the scarlet's bird. malenia |...

By utabomb1

malenia x oc Melania, the severed. A name that stuck and a name she wished never came to fruition. It haunted... More

the scarlet's bird
her first friend
his dearest miquella
end of our lives
moving on without him
don't let me go
the act of duty and love
the happiest year

runt of the litter

952 22 11
By utabomb1

The click of heels against the frost porcelain floors of the dining hall caught the attention of the golden prince, who shot his eyes away from swirl of honey tea in his ornamental cup. Godwyn smiled at his mother who appeared to be at distressed before approaching him, 

"Why the long face, mother?" He asked with the spoon barley dangling in his fingertips while his mother drops to the closest seat, crossing her legs with her hand now at her temple. 

"I swear to the gods, what am I paying these wretches for? The annual new blood festival is only just a week away and the preparations for the tournament are barely finished!" She complained. "This is ridiculous. We should've set the festival at the Redmane castle like we did years ago." 

"Ah, but it wouldn't it much be better hosting here?" Godwyn smirked, "At least, we don't have to travel to a place where terrible heat and a disgusting stench." He snorted, "Honestly, Radahn is a fool who can't run his own castle." 

"Silence." She whispered harshly, studying the room to see if Radagon was around. "He could hear you." 

"Oh, please. What would he do?" Godwyn took a sip of his tea. "His children are rather strange. Radahn is growing twice in size than before. He's practically a giant!" Marika could not help but smile, "And his sister, so quiet and isolated. She's good for breeding as she is beautiful but she her personality is as bland as sandpaper." 

"And Praetor Rykard? Who is he to you?" The mother questioned. 

"Charismatic, smart too but lately, he's been gloating about a serpent king or whatever the cultists worship nowadays." He shook off with a hand, "Quite similar to the frenzied flame cultists that daughter of yours apprehended the other day." 

And then there's a pregnant silence. Marika twist her torso and found that it was just her and her favorite son. She looked quizzical at him,

"And where is Malenia?" 

-

Malenia cracked her eyes opened and was welcomed by the chirping of lovebirds singing out of her window. She pushes the strands of hair out of her face and as she tries to pull up her torso, she falls back to the bed by the hand bound around it. She turned right and gave a fainted smile, a soft laugh whispered out of her mouth as she found a barely woke, Remus looking at her now. He gives her a lazy smile as his hands pull her tighter and closer. 

"Good morning, princess." 

"Hello, Remus." She curled up against him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Absolutely." He tells her, enthralled by her beauty. "How could I not? I get to be here with the girl of my dreams." His lips draw close to her, "And I can finally do this." He kisses her and her heart leaps as she wraps her arms around him as they continued to kiss. He pulled her back to the bed and found himself on top of her. The two continued to make out, the heat between them escalating as their bodies press together. She moaned sweetly as she rows her hips against his and each time, she can feel the bulging pressure below the waistline of his pants. 

"I love you so much." He says in between gasps and kisses. The girl gasped when her leg is pulled to his waist. His hands smooth underneath her dress and stroke her inner thigh as they kissed. She sewn her eyes shut, moaning into him as his fingertips danced along her skin. His bulge was now pressing against her cotton panties and she blushed, releasing a strangled cry as she starts to feel light headed. Her heart was racing and her body felt limp. A wet sensation pressed against him and rather than relishing it, he releases her leg and pulls his body away from her.

When she cried out, Remus felt alerted and stared at Malenia with worry,

"Are you alright? Did I hurt you?"

"What? No, no, you're okay."

"Really? Because if I hurt you, I-"

"Remus, you didn't hurt me." She interrupts, "Don't stop."

He let out a relief sigh before giving her a single kiss. "S-Sorry, you just make me feel a type of way. You're all I ever wanted." 

"Oh, Remus." She felt so lucky just as he did with her. They giggled, pressing their faces closely before taking in another kiss. But then, someone knocks loudly on her door and his eyes widened, his body dropping to the side of the bed to hide. A loud 'thud'  boomed across the room and Malenia rolled her dress back down, looking back the door. 

"Princess, are you alright?" A maiden calls out.

"Y-Yes, it's nothing!" She shrieks, looking down at a fallen Remus. "I-I fell." She lied as Remus pressed a hand over his mouth, as an attempt to conceal any suspicion in the room. 

"Oh..well, Queen Marika is requesting your presence in the dining room. Please come as soon as you can."

"Okay! I will be there!" She exclaimed and said nothing until she heard the sound of footsteps recede. She looked over at Remus.

"Looks like the coast is clear." 

After that, the two rushed to the dining hall where her and Godwyn sat, eating their breakfast in silence until her mother caught eye of her daughter. 

"Malenia, please sit down. Have something to eat." 

"Y-Yes mother." She said meekly before pulling the seat far away from her and Remus followed suit. 

"Oh and Remus." Remus froze and looked at the Queen, who simply stared at him up and down. She arched a brow and he gulped, worried she might question their whereabouts. 

"Your hair is such a mess. Had a rough morning?" 

He looked up at his hair, ruffled and messy, he patted it down with a soft chuckle. 

"Apologies, my lady, but I indeed woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." He attempted to spur a laugh from either of the two but they both stared, judgmentally. "In fact, Malenia and I went on a mission just yesterday so I suppose it's why her and I struggled to get up." 

"I see." The woman says flatly before drinking a goblet of wine right in the morning. She rest her cup to the side and picked up the fork to eat her breakfast. The two sat together to eat and in between the time they chewed on their food, Remus would playfully kick Malenia under the table. Malenia would retaliate, causing Remus to choke on his drink before he snickered into little laughter. Malenia leaned into him, laughing too.

 Godwyn and Marika stared with confusion. 

-

Days gone by where they had no been separated for so long. After training, Malenia and Remus would spend time together, happily and devoted to each other. Remus would bring the occasional picnic, serving his girl baked treats and delicious sandwiches that would please her. The common folk would spot the princess, her hair tucked in a scarf as she held hands with Remus when they visit the market. They'd steal kisses and find themselves dance to the towns musicians playing all through the night. It was best of days and Malenia even found herself enjoying when the day ends, because she would find Remus waiting for her her, no, their bed. 

One day, 

Malenia found herself pulling horses to their pen by the training grounds and just after that, she pulled the stacks of hay into the farm. She'd pile them up and as she did, arms snaked around her waist. 

"Hello, little farm girl. What are you doing?" 

"Remus!" She exclaimed happily, turning to hug him. She pulls back to give him a kiss,

"You finished training so early!" 

"Your father was nice to give a half day. Training was a complete success, however. I'm getting a good handle on the incantations." 

"That's good to hear." She grinned. "And I'm just helping some of the farm hands with the animals today. I was a bit worried to get close to them but I would only have them by the reigns just for their own safety."

"How charitable of you." He smiled, "You know, you're a princess, right? You can do whatever you want besides smelling the horse shit here." 

She pouted, 

"Yeah, but I wanted to help!" Her arms spray out, eyes beaming with optimism. "I don't mind, really. It's nice to get to know the people here. I'm sure my mother hasn't." 

"I will say though.." He starts to tug on her dirty, navy fatigues. "You do look adorable in this get up." 

"Oh, please." 

He laughed, 

"I'm serious. You. are. irresistible." 

"Well..I guess I can take a little break from this." He grinned and guided her away from the barn and took her in the small alley between the building and the pen house where they'd exchange heated kisses. He had her pressed against the wooden wall and as they kissed, someone had been watching them.

A struggled cough came out of the old man's mouth and they both stopped kissing to look over at the figure staring at them at the end of the alleyway. Remus narrowed his eyes,

"Ah, if it isn't the runt of the litter." 

"No, no. Keep going. I'd need to know all the details before I tell the Queen what her precious shadow has been doing with her daughter." 

Malenia gasped,

"Y-You won't!" 

"Damn you, old man." Remus snarled, still holding onto his lover's waist. "Why do you enjoy prying in people's affairs? No wonder no one wants you here." 

Godrick wrinkled face contorted to a grin. His face was ugly and scarred like the stone age and he had a hunchback, his cane barely keeping it all together. His gray curled hair past down his cheeks as he stares at the duo. An old man still boasting with that golden crown of his. Godrick the golden, they call him that in Limgrave but what's golden about him? He's a walking corpse, Remus thinks to himself. 

"On the contrary." He looks over at the girl, "Your mother asked for me to come. Help her for the preparations for the new blood festival." 

"New blood festival.." Malenia breathed out. "It's coming this soon?" The blood festival. A festival hosted every few years to bring the newest, rising warriors who fight in a tournament. The winners get rewarded and recognized for their skills and are even offered to join the ranks of the best factions. 

"Yes. I will be one of the hosts who will get to crown the winning warrior. So will your mother and Radahn, your step brother who was the last champion, of course." 

"You, out of all people?" Remus huffed. "How pathetic." 

"Watch your tongue, boy. You oughta wear a muzzle for this disgusting behavior of yours." 

"Make me." Remus growled, his grip around her waist tightening. He despised Godrick. For a long time, Godwyn had been the one making remarks and insults about Malenia behind her back. The one he'd tell would be none other than his uncle Godrick, who laughed and agreed about how ugly and worthless Malenia was. It made Remus furious how he'd talk about that to a little girl at the time. Godrick had agreed with the golden son that she was no use fighting in battle and she was only useful to spread her legs. Remus could never understand why he would say such things but then he remembers his ranks being strictly men and he realized he's always been a problem. 

"Oh? Is that a challenge?" 

"You've always pissed me off, Godrick." Remus smirked, "The way you talk to princess. The way you think you're so special when you're not. You are a pathetic, old man who still believes he has power. The way you've talked about Malenia here is disgusting."

"How dare you." 

"Stop it!" Malenia shouted. "Remus, please, I know you want to protect me but I can speak for myself." 

"I'm sorry.." Remus tells her, "Every time he comes, I lose it. He says the most vile things of you and this is the last straw." 

"Godwyn does the same too." 

"But he's protected by your own mother. Godrick isn't." 

Malenia looks at Godrick, 

"We don't need to fight. Please, pretend you didn't see us-"

"Why would I do that?" Godrick scowled, "A girl like you should be with the suitors rather than this..pet of yours." He gives a judgmental stare as they still hold hands. "How hideous you two look together. Like outcasts who everyone hates. Malenia, if you want to make yourself useful, cut the training act of yours."

"I won't!" She tells him, walking up to him for a closer look. "I know what I want and my dream is it become a warrior. And don't you dare insult Remus like that. He is only defending me."

"Of course, he is."

"I'm serious, Godrick. I will prove you wrong." She takes a deep breath, "Because I..will sign up to join in this year's blood festival." 

Remus' eyes widened, 

"Malenia?" 

Godrick bursted out to a laughter, barely holding it together. He coughed and cackled, spitting on the floor. 

"You are joking, are you, princess? There's no way I'd let you join the festival. How about you put those ambitions to rest and spend your time with the suitors you mother wanted you to meet? A girl like you needs to know your place-" Remus has it again and again and when he says this, he looses it. A canon rings off his ear and he swoops at Godrick, picking him up the air before crashing them against the wall. He starts landing his fists against the old man's face, pummeling him as the man wails. Malenia is heard screaming, shouts of protests coming from her but he does not care. 

Godrick's bloody lip forms a smile before the cane he had tightly in his hands still, transformed to an axe. Remus gasped and before he can release the man, his face is slammed by the mighty axe before he falls straight into the roof of the barn and down to the hay. Godrick collapses, panting and breathing hard but picks himself up with the axe. Malenia screamed in terror, her eyes widened when she saw Remus collapse into the roof, leaving a hole on it. Godrick slams open the door with one kick as Remus pulls himself up, smearing the blood from his face and spitting a loose tooth out of his mouth. The scarlet bird stares at the old man with hatred now and his wings still stand and he equips the sword from his hip. 

"So this is how you want to fight?" Remus laughed. "Fine, let's do this." 

"I'm going to wipe that cocky grin from your mouth-AHH!" A scream ripped out of the old man and Remus blinked, confused but worried as he saw the man's scalp tugged by a hard grip. He looks closely to see it was Malenia, pulling on his hair before ripping chunks of gray by his scalp. His golden crown is seen on the floor from afar. 

"You won't hurt him, anymore." She seethes through her teeth, staring at him with bloodlust. She sound lethal and deadly before she threw the man away from Remus. Godrick tries to retrieve his axe but he is disarmed by her blade. He gasped before he's picked up again, slammed hard against the wall just as Remus did, cutting him with her blade. She made sure to only leave cuts on his forearms and it was enough for him to scream in horror as blood seeped out of his skin. She punched and kicked him until he was a bloody and Remus watched, speechless by Malenia's sudden strength. 

This is a power of a true demi-god..

"People like you aren't worth my time!" She shouted, clearly distressed yet angry as she left in a couple of last punches. The man spit blood and his face was coated in crimson red. He was left on the floor, looking mangled with the destruction as the background. All the knights and everyone close to the proximity came and gasped at the fearsome image of Malenia standing on top of Godrick.

"P-Please, don't kill me...don't..kill me." He croaked in between his blood. He begged for mercy and the young girl stared at him with a lack of remorse. She leaves him there, turning to Remus. Remus still looking shocked until Malenia requests this,

"Heal him."

"What? Why?" 

"We still have my mother to worry about. She won't be happy if I leave him like this."

"I.." He tried to protest but he gave up. "Fine." He wanted so badly to leave him like that but he knew the two would be severely punished. At least, if he healed him they would be able to escape the act of severe punishment. But there would have to be an explanation.

"You're lucky she is sparing you." He tells the old man as he starts to heal his wounds. 

"Y-you'll pay for this..both of you." 

"No, we won't." Remus retorted, roughly grabbing his bloodied arm before healing the cuts she gave him. "Here's the thing, Godrick. If you so tell anyone about us, Malenia will kill you. You saw what she did. She can do more to silence you, so I suggest you keep to yourself or you will be the one that pays." 

Godrick simply groans before he is left there. Malenia offers her hand and Remus takes it as they exit the other side of the alley. 

Godrick would allow his exhausted head throw back against the dirt as he coughed again. A pair of knights came to his assistance and as he is taken to the infirmary, he muttered to himself. He had always been called the runt of the litter. Not everyone in the family took him as serious and important as he wants to. 

The man can't help but feel hatred with these demi-gods, thinking they are so powerful and they can do whatever they want. Even Queen Marika is just as corrupted. When she banished his brother, that alone proved he had never been of importance to his once-wife. He was used and Godrick begins to believe, so is he. 

He comes to these parties, these events, only for them to gloat and mock him. They will learn, he tells himself. He is Godrick the Golden and he conducts his experiments of grafting back in the castle of Limgrave, he tells himself this: 

"I will become the most fearsome lord. A lord so powerful that even the demi-gods will kneel by my feet. And their shadows." he thinks of Maliketh and Remus, "They will pay and regret ever making fun of me." 

-

The future Godrick is smiling upon himself as he stands at the entrance of the castle where his best knights would stand in between a trail of prisoners, chained to the bone, are sent inside to their inevitable doom. 

"Do you witness this? I've did it." He tells himself, thinking of talking to his past self. The past self of the miserable, hunchback with the cane is now heightened by size, his grafted parts attached to his body makes him fearsome and dangerous. His golden crown shining and tight around his head, finally feeling like it belongs. 

He cackles when they bring in the rotten soldiers who were stripped to their trousers. The women wept and cried as chains rattled between their legs and hands. After them, comes an unconscious Malenia. The bound shadow after her screams but they are muffled by the muzzle worn around his mouth. He was gifted with an extra layer of chains, his hands and in between his ankles and a tight collar to his neck, leaving a mark of his imprisonment. He is whipped by the bare neck and he nearly stumbles, only to be whipped again.

"Keep moving!" A guard screamed and Remus had no choice but to pass Godrick. Remus' eyes water and boil into rage when Malenia is picked up by the grafted man. He swore he wish he could rip out of the chains and claw Godrick's eyes out when he pulls the unconscious girl up to his face, smiling happily. She was stripped of all her clothes to show a sense of vulnerability and humiliation and he held her tightly by the  waist, the other pair of hands began to grope and touch every inch of her skin. 

"My, she's rather pretty and tamed when she's sleeping. Like a doll." He shakes her before looking at Remus in the eye. "Isn't that right, Remus?" 

'I'm going to kill you. When I get out of here, you will not last any longer.' Remus cursed internally but felt helpless seeing Malenia in his grip. 

"I told you, you would pay." 

Godrick would ruin Remus. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 41 7
Arya Gerasimov lost her twin sister at a young age to Death eaters and has lived in the dark for a long time, not knowing much about the outside worl...
339 61 18
→ A Village In Ruins, No-One To Be Seen For Miles- Graves Everywhere For Those People Who Had Suffered From 'Him.' The Dark Knight, Villagers Call H...
5.9K 52 32
Godwyn is slain. The Elden Ring is broken. Queen Marika is nowhere to be found. Left on their own, Queen Marika's offspring struggle to come togethe...
20 0 10
A young, devout knight of the Finger Order crosses paths with the maddening Three Fingers. Cursed and defiled, she is given one chance for redemption...