Different kind of comfort

Von LololovaX

Kate Beckett is a principal for an elementary school and when she first meets Alexis Castle she's a bit sorry... Mehr

Chapter 1 - Meeting
Chapter 2 - Mature Talk
Chapter 3 - Movies and Talks
Chapter 4 - Morning
Chapter 5 - Lunch Coffee
Chapter 6 - Confusing Thoughts
Chapter 7 - Nothing
Chapter 8 - Saturday Morning
Chapter 9 - Laser Tag
Chapter 10 - You and me
Chapter 11 - A Month Later
Chapter 12 - The Castle Loft
Chapter 13 - Preparations
Chapter 14 - Mystery Tree
Chapter 15 - Fiery Red
Chapter 16 - Bad news
Chapter 17 - Interrogation
Chapter 18 - Investigation
Chapter 20 - The Call
Chapter 21 - The girls are alright
Chapter 22 - Questioning
Chapter 23 - Not leaving
Chapter 24 - Getting caught
Chapter 25 - Overprotecting
Chapter 26 - Busted
Chapter 27 - Bed talk
Chapter 28 - Sleeptalk
Chapter 29 - New people
Chapter 30 - Takedown
Chapter 31 - Hell breaking loose
Chapter 32 - Coney Island
Chapter 33 - Surprise date
Chapter 34 - Sky filled with stars
Chapter 35 - A leap in time (final chapter)
Bonus Chapter - First time

Chapter 19 - Old case

1K 39 1
Von LololovaX

Rick Castle's POV

A dark skinned man came about twenty minutes after Kate had made the call and he had introduced himself as Roy Montgomery. They told me they had been working together when Kate hadn't been able to put her mom's death behind her those first days after she had gotten killed. Roy had been the first person Kate had turned to when she found out her dad had supposedly 'hanged' himself and she suspected that had been a murdered too. Before he had come I had started to become a bit jealous because Kate seemed quite fond of the man but once he came I could clearly see he was more of a father figure than a possible boyfriend, plus I had heard her talk about him having a wife so why had I been so worried?

"So now, tell me what's happened" Roy asked and I felt my heart sink.

I had been distracted the whole time they had been talking and it hadn't occurred to me during that time why he was actually there. I looked down at my hands and I felt my mood fall faster than a burning plane from the air.

"Castle's daughter is missing, a guy from the senator's secret guards kidnapped her after killing Mike Royce. I think Bracken's coming after the people I love, and that's why he's taken Alexis. You see, me and Castle are in a relationship and I got a phone call earlier today from someone who said I should consider this a warning, that's why I didn't want anyone to know that I contacted you" Kate said and I looked at her with wide eyes.

"You got a phone call?" I asked and I could see her biting her cheek.

"Yes, I did, I'm sorry Rick, everything is my fault. I shouldn't have put you through this" she said in a voice which indicated she was truly sorry for everything that had happened and I started to feel frustrated.

"None of this is your fault Kate, stop blaming yourself. Did they do this because you started letting someone in?" I asked and I saw the sadness in her face.

Kate Beckett's POV

"Yes, all of this is because I let you get into my life. Because I wasn't clever enough to stop you from kissing me that day by the car. Because I was stupid enough to let you buy me lunch, I can't believe I put you through this. Put Alexis through this" I complained as I raised from the table we had been seated at.

I walked away from the table and walked into my bedroom. I didn't want them to see me anymore. I just wanted to get away from their eyes as I could feel the tears build up in my eyes when I remembered Alexis was still out there. When I got into my bedroom I closed my door and made a quick decision.

"Kate?" Castle asked as I jumped out of the window.

I managed to close it before I saw him open the door and I hid.

"Kate?!" he called out and I started climbing down the ladder towards the ground.

When I was down I took out my phone I had in my pocket and I searched the information I needed.

"Now I got you" I whispered to myself as I walked away from my building.

Rick Castle's POV

"Kate?!" I called out when I couldn't find her in her bedroom, or in the bathroom.

"What's going on?" Roy came in asking.

"I can't find her" I said, starting to panic.

He gave me a confusing look before he turned around and helped me search around the apartment, trying to find her.

"Maybe she just needed some time to herself. You could see that in her eyes" Roy said but I didn't calm down.

"What if something happened to her, what if they managed to get in here and take her?" I panicked.

Roy took a grip on my shoulders to keep me still.

"Castle, calm down" he started and tried to look me in my eyes. "She probably just needed some time, I know her, she's a hell of a fighter. And she doesn't like people seeing her being vulnerable" I cut him off.

"I've seen her vulnerable, she doesn't hide from me, that can't be it, something must've happened" I argued.

"Okay, but we need to keep ourselves from panicking, we can't help anyone if we're panicking" he said and his words got through to me.

I took a few deep breaths and felt the rational part come back to me. Roy seemed to see the calm take over me because he let go of my shoulders and went towards the table with all the papers Kate had hid from everyone.

"So what are we supposed to do?" I asked and he glanced at me.

"Well, for starter we should try to find evidence that can take down Bracken, and let's hope we find the evidence before Kate does something stupid" the last thing he only murmured but I heard him loud and clear.

"What do you mean?" I asked suddenly frightened.

"Well, like I said she's a hell of a fighter and I know she's done things before that has gotten her into big trouble, how do you think she got in contact with me?" he asked and I widened my eyes.

"I thought it was because of her mother's case?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, she was a wild one before that. Got in trouble when she tried to solve the murders of people near her, like a little Nancy Drew of our own. And when her mother died she got devastated" something in Roy's eyes saddened. "She couldn't solve her mother's murder, she didn't do anything in fact. She quitted law school and her friends joined her when they saw she was about to kill herself" my heart ached, hearing those words.

She had been thinking about killing herself? Kate Beckett? What if she had gone through with it? Then I would've never met her.

"Then her dad 'hung' himself and that's when she came to me. Begged me to help her solve this, said she'd do anything to find out who killed her parents. When she one day stopped calling me I was scared to death she had killed herself, but when I checked up on her she was still alive so I let her be. Figured out she was done with playing cop, that it reminded her too much of her own mother's death" Roy stopped and I looked at him.

"How do you think she found out about Bracken? You're saying you had no idea she found out who killed her mom?" I asked surprised.

"No, I didn't know, I didn't know it was Bracken until she told me today" he answered and I gave him a puzzled look.

"And you just believed her right away?" I questioned.

He chuckled as he gave me a look.

"Didn't you?" he said and I saw what he meant.

I waved my hand, and he could see I had gotten his message. He trusted Kate, so did I. And now it was our turn to find out how the hell the senator could've been able to pull all of this off without leaving evidence. It was time for us to find justice for her parents and find my daughter before Kate decided to do something like Roy had feared.

Kate Beckett's POV

I could see him, and I knew exactly what I was going to do. I walked past the guards telling them I was a journalist, showing them a fake pass I had gotten from one of the contacts I had had before when I was trying to become a detective. I faked a smile towards everyone I met and set my steps towards the podium where my target was.

"And that's how we can help this city get better" he spoke and the crowd cheered. "Thank you, thank you" he said and he walked off the scene.

I walked towards the back of the podium and when the guards tried to stop me I showed them my pass and said I wanted to ask a few questions to the senator, said it would only take a few minutes and that I needed this interview or my boss would fire me if he found out I hadn't made the appointment. I laughed it off with a nervous voice and the guard immediately fell for my charm. He let me pass and I gave him a "thanks you're a life saver" before I went towards where he told me the senator would be. As soon as the people was gone I dropped my smile. It wasn't until the next person came around that my 'nervous' smile was back and I showed the VIP pass I had gotten from the guard before. The new guard smiled before he opened a door to a room which I walked through. The door closed behind me and that was when I stood looking towards the one who had had my parent's killed.

"You have to be quick, I need to get going to my next appointment soon" he said before he turned around and looked at me.

I could immediately see the recognition in his eyes even though he tried to hide it.

"I won't take long, just have a few questions" I played and he nodded, thinking maybe I wasn't who he had been thinking I was.

Oh he was so wrong.

"Sure, you can ask me anything" he said with a fake smile on his lips.

"Okay, so then I'll start with something easy" I said looking down at my phone, pretending to read through the questions he thought I had.

I glanced at him and found him relax.

"Where's Alexis?" I asked and I didn't look up at him but continued staring down at my phone.

He didn't answer and I waited a few minutes before I looked up.

"Where's Alexis and Sarah?" I repeated with a harsh tone.

He clenched his teeth, understanding I was who he had thought before I had played him.

"What are you talking about?" he asked trying to make me believe he had no idea what I was saying.

"Oh, of course you don't know anything about this do you? I don't care about anything at the moment but getting my girls back" I said and he narrowed his eyes.

"You have recordings on you?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Like I said, I don't care about anything else, I just want them back" I said and he looked at me suspiciously.

I wiggled with my cellphone before I threw it towards him and he caught it before it could reach the floor. He eyed me before he started going through my phone, searching for something that could possibly record this conversation.

"How do I know there's nothing on you?" he asked and I gave him an angry look.

"I'm not going to strip in front of you, if that's what you're asking" I snapped.

"Like I said, I know nothing about what you're talking about" he said and I was about to snap again when he continued, "but... I will have my people look into your missing students."

I saw him wink before he threw back my phone.

"Good, because I won't keep back much longer" I threatened before I turned around and walked towards the door.

"Is that a threat?" he called after me.

"Only if I don't get my girls back" I said over my shoulder before I opened the door and walked out of there.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

48K 2K 34
Rick was Kate's best friend! They'd been tight buddies since Kate's first week here at Brooke High. But as the days go by she realizes that they were...
12.8K 271 9
Rick and Kate have been married for two years now, but a sudden tragedy leaves them broken and hurtful. things get rough for a while as they struggle...
14.1K 267 24
The ups and downs of love and bullets, Castle and Beckett. This story takes place as kind of a season nine for the team and is written as if it were...
39.4K 1.3K 31
Kate Beckett is a homeless woman in her twenties and one day a man stumbles across her. Richard Castle can't stop trying to convince Kate to stay wit...