened. She began to shake unwillingly. The picture of a cat she had made in her head disappeared.

Don't let him get to you. Breathe in and out. Positive thoughts only...

Another loud crack echoed, even closer than the first one.

He can't steal your positive thoughts. Don't let him take your positive thoughts.

The third whip was to her feet. She could feel the air from the force of the impact.

Don't give him the satisfaction. Don't give up.

But it was helpless. She pressed her eyes together and shook. Tears started flowing down her cheeks.

Then it hit her. It slashed her entire back. She immediately felt how blood poured down her back in streams.

She let out a pain filled cry and felt how she lost her balance and fell to the front.

But there was no floor there.

She fell through the darkness and landed on her rib cage and chin.

She grunted as horrible pain spread through her neck.

At least she could still feel the lower part of her body.

She wanted to get up, but felt how she couldn't control the lower part of her face.

She tasted blood through the terrible numbness in her mouth.

Her jaw was completely unhinged.

She touched it. Nothing. She couldn't feel anything.

Suddenly she heard tiny paws scurry over the floor.

She froze.

There's no way.

Those were rat paws.

And suddenly there was more. They squirmed to her feet.

Fire rose up her legs. They had sunken their teeth into her skin.

The country screamed, tried to tear them off but they hung to her legs like leaches.

But... rats are audible...

She tore them off of her skin, the flesh hooked in their jaws.

Blood now poured down her leg and her back, attracting more and more rats.

They worked their way up to her stomach.

It was hopeless. She felt how she fell to her knees in defeat, crushing some rats beneath her.

The country wailed in pain. They bit into her skin and started working their way to her organs. Their chewing was loud. They bucked up against her to sink their teeth into her flesh, tearing it out with a crunching sound.

Blood poured onto the floor. All that blood...

Lightning struck close by.

New Spain jumped up. The pain was still all over her body.

She shook as tears rolled down her face.

She immediately put her hands on her jaw.

It's still in place.

She touched her stomach.

No hole.

But the pain still remained.

That's why it was so surreal. It was just a dream. Just a dream...

But that didn't stop her tears. They still poured down in streams.

Thirteen Colonies peacefully slept on the other side of the room.

That's right. I'm not home. The Spanish Inquisitor isn't here. I'm safe.

Her heart pounded in her chest.

Suddenly the door creaked.

New Spain jumped, but then she saw Tolik trotting into the room.

A cat!

New Spain smiled to herself. The cat jumped under her bed and started mewing.

New Spain looked under the bed.

The cat had bowed her back and hissed at the Spanish Colony.

"Shh... I'm scared too." New Spain sighed and stretched out her hand.

She didn't care if she was going to be scratched or not. She was so happy to see a non hostile animal that she just wanted to offer her closeness.

Instead of sheeting her claws, Tolik calmed herself and got back out from under the bed and joined New Spain, curling up on her lap.

"You won't let the rats take me, won't you?" New Spain asked, her voice still shaky with tears.

The cat mewed.

"Thank you." New Spain buried her face in the soft fur.

The cat held still for a couple of seconds, then it started squirming in her arms.

New Spain let the cat go and it jumped back down on the floor, then looked back at New Spain with big round eyes.

New Spain hesitantly got up, and the cat trotted away. New Spain followed her.

Down the hallway they went. Then down the stairs and through another hallway.

Tolik stopped in the kitchen. She went to a wooden door that was hidden behind the cupboard the last time she had been here.

That's odd.

Tolik circled the wooden door and mewed.

Not thinking too much of it, New Spain reached for the handle and wanted to open it.

It was locked.

Whatever it was, it stunk terribly. She had smelled something similar yesterday, but it wasn't as strong as now. This had to be the source of the smell. There was a small hole between two planks of the door.

New Spain looked between them.

The sight was enough to leave her frozen in terror.

A terrified gasp escaped her lips. She couldn't believe her eyes. How was this even possible? Where did they come from?

Cut open dead bodies laid on the floor or hung from the ceiling like in a slaughterhouse. Some of them were missing multiple limbs. Blood smeared all over the floor and walls, even the ceiling hadn't been spared.

And in midst of all the corpses stood (Your Name). She had turned around to see who had tried to open the door. She started walking towards it.

New Spain's pupils delated.

Her heart beat up to her throat.

She turned around and ran. She had never run so fast in her life. The amount of adrenaline in her body was insane.

But where to? Where do I run to?

She stopped in the hallways and hectically scanned her surroundings.

The woods? But (Your Name) knows the woods. They'd  find me in no time and I don't know where to go.

And what about the others?

Her heart pounded.

The woods weren't an option, hiding in the house wasn't an option.

What about alarming the others? Maybe someone has a weapon?

But then she'd have to run upstairs and she'd be cornered.

Her dream flashed before her eyes.

The rats. They had eaten her alive.

There had been no escape.

It's better this way.

A voice suddenly whispered.

At first she thought it was in her head, but then suddenly a towel covered her mouth.

"Don't fight me. It was going to happen eventually. Just relax. It won't hurt one bit." (Your Name's) voice whispered in her ear.

New Spain nodded as she drifted off into a sound sleep.

|~~~~~~~|

USA sat on his bed. He didn't want to sleep. The thunderstorm roared above his head.

He leaned back against the wall and hummed something to himself, hugging his covers tightly.

He liked thunderstorms. Even though they reminded him of war sometimes. Maybe it was because his father hated them?

Or had hated them at least. Great Britain had become louder in the last years, who knows, maybe he had changed his mind about them.

He leaned his head on his knee and felt how he started getting tired.

Right before he was about to close his eyes, the door creaked.

A smaller female country entered the room.

"Расіа?" She asked quietly.

"He's asleep." USA stated quietly.

"Oh, it was you who was humming?" A heavy Belorussian accent asked.

"Yeah. Sorry if I woke you up, I didn't realize I was being loud." USA whispered, his tiredness making his accent more prominent.

"Oh no, not at all. It's just... I heard footsteps downstairs. It sounded like someone was chasing another country. And there's a thunderstorm... and I'm paranoid. I wanted to see if Russia was awake, to talk I mean." Belarus nervously explained herself.

"You can talk to me. I don't mind. If you want we could go downstairs together to see if someone's actually hurt." USA sleepily suggested.

Belarus nodded.

"You're incredibly kind. Thank you." She waited for him to get up.

USA grunted and stretched, making some of his worn out joints crack. Then he quickly grabbed his eyepatch to cover his cotton eye.

The two countries made themselves on their way.

"Don't you have the feeling that the smell is getting worse?" Belarus nervously whispered as they walked through the halls of the bedrooms.

USA nodded.

Silence followed after.

Suddenly Belarus grabbed USA's arm.

"I'm concerned. Maybe we should just ask (Your Name) what the smell is and then go to bed." She whispered.

"Don't be scared. I have a gun." USA said showing her his left hand.

Belarus' eye widened.

"Are you insane?!" She whisper yelled and put his raised arm back down, looked around her surroundings before continuing.

"First of all, I'm not scared! Second of all, put that back in your room right now! I don't want to end up sleeping outside because (Your Name) sees your gun."

USA grinned.

"First of all, that's what she said. Second of all, what're they gonna do? Shoot me?" USA chuckled quietly whilst Belarus stared at him with disbelief.

"Are you drunk?" She hissed.

USA shook his head, but the light smell of whiskey around his mouth said otherwise.

Belarus scoffed and turned around to go to your room, USA followed her.

But you weren't in your room. Skáney sat on the windowsill and quietly read in the light of the moon, whilst Germany bent over (Your Name's) bed, his head in his crossed arms which rested on the side of it. Austria occupied the bed, still knocked out.

USA entered the room to see if you were still in the room, hiding behind the huge piles of books you had everywhere.

Belarus shivered.

"I'm going to wake up my father." She then decided.

"No. No please don't." USA shook his head and quickly wanted to join her, but stumbled and almost fell over Germany's feet.

"Oh my- are you okay?" USA asked the groaning German, who was woken up.

Germany looked up to him, his eyes tired and his hair messy.

"What's going on?" He asked with a raspy voice.

"Belarus is scared.." USA started, but Belarus angrily interrupted him.

"No I'm not!" She whisper yelled.

"Well you're the one who wants to run to their father." USA mocked her, his eyes shining playfully. He was enjoying this.

Belarus glared at him.

"Fine. Let's just go."

They had caught Skáney's attention, who eyed them with curiosity.

Before he would get involved. USA and Belarus left the room.

Germany hesitantly followed.

"You don't have to come with us." Belarus said looking at Germany who tried to un-ruffle his hair.

"I probably won't be able to sleep anymore anyway." He mumbled.

They walked back downstairs as the wind roared past the roof.

The smell got worse.

It was hard to breathe.

"Do you see a light switch anywhere?" Belarus asked nervously, looking around.

The countries didn't answer. Which indicated that they couldn't see one.

Suddenly something ran around the corner to the kitchen.

Germany froze, Belarus jumped and gripped onto USA, who let out a surprised shriek.

"Tolik!" Belarus angrily hissed.

The cat turned around in circles and mewed. Then jumped away from the kitchen, onto a windowsill and squeezed through the window crack, fleeing to the outside.

"What's going on?" Belarus asked, her voice full of worry.

"I don't know, but..." USA couldn't finish his sentence.

He was interrupted by Germany gagging.

"This smell." He groaned. "It smells like corpses." He said in a sickly tone.

Belarus nodded. "It really does. You know what? I want to leave this house. It seems the smartest thing to do."

"Don't be silly." USA rolled his eyes. "Where are you going to go? We're in the middle of nowhere and it's the end of the world outside."

Belarus sighed while Germany took deep shaky breaths, trying to prevent himself from throwing up.

"It's coming from the kitchen." USA said.

They started walking towards the kitchen again.

The sight was horrible.

The wooden door stood open. They couldn't believe their eyes.

Corpses. Everywhere. Organs laid scattered around the room. Worst of all were the cut open bodies with some of them missing.

"Help." A faint whisper called out to them.

A cut open New Spain sat hunched over in the corner. Her eyes droopy, tears spilling down from them. Her hands and feet were missing. So was her liver. And one of her kidneys. Her abdomen slowly slid out of a hole in her stomach, blood poured down her mouth and her nose.

"Kill me." She gurgled through the crimson liquid pleadingly. "Please."

"What?" USA felt how the floor underneath him spun.

What's happening? This can't be real. There's no way this is real.

"This is a dream." He rasped.

And nothing could convince him otherwise.

Not (Your Name), coming into the room, covered in blood.

Not Germany, who screamed the most blood curling scream known to man, that even Austria should be awake by now.

Not Belarus pushing the human to the side and sprinting out of the room.

No. It had to be a dream.

In that case...

He put the muzzle of his gun to his temple.

In that case, I just have to wake up.

|~~~~~~~~|

Germany felt nothing but pure terror in his veins.

USA collapsed to the floor, bleeding out of a hole from the remaining part of his head.

New Spain still begged for release whilst (Your Name) started getting back to their feet.

He was frozen in terror.

Belarus had run out of the room.

He should do the same.

He felt how his legs started carrying him.

I should do the same. I should get the fuck out of here.

Suddenly he stormed out of the room. (Your Name) tried to grab his arm but he was faster than them.

He flew through the hallway, tried to open the main door but it was locked.

He turned around to see that (Your Name) was already almost there.

Panicked, he threw himself against the door.

It didn't budge.

He searched for the next window, rammed his elbow against it. It shattered, glass cut him everywhere. But he couldn't feel it. He was free. He made it...

A hand grabbed him by the brim of his shirt.

Never mind. Too slow.

He was thrown to the floor, then pinned against the wall, a butcher knife brought up to his neck.

"Why are you running?" (Your Name) asked, pouting.

All Germany was now capable of was pouring out gibberish. Something along the way of "No please." "Let me go." "I'll do anything." And "Scheiße." All mixed together.

(Your Name) chuckled at his helplessness.

Germany whimpered, his knees gave away and he gripped onto the hand holding his shirt.

(Your Name) wiped away blood from a wound on his cheek that he got from the shards with their thumb and stuck it in their mouth.

"Tastes good." They hummed.

Germany stared at them in disbelief, then punched them in the face. Satisfaction filled his mind as he heard a crack.

But that quickly changed as a blade ran across his face, slashing his cheek.

Germany spat blood to the floor.

But he wasn't going to give up.

He rammed his elbow into the smaller human and sent them to the floor.

Get to the window. Get to the window verdammt.

He wanted the sprint to the window again, but the knife was rammed up his stomach.

He looked down beneath him and vomited blood.

(Your Name), who was still lying on the floor, smiled up to him. Then tore the knife back out.

Germany wailed, reached to the broken shards, pulled himself up and fell out of the window, falling into the mud before (Your Name) could grab him again.

"I'm free." He smiled to himself as rain poured down onto his bleeding body.

He closed his eyes for a moment and relaxed, slowly bleeding out into the mud.

It didn't matter that he was going to die anymore.

What mattered is that he was outside now. He was going to die while breathing fresh air.

No one was going to chew on his bones.

At least while he was still alive.

He wasn't going to say goodbye to his states anymore. But they'd be okay without him.

"I'm proud of each and everyone of you." He mumbled, smiling.

He closed his eyes again and was slowly cradled to sleep in his own dizziness.

|~~~~~~~|

Belarus clutched a switchblade.

USSR next to her held a gun.

"And you say USA is dead?" He asked the terrified country next to him.

She nodded.

"He just... shot himself." She mumbled. "And New Spain was cut open. I think... I think (Your Name) eats their victims."

All of the countries, except for Austria and Skáney, were gathered around in the hallway.

They had listened to Germany and (Your Name) fight.

Belarus wanted to look at DDR's face to see if he had any reaction to his brother's probable death, but his face expression was empty.

"What are we going to do?" Ukraine mumbled defeatedly next to Poland and Belarus.

Belarus had to think of New Spain, USA and Germany who had been alive just a couple of minutes ago.

"Let's go down and run for it. We'll escape if we work together." Belarus said, clutching the pistol she had laid to her side. "They're a human. And apparently what we thought about them is true. But that doesn't mean we can't fight them."

The countries nodded with agreement.

They got up wordlessly and started storming down the stairs.

"Go." Belarus hissed to her close family. "Go, I'm going to get Austria."

USSR shook his head, but Belarus had already left them and ran for (Your Name's) room.

She could already hear noise downstairs. The door was being broken down, but no shots seemed to be fired.

Skáney had left the room. The window stood open, the wind played with the curtains.

Maybe he understood what the smell was?

She took Austria, put him over her shoulder and wanted to leave, but suddenly a figure stood in the door, clutching a butcher knife, eerily smiling in the doorway.

|~~~~~~~~|

USSR kept looking up the staircase, hoping to see his daughter run down the stairs.

Any second now.

He felt how something burning crawled up his throat.

Tears jabbed his eyes. He spat onto the floor.

The smell forced him to get out of the house.

"His pulse is still beating." DDR whispered, who had gotten down on his knees by his brother's side.

Most of the countries had made a circle around the knocked out country.

DDR carefully moved Germany's head. Blood poured out of his nose and now his slightly opened mouth.

DDR wanted to turn Germany to the side, but he immediately let go after the hole in his stomach was visible.

"Idiot." DDR growled at his brother angrily, despair in his eye. He quickly lowered his head and put it in his hands. "Why didn't you just come upstairs?"

The countries started to leave the circle, patting DDR on his back to pay their respects.

USSR hesitantly joined DDR and squatted down to his height.

"You're taking this very well."

He didn't know why he suddenly felt solidarity with DDR. Maybe it was because he was afraid he was going to be the next to stand over a dead relative.

DDR didn't answer for a while, until he moodily grumbled:

"Don't think it's because you made me stronger."

Then he sniffled and remained still again.

"I never said that." USSR calmly stated.

Then he sighed and got up again.

He looked around to see what the others were doing.

Most of the countries had left for the woods and waited there, only a couple of them waited up close by the house.

Even though USSR didn't want to admit it, he was touched to see that everyone had been ready to wait for Belarus.

Where is she?

|~~~~~~~|

Belarus froze.

"What do you want?" She asked, hissingly.

"Isn't it ironic? The saying that curiosity kills the cat? This time it was rather a case of curious cats kill stupid people." (Your Name) chuckled to themselves.

Belarus narrowed her eye.

"What the hell are you talking about?" She snapped.

"The fact that if your friend here" They suddenly revealed their right hand that had been behind their back.

New Spain's head had been cut off. Her jaw had been unhinged in the process, blood dripped out of her neck and off of her lips.

Belarus jumped back at the sight.

"hadn't followed your precious cat into the kitchen, all of your friends would still be alive. An that's why" (Your Name) dropped the head and gripped onto their butcher knife. "I have to kill you. So you don't become the next cat."

(Your Name) suddenly ran towards the country, who dropped Austria to the floor.

She raised her left hand with her gun, which (Your Name) hadn't spotted, and shot the human right in the stomach, twice to be sure.

(Your Name) shrieked and held their blood covered shirt, before falling to the floor, curling up in pain.

"Listen." Belarus hissed, bending down over (Your Name), tearing the butcher knife out of their hands.

"I still don't know what you mean by what you said, but I am glad that I know what we thought about humans is right."

Belarus put the knife up to (Your Name's) neck.

"You are terrible, disgusting creatures, who are only bent on killing each other. And now that I've seen it myself, I will make sure to end humans like you did New Spain. Like you did Germany. And like you made the US end himself." Belarus spat into (Your Name's) face, who was in so much pain that they couldn't answer.

"And why not..." She pressed the knife against their neck to draw blood.

"Why not start with you?"

|~~~~~~~|

USSR felt relief wash over his body as Belarus tripped out into the front yard. Austria over her shoulder.

After she spotted him, she let Austria slump to the ground and ran up to him, throwing her arms around his waist.

He wanted to say something about her smearing blood all over him, but he decided against it and patted her shoulder with his hand.

"It's okay now." Belarus hoarsely stated.
"We're safe for now."

Then she took a deep breath and said what she had sworn she would never have to say in her life.

"I killed them."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 4.6K 48
[NOTE: I wrote this such a while back. So I apologize if there's a lot of grammar problems. Enjoy<3] *Title* Join the craze yo. This book only contai...
37.6K 476 200
If you havent read Book One, You should! So, Basically All the countries from South asia in one big mess. Stay safe guys BOOK 3 OUT!! Highest Achieve...
295 72 42
Short stories about historical facts.
1.8K 72 23
LGBTQ ALLOWED MORE INFO IN THE REQUEST PAGE Hi guys this MCSM One-Shot request I will start a chapter alone and then you can give me request and I wi...