1865 ; jungwon

By jaykehour

Jung Minjoo always admire the historical heartwarming love story of Yang Jungwon, an ordinary average man and... More

INTRODUCTION
TRAILER
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45 (FINAL)
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL: 2025

CHAPTER 26

2.5K 235 146
By jaykehour

How is he real?

That is the question that has been in Jiyeon's mind as soon as they started walking down the empty street. Hand in hand.

Her smile widened, loving the warmth feeling of his hand. She looked at the man walking next to her.

How is he real?

The question began repeating in her head once again.

Jungwon is perfect in Jiyeon's eyes. That's why she cannot help but to ask how the man could be so real?

He is beautiful inside and out. He is someone you would wish to have, a man you would not think that actually exist. And Jiyeon is so glad to have him by her side, she is grateful that the universe let her have him.

He's one of a kind.

"I'm melting under your gaze, lady Min. "

Jungwon looked at her, meeting her eyes that's looking at him. Admiration is very visible in her eyes causing him to smile.

"I apologise, I just can't help it. I can't believe you're real. " she answered truthfully. "That this is real. "

He lifted their hands and cocked a brow. "This? "

A shade of pink made its appearance in Jiyeon's cheeks, causing her to face the other side. She cleared her throat.

Jungwon chuckled. "I can't believe it too. " he says afterward.

They stopped in a park as Jungwon let Jiyeon sit on the bench next to the lamppost.

"I can't believe that out of all men exist in this town, why me? " he sat next to her and faced her.

"Why not you? " instead of answering him, Jiyeon replied with a question which pulled a string to the other.

Jungwon did not answer and Jiyeon took that as an opportunity to continue. "Instead of asking me why you, let me ask you. Why not you? "

"I have nothing, lady Min. I have nothing to offer to you. I'm just a nobody, I don't have a great background, no family, I'm not wealthy. "

Jiyeon silently listened. She did not interrupt him even though she badly wanted to voice out her disagreement with what he said.

"Unlike them. " he added. "I can't guarantee the future you deserve, the life you deserve. "

Jiyeon wanted to smile upon hearing what he said. Though she refrained herself and just look at the night sky above them instead.

Her heart dancing with its own rhythm as her mind filled with the thoughts related with what Jungwon said.

So he thought about my future? He cares about my future?

She looked at him.

"Are those even matter? " she asked, glancing at him. "Because for me, it doesn't. I don't care about your background, if you're wealthy or not. As long as you're next to me, that's what matters. "

"I don't care the future, my future you're saying that I deserve. I don't mind living in the street if it's the only way to be with you. "

To say Jungwon was astonished would be an understatement. He wanted to say something but it seems like the other is not yet finished with what she's saying. So he stayed silent and just caressed her hand that he is holding all the while admiring her from his view.

"And you asked why you? " Jiyeon, once again, brought up the question Jungwon asked her a while ago. "Why not you? "

"You're kind, caring, you're a responsible man, you respect other people despite what they are or who they are. You saved me a lot of times already, you're always there whenever I'm in danger. You're amusing, you have a breathtaking visual, you're matured and understanding. And lastly, you're a complete gentleman. "

She spoke in one breath which made the man chuckled.

"Are you alright? " he asked which Jiyeon answered with a nod, chasing her breath. "That's quite a lot, I did not know that. "

She looked at him with wide eyes. "What do you mean? You're literally a walking green flag! "

Jungwon's brows furrowed. "A walking what? "

"Green flag? " she answered, sounding not so sure.

"A green flag? " he asked, Jiyeon nodded. "I'm a green flag? Since when did I become a thing? A flag to be specific? "

And it clicked to Jiyeon as realization hits her. She bursts out laughing then shakes her head.

"Sorry, oh my God. I'm sorry. " she spoke in between her laughter. "What I mean was, you're a gentleman. " she added.

He smiled, eyes not living her form. Her laughters is like a music to his ears, a beautiful melody that he can listen to all day.

A kind of melody he wanted to listen after a long day.

"Are you hungry? " Jungwon asked after a while which made the other looked at him.

Jiyeon nodded her head, thinking that the man would ask her to go to his place but she thought wrong when the man let go of her hand to get something in the inside pocket of the coat he is wearing.

Jungwon handed her a paper bag. "I brought a bread with me earlier just in case. "

"What about you? " She asked upon noticing that there is only one bread inside. One big bread to be exact.

Jungwon shook his head, not feeling hungry. "I'm fine. Just eat that up. "

"You sure? "

He nodded, certain of his answer. Though Jiyeon did not buy it as she took the bread and divided it in to two. She handed the other half to the man beside her.

"I can't finish this alone. " she stated when Jungwon gave her a questioning look. "It's too big. "

And just like that, they ate the bread in silence. It's a comforting silence where they just enjoy each other's presence.

You could say this is their first 'date' where there's an assurance, a clarification or they are simply aware of their feelings towards each other. And Jiyeon can't help but to feel ecstatic.

This is not a dream, as it is really happening. She is not using her imagination just to imagine this kind of scene in his head as it ks really happening.

Soon enough, Jungwon dropped her to the Min family, much to Jiyeon's displeasure. She wanted to spend more time with the man but she also understand that Jungwon have work the next day.

Once they are in front of the Min residence, Jungwon faced the other.

"Can I ask you something, lady Min? "

Jiyeon nodded, looking at their hands, still upset that their little time is over. It feels like it's just a couple of seconds when in fact, it's more than an hour.

"Please don't leave the house in the middle of the night, it's dangerous. I'm serious. "

Then how am I supposed to see you?

Jiyeon pouted. She did not answer. And that is a clear answer to Jungwon that she disagrees with what he just said.

He reached for her chin and guided her to look at him, causing their eyes to meet.

"It's dangerous. " he repeated in a tender tone.

"How could I see you then? " Jiyeon asked, not really liking the idea of not going out at night to see the other.

She hates it. Especially that she often missed the other.

Jungwon smiled. "We could see each other in the afternoon, if you want. "

"Don't you have work? "

He hummed. "I have, but we also have break time. And we could use that. "

It's just the time management for Jungwon. He can ask to move his break time into a specific time if it is the only way they can see each other so that Jiyeon would not go out at night.

Nights are dangerous, whether you're a man or a woman. A lord or a lady. That is why as much as he can, as much as possible, he won't allow the other to go out at night again.

Jiyeon on the other hand, smiled upon hearing what the other said. She nodded her head.

"Can I see you later then? "

He nodded. "Of course, lady Min. "

"Where can I see you in the city though? I don't know the exact location of your work. "

Jungwon smiled as he tucked some strands of her locks behind her ear. "You don't have to go there, I will always wait for you in the coffeehouse. "

"Which coffeehouse? "

"That coffeehouse. " he replied, referring to the one where he gave her a glass of water.

Jiyeon smiled, nodding her head, getting what the other meant. "I'll see you there then? "

Jungwon nodded, bringing their hands to his lips and kissed her fist before letting go the other's hand.

"I'll see you there, lady Min. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 124 19
A storyline where Min y/n gets to be the fortunate wife of Jeon Jungkook, who was the fiance of her elder sister. WILL THEY GET DIVORCED AS DECIDED...
297K 27.4K 52
The East Kingdom's princess was known to die in a very tragic way. But it was still unknown and controversial until now. No one knew who she got marr...
65.2K 6.5K 33
[ Sequel of '1865' ] After graduating college, Minjoo decided to take a break from everything in the city and have a short vacation in Busan to relax...
7.1K 673 34
In the beautiful countryside of late-Victorian England a young girl is forced to live with her grandparents. Everyday is the same and everyone is the...