AOT: A Scout's Journey (AOTxm...

By notalent11

(Y/n) was a kid from the underground. You had to lie, cheat, and steal to survive. One day you met a man that... More

Chapter One: Orgins
Chapter Two: The 104th Cadet Corps Part 1
Chapter Two: The 104th Cadet Corps Part 2
Chapter Three: First Battle
Chapter Four: The World is Cruel
Chapter Five: Battle for Trost
Chapter Six: The Survey Corps and Eren's Trial
Chapter Seven: The Survey Corps and the Special Op Squad
Chapter Eight: New Members
Chapter Nine: The Female Titan
Chapter Ten: Defeated
Chapter Eleven: The Messenger
Chapter Twelve: The Reveal
Chapter Thirteen: The Beast Titan
Chapter Fourteen: Ymir
Chapter Fifthteen: Traitors
Chapter Seventeen: A Noble Cause
Chapter Eighteen: A Hero's Welcome
Chapter Nineteen: Jailbreak
Chapter Twenty: Small Reunion
Update
Chapter Twenty One: Wish
Chapter Twenty Two: Orvud
Chapter Twenty Three:The Queen of the Walls
Chapter Twenty Four: Heritage
Chapter Twenty Five: Preparations
Quick Q&A
Chapter Twenty Six: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter Twenty Seven: Shiganshina
Chapter Twenty Eight: Thunder Spears
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Man I Admire

Chapter Sixteen: Charge

2.6K 84 28
By notalent11

You were putting on spare gear since the one you had earlier were broken from the fight with the Armored Titan and Colossal Titan. Everything is fucked. Levi isn't here, Hange and the other senior Scouts were injured. The Garrison arrived earlier with reinforcements but they won't go out the Walls.

(Y/n): Shit. What can we do but wait?

You put your hand to your head and sighed. For starting a new career, it's been problems after problems.

(Y/n): Goddamnit I've been in for a short time and I seen way too much shit for my age.

Armin: (Y/n)?

You released your hand from your head and looked at him.

(Y/n): Hm?

Armin: What are we going to do?

(Y/n): We're going to wait. We can't do much anyways with the amount of people we have. The horses are on the other side of the walls, and even if we are able to do a small party to look for them, we won't know where they're heading anyways.

Armin sadly nodded at what you said and you put a hand on his shoulder.

(Y/n): Don't worry. We'll get them back. Go check on Mikasa. She's still unconscious.

He walked away towards Mikasa and you moved towards Hange and sat down.

You put a hand on hers and tighten your grip.

(Y/n): You would know what to do if you're awake.

You let go and stood up and took a deep breath. There was a lot of information to accumulate. Reiner and Bertholdt being the very Titans that destroyed Shiganshina's wall, the dream about Ymir and Krista's true identity.

You walked around and stopped where Connie and Historia were. Connie was standing by Historia as she was taking care of a soldier with a wet cloth.

(Y/n): Hey Connie.

Connie: Is it true? Are Reiner and Bertholdt really traitors?

(Y/n): Yeah. The Armored and Colossal Titan were the both of them.

Connie: No way... They didn't do it without a reason right?

(Y/n): Don't know. It just had me thinking about who else was hiding secrets from us. Annie is the Female Titan and now Reiner and Bertholdt are also Titans.

You raised your hand and clenched your fist.

(Y/n): Ymir as well. But it didn't look like she was working with them and now her and Eren are taken away.

Connie nodded and glanced at you with sad eyes.

Connie: And my village. There was no one when I went there other than that Titan that was in my home. I... I could've sworn that it looked like my mother.

(Y/n): And that damn Beast shit. It looked like he controlled the Titans at Utgard Castle.

Connie remained silent as you said this, and you couldn't help but make an assumption that if the Beast Titan was able to order Titans around then why wouldn't it be able to create them as well.

Mikasa woke up and you watched as her and Armin were making exchanges. An older man from the garrison joined them and the three talked about the old days.

(Y/n): Seems he's close with the three of them.

The sound of hooves and wagons were making an appearance and you ran to see where it was coming from. You saw the Scouts and reinforcements from the MPs and smiled.

Moblit: It's Commander Erwin! ... And the Military Police!

Erwin went to Moblit to discuss the whereabouts of where Reiner and Bertholdt could've gone. You were helping a Scout load up the wagon.

(Y/n): Now that I think of it... I haven't seen Nova at all lately. I hope she's fine.

Armin was with Connie and Historia.

Armin: I never thought that they would ride along the wall.

Historia: That's the quickest route.

Armin: Krista... I'd prefer if you stayed back but...

Historia: I won't. No matter what you say. I won't stay here and wait when Ymir is taken. You two should know that.

(Y/n): She's right. As much as I don't want her to go since it'll be dangerous, Ymir needs us.

Historia looked at you and smiled, showing thanks that you allowed her to go.

(Y/n): Even if I don't allow her to go she'll go anyway.

Connie: Krista has a point. We have plenty of reasons to be going after them... one of which I still can't believe that Reiner and Bertholdt are our enemies? I need to hear that from their mouths.

You let them talk as you walked towards Commander Erwin. Something tugged at your leg and you saw that it was Hange.

(Y/n): Hange!

Hange: (Y/n), pick me up and bring me to them. I need to tell them something.

You carefully picked her up and put an arm on your shoulder and walked her to Erwin and Moblit.

Hange placed a hand on Moblit and he turned around surprised.

Hange: Moblit, give me a map.

Upon retrieving the map, Hange had the Scouts and other soldiers revolve around her for what she had to say. You were carefully listening as she explained how Reiner and Bertholdt are probably exhausted from the fight, and how the Titans outside the walls are threats then it would mean that they need to find a place to hide.

Hange: Let's assume for now that their destination is somewhere outside of Wall Maria. They probably have a lot of ground to cover so it'll mean they'll need proper rest. Which means they need to be where Titans are unable to reach them. At least until nightfall comes.

She paused a bit for everyone around to consume the information.

(Y/n): The Forest of Giant Trees... that's where they'll be. Eren... Ymir... just keep waiting, we'll come for you two.

Hange: We have until night! If we reach the forest before nightfall, we might be able to make it in time!

Erwin made the order to move out and you got on a spare horse. You were lowered down to the ground and you took a spot next to Erwin. He looked at you with a proud smile, he quickly changed his expression to an authoritative one.

Erwin: Let's move!

His horse took the lead with you following.

-Timeskip-

As you were riding alongside Erwin, you made a glance towards Historia. She looked determined.

(Y/n): She isn't Krista anymore. Can I believe that she'll be able to go through this without my protection?

You saw the giant trees in the distance and mentally prepared yourself for what's going to happen.

A red flare went off in the distance and you looked at it.

(Y/n): Commander Erwin, your orders?

He shot up a green flare which basically answered your question.

More red flares popped off from different directions, and the Scouts nearby were asking to go a different route.

Erwin: No... any detours and we'll be too late. We'll force our way through! Prepare for battle!

You unleashed your swords. Erwin saw you doing so and nodded.

You got off your horse and ventured forth into the forest alone. You saw Titans around the trees and you charged at them.

One of the Titans noticed you coming, but it was too late as you sliced into their nape, and quickly dashed for another, and then another.

One by one, those Titans near the entrance were done for. You switched your blades and saw that you cleared the entrance for the Scouts to enter.

(Y/n): They should be able to move in without interference. I need to go ahead to make sure there's not many more nearby.

You hooked on to a tree and swung forward, deeper into the forest.

A flash of lightning appeared.

(Y/n): Shit! Did they transform? Who is it?

You switched directions and dashed to the spot of the lightning. You heard a Titan scream.

(Y/n): That scream... it's the same as the one at Utgard Castle... Ymir?!

You used more gas to accelerate the speed to ensure that you'll be able to reach her.

You saw a clearing and a Scout was taking out his swords, about to engage Ymir.

(Y/n): Stand down!

The Scout stopped in his tracks and looked at you confused.

Connie: Wait! This is Ymir! She's the one they took, it's her Titan form!

You saw more of the 104th were present. It wasn't just you deep in the forest anymore.

Connie: Hey Ymir! Why are you the only one here?! Where's Eren?! Reiner?! Bertholdt?!

(Y/n): Did she fight them off? No, I don't think that's the case.

You came closer to a nearby tree.

Ymir was eyeing everyone in the vicinity, her eyes stopped at you longer than the others before looking around more.

(Y/n): What the hell is she doing? She's eyeing all of us, there's no way she's looking out for Reiner and Bertholdt.

Historia: Ymir! Thank goodness you're alright!

Ymir then jumped at Historia with her mouth wide open and captured her in her mouth.

(Y/n): W-what?

Ymir then swung her arms through the trees, escaping.

Connie: She.. She ate Krista.

Jean: After her!

Everyone began going after her, leaving you stunned at what just happened.

(Y/n): Did she just eat Historia? No.. she wouldn't do that. There had to be a reason why she captured her. Was she threatened?

You regained your composure and followed the Scouts in haste.

(Y/n): Ymir wouldn't do that without a reason. She's my friend. She has always been.

You caught up to the rest of the group and you saw another lightning hit the ground. It was Reiner and Bertholdt used his ODM gear to latch on to his shoulder with Ymir going on the back. He started to run.

Armin: Oh no... Eren's being taken away!

Hannes: Don't stop! Get on your horses and give chase!

Everyone raced through the forest, hoping to reach Eren on time.

Hannes: I'm getting him back no matter what! Even if it means trading my life for it!

(Y/n): Reiner... Bertholdt. I don't know what you've done to Ymir for her to do that. But just know I'll kill both of you.

You got on a horse and charged forward with the group.

Jean: He's not fast enough to escape! We'll catch up!

Mikasa: This time I won't hesitate. I'll kill them both, I swear! And if Ymir gets in the way, she's asking for it too.

(Y/n): Over my dead body.

You turned to glare at her and she glared back.

(Y/n): Ymir was probably forced into doing this. Until I find out the reason, you won't lay a hand on her.

Mikasa gritted her teeth as you said this and all of you rode towards the Armored Titan.

You came closer and saw that Ymir reached into her mouth, and Historia was in her grip.

(Y/n): She's alive! Thank God, I knew Ymir wouldn't eat her.

Before you can make plans to engage the target, Mikasa already dashed forward. You watched as she sliced Ymir's eye and quickly went to Bertholdt. The Armored Titan blocked his neck, protecting him.

(Y/n): Damn it Mikasa!

You got off and quickly went to follow her. Ymir was fighting Mikasa. As Mikasa was about to strike, Historia used herself as a shield. Mikasa stopped and hung from the back of Reiner's head.

Historia: Wait, Mikasa! Don't kill Ymir!

She saw you and was relieved to do so.

Historia: (Y/n)! Thank goodness you're here too!

(Y/n): Mikasa, what the hell?! I told you to not engage with Ymir!

Mikasa: That depends on her! What will it be? I'll kill everyone that gets in my way so choose!

Historia: No, wait! Ymir will be killed if she doesn't listen to Reiner and Bertholdt! She doesn't have a choice!

(Y/n): So was I right? She's being forced into doing this?

Mikasa: There's only a few lives that I care about. My enemies made deciding that easy six years ago. If you're expecting compassion from me then don't. I don't have the room or time to care. Krista... (Y/n)... do you pick Eren or Ymir? Which is it? Will the both of you get in my way?

You furrowed your brows as she said this. As much as you cared for Ymir, you know that Eren is Humanity's last hope.

(Y/n): Why would you ask me that, Mikasa?

You glared at her. You weren't playing games anymore. If she struck Ymir, you'll go after Mikasa.

Ymir growled in response to what Mikasa threatened you and Historia with.

Historia: Stop, Ymir! If you fight her, you'll die!

Ymir listened to what she said and lowered her gaze off of Mikasa.

(Y/n): Good it looks like she won't attack. Now then...

You latched towards Reiner's shoulder and walked to the hands that were protecting Bertholdt. Jean and the others came by.

Bertholdt: Eren! Don't struggle!

Jean: Good luck with that Bertholdt! It's impossible to get him to calm down. He's the most irritating guy here! I know better than everyone, I hate him as much as you do! So what do you say? You wanna come out here so we both can beat him up?

(Y/n): Pfft nice approach, Jean.

Mikasa: Bertholdt, give him back!

Connie: Hey... you're kidding right? Bertholdt? Reiner? This whole time... you kept quiet and deceived us? That's cruel!

Sasha: Guys! Tell us it was all a lie!

As much as the others were yelling at Reiner and Bertholdt in denial of them being traitors, you weren't saying anything.

(Y/n): They've chosen this path, I've chosen mine. That's how the world works. I'll kill them.

You were looking around the Armored Titan's body to see where you could strike. You were thinking about striking him in the area behind the knees again.

Bertholdt: T-tell me... Tell me who the hell would want to kill people by their own choice?!

(Y/n): W-what?

Bertholdt: Who the hell would enjoy doing this?! Do you think I wanted to do this?! People hate and despise us...

(Y/n): People hate them? People... are there people outside the Walls? No he must mean us... he did destroy the wall after all.

Bertholdt: We've done such terrible things, we deserve to die. Things we'll never be able to bring back...

This puts you in a tough situation. You were trying to convince yourself that they were the enemies no matter what. But this new revelation from Bertholdt makes you wary and still hoped that they were always good. Just good people in horrible situations.

Bertholdt: But we just couldn't come into terms with our sins. The only time we had respite... was when we pretended to be soldiers! That's not a lie!

(Y/n): When they destroyed the walls... they were racked with guilt. They only found solace in pretending to be a soldier of humanity... until the time ran out.

Bertholdt: Sasha, Connie, Jean! It's true we've tricked everyone! But it wasn't all a lie, we've considered all of you allies! None of us deserve to apologize nor have the right to do so.

Being a comrade of the 104th for all of its training. It donned you on how close each and everyone was with each other. The emotional confession from Bertholdt hit you right in the heart. As a friend, you want to help them, but as a soldier, it's your responsibility to fight them.

Bertholdt: But someone... please someone... someone find us!

Mikasa: Bertholdt... give Eren back.

Bertholdt: It's no use.. I can't.

(Y/n): Why can't you? What's stopping you from doing it?

Bertholdt: Because it's what they want. Someone has to be the one to do it. Someone has to stain their hands with blood.

(Y/n): They? Who?! Bertholdt! Who?!

Your question wasn't answered as you heard Hannes coming in.

Hannes: Everyone! Get away from there! I can't believe this... what is Erwin thinking? He's leading a horde of Titans this way!

You look straight ahead and saw exactly what Hannes had describe. The sheer action of Erwin leading the Titans is frightening.

(Y/n): Everyone get away!

You jumped off Reiner and landed on the back of Mikasa's horse with her in the reins. The Armored Titan was slowed down by the Titans and you saw that Historia was hanging on the hair of Ymir.

You saw that a Titan was reaching out its hand towards her.

(Y/n): Ymir! Protect her!

You saw Ymir slashing at the advancing Titan. You don't know if it's because she heard you or she was already doing so. It doesn't matter since Historia is safe.

(Y/n): God I hope this horse can carry the both of us.

You watched as Reiner was overwhelmed with Titans and Mikasa was leading the horse towards the other Scouts.

You saw Nova appear out of the blue and you jumped from horse to horse to reunite with her.

(Y/n): Nova! I missed you girl!

You patted her head and rode near Commander Erwin.

(Y/n): Commander Erwin! What are we going to do?!

Erwin: Simple. We charge.

(Y/n): Huh?

Jean was with Mikasa and Connie. The other Scouts nearby are awaiting the order. He looked at you with confusion.

Jean: What's going on? Is this Hell?

Before you can answer, Erwin rode past and gave Jean an answer.

Erwin: No, but it will be. All soldiers, charge! The fate of humanity will be determined at this very moment! There is no future where humanity can inhabit these lands without Eren! We recover him and immediately retreat!

His horse is in the air while Erwin placed his hand over his chest.

Erwin: Shinzou Wo Sasageyo!

With that he charges right into the Hell that's awaiting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 10.4K 94
L/n Y/n was found at the doorstep of the Yeager Household at the age of 7. Eren vowed to protect Y/n ever since he saw her that day, with their bond...
747 29 21
When you wake up, you don't remember anything, not even your own name. After being told that your life was nothing but boring y/n doing nothing but s...
692K 22.8K 36
Life had never been kind to you, it seemed to be one tragedy after another. You found yourself alone, afraid... an outcast. Being part of the scouts...
9.7K 644 30
This is not a happy story. This story has the realism of life and no happy ending. Y/n was born to a whore in the underground and was sold off when h...