End of May // Luke Patterson

Door TheQuietHufflepuff

Ruth Peters was as much a part of the band as her brother and his three bandmates. Silent sparks fly between... Meer

Aesthetic and Playlist
June 13, 1993
January 2, 1994
May 30, 1994
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

16

218 3 0
Door TheQuietHufflepuff

Luke and Ruth popped back into the garage. They looked around at Julie and the boys practicing with a confused look.

Luke and Ruth stood and said, "Whoa, Julie."

Julie glanced up and said, "Grab your guitar and microphone. We got work to do."

Luke grabbed his guitar and put the strap over his shoulder. Ruth picked up her mic and tapped it.

"What made you come back?" Luke and Ruth wondered, stepping closer to Julie.

"I realized how important music is to all of us, and we've lost so much already. We can't lose this, too."

"Thanks."

Julie smiled at Luke and Ruth and the three shared an intense look of understanding and appreciation.

"All right, boss, where we at?" Luke questioned.

Julie smiled. "Oh, and by the way, happy birthday." She chuckled. "Let's go from the pre-chorus."

Alex tapped his drumsticks together. "One, two, three, four."

---

After rehearsal, Julie made her way back into the house, where she found Carlos taking pictures of the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Julie asked.

"Looking for those orb things," Carlos replied. "I'm telling you, this place is haunted. Every time I open my laptop, it's on some... rock music site. That ain't me, you know I'm all about the rap."

"Reggie," Julie whispered. "And likely Ruthie."

"I'm just trying to protect you."

Julie went to walk away, but was stopped by Carlos. "Oh, I'd be careful in there. Dad has that look on his face like when Google Maps tells him to turn on the wrong street."

The teen kept walking, but was intercepted by Ray who had his arms crossed as he asked, "Care to tell me why you missed your first three classes today?"

"I overslept at Flynn's house after the dance," Julie replied. "There was nothing going on in those classes anyways. It won't happen again. I promise." She walked past her dad.

"Okay." Julie grabbed a pillow and sat on the couch. "But if I know you missed class, it's only a matter of time before..."

The front door opened and Julie's aunt sighed and said, "I came as fast as I could."

"Exactly."

"Julie, I will not let you fall into the gutter of life."

"Tia, I'm fine," Julie replied. "I just overslept. And me and Dad already talked about it."

Her aunt scoffed. "You are far from fine, sobrina. I called your teacher. She said you missed a calculus test."

Ray frowned. "Nothing going on, huh?"

"Dad, I'm so sorry," Julie apologized.

"This is where you punish her," the aunt said.

"I know," Ray answered. "Julie... no more going out on school nights."

"But, Dad, tonight-" Julie protested.

Julie's aunt cleared her throat. "And go to your room." Her aunt cleared her throat again. "What else? What? And... and read. Study. Calculus. Go! Now!"

Julie set down the pillow and made her way upstairs.

The adults sat; Ray on the couch and the aunt on the back of the couch.

After a moment, the aunt said, "You know I'm only here to help, right?

"I know," Ray replied. "And sometimes I look a little annoyed... but I do appreciate you."

"You need me to look after Carlos, don't you?"

"Just a couple of hours."

She gently tapped his shoulder and stood before jogging off. "Mijo!"

---

Julie drew a birthday cupcake on her microphone. Her phone chimed with a message, she set her microphone down, and looked at it before laughing and saying, "Nick."

Reggie stuck his arm through the door and knocked.

"What are you guys doing?" Julie asked.

Reggie stuck his body through the door through the door as he said, "We're being classy." He held his right hand in an okay sign and winked.

Reggie walked in and went on to say, "Why are you still here? We're going in, like, 20 minutes."

The ghosts all walked through.

Julie let out a sigh. "I lied to my dad, so now I'm stuck in my room all night."

Alex said, "Yeah, but we were just at the venue. I mean, it's packed wIth VIPs, managers. It's kind of crazy."

"What are we gonna do about my aunt? She's downstairs!"

Ruth smirked lightly. "Don't worry about your aunt. We got that covered."

Luke went to Julie's window and opened it. "You're not taking the stairs."

Julie smiled as she understood. "Okay, let me get dressed. I'll meet you there."

Reggie and Alex blipped away.

Luke and Ruth grinned, snapped their fingers, and disappeared.

Julie opened her mom's box and smiled as she pulled a black, decorated vest out.

---

"Next up, Dirty Candy," the announcer said.

Julie arrived and asked, "Am I too late?"

"Too early," Flynn replied.

The audience cheered and Carrie said, "Hope you all came to have a great time." She giggled and the audience cheered and whooped.

Julie frowned. "Dirty Candy? How'd she get on the list?"

"Her daddy probably made a call," Flynn replied, causing Julie to sigh. She noticed Julie's pin. "I like this! Pretty flower."

"Thanks," Julie said. "It's a dahlia. My mom's favorite."

The boys, Ruth, Julie and Flynn watched as Dirty Candy performed.

Alex and Ruth suddenly blipped onto stage.

"What?" Julie questioned and the others shrugged.

Luke smiled, seeing Ruth on stage.

Alex did a little head flick and Ruth sassily snapped her fingers.

Everyone looked at Alex and Ruth as they rejoined the others.

"You two having fun out there?" Julie asked.

Alex glanced at Ruth and said, "Um, it's not Ruthie's or my fault, it's our feet. Put us back in, Coach." He and Ruth blipped away again.

Flynn glanced at Julie and the latter replied, "Oh, it's the guys and Ruthie."

The song ended and Alex and Ruth struck a pose and smiled before saying, "Making me blush."

"Thank you!" Carrie exclaimed.

"Alex, Ruthie," Luke said quietly as the two mentioned appeared with the group once again.

Alex chuckled before saying, "Hey, um... we were just... We were just doing that for you guys."

Ruth nodded. "Yeah, just for you guys."

"Mmhmm," Reggie hummed. "You can stop smiling now."

"Actually," Luke piped in, "Ruthie can keep smiling. She's got a pretty smile."

"Dude, you're so in love. That's my sister."

"Maybe I am. I know."

"I'm not gonna lie, that was kind of good," Julie said.

"I forget why I hate her so much," Flynn replied, leaning closer to Julie who nodded.

Carrie walked up to the group and said, "Hi, girls. Isn't it past your bedtime?"

"Oh, now I remember."

"If you're looking for Nick, he didn't come."

"Not why I'm here," Julie shot back.

The emcee spoke. "Okay, it looks like we're closing the night out with one more group. Julie and the Fat Ones."

Dirty Candy chuckled and everyone, who could see the ghosts, looked at Luke.

"Really?" Reggie said.

"Yeah, man, my handwriting sucks," Luke replied.

Ruth rolled her eyes. "Should've taken that pen from your hand."

"I would've taken it back."

"Then I would've grabbed it back and kept it from you."

"How?"

"I would've found out a way. Somehow."

Julie chuckled and walked onstage. She put her mic on the stand and said, "Hi. It's actually Julie and the Phantoms." She waited a moment. "Okay.

Julie began playing the piano and soon started singing.

The ghosts appeared on stage and the audience gasped.

Julie and Luke stepped closer together as they sang. Luke moved closer to Ruth and they sang together, sharing an intense look. Julie smiled at the two. If one didn't know the truth, they'd say the two were together.

Luke sang with Reggie and Ruth. Alex sang in his mic.

Julie walked to Luke and Ruth as she sang, and Luke and Ruth sang while repeating her words.

Alex and Reggie sang.

With the final words, Luke stared at Ruth with the familiar gaze whenever he looked at her.

When the song finished, they bowed and the ghosts disappeared. The audience cheered and clapped.

Julie spoke into her mic. "Thank you. We're Julie and the Phantoms. Tell your friends." She ran off stage.

"You were incredible!" Flynn exclaimed.

"Yeah, we were!" Reggie and Ruth agreed.

"Hey! Hey, whoever Carrie was trying to impress is coming this way," Luke said.

Ruth rubbed her hands together and squealed. "Oh, this is exciting!"

"Oh, it's-" Julie began.

"She looks all business!" Reggie noted. "Wait; who should do the talking?" His bandmates stared at him. "Oh, right. Julie. Julie!"

"You got this," Luke and Ruth encouraged.

The manager walked up to them and said, "Hi. I'm Andi Parker, and-"

"Julie," Ray called. "It's time to go."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4.5K 39 25
Jade Lu's life went downhill in the blink of an eye. Within minutes, her life as she knew it was turned around. She gave up music, in all forms, as e...
78.2K 1.8K 22
charlotte adams is a ghost. after her sudden and tragic death in 1995, she finds herself back on sunset boulevard, 25 years later, right where she l...
40.2K 626 27
Emilia never got to see Sunset Curve become the band she knew they could one day be. 26 years after her departure from the world, a girl plays an old...