Fly Away

By adeenix

Love Rejection Heartbreak -------------------------------------------------------- Mia has spent her life liv... More

Introduction
01 - what's the difference?
02 - you're the only one
03 - maybe i should just run
04 - get your bitch away
05 - i would never do it otherwise
06 - all of a sudden, I wish i wasn't here
07 - nerves and nerves and nerves
08 - just follow my lead
09 - entertaining delusions
10 - it seems you got lost
11 - hard-to-breathe syndrome
12 - woah, tattoos
13 - i dont want to feel alone anymore
14 - i'm a coward
15 - unraveling the truth
16 - not.attractive.
17 - fireworks and a goddamn zoo
18 - i want cherries
20 - cherries aren't a meal
21 - anticipation
22 - it's tempting
23 - things that shouldn't happen in an office
24 - echoes and bursts
25 - two innocent souls
26 - you're the only one who remembered
27 - daddy issues
28 - garfield 2.0
29 - the sound of a flat line
30 - moth to a flame
31 - mumbling and grumbling
32 - asserting dominance
33 - hysterics and kisses
34 - memories and the sound of ringing
35 - panic attack
36 - home?
37 - entertainer
38 - giving in
39 - flying away from reality
40 - anything for you
42 - cold fire
42 - glass proofing
43 - am i dreaming?
44 - savour me
45 - pretty boy
46 - moving on
47 - cherries and wine
48 - i love you
49 - reminders of her
The Hijabi and The Streetfighter
epilogue

19 - death wish

4.7K 127 64
By adeenix

Song: Brent Faiyaz- Needed (SLOWED+REVERB)
Rocco

Another man dead.

God only knows how many more to go.

The break ins have been getting worse. Nearly every facility of ours, including our major depots, have been annihilated, and I still have no fucking mole.

It's pissing me off more than I care to admit, because now my father sees my progress, and he will decide to drop my efforts in leu of Lorenzo, who hardly gives a fuck about this shit to begin with. That's why I'm next in line for Don.

It would only make things worse if I was pushed aside.

My suspects haven't gotten me anywhere, and I've just ended up killing them because of their uselessness.

I sigh a breath of annoyance and walk towards the metal table, placing down my gun and wiping my hands on a fresh white towel.

I hate the feeling of blood on me, all sticky and disgusting and pointless.

I should have stepped back to avoid the splatter instead of standing there and enjoying it.

My thoughts wander back to Mia. I had left her on the sofa in the lounge, eating cherries and chocolate before I left for work.

I still wanted to know about her random reaction, and why she had hesitated with those fucking cherries of hers, but I could tell it was a sore subject for her. Maybe that's just another reason why I should keep a close eye on her from now on.

And that stupid fucking cashier. I swear he mouthed off about her being a hot catch, thinking I would go along with it, but all I wanted to do was rip his tongue out of his dirty mouth.

I unlock the door to the cell and close it behind me. One of the guards, Carlo, stands outside the room, staring straight ahead at the blank wall opposite.

"Make sure that shit gets cleaned up." I point my thumb towards the room with the body before walking away and up the stairs.

As soon as I open the doors to the main lobby, Ren comes charging up to me.

"Bro, what took you so long? Did you get the shit you needed? I swear to God my guy kept looking at my dick like he wanted to eat it. Fucking creeped me out." He shakes his head at the floor, a disgusted expression on his face.

He looks up at me with an expectant expression, and I shrug, putting my hands in my pockets.

"I killed the fucker." He was of no use to me anyway, and if I let him live, he would have gone rambling to his boss about our weakness and I couldn't afford that.

"Damn." Is all he says, and I finally think I'm going to get silence, but the bitch has to speak again.

"How's Mia. I'm coming over to see her, poor girl, cooped up with your fat ass all day." I clench my jaw at his words and let him continue to ramble on about how whatever his stupid thoughts are.

After that party at my house about a week ago, Ren had tried to steer clear of me after I had threatened to punch him.

It doesn't take much to scare the guy.

He seems to be over it now though.

I exit the double glass doors of the building and walk around to my motorbike parked at the curb.

Whenever I ride it now, all I can think about is Mia and her arms wrapped around me and her legs touching me. It haunts me every time, and I almost didn't use it today because of her, but I need it. I need to feel the thrill of riding it and controlling it.

It's always been my escape when I wanted to take my anger out, and I would just drive so fast on empty roads.

When I had first passed my driving test for my bike, I had crashed.

I did something stupid, and my father threatened to fucking do something to Gianna and of course I got pissed. More pissed than I had ever gotten before and I was speeding so hard down this one street and before I knew it, I had crashed into a lamppost.

I prime my leg from the weight on the bike when it had fallen, and dislocated my shoulder from the sheer force of hitting the lamppost.

That was the first and last time I had crashed, and after that I had vowed to make myself wait until I was in control of my anger before driving around like a maniac.

I strap on my helmet and watch as Ren gets in his car, giving me a two fingered salute which I respond to with my middle finger before I drive off towards the penthouse.

It's not far from here, and it only takes me ten minutes max and when I arrive, I spot a familiar head of long, dark hair.

A man I don't recognise is standing opposite her and they seem to be having a heated discussion.

I walk up to them, a low spark of something akin to anger flaring up inside me, seeing her with another man, even if they were only talking.

"Something the problem?" My voice comes out harsh, and Mia turns to me, her expression one of surprise.

Without my consent, my eyes rake down her body, narrowing slightly at her shorts. They are halfway up her thighs, and the fact she's walking around this lobby, talking to this random man, is getting on my nerves.

I raise my eyebrow up at her and she blinks once before glancing back at the man.

He has the same dark hair as her, but his eyes are brown.

"Nothing's the problem here. I was just talking to my sister." The guy says, and I look between the two of them, realisation settling in. They do look alike.

But it still unnerves me. What is he doing here? My father clearly told me that she wasn't allowed to see her family for whatever fucked up reason he made up.

I've heard about the two brothers, but have never seen then before. My father only mentioned them once when he was telling me about Mia, and the rest was research I did.

Apparently they weren't the best of people around.

You can talk, jackass.

I look to Mia again, but she's fiddling with the end of her t-shirt, seeming to have zoned out on the conversation. Her eyebrows are furrowed and her lips are slightly puckered.

A buzz starts in my veins, which I ignore.

I move closer to her, placing a hand at the base of her neck, pulling her into my side. I can't trust this guy, even if he's her brother. I have no real idea what they're capable of.

She finally seems to break out of her daydream, and looks up at me, an odd expression on her face. She seems uncomfortable, and I'm guessing it has everything to do with the man in front of us.

I look back at him to see his eyes narrowed on my arm, but it only makes me slide my arm down to her waist protectively. He's a few inches shorter than me, so I could take him out any day of the week, and right now I'm wholly tempted to do so.

"What were you talking about? If you have anything to say to my wife, you say it in front of me." The guy looks startled at my tone of voice and words, but seems to quickly snap out of it, throwing me a dirty glance.

"I can talk to my sister whenever I want to, alone. Come on Mia." He moves to grab her arm, but I step in front of her, blocking his path. His gaze turns feral.

Someone has anger issues.

"Leave. I'm sure you don't want to cause a scene, do you?" I cock my head at him, a patronising glare on my face as I take him in. He steps back once, clenches his fist, and glances at Mia.

I feel her move around me to my side again, and peek at the look on her face. Why does she look scared?

This fucker has a death wish.

He looks like he's about to say something, but I step towards him before he can get his words out.

He stills for a minute, glances between us, at my arm, where Mia's hand is wrapped around my bicep, and then he turns and stalks of towards the exit with one last retort.

"Watch it, you Fiori bastards have it coming."

All i want to do is run after him and shove a bullet in the back of his head, but Mia's hand still holding on to me is making me aware of how nervous she really is. Has she always been this tense around her brothers?

I turn back to her and take her head in my hand, my fingers weaving through the soft dark strands of her hair.

I look around her face, trying to discern what's wrong, but she seems to have closed off.

"Cherry." I try to get her attention, but she seems out of it.

"Mia." I try harder, my voice firmer, and she finally looks at me. I breathe out a sigh of relief, but suck it back in when I feel her shaking against me.

I grip onto her shoulder with my free hand and bring her closer to me.

"Are you okay?" She doesn't seem to hear my question, and her eyes glaze over, her body shuddering once before she falls limp in my arms.

"Fuck." I steady her body against me, and slide my arm under her legs, hoisting her up against me, her head lolling on my arm under her neck.

Her face has gone pale, and she feels so weightless in my arms, like she's not been eating iin days.

What the fuck.

"Mia, cazzo." [fuck]

I stride towards the reception desk, barking at the woman to call my private doctor before practically running to the elevator, pressing the button as I wait for the doors to open.

I want to know what the fuck that little bitch said to her.

Just then, Ren comes storming up beside me, two paper bags in his hands, steaming.

He's looking at Mia with concern on her face.

"What happened to her." His voice is strong but gentle as he moves forward to touch her face.

"Don't." I'm angry, and I can't stop the rage from taking over me. I'm going to kill that little motherfucker.

"What happened, Rocco?" He's looking at me now, and I sense a spark of annoyance in his dark eyes as he regards me and the girl in my arms.

"Her fucking brother showed up here and i found them talking. He said some shit to her and then she fainted. I don't know what the fuck is wrong, but I'm gonna kill him. Fucking rip him up and-"

"Bro, chill, she's just fainted." His voice is supposed to be calming, but it doesn't work on me, and as soon as the elevator doors open, I'm in, pressing the button for the penthouse.

"She'll be okay, dude. Don't worry. She's strong. Did you see how drunk she was the other day? If she could survive that, then-"

I send him a glare that shuts him up, and the doors open to my foyer.

I walk to the sofa's in the living room and gently place her down on the cushions, making sure those stupid shorts of hers are pulled down.

Goddamn shorts.

She starts to open her eyes, and I bend down beside her, cupping her cheek. Her eyes open once and look straight at me, the sea blue now faded to a dull colour, and something inside of me almost breaks.

"Rocky." Is the last thing she says before her eyes close again.

cliffhanger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 236 17
Mia is a 18 year old girl. She's in her senior year of highschool and her dad is a mafia boss! Although her father is a cruel heartless man he has th...
5.6K 183 61
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...
12.4M 372K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
244K 4.1K 113
"Everything comes with a sacrifice, deal, or benefit, however for some reason I can't figure out if I'm either of those." ...