The Tiger and The God

By WingsSave

Atsushi could feel something wet dripping down his chin as he stumbled forward. His side was radiating pain t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15

Chapter 14

378 23 1
By WingsSave

Chuuya's POV

He watched from the window his friend breakdown. He absolutely hates watching him go through this. He despised having to keep away from his friend. A friend he had come to care deeply for as he was someone who didn't judge. Even after all he had done to the weretiger. He watched as Atsushi collapsed to the ground and it took everything in him not to jump into the apartment. He decided right then and there that it was time for him to just talk to Atsushi. He would need to get through to the Mackerel as he looked at a sobbing Atsushi. He needed to do something, he could no longer just sit on the sidelines as he watched his friend deteriorate into nothing. He could not and will not lose anyone else. He was absolutely devastated as he just stood there watching when Atsushi attempted to hurt himself. He looked away and decided that it was time to leave no matter how much he didn't want to. He flew away with gravity as he needed to get out of there as quickly as possible. No matter how much he didn't want to be texted the Mackerel that they needed to talk. He was going to help Atsushi, he didn't care what the Mackerel said anymore. He was going to do things his way now. He entered his apartment with a determined expression. He was ready to help his friend regardless of what would happen. He didn't fully understand why he was so protective over Atsushi. He would continue to be as long as Atsushi was in danger. Right now Atsushi was a danger to himself. He resolved to use whatever necessary precaution he needed to.

Reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone, he stopped as a certain Mackerel was in his apartment. He slowly lowered the phone keeping his eyes on the other male. He wasn't going to even question how he got into his apartment again. It wasn't worth a fight right now.

"You damn Mackerel. What are you doing here?" He growled even though he contacted him a couple of hours earlier. It only meant one of two things, Dazai needs his help or he is here to warn Chuuya off again. He honestly hoped nothing happened to Atsushi from the time he left Atsushi in his apartment to when he arrived at his own home.

"Ah Slug!~ I wondered when you would be home, especially after such a heartfelt message!" He watched Dazai move toward him with a mischievous grin. He could feel his anger rising but he needed to keep his cool. He watched the other carefully as he stopped in front of him.

"Is Atsushi okay?" He didn't care what else Dazai had to say. He needed to know that the weretiger was okay. He felt dread creep into his bones the long Dazai stood there saying nothing. He tried to wait patiently but the longer the younger male stared at him the more he became antsy. Why the fuck was Dazai not saying anything? 'Fuck. Atsushi please be okay.' He turned to go back out the door to head back to where he last saw Atsushi. He was stopped midstep when he heard Dazai speak.

"He is physically fine, Slug." He whipped around moving toward Dazai with heavy but quick steps. He punch Dazai in the face with as much force as he could. Why the fuck must Dazai always do this? Why must he always drag things out when it came to his friends? He always was slow to tell Chuuya if people were safe. It frustrated him. The last time he didn't say anything until the last minute he found out a close friend in the mafia died. He just wanted to protect those he cared about but it was hard to do when he is told nothing. He felt useless not being able to save those close to him. Fuck if he couldn't save Atsushi. That boy had become such a big part of his life even though they hadn't known each other long. Atsushi had to be one of the sweetest beings he has ever met. Chuuya actually felt comfortable being himself around the weretiger. He could joke around, laugh, and get upset without any judgment. He will be damned if he didn't protect that. The hot rage he felt at not being told if Atsushi was okay was strong. He didn't give a damn about Dazai and his shitty ass schemes.

He didn't care that his blood dripped onto his carpet. He would maim Dazai if he could but he knew that Atsushi wouldn't appreciate it. He also wouldn't find out why the weretiger was targeted.

A Few Hours Ago/Dazai POV

Dazai hummed as he walked along the street not caring about what was around him. He was deep in thought as he knew he needed to figure out what was going on in the underbelly of Yokohama. Trouble was stirring and it all surrounded Atsushi. He already found out why Atsushi was targeted but now as to why Atsushi specifically was targeted. Surely there were other ability users out there that would fit what they were looking for. The more he thought the more he knew he needed to get to the bottom of this. He had a feeling if he didn't Atsushi would not make it. Mentally or physically. He needed to make sure he didn't fail Atsushi.

As he walked and the sun went down, he suddenly felt in his gut that he needed to check on Atsushi. He turned around to head back to the dorms. Something wasn't right. He walked up to the dorms only to see a blur of red shoot away from the building. Shaking his head he hurried up to the window that looked into Atsushi's dorm room. He watched with a helpless look at Atsushi. Atsushi was sobbing while blankly looking at the TV screen. It was like Atsushi had no control over his emotions. He glanced at Atsushi's hand which he seemed to cradle and saw the bandages wrapped around it.

'Damnit. I might actually need the slug. Atsushi, hold on a bit longer.' Dazai watched Atsushi curl into a ball and just cried. Watching his protege decline into almost nothingness hurt. Normally he didn't care but Atsushi was his best friend. He became quite close to the weretiger in the year they have known each other. It would never be like his friendship with Oda but it was close. He feared he would lose yet another person he cared for. A person who truly cared about him and didn't care about his background. Someone who never gave up on him regardless of how annoying or self-destructive he was.

He moved back from the window that he knew Chuuya was previously at. He knew Chuuya checked up on Atsushi occasionally but never said anything as it didn't break their agreement. It was just like the hat rack to care so deeply for someone to constantly check on them. It was time to enlist Chuuya's help. He and the ADA have tried so many times to help Atsushi but he would just brush them off saying he was fine.

They could all see he wasn't he was becoming thinner and the eyebags were getting worse. Before their eyes, he was withering away. Dazai hated that he could no longer see the light in Atsushi's eyes, there was no hope in them anymore. Whatever happened while he was captured shook Atsushi to the core. It didn't help that none of them knew what actually happened. Dazai hated not knowing. He couldn't plan accordingly to help or destroy those who went after Atsushi. He let out an aggravated sigh as he started toward the slug's apartment. He hated that he had to even go to him for help.

He broke in as soon as he reached Chuuya's place, disabling the cameras and locks in an instant. He walked in and let out an exasperated sigh. Of course, the chibi would decorate his house like this. He took in the extravagant decor with a disgusted sneer. Honestly even his shipping container was better than this. He walked toward the ceiling-to-floor windows just to look out at Yokohama. This city was about to have hell brought down upon it once he found out what was going on. He was also entirely sure Chuuya would destroy the city for Atsushi's sake. He knew something grew between the two and he didn't like it one bit. To think Atsushi would pick someone like the slug. Though he could not lie Chuuya had great taste in men, as the slug picked Atsushi. Shaking his head he got his thoughts in order. All he had to do now was wait for Chuuya to arrive home and if in the meantime he messed with Chuuya's wine collection, oh well.

He knew he should have expected this. He spits the blood that pooled in his mouth onto the carpet. Looks like the hat rack never lost his touch in being able to hold back enough to not send him flying into the wall but still almost shatter his jaw. There was always a reason he never told Chuuya things. He always went off the deep end and blamed himself. It seemed the same thing was happening here.

"Still packing a punch I see." He grinned at Chuuya with a malicious grin. He would love to tease the chibi right now but he knew he couldn't. Atsushi's life was in the balance and he would not mess around with that. He straightened to his full height looking down at Chuuya. He quickly wiped any emotion from his face as he got serious.

"I will get straight to the point as it is Atsushi involved. I need you to see him. We at the agency can't seem to get through to him." He watched emotions flood Chuuya's eyes. The chibi was always an open book no matter what he said. The anger in the smaller one's eyes seemed to grow as a dark look took over.

"Are you fucking with me?" Dazai watched Chuuya start to glow red. 'Yep, chibi is definitely pissed.' He sighed in absolute exacerbation only the hat rack would be this dumb.

"No."

"No. That is all you are going to say? The fuck! It is because of our agreement that I stayed away from Atsushi. Now you are fucking telling me that you need me. What the fuck have you and that shitty agency been doing?! Instead of helping, all it seems to me is you guys don't know what to do! Atsushi has been in constant pain and all you fuckers do is ask if he has eaten or slept! HE NEEDS FUCKING REASSURANCE! HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO BE THERE WHEN HE IS SOBBING HIMSELF TO SLEEP!" Dazai's eye widened at Chuuya's outburst. He didn't expect Chuuya to get this upset. Tears rolled down the smaller male's face while it was still full of rage. So he was right about what he assumed. This might turn out better for Atsushi then, knowing Chuuya would give his all to help Atsushi. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Together By lul

Fanfiction

72.8K 1.7K 15
"Run away with me Chuuya." "W-What?" Chuuya looked at the brunette in shock. He didn't know what to think of the current question he was just asked...
18.8K 782 9
'''Can you... can you not look ?'' Chuuya was shocked at his words. He didn't realize that taking his body meant that he could see whatever's underne...
14K 451 35
Just some requested one shots here! Request some ideas whenever you like! Basically just make sure that the request you say is in Atsushi's POV or it...
476 22 10
[ NOTEBOOK 2] [ BASICALLY PART 2 OF DARK RED ] on the night you ran away, the young brunette organized a search party in the hope of finding you safe...