1865 ; jungwon

By jaykehour

Jung Minjoo always admire the historical heartwarming love story of Yang Jungwon, an ordinary average man and... More

INTRODUCTION
TRAILER
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45 (FINAL)
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL: 2025

CHAPTER 28

2.3K 217 105
By jaykehour

Jiyeon stood there, not knowing what to do as Jungwon went towards the tree with the bag he was carrying that she had not noticed until now.

Her eyes examing the surroundings, bringing back the memories she had with the place.

It's been so long since her last time being in the place. And she couldn't believe she's back in the place with the man whom she met in the same exact place few years ago.

Jiyeon glanced at the direction of the orphanage that is a bit far away from their spot before looking back at the busy man who is unfolding the fabric he probably brought with him in his bag.

After the 'little talk', or more like Jungwon assuring her, the man brought her here.

Now, Jiyeon is not sure if Jungwon is aware about what the place means to her since the man didn't clearly knew her before. He just noticed her when they met in the garden of the Min residence that day.

But this place, this is where Jiyeon met him first. It's where the man protected her from those wild dogs. And that was when her admiration towards the other started. And it grew and developed from a simple admiration to what she is feeling now as time passes.

Jiyeon remembered when her parents decided to visit the orphanage to 'donate' and took her with them when she was still a kid. She still remembers being an outcast with the other kids in the orphanage that's why she left her parents and the building and ended up being in this place, which he met the other.

As that time Jungwon also happened to be there and that's when he protected her when two dogs attacked her. Jiyeon is not sure if Jungwon knows her or recognizes her since he didn't saw her face that time. So she doubt he does.

"Lady Min! "

Jiyeon was snapped back to reality when she heard the man called him. She walked towards him and sat to the space Jungwon tapped, which is next to him.

"It's quite peaceful here so I thought of taking you here with me. " he stated, glancing at the girl next to her.

"Yeah, it is. Thank you. " Jiyeon replied, struggling herself to have a comfortable position.

Jungwon noticed it. "You can lean on me if you wanted to. "

Jiyeon shook her head even though she badly want to, knowing that a simple skinship is a big deal in this era. And the fact that they are quite a bit close to the orphanage, she thought it would be a bit too much for the kids there.

"It's alright, I'm well. "

"Are you sure? "

She nodded. Jungwon stared at her for over a few seconds before he mirrors her action, buying her answer.

From where they are sitting they are having a clear view of the building as they are also facing it.

The older in haled deeply, stretching his hand behind him and leaned on it. "Do you see that building over there? "

Jiyeon followed his gaze and nodded when she realized what he's referring. "Hmm."

"It's an orphanage. "

I know.

"And I came from there. " he added.

Jiyeon wanted to tell the other she knew but she didn't as she let the man speak.

The latter chuckled. "And this was always my spot whenever I have the chance to go out. Though after some years, I was adopted by the Yang family. "

And that's the thing Jiyeon did not know. She looked at the man with full curiosity.

"Where are they now? "

Given by the fact that Jungwon is living in a tenement and working for himself alone, Jiyeon couldn't help but to be curious. Are they out of the country? Or are they living in a far away place? Why Jungwon isn't with them?

Jungwon on the other hand, sighed heavily upon hearing the other's question. He looked at her and forced a smile.

He pointed the sky above them. "I believe they're there. "

Jiyeon's lips immediately formed an 'O' shape, not expecting the other's answer.

"I'm sorry. " she mumbled, a part of her is hurting for the other.

The man smiled then shrugged his shoulder. "It's alright, you'll eventually find that out sooner. "

After that, Jiyeon changed the topic. They shared some stories, exchanged their views about some things, joked around while eating the bread Jungwon bought at the coffeehouse earlier.

And that afternoon, Jiyeon gets to know him more and understands him more. And that is one of the most memorable time she had with him so far.

-

A sound of the bell ringing, errupted the room as Jungwon made his appearance inside the coffeehouse. He looked around before he made his way towards the counter.

Just like what he told himself yesterday, he will ask for the owner of the coffeehouse about his daughter's schedule in the said place.

So he went to the counter. He smiled upon seeing the said girl.

"Jungwon, you're here! " there's an enthusiasm in her voice. Jungwon nodded his head, smiling timidly to her.

"Just sit in your table and I'll give you your order, the usual? " she added.

Jungwon pursed his lips, shaking his head. "Hello Binna. " He greeted. "I'm actually here to talk with your father, is he here? "

Binna nodded her head vigorously while smiling widely. "He's in the kitchen, you can go to him. "

"Thank you. " he simply replied before going in the way the other pointed. And there he saw the owner of the house.

He politely greeted the old man before starting the conversation, telling the man about the purpose why he is here. Though he made sure to not offend the old man.

And thank goodness mister Kim is kind and understanding so there is no violent reaction at all when Jungwon told the other about him not having any interest with his daughter.

"Why, are you liking someone already? " the old man asked, joking while putting some yeast on his bread.

Jungwon smiled. "I love someone already, mister Kim. "

And just like the same reaction he got with his friend when he told them about his feelings, the old man was surprised as he looked him with wide eyes.

"And who's the lucky one? "

Jungwon didn't answer immediately. He's not sure if he should answer and tell the man who it is. But in the end, he chose to do so as he is certain the man can keep some secrets.

"It's lady Jiyeon Min. " he answered, smiling widely as his eyes glistened.

And that's a mistake Jungwon shouldn't have done as there is a certain someone standing at the corner, silently listening to their conversation with a closed fist, jealousy and rage are well evident in her eyes.

If Mister Kim can keep a secret, well, not her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 1.6K 21
Yang Jungwon was a pill to Im Hani's anxiety. Being a hopeless romantic was never a term in Jungwon's book, yet why is he daydreaming of how he'll ge...
1.3K 93 11
in which Kim Minji tries her best to stop her Mother's 3rd marriage , she would do anything to stop it even if she have to pretend she fall in love w...
32.3K 2.2K 36
❝ I never said I'd fall for you ❞ ❝ But you did, in mud if I may add ❞ ↳ when ahn y/n wishes to stop her strange nightmares at 11:11, yang jungwon fr...
2K 114 26
"TRUTH 진실" Inspired off of "My Demon" - ✦ 『Sunghoon was a demon who'd make deals with humans for his own benefit. One day, he meets Cheonsa, and his...