If Looks Could Kill - Vance H...

By jenalyee

"even the purest can have the darkest obsessions." -idk i jus wanted to write a vance ff if this is corny th... More

one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen

five

1.1K 32 34
By jenalyee

After school I get a ride home from Jeremy to have some extra time when I get home to get dressed up.

I look through all of the clothes in my closet. It's only 3pm but I have so many dresses to go through. My eyes lock on a knee-length white dress with spaghetti straps. There's lace wrapped around the top. Maybe too much for a first date.

That's what this is, right? A first date?

I push the dress down the rack. I'm met with a long-sleeve floral dress. The bottom seems it could reach down to my ankles. What, am I going to the drive-in or mass?

Another dress. Red with white buttons and a white collar. It's knee length. I push it back against the rest. It seems like something I'd wear to school.

Before I know it, an hour passes.

A knock on my window pulls me away from my closet. I'm not surprised to be met with Vance. I open the window.

"I have a door."

"I saw your brother's car parked out front. Didn't wanna puncture another rib."

"That's so not funny."

He climbs in and I shut the window behind him. I'm not stunned to see him but I am surprised to see that the old oak tree supported his weight.

He notices the dresses laid out on my bed.

"Going somewhere?" He raises a brow.

"I narrowed it down to three, exactly. Which one do you think is the nicest?" I ask.

"Depends on the occasion," his hard eyes meet with mine.

I sigh. "A date."

His eyes tear away from mine. "Huh." He runs his hand over the light blue dress with ruffles around the edges of the skirt.

He shakes his head and points at it. "You'd look like a cupcake. Unless that's the look you're going for, I'd suggest the pink one." His voice is hard and stiff.

"What about the yellow one?"

"You'd look like a piss stain," he grunts.

I grab the dress and shove it in my trash can. "You're right."

I look at Vance. "Wait, sorry. Why'd you come?"

He sits on the bed and shrugs. "Just thought I'd say hi but clearly you're busy." He crosses his arms. "Who's the lucky guy?"

I frown. "No. You'll kill me."

"Maybe I will. Who's the guy?"

Vance is standing now. He's getting close in my face, towering over me like we're about to fight.

"No, Vance." I murmur.

"Anna."

"Vance."

He pauses to think for a moment. "Is it that Bruce?"

I try to keep my expression blank. "No."

He grins but it's not a real smile. "Why are you lying to me, Anna?"

"I'm not."

He laughs but his heart isn't in it. "You're such a bad liar."

"Okay. So what if I am going out with him? It's none of your concern or your business. Get out."

"I just don't understand why you'd lie."

"To make sure you don't beat the absolute crap out of him."

"Hm. And you think I would do that, why?"

His face is so close to mine. I can practically hear what he's thinking by how close he is. "Because you said you didn't like his face."

"I don't."

"Okay. I don't like yours."

He stares at me momentarily while he tries to figure out what I'm thinking. "You know he doesn't really even like you."

"What?"

"Yeah. I heard from someone that he just feels sorry for you and since he's so nice he's giving you a pity chance."

I look at him in disbelief. He's pathetic. "You expect me to believe you?"

"Hey, I'm just warning you."

"Vance, get out. I won't let you ruin this for me."

"I'm not trying to. Just thought you should know the truth." He raises his hands in defense and takes a step back. Our eyes don't leave eachothers.

"Leave."

His eyes are full of venom but his expression is soft. He softens his eyes. "I'm sorry," he says. As much as he's trying to sound genuine, I can see right through him. He's trying to get under my skin. And it's working.

"I just don't wanna see you get hurt. That's all."

I glare at him. "Why are you so jealous of Bruce?" I spit. The question catches him off guard. He blinks.

"I'm not." His voice is cold, nothing like it was just a second ago.

"You're making it seem like you are."

"I'm not. Fuck you. Do whatever you want. I don't even care."

He walks past me and purposely bumps his shoulder into mine. I stumble back into the wall. He opens the window and climbs out, glancing at me once before leaving.

I shut it and lock it before getting dressed.

The clock reads 530pm. I pull the dress on and look in my closet for something to throw over it, in case it gets cold. I find a light blue cardigan pull it over my shoulders. I don't add tights. I pull on a pair of flats and comb my hair out. I spray perfume on my wrists and neck. The clock reads 6pm. An hour and a half.

I take some extra money and shove it in my purse.

Bruce knocks at the door at seven thirty on the dot. The door swings open. I grin at him and he smiles back. Jeremy stands behind me.

"This is him? I thought you'd be going with your Vance."

I turn my head slowly and give him a look. He grins mockingly at me and walks away, not even bothered to give the "have her home by nine or I'll hunt you down and kill you" big brother speech. I lock the door behind me.

"You look pretty," He smiles.

"Thank you. You also look nice."

He's wearing jeans and a black shirt. His hair is combed back and I notice he wore an excessive amount of cologne.

There's a pick up truck parked behind Jeremy's lowrider. "That's my brother, Junior, and his girlfriend, Vanesa." he points. "They're driving us."

I nod and as we walk to the truck, I can't help but notice that Vanesa is trying to block her face. From me? No, when I get in the truck she smiles at me.

Bruce and I sit in the back seat. His brother grins.

"So, you're the famous Annabella. Bruce told me all about you."

I nod and purse my lips. "Yep."

It's not long before the truck comes to a halt and we all climb out. There's blankets laid out in the back. Bruce holds my hand to help me up.

God, he's such a gentleman.

But Vance's words ring in my head the whole night. All the time that's spent with Bruce, my mind is only on Vance. Fuck, did he know how to get in my head. He was such a douche.

I held Bruce's hand during the movie, not letting go once. His touch was warm against mine. That was the most action that we got while we were there.

"This is nice. I like this, the two of us," He whispered to me on the drive back.

I grinned at him.

When they dropped me off, Vanesa once again ducked under the dashboard. I was the only one who noticed.

"Bye, Bruce," I hug him tightly on the doorstep. "I had a good time."

"Good, I'm glad. Maybe we can do this again, sometime."

"I don't know. I'll see you Monday." I murmur, Vance's words not leaving my head for a single second. I unlock the door and shut it in Bruce's face. What if Bruce really was only being nice to me? I wouldn't be surprised. That's how he is. He's the kindest and most genuine person on the planet.

Jeremy's asleep on the couch when I step down the hall.

I stomp up to my room, frustrated that I let Vance ruin my night.

At least Mom and Dad get home tomorrow night. That's something to look forward to.

I swing my bedroom door open and flick on the lights. I close the door and lean my head against it. I inhale and breathe out slowly. I feel like crying when I see Vance sitting on my bed when I turn around.

"How was the date?"

I burst into tears. He gets up, face full of concern and wraps his arms around me. I stand there, arms to my side, just sobbing. I already know that his concern is an act. He knows he ruined my night.

"I hate you," I cry. "I hate you so fucking much." He was the reason I couldn't have a good time with Bruce.

He just strokes my hair and shushes me, still putting up his concerned front. I want to scream at him, but my throat only conjures up sobs and cries.

"I hate you," I say again, meaning it this time.

He replies with nothing until I hear his whisper.

"I know."

word count: 1550

a/n pls dont be mad that i didnt give alot of details wit bruce, i tried to focus this part on the fact that anna only feels friendship towards him so that we're not stuck on a bruce vs vance ff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 5.4K 41
𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”Ήπ•π•’π•”π•œ β„™π•™π• π•Ÿπ•– 𝕩 π”½π•–π•ž!ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝑢𝒉, π’˜π’‰π’ π’Šπ’” 𝒔𝒉𝒆? 𝑨 π’Žπ’Šπ’”π’•π’š π’Žπ’†π’Žπ’π’“π’š 𝑨 π’‰π’‚π’–π’π’•π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝑰𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒂 𝒍...
595K 9.2K 43
!Completed story!
113K 1.9K 25
cute brance story! lowercase intended!!
259 15 13
Hey everybody my name is Rycail Nia Pereza and this is a story about mindless behavior,me,sis,friends and if u don't want to hear nasty stuff don't r...