lucid, the sandman (o.h)

By fireestar

Dreams to most are something out of their control, something that merely 'happens' while they sleep. But what... More

๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰๐’Š๐’„ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’†๐’“๐’š
๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ | ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ซ๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘ด๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ
01. The Construct of Reality

๐‘ณ๐‘ผ๐‘ช๐‘ฐ๐‘ซ

1.4K 74 69
By fireestar

"some people are like beautiful dreamcatchers,
absorbing the most terrible things for those they love and leaving them only the softestgentlest thoughts behind."
- Nakita Gill

SO MANY PEOPLE ONLY live on the surface level of reality, never seeking to go any deeper. They accept what they see, believing there is nothing else but what lies in front of their noses. It's a shame, really, that they don't see the beautiful possibilities that the human mind is capable of. Take a dream, for example. It is a common belief that there is no controlling a dream, that the mind is merely a bystander in the situation. Oh, how wrong that is.

Quinn Amaranth excels in the strange and mystic. Growing up Pagan, she learned that there was more than just earth. Other worlds existed within the minds of humanity, worlds that were constantly accessed without knowledge. Her favourite as a child came to her when she slept. She did not know its name, but it was where dreams came true.

At first, she too had the simple belief that dreams just happened and there was nothing to do. But then her mother taught her otherwise. Dream-walking or Lucid dreaming, whatever you may call it, made the impossible possible. To control one's dream is to live a fairytale.

Quinn was twelve when she mastered Lucid dreaming. And as she grew older, her power over her dreams grew to such a magnitude, no longer could it be ignored. Morpheus, the King of Dreams and Nightmares, ruler of The Dreaming had never sensed her presence before, in fact, he never had, until Cain and Abel told him.

A woman had stopped by their homes for tea and biscuits, a woman who was clearly from the Waking World.

How? She was not a vortex, that had all been sorted months prior. So, how was she accessing The Dreaming? Who was she and what did she want? Morpheus, for the sake of his realm, needed to find out...

Tatiana Maslany as
QUINN AMARANTH

Tom Sturridge as
MORPHEUS aka DREAM

supporting cast!

kirby howell-baptiste...death
mason alexander park...desire
patton oswalt...matthew
vivienne acheampong...lucienne
asim chaudhry...abel
sanjeev bhaskar...cain
fredinand kingsley...hob gadling

"admit it, you like me..."

"no."

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO MEGAN / -FIRESTAR: I do not own The Sandman, those rights belong to Neil Gaiman and Netflix, this is merely a fanfiction and an interpretation of said work. I do own my original characters, plot, and dialogue.
PLAGIARISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

DEDICATIONS: @gracefulheretic  @-rosepetal @-lxcifer @Raichia @alexandriamoonwitch @Jackieshalom @astrxids @Kolinda007 @darthvvderr

NOTE: After watching The Sandman within a day, I spiralled into my obsession and this fic was born! And how could I not? Tom Sturridge is so dreamy (ha ha). ANYWAY I have always been so fascinated with the idea of lucid dreaming and reality shifting (tried and failed) that the idea almost seemed too perfect. But a lucid dreamer fucking up shit in the Dreaming is just so funny to me. SO enjoy the chaos that is Quinn and Morpheus!!
(opening gif by @astrxids )

sign off gif by @Raichia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 13K 36
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
350K 22.5K 86
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
307K 12.7K 60
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
1.6M 52.1K 67
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...