Tired of being alone.

By Red-Freckled

After Dr. Strange cast the spell that made everyone forget who Peter Parker was, he was left alone. Until he... More

1:Is this a mistake?
3:Tis but a scratch.
Explaining the AU.
4:Mr magic man.
5: The kindness of a not so stranger
6: Explanations
7: Application And A New(ish) Face?
8:New number?
Christmas Special!
9:The Avengers do..some rather normal things?
10:The Truth Or Something Like That.
11: Internship.
12: Lunch Break And More Questions.

2:Opinions

1K 34 18
By Red-Freckled

Hi! Did you guys like the last chapter? I know it looks a bit rushed and it's not my best work but I tried my hardest. Anyways enjoy this chapter.]

[Peter's POV]

Being woken up by a man screaming that you are a menace and not a hero is not the best way to start a day. But that's how Peter's started.

"SPIDER-MAN IS A MENACE AND HE NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE. JUST LOOK WHAT HE DID TO THE STATUE OF LIBERTY!" The loud voice of J. Jonah cried out. He really wish he'd realized he was so close to an electronic billboard when he first got the place. Or at least that it advertised the Daily Bugle. It was especially worse on the days he woke up with a sensory overload. So he had bought himself some really good noise canceling headphones. Which were currently on his nightstand charging. He usually used them if it got too much for him. Not wanting to miss any important news.

Turning over to his side as he tries to ignore the words of the reporter. He glanced over at his phone and scrolled through his messages. A small smile reaching his lips when he had a message. It had been a month since the spell had been cast. A month since he had really interacted with anyone. And now he had reached out. Of course nothing had changed. He was just as alone as before but it felt different.

[Mr Stark]
Morning

[Kiddo]
Hey you texted first! :0

[Mr Stark]
How's your stab wound?

[Kiddo]
It's fine now.

[Mr Stark]
So how'd a kid like you get stabbed?

Peter sighed. What should he say? Mr. Stark had always been at figuring if his injuries were from Flash or patrol. But Mr. Stark didn't know him anymore. But he couldn't just say 'Oh yeah I'm Spider-man. The hero that's been avoiding you the last month?' Peter ran a hand through his curly brown hair with a soft hum before typing.

[Kiddo]
I may...
Or may not have
Tried to
Help a lady stop her purse from being snatched.

Peter narrowed his eyes at his words. Wow. That was a stupid thing to type. Oh well.

[Mr Stark]
Oh, well that's admirable of you but still.
You should leave that sort of thing to the cops.

[Kiddo]
What about Spider-Man?

[Mr Stark]
What about him?

[Kiddo]
Well
What do you think of him?
I personally kinda of like him.

Peter felt a bit narcissistic now but he could use a mood booster. So he might as well ask. Besides, he hadn't seen any of the Avengers in a month. He had no idea what they could be thinking of him now.

[Mr Stark]
Spider-Man?
Yeah he's pretty cool.
Gotta admire the dude.
As of now his popularity has shot downwards but he still makes time to be out and help people.

[Kiddo]
Yeah.
Tony Stark is my favorite super hero though.

[Mr Stark]
And Spider-Man is my favorite :)

He was Tony Stark's favorite hero? He hadn't known that. His chest swelled with joy as he smiled at his phone. He then realized he was late for work.

[Kiddo]
AH GTG IM LATE FOR WORK.

[Mr Stark]
Your a kid-
Also what the heck does 'gtg' stand for??
And you should be in school right now!

[kiddo]
Wow you sound old.
Also uhm, I meant to type school.

[Mr Stark ]
I don't believe you for some reason.

Peter groaned. "Idiot. You got to be more careful. Mr. Stark is very smart." He muttered.

[Kiddo]
How dare you.

[Mr Stark]
I've got my eye on you.

[Kiddo]
STALKER!!

[Mr Stark]
I haven't even hacked into your phone yet!!

Peter chuckled. He had recently added his own firewalls to his phone so that no villains could trace it. Not that he really had anyone associated with himself anymore.

[Kiddo]
You could try.
I could care less.

[Mr Stark]
Jeez kid. Didn't your parents ever teach you internet safety?

[Kiddo]
They didn't. They died before they could.

[Mr Stark]
Oh
I'm so sorry kid.

[Kiddo]
Bo need. It's fine.
Oo*
Mo*
No****

[Mr Stark]
You sure?

[Kiddo]
Yeah, I'm actually going to go to bed so night.

[Mr Stark]
What about your 'job'

[Kiddo]
OH MY FLUFF YOU'RE RIGHT BYE.

[Mr Stark]
Bye kiddo.

Peter parker shoved his phone in his pocket, dashing out the door and running to the sandwich shop he worked at. Getting chewed out for being late before he started his shift.

[Tony Stark's POV]
The famous billionaire started down at his phone with a chuckle, causing the other Avengers in the meeting to stare at him before capsicle- I mean, captain America clearered his throat. "Tony? Are you still with us?" the war hero asked. Tony rolled his eyes and pocketed the phone. "Yeah yeah what's up?" This time Natasha spoke up. "We were just asking you if you've seen Spider-Man recently? You were the closest to him?" She stated, narrowing her eyes. Tony Stark frowned. It had been a good amount of time since he last saw that vigilante. 

A whole month if he remembered correctly. (Which he did.)  "No. I haven't seen the guy in a month." Tony stated, causing the other's to frown. "I've tried to talk to him when he patrols but he always disappears before I get close." It was frustrating. Being avoided like this. Tony had originally tried to see if the local hero was alright after whatever happened on the statue of Liberty. But had gotten no answers in response. The same day FRIDAY had alerted him to a rather large amount of photos from his 'Spider-baby' folder being gone. Tony had never recovered them and never figured out how they were taken. Tony felt like chunks of his memory were gone. It was really frustrating. "Anyways, why are you asking?" He stated, getting a bit curious.

Natasha sighed . "Fury has been asking us to find out who he is."  Tony frowned a bit. Why didn't they already know who Spider-Man was? They should.. They saved the universe together. "Well, why does he need to know? Actually better question. Why doesn't he already know?" Natasha shook her head. "Fury tried a DNA match, but got nothing. Every clue we've ever had is useless. It seems the file on him was erased a month ago." Tony's eyebrows rose up a bit. Seems a lot happened a whole month ago.

"Some of my files in my Spider-Man folder went missing a month ago as well... But that doesn't explain why eyepatch wants to know who Spider-Man is." Clint spoke up this time. "Some bull hockey about Spider-Man being the one who deleted everything and him being a threat. I'm not buying it, I just think Nick Fury is scared that he knows nothing about this gu-" The Archer was cut off by a smack to the back of his head by Natasha Romanoff."Hey! Uncalled for! " He protested. Natasha simply rolled her eyes. "So, basically Eyepatch failed to get information and now it's up to us?" Tony summarized. 

Thor finally spoke up after being quiet for a scary amount of time. "It seems so Man of Iron!!" He exclaimed with a pat to Tony's shoulder that almost knocked him off the couch he sat on.
"I'll sit this mission out." Bruce spoke up. "We don't need the green guy for this mission."

[okay I forgot to mention that there is no 'Smart Hulk' in this one because I tried to write it like that but it really didn't turn out in a way I liked. Sorry!]

"That's alright Bruce. We can handle this just fine." Steve said kindly to the Gamma scientist. "Alright, I propose I track him down maybe ask a few questions? This time no sneaking. I'll just confront him." Iron Man said. "Is that a good idea? To go by yourself I mean." Natasha asked. "Well, he's an Avenger isn't he? He won't hurt me." The billionaire said firmly. 

Natasha chose her next words carefully. "While I'm sure your correct, I meant if other dangers were to arise? You'd want backup?" She offered. Stark sighed, knowing full well she as right. "Fine. Capsicle can tag along I suppose." He relented. "What about the wizard guy? Doctor Strange?" Barton stated. "What about him Meredith?" Tony said in return. "Well a bunch of stuff went missing a month ago right? Files an shit-" "Language!" Captain scolded which earned him an eye roll. "Anyways, so didn't the dude perform some magic spell at the huge fight?" "For once Clint, you might be on to something. Me and you can go talk to him." Natasha said.

Tony clapped his hands. "Alright. Let's go catch a Spider."

[1,481 words! Still a bit shorter than I would like but I'm working on making chapters longer! I hope you guys like and please let me know if I misspell or get something wrong. Have a good day stardrops!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 296 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 πŽπ… πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’ *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
100K 2.8K 55
Peter had a rough childhood loosing all his family, now Peter is in an orphanage that isn't so great... Ned and Mj are all Peter has and is giving up...
390K 9.2K 25
COMPLETED STORY Peter Parker is no ordinary science geek. He is Spiderman. To cover for his time patrolling he tells everyone that he has a STARK Int...
8.2K 277 33
"There's something I have to tell you.....I haven't been completely honest with you either." Y/N, Peter, Ned, and MJ have been best friends since the...