THE RECKONING '.'.'. bradley...

Da Sammeyerho

"You are just like him. Living for only yourselves in that damn hanger, no friends to even care if you are de... Altro

Epigraph
1
2
3
4
6
7

5

520 18 2
Da Sammeyerho

Bradley p.o.v -------------------------

Sunset. The one time the world feels at peace, but not tonight. I park my car on the side of the road, next to the beach, and watch it. The sky mixes colors showing pinks and blues before slowly morphing to black. I hate sunset. I hate it because of her. I hated how every time I look at them I could see here silhouetted in front of it, it makes me sick.

I've learned how to block Invert Mitchell out of my life and continued to forget. That was until I saw her at that bar. She looked dimmed, like the light inside her was slowly flickering out, I could guess why. She looked at me with those eyes, the same ones as her father's. Green. A light morning green and the emotion behind them was hatred.

I haven't seen her flinch this entire time, not one waver from that hatred, until today. I felt like the scene went in slow motion. Hangman's words to her rang through me. For once I saw a look of pure betrayal in her eyes, a look I knew all too well.

Ana and I knew each other since birth, always attached at the hip. When I lost my dad and my mom she was the first person I ran to, she was my shelter. Until she wasn't. Ana set me back four years when she and her dad pulled my papers, and she wasn't sorry. She was grinning the night before I found out, and now she is just so "heartbroken." Heartbroken my ass.

============================================

eight years ago - the night before

"I'm so done with you, Bradley Bradshaw." Ana looks at me laughing, her eyes carrying joy with them.

"Done with me?" I say acting offended, while she continues to laugh. The sun had started setting silhouetting her in front of it, god she was beautiful. We were sitting on the beach, laying on a picnic blanket just enjoying each other's presence. I say up reaching into my back pocket to pull out her gift.

"Well Ana, Tomorrow is obviously your birthday, so technically I'm early but I thought it would be better if I gave this to you now, so your dad would not be staring daggers into you when you open it." She reaches for the gift as she laughs.

"Bradley," her eyes look back to me once she opens it, I can see her lips turn up as she opens her hand to reveal a small necklace that has a fighter pilot, and engraved on its back it says,

"So a part of me is always with you - b"

She looks up at me with joy in her eyes as she hugs me, almost knocking me over. "It's perfect Bradley, can you help me put it on?" I nod yes as she turns her back towards me handing me the necklace. I put it on her, and attach the clasp to the back before she turns back around.

She just smiles at me, and I feel myself just smile back. I grab her hand and hold it before putting my forehead to hers. "I love you, Analee Mitchell." before I lean in and kiss her, the kiss full of passion, and intimacy. I look into her perfect eyes before planting a kiss on her forehead and wrapping my hand into her hair. 

"God I love you so much," I say to her.

"Promise me one thing, Bradshaw?" She says as she smiles at me.

"Anything."

"Promise me that you'll hold me forever, that the wind won't change on us. As long as we stay here with each other, then it will always be like this." She says, and I lean down and kiss her once more.

"I'm gonna hold you forever, the wind will never change on us, as long as we stay here together. Then it will always be like this." I just hold her there until the stars come out. I pretend that the stars shine just for her and that her heart beats just for me. For I know that mine only beats because of her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present

I feel my fist-ball at the memories, the feelings from that night, god I hate myself for that. I take off my shoes and walk along the beach the sun is fully set now revealing the stars that cover the sky. I look the other way to the town, the lights in houses showing contrast to the stars with different colors and shapes. I look down the beach noticing something off. There is one person still on the beach. looking out to the ocean with a large bottle next to her.

I walk over closer to see if I can tell if she is ok, and of course out of anyone it has to be the one and only Invert. Her eyes are bloodshot, probably because of the half-empty tequila bottle sitting next to her. goddamit.

I walk over to her, and as she sees me I see her roll her eyes and start to get up, taking her bottle with her. She stumbles clearly drunk trying to walk away.

"Good luck with that, Penny's house is over three miles away, you will not make it off this beach at your rate."

I see her turn around to glare at me before slurring, "I came here to get away from you, why do you always have to keep coming back." I just stare at her debating if I should just walk away. The decision is made for me though as her legs give out and she falls to the ground. I run over to her tapping the side of her face a couple of times to get her to wake up, which she eventually does.

She looks at me before looking up to the start, "Are you proud of yourself, you made me drink." I roll my eyes at her before picking her up and carrying her to my car. The car ride is silent Ana just looks out the window, going in and out of sleep. Once we get to Penny's I carry her in and take her up to her room, it's past twelve so nobody is up. I lay her on her bed, on her side before looking at her for a second. She had already fallen asleep as I carried her up here, the alcohol finally taking its toll. Her room Is covered in pictures, small polaroids, mainly of her and her dad, and some of Phoenix and Hangman during Top Gun. I'm about to leave before I see a picture on her nightstand, it's of Ana and me standing side by side smiling at each other while high-fiving. It was taken after a successful mission while we were doing our stupid celebration. Sometimes I miss those days. I look back to Ana who is asleep on the bed and throw a blanket over her.

"Eight years Bradley."

Maverick p.o.v

I stand in the doorway looking at Bradley who was standing at her bedside. I cross my arms in front of me before starting again. "Eight years she waited for you to come back." His face is written with hatred staring me down. "I saw her after you left, she used to sit by her phone on her bed, and every time she got a notification she would smile and pick up her phone hoping it was you, but it never was. It got to the point that every time she got a notification she would just cry because she knew it wasn't ever going to be you. " Bradley just stared at me before talking.

"She made her choice, she lives with the consequences." I feel anger bubble up my throat, but I push it down again.

"She can't even say your name anymore, have you noticed that? She only calls you Rooster-"

"It's pathetic." Bradley bites back, as he tries to walk out of the room. I block him with my arm keeping him from leaving,

"No. My daughter is not pathetic because she did something that is worth more than you could ever do, she forgave you. I saw her broken because of you and she picked herself up and forgave you, Bradley. When you can't even forgive the girl that was always there for you."

I let Bradley walk past me before he turns around to face me again. "She might have forgiven me, but she still hates me, and I hate her, she was never my friend. Never will be." Bradley doesn't look at me as he walks down the steps and reaches the front door.

"She never took off the necklace Bradley, you might not want to admit it but you and I both know she meant something to you, and you meant everything to her."

Bradley walks out the door not turning around to look back at me. I walk upstairs to Ana and put a thing of Advil next to her bed and leave a note.

"For the hangover - dad"

===================================

A-N

sooooooo that was fun, first Bradley pov I hope you liked it :)

Also, school just started so wish me luck

- Sammi

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

15.1K 661 32
This is a mini sequel to my sequel. It contains the chapters I cut from "Ride in this Life with You" that take place in between the final chapter and...
34.4K 498 19
Just a few of my one shots from Tumblr that I want to share with you all!
21.3K 251 24
Angie Bernadette Mitchell, callsign 'Summer' has been Rooster's bestfriend since they were still babies. They both grow up together like brother and...
178K 3.6K 17
"My brother is going to be mad at us for this." "Do I look like I fucking care, sweetheart?" Cover made by the wonderful @magnottic Hangman x OC ...