Sengoku Night Blood (Disconti...

By KanadeDivinia263

Set in the flourishing world of Shinga that was formerly a prosperous and peaceful realm, a girl named Runa b... More

Characters:
S1~01: Shinga Supremacy
S1~02: Toyotomi Attack
S1~03: Takeda Banquet
S1~04: Sanada Famigilia
S1~05: Wild Feeling
S1~06: Uesugi Discord
S1~07: Date Double Face
S1~08: Oda Plunder
S1~09: Yakuma Corridor
S1~10: Discord Terminus
S1~11: Terminal March
S1~12: Sengoku Night Blood
S2~01: Mouri Monitor
S2~02: Toyotomi Reflection
S2~03: Marriage Mayhem
S2~04: Blazing Passion
S2~05: Takeda Tranquility
S2~06: Trombe Trouble
S2~07: Sanada Beauty
S2~08: Kidnapped Princess
S2~09: Ominous Developments
S2~10: Monochromatic Night
S2~11: Discord Melody
S2~12: Uesugi Harmony
S2~13: Fallen Tears
S2~14: Date Stoneheart
S2~15: Everlasting Paradox
S2~17: Wishful Dreams
S2~18: Oda Creation
S2~19: Destiny Ark
S2~20: Striking Spear
S2~21: Star Becomes Music
S3~01: Awakening Heartbeat
S3~02: Noise Night
S3~03: Disorted Mirror
S3~04: Imprisonment Scythe
S3~05: Infinite Bow
S3~06: The Lost, Lost Little
S3~07: Annihilation Sawblades
S3~08: Divine Blade
S3~09: Silver Dragon

S2~16: Destiny Guilty

113 3 0
By KanadeDivinia263

It was a chilly day in the Oda territory. The castle town was bustling with people walking around, shoveling the deep snow out of the way to make a path or make room for the entrance of their houses and stores. And a certain raven-haired beauty was not having the best day in the snow.

"Achoo!" Runa covered another sneeze as her teeth were shattering because of the frigid air. She wrapped a plain white scarf over her pink and green one, that covered half her face.

Both Mavis and Nova sweatdropped. This was the first they ever saw Runa's cold state in Shinga. Her teeth shattered and her hands continued to shiver despite the layers she wore.

"A-And I-I-I t-th-thought D-Date's l-l-lands w-were c-c-cold..." Runa managed to say through her shattering teeth. She hugged the Faeries tighter in her arms, hoping their body heat could warm her up.

Ever since they made it to the castle town, Runa didn't waste any time going to the shrine that supposedly said to grant wishes. She could remember some of the directions the people were kind enough to tell her, and whenever she was stuck, Mavis fills in the missing gaps.

"It has been snowing the last few days." Mavis mentioned, remembering the freezing nights they had to spend during their journey to Oda territory.

"And I find it strange." Nova spoke. "It was suppose to get warmer by now. Winter season is almost over."

"I-I d-d-don't w-want t-t-to g-g-go t-to t-t-the c-c-castle..." Runa deadpanned, burying the half of her face into her scarves.

"We just need to get the Sacred Treasure of Solus from Nobunaga and we'll go to the prime yakuma's location." Mavis listed, making it sound easier than doing it for real.

"Um, what does the riddle say again?" Nova asked. She was still a hairpin when Rosina told them the clue to find the last artifact. And she felt kind of bad of leaving the Faery with the Date Army since she's really skittish.

"'North and South and West and East, the last of the Treasures travels least. In that proper frame of mind, the 7th Treasure you'll surely find. Once you have gotten all 7 relics, unlock the hidden mysteries of the one that was inherited'." Mavis quoted.

"That makes sense..." Nova got the answer already. And since Nobunaga always kept the most important things in his room, it would be obvious the Sacred Treasure would travel the least. "But how are we suppose to take it without him knowing?"

"W-Well-"

"KYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

The sudden deafening scream from the shrine's forest made the girls jump. Runa nearly dropped the Faeries as the creatures felt something crawling in their spine. The screech was so loud that it made their ears ring.

"W-What was that?!" Nova exclaimed, knowing she was shouting because she could hardly hear herself.

"It sounded like it came from the shrine." Mavis may not be able to hear herself clearly but she had to stay calm. "Let's go, Runa."

"O-Okay...!" Runa nodded and ran towards the shrine the best she could.

As they got close, the three prepared for the worst. They saw one of the shrine's attendants was being chased by a muscular yakuma. But not just one, a shuffling of yakuma appeared from the forest like an endless river.

"Yakuma?!" Nova was shocked.

Runa and Mavis were too. This was the first time the yakuma had showed up in a territory so quickly. They were about to interfere, but restrained themselves when they saw Katsuie drew his swords and rushed ove to the attendant, and cut down the yakuma that was chasing after her.

The attendant tripped over a rock and stumbled to the ground. She was still shaken up but she was relieved that the Oda Army's top generals were at the shrine.

Katsuie cut down another and turned to the attendant. "Head to safety, we'll take care of this." He told her.

"Y-Yes!" The attendant nodded and rushed back to the main temple.

Runa stuffed the Faeries into her bag before rushing over to a familiar silver-purple-haired vampire. "Ranmaru!" She called out.

The said vampire turned to the voice after cutting down an assaulting yakuma with great force. His eyes widened when he saw the familiar raven-haired beauty running over to him. "Runa-san?!" He was shocked to find her in town. Wait, what was she doing in the Oda territory to begin with?! "What are you doing here?!"

"T-T-To p-pray...?" Runa lied. Well, more like tried. And she knew the vampire didn't believe her.

Katsuie clicked his tongue and turned to Ranmaru, only to feel his eyes nearly jumped out of his sockets when he saw the vampire protecting a familiar child. "Runa?! What are you doing here?!"

"T-To p-p-pray..." Runa deadpanned.

"Che! Praying is out of the question!" Katsuie took down a couple more. "Ranmaru! I'm leaving her to you!" With that, he jumped into the horde.

"Understood!" Ranmaru turned to the girl. "Please hide behind me!"

"O-Okay..." Runa nodded.

"Hraaagh!" Katsuie cut down any assaulting yakuma with great force. He isn't letting any escaping from the shrine's grounds.

But more yakuma appeared one after another from the forest. However, amongst the regular weak yakuma, a couple of the powered-up muscular yakuma appeared. Their voices lusting for Astral Powers bellowed in Runa's mind, making the child grab her head in pain. She wanted to block them out, but all it did was cause her more pain.

"Shit!" Katsuie continued to cut down the yaluma, using whatever skill he had to keep the damage to a minimum. However, he was struggling to keep up. There are more yakuma than he can cut down. "Just how many are there?!" He narrowly blocked a claw that came for him. But it that made him notice a yakuma slipped passed him, and was heading straight for the duo. "Kgh! My bad! One's going!" Katsuie shouted.

"Don't worry!" Ranmaru drew his sword and moved Runa to the nearest tree. "Please don't move from here." He instructed before running off to deal with an escaped yakuma. He dodged the yakuma's attack, and as it leaped forward, Ranmaru struck it with a stroke of his sword.

The yakuma slided back a few feet and let out a screeching roar and rushed at Ranmaru again.

"This'll be the end!" Ranmaru declared, raising his sword over his head. "Hyah!" He cut down the yakuma in front of him, not realising it caused some sort of mental pain in the raven-haired beauty's mind.

Then a loud scream resounded the place. "Y-Yakuma?!"

Runa painfully opened her eyes under her blindfold, she turned to the screaming and saw what looked to be the shrine's priest and visitors saw the yakuma, and were trembling from the main temple. 'I hate this already.' "Don't come out!" Runa shouted, raising her voice the best she could over the yakuma's wailing. "Stay in the building - *Cough!*Cough!*" Runa covered her mouth and felt a warm liquid in her palm. When she took a look, her eyes widened at the sight of blood.

*BA-DUMP!!*

Runa looked back, and whether they heard her voice or not, the shrine's people and visitors returned back into the main temple in a panic. 'This is going nowhere... The people will get killed if the yakuma went over to the temple...'

*Drip*Drip*

Runa's blood trailed from her mouth, down to her chin, and dripped to the snow, dying the pure white in red as the blood sank into the soil. The mana of the place began to grow as plants began to sprout out from the snow. But what got the raven-haired beauty in a panic was because her blood was sending the yakuma insane. Especially, the muscular yakuma.

When the muscular yakuma took a whiff of the blood, their eyes immediately snapped to the child. They saw she was alone and they all didn't hesitate to lunge right in her direction.

When the vampires saw the muscular yakuma, they got nervous. They could still remember how difficult it was to take down one. And if it wasn't for Runa's odd skills, they wouldn't make it out alive.

"Ranmaru! There are people over there!" Runa pointed to the main temple.

However, Ranmaru held a conflict look when he took a look over the horde of yakuma. "It appears so..."

"'It appears so...'" Runa mimicked Ranmaru's expression and tone. "That's it...?!" She snapped.

"..." Ranmaru's conflicted expression didn't falter as he continued to strike down the yakuma as swiftly as he could.

Runa could see the young vassal was in a bind so she turned to the hot-headed one. "Ka... Katsuie!" She looked at Katsuie-san with desperation.

However, Katsuie was in a bind as well. "Kgh-! It's taking all I've got to protect you here! Give up!" As he shouted back, he was taking on several yakuma at the same time alone so that they wouldn't come to them.

Now, it's Runa, who's in a bind. "That's..." At this rate, she would be the only one protected and the others would be left to die without help.

"Whoa-!" Katsuie was about to attack when three yakuma grabbed him and flung him across the yard, sending him crashing into Ranmaru.

Runa flinched when they slided towards her.

"Hmm... Ranmaru and Katsuie are in a pinch, right?" Alice observed, watching through the girl's eyes. Two half-breeded vampires against a horde of yakuma, that is combined with at least over 20 powered-up versions of themselves - It would be obvious who would lose. Unless...

Katsuie groaned and got off of the younger vampire. "If only we have our original powers as vampires..."

"..." Ranmaru struggled to get back on his feet.

"I don't believe that they wished to have those powers." Runa spoke.

"Huh?" The both of them turned to the girl, only to find her staring at the yakuma in sympathy. But it was hard to tell since her bangs were covering her upper face as her scarves covered her lower half. Furthermore, what she said confused them. Was she talking about the yakuma, or something else?

"They had no choice but to accept their powers." Runa continued. She took off her bag before her hands reached over to the knot under her chin. "It's that kind of horror."

Katsuie and Ranmaru gasped when the child took off her blindfold. It was the first time they saw her doing it willingly. But they were kind of disappointed that she didn't open her eyes. But at least they get to see her face without it. And she looked more like a Goddess now that she didn't have the blindfold on. However, what was odd was her aura. It felt different than the one had before as if... the child before them was a different person.

'Runa' took a deep breath and turned to the duo before her. "I'll be going!"

The two were confused before a forcefield of purple light surrounded them, trapping them inside as they watch the girl walking towards the incoming horde.

"O-Oi, Runa!" Katsuie called out. He banged on the forcefield but it was hard as glass.

"Is she trying what she did to the supreme yakuma?" Ranmaru wondered in a shaky voice. If it's true, then that burst of energy could cause serious damage to the town.

However, the two had no idea 'Runa' had other plans.

The child got a good distance and kept her eyes closed, letting the Holy Chant flow out of her mouth.

(Play video.)

Various Shul Shagana tron~

(Play video.)

When the light died down, Runa was wearing a pink-themed body suit with white colour schemes. Her long black hair was pulled into two buns that were hidden inside her big rabbit-like ears, that had wings sticking out of the ends. The back section of her head Gear was white with wing-like designs. Some of her hair was left out to frame her pale face, as she pushed the two speaker-like sparks down. She wore a white skirt over her bodysuit with bow-like rockets on her back. She wore long pink gloves with fingerless shaping under her white arsenal. Runa wore white thigh high socks with white boots, each containing a buzzsaw-like wheel, which she can use as rollerblades. To finish her appearance off, Runa opened her eyelids to reveal a pair of beautiful golden yellow eyes, that were practically glowing in the light, and if you look closely, you could see a star with the zodiac circle around it. Lastly, a small red pendant was placed at the centre of her collarbone with long, butterfly-like wings sticking out.

(Appearance.)

Kirakira no yaiba de (With a shining blade)

'Runa' leaped into the air and aimed 'her' right foot down at the horde of yakuma.

Hanbunko no gaabejji (Cabbage cut in half)

As she did, the bottom of 'her' white boot opened up and the buzzsaw-like wheel extended before changing into a giant white sawblade with light pink outlines for the sharp edges.

When she got close, 'Runa' used 'her' sawblade to cut down one of the muscular yakuma in two.

Yoshou shita no satsuriku houhou (I did extra homework on how to slaughter you)

'Runa' gracefully landed and skated across the horde before leaping into the air. As she made a 'U' turn in mid-air, she jumped and crossed 'her' arms to 'her' chest, and spun at a high speed, doing a triple axel as 'her' skirt grew and turned into a sawblade, taking down multiple yakuma in her dance.

Koushutsuryoku zenkai de fiirudo wo kakeyou (I'll run through the field with high output and full strength)

Shoubu mo yume mo inochi kake no daibu (I dive with my all for both my dreams and my fights)

◇◇◇◇◇

At the same time...

Ranmaru and Katsuie were stunned at the sight of 'Runa' fighting... while singing?

"R-Runa..." Katsuie was lost for words.

Ranmaru was flabbergasted as well. He couldn't take his eyes off from the child.

Flashback:

A blurry figure smiled down at an 11-year-old Ranmaru, who was shaking as he stared up at the figure in worry. "Wait me."

Flashback ended:

The young vassal blinked as a sharp pain pinned his head. Ranmaru grabbed his head as he tried to remember it, but nothing, only a dark void was all he got. 'What... was that...?'

◇◇◇◇◇

Let's sing kasanaru uta ga (Let's sing when our songs overlap)

Donna takai kabe mo kirikizande mirai wo tsukuru (We'll rip apart even the tallest wall and create the future)

'Runa' continued to skate through the horde until she noticed some of the yakuma were heading straight towards the vampires. But she won't let them. 'Runa' skated across the horde with great speed and opened up 'her' wing-like rabbit ears, attacking the yakuma with mini light pink, razor sharp discs.

Yume wa makenai (Our dreams won't lose)

The discs cut the yakuma, that aimed for the protected vampires, into shreds.

Tsuyoi Love de tsukkire (Push through it with your strong love)

Ready go! (Ready go!)

The rest of the yakuma swarm turned their attention to the child and their eyes glowed brightly. Lust and bloodthirst was obvious from the aura they're leaking as they lunged at her, wanting her power from her blood.

Mijuku de mikansei demo nigenai yo (I may be inexperienced and incomplete, but I won't run away)

However, 'Runa' continued to send sharp discs at the monsters while dodging a few that tried to attack from behind.

Shinjite tsumuide koeta rekishi wa hoshi ni (When I believed and overcome, my history become stars)

Some yakuma lunged at the child and raised their claws, only to get cut in half by 'Runa's' sawblades.

Terasou ima kono toki mo hikari sasae ni hora (Now illuminate this moment with light and support)

As 'Runa' continued to fight them off, she began to notice how odd there weren't as many yakuma surrounding 'her'. Usually, there was a whole army of them. 

Matteru hito ga...! (See, someone's waiting for you...!)

Looking around, 'Runa' spotted a horde was heading for the temple.   

Issho ni yukou TWIN HEART! (Let's go together. Twin Heart!)

"Get back here!" 'Runa' manifested a pair of razor-bladed yo-yo weapons from 'her' detached arsenals, and struck them across the ground before sending them towards three powered-up yakuma that tried to get to the temple. She also killed a few regular ones along the line, so it dealt the problem much easier.

Oshi hiki kurikaeshi keiken tsumu no wa (I have gained loads of experience doing this again and again)

Donna koto mo issho nanda ne (No matter what you throw, we'll get through it together)

'Runa' continued to cut down the yakuma at a rapid pace, wanting to end the fight as quickly as possible. She even opted of using the yo-yos for greater distance in attack or restraining the bloodhounds' movements so they can't go near the Gegga Tribes or the shrine people and the visitors - killing two birds with one stone.

Barabara ni yaru kotsu ga yatto wakatta no (I now understand how to rip you apart)

Ita gatte mo tamerawanai koto (I won't hesitate to hurt you)

Let's try tsuranaru koe ga (Let's try and harmonise our voices)

◇◇◇◇◇

As 'Runa' sang, the vampires were unable to tear their bewildered gaze from the girl. Her voice had entranced them to the point they couldn't move.

"What an unbelievable fighting ability." Ranmaru murmured, eyeing 'Runa's' movements without anything distracting him. Her moves were elegant but deadly. They're calculated, yet random. It's like she could tell where they were coming.

Katsuie remained silent because he was still gawking at the child's fighting abilities. She was taking down the yakuma like they were chopped liver.

◇◇◇◇◇

Futari ja nakya dasenai chikara ni nari yuuki ni kawaru (Because when we're together, our power turns into bravery)

Mou mayowanai (I won't hesitate anymore)

Fumetsu no Love wo chikau yo (I swear upon this eternal love)

Ready go! (Ready go!)

However, one of the muscular yakuma managed to land an attack by clawing 'Runa' in the stomach, sending the girl flying across the snow-covered ground.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Runa!/Runa-san!" The two vampires exclaimed. They're worried the child might have received a fatal wound. The last time she was with them, they could already tell the girl was frail.

◇◇◇◇◇

Futari de kitte hiraita sekai ni wa (A world where everything is cut into tiny pieces)

'Runa' slowly struggled back onto 'her' feet. She could feel her wound healing as she glared at the beast with her golden yellow eyes, that were practically glowing.

Arata na nakama to naite waraeru kyou ga (Where we laugh and cry with new friends)

'Runa' launched another batch of flying discs at the yakuma that threw her, killing it into bits, along with a couple of regular ones that came assaulting at her.

Donna koto mo norikoete yukou te to te kasane (By holding hands, we can overcome everything)

Tomo ni susumou...! (Let's walk onwards together...!)

Futari de hitotsu! TWIN HEART! (We are one! Twin Heart!)

*BA-DUMP!!*

'Damn it!' 'Runa' began to feel the illness kicking in. Her body began to heat up as the purple/black mystic aura formed around her. Not only that, her vision to get blurry from the sun. 'I can't see!' She narrowly blocked a claw that came for her from behind.

◇◇◇◇◇

"Runa!" Katsuie noticed the girl's moves were getting sloppy for a moment.

"It's like she's a different person..." Ranmaru mentioned. He noticed her odd behaviour the moment the Gear she's wearing appeared on her.

◇◇◇◇◇

Kizutsuke ai tomo ni kanjita (We've shared each other's pain)

Ano itami ano kinou ga (Ever since yesterday)

"Let me guide you." Alice told the girl.

The raven-haired beauty punched a powered-up yakuma from her right as she pondered at the sudden voice in 'her' head. 'Alice-nee-san?'

Kyou no kizuna ni taishi no tane ni (Today's bond, the seed of ambition)

Asu ni kirameki (Will shine into tomorrow)

"Just focus on where to attack while I'll be your eyes." Alice took control of Runa's right eye, making the darker gold rings turn black as a double sapphire-coloured crescent moons appeared, with the gold star overlapping it, and the vision cleared up for her. Alice only had less than 3 minutes before her vision blurred up, so she needed to be quick.

Tsuyoi Love to kagayaku! (Shine through it with your strong love!)

'Runa' smiled and nodded.

Ready go! (Ready go!)

"Do a triple axel!"

Mijuku de mikansei demo nigenai yo (I may be inexperienced and incomplete but I won't run away)

'Runa' skated on 'her' left foot before leaping into the air and let the skirt of 'her' Gear turned into a giant sawblade, slicing a group of yakuma in the abdomen.

Shinjite tsumuide koeta rekishi wa hoshi ni (When I believed and overcome, my history become stars)

Alice saw the last of the yakuma were the last of them. "Use the thorns and combine them with your triple axel!"

Terasou ima kono toki mo hikari sasae ni hora (Now illuminate this moment with light and support)

'Runa' closed her eyes and unleashed the Dragon of Thorns. She let the uncontrollable power devour the yakuma around her, before doing another triple axel, and combined her attack with Runa's Astral Art.

Matteru hito ga...! (See, someone's waiting for you...!)

The two attacks combined and turned into a deadly cyclone. It grew and grew until the attacks spun like a gigantic sawblade with liveliness, like dish that had recieved water, and all the yakuma were destroyed.

Issho ni yukou! TWIN HEART! (Let's go together! Twin Heart!)

'Runa' finished her attack by doing a pose of getting on her knees with one arm outstretched with the other behind.

(Like this.)

'Runa' sighed in relief and turned to the two vampires, who had watched the show, and released them from her protection.

The forcefield around the vampires shattered into million shards of glass and vanished.

Both Ranmaru and Katsuie didn't hesitate to rush over to the girl as the weird armour on her changed back to Runa's winter clothes, just as the haze fading along with it.

"Are you alright, Runa-san?" Ranmaru immediately asked when he got close.

When they got close, 'Runa' put the blindfold back on as Runa woke up, feeling drained after her body fought against a horde. She could hardly feel her legs and was about to collapse to the cold ground, but Katsuie caught her before her fatigued body hit the snow.

"Whoa, there..." Katsuie straightened the girl up but kept his hands on her shoulders.

"I-I'm fine..." Runa choked before muffling a cough. As she replied, she was relieved. 'The two of them are unhurt, and I guess I am glad the shrine people weren't caught in danger...' She wasn't exactly relieved when she thought about the people that were seen as 'pure'.

Right as three were talking, they didn't notice someone walking up to them.

"Everyone, you have my deepest thanks for saving us from danger here."

The trio turned to the voice to see an old man in his 50's with a really long white beard. He wore an ancient priest robe with a hairpin holding his grey hair together.

The man's eyes focused on Runa's figure. "Especially, you, young miss."

Runa reflexively tensed and clung onto the redhead, who's still holding her shoulders to keep her up.

"You are...?" Ranmaru had no idea who they're talking to. He may have be in the Oda Army, but that doesn't mean he knows everything about everything.

The man realised he had not introduced himself to his saviours. "Ah, yes, I serve as this shrine's priest. I feel as if there is some special fate at our meeting here." He explained. "If it pleases..." The priest dug in his sleeve and pulled something out. "Please accept this from us."

Katsuie reached over the outstretched reward from the priest's hand. "What's this...?" He held it close and raised a brow. "A scroll?"

"Yes. It is a miraculous scroll that has been handed down at our shrine. It is but a meagre show of our gratitude." The priest bowed towards them. "Please, I hope you'll accept this."

Ranmaru glanced at the old scroll in Katsuie's hand before smiling at the priest. "Then, we will recieve it happily."

The shrine priest bowed to them deeply before returning to the main temple to check on everyone.

"A magical scroll... huh." Katsuie handed it over to the younger vampire and gazed at it in wonder. "What's written in it?" He asked.

"Let's see..." When Ranmaru spread out the scroll, there was a beautiful smudged picture of a dagger decorated with beautiful jewels, drawn on the right side of the page. There were some faded writings on the left as well.

Runa walked closer and made out the first words of the writings. "'The Sacred Treasure of Himemiko'... 'Dagger from... Solus'..."

"O-One of Himemiko's Sacred Treasures was a dagger from the Sun Goddess?!" Ranmaru exclaimed, bewildered at what the child had said. His stunned eyes were glued to the smudged picture. "One of the legendary items that were said to have been gifted to the lords by Himemiko in the past could possibly be related to Shinga's creators themselves?!" He peered into Runa's face in excitement. "This is an amazing discovery! It's said that these Sacred Treasures hold special powers, and it might be a clue to finding Himemiko!" His sparkling eyes went back to the undecipherable writings.

Runa was left dumbfounded at how excited the vampire got. This was a first for her.

"Oh? That really does sound amazing!" Now Katsuie got excited and got a closer look as well. "Once we get back to the castle, let's report to Nobunaga-sama."

"Yes!" Ranmaru nodded eagerly. "I wouldn't have thought that a clue to Himemiko would be this close!"

"Alright! We're going now!" Katsuie exclaimed. He then looked at the child. "You come, too!"

"Huh?" Runa did not expect the invitation. "Why...?"

"Because you are going to be a big help!"

'Or a translator.' Runa internally sneered. She sighed, seeing this was the opportunity she needed to get the Sacred Treasure. "Alright..."

As soon as they got the child's bag - that was left back at the place she dropped - they returned to the castle immediately, and then headed to Nobunaga's room after an awkward greeting from Mitsuhide and Nagahide. They would obviously be surprised to see Runa in their lord's territory after what happened.

"This is certainly interesting..." It was the first thing Nobunaga said when he looked at the scroll. However, he didn't planned anything about finding it. "But right now, I am prioritising vigilance against the yakuma." He stated. "Until Mitsuhide brings back information, I am not sending people to search for something aimlessly."

'Figures.' Runa kept her neutral face on.

"And what about you?"

"Huh?" Runa turned to the Oda commander, who had his eyes on her.

"What are you doing here?" Nobunaga demanded. "Did that Monkey sent you to spy on me?"

"That commander...?" Runa spat out her words with venom. She was also offended about the fact Nobunaga accused her of being a spy. She works for no one, but herself! "That 'Monkey'... is probably... still busy... moping..."

Nobunaga narrowed his eyes. He looked at her facial expression to see any signs of her lying. None. Runa wasn't lying. "Is that so?"

"I am here... to avoid... the yakuma..."

"Avoid?" Ranmaru questioned. "Are you saying the yakuma are after you?"

Runa nodded.

"Huh?" Katsuie blinked in confusion. "I thought they're after Yuzuki's blood."

"Not... these yakuma..."

Nobunaga was intrigued at this new piece of information. It's just like Yuzuki's blood attraction situation. Only this time, Runa was their main target. "Leave this scroll with me." He spoke, gaining the attention back. "Dismissed."

"Yes..."

Ranmaru and Katsuie, who dragged Runa to report to Nobunaga, left Nobunaga's room together with the child.

Runa tugged on Katsuie's shirt. "Why did... Nobunaga... ignore a... clue that... benefits him...?" She asked.

"Well... Nobunaga-sama's goal is to unite the country." The redhead replied, stopping in the middle of the hall. "It it's feasible with you here, then Nobunaga-sama wouldn't think about searching for Himemiko in the first place."

"That's..." A sigh unintentionally leaked out and Katsuie clapped a hand on Runa's head.

"Well, he did say he wouldn't search for something aimlessly, but I think it's too early to give up completely."

"I agree." Ranmaru smiled, gaining the girl's attention. "At this time, we shouldn't rush."

"Mm..." Runa nodded. While she was happy at the two's consolation, her feelings remained gloomy.

They continued to walk down the halls before parting ways with Katsuie. Runa went to Ranmaru's room while the vampire went off somewhere. Remaining gloomy, Runa dropped her bag next to the bed as she plopped herself on the soft mattress and spaced out, unknowingly let out a sigh of relief when the sun set completely.

'Haa... When will I return home...?' Runa wondered. When she sighed alone, the door opened, making her jump.

"May I intrude on you for a little while?" Ranmaru's requested voice broke the silence.

"Ah... sure." Runa knew it was Ranmaru immediately from his voice and replied without hesitation. When she did, Ranmaru entered the room with his hands behind his back, hiding something, which made Runa curious. "Ranmaru, what do you have?" She asked.

The vampire giggled childishly. "Hehe... this." Saying that, what he showed her was a black box, and in it was a fancy comb decorated with coloured roses.

Runa sat up and got a closer look at the wooden comb. "A... comb?" She was confused. Why would Ranmaru by a thing only a woman would use?

Ranmaru walked over to Runa and sat beside her. "Yes. When I was running an errand in town today, I saw it in one of the stores so I guessed it reminded me of you..." He admitted, scratching his red cheek with his finger. "Although it was a coincidence, you showed up and went through a scary experience. And then I thought you might still be down about the Sacred Treasure matter, so I bought this in a hurry." Ranmaru placed the box in the girl's hands.

Runa stared at the comb in surprise before shyly looking at the vampire. "Thank you, Ranmaru.... I'll use it with care..." She whispered. 'Although... how do you use a comb?' She wondered. Runa had never used one before so she might have to ask.

"Ah, that's right! Since I'm here, I can comb your hair." Ranmaru beamed.

"Huh?! I-I can't let you do that." Runa didn't want to trouble the vampire since he was pretty much busy with his work.

"I want to do it... won't you let me?"

Runa simply couldn't refuse him when Ranmaru stared at her with eyes glittering in anticipation. Her face had got to be red as a tomato by now. Runa buried her face in her scarves and averted her eyes to the window. "Then, I'll take you... up on that." She mumbled, her voice muffled through the thick fabric. But Runa knew Ranmaru heard her clearly.

"Yes!" Ranmaru gleefully settled himself behind the girl. Before he does anything, he removed the thick scarves and Runa's ribbon on her hair. He patiently waited for Runa to remove her coat and gloves before grabbing the comb in the box, and a lock of her hair. "When combing your hair, first you lightly comb through it with your fingers, and gradually change from a rough-tooth comb to a fine-tooth comb." As he explained, Ranmaru ran his fingers softly through Runa's already silky hair.

Occasionally, as Ranmaru combed through Runa's hair with his hand, his fingers brushed against the back of her neck, and each time Runa would remember the time when a young boy with silver purple hair was doing the same thing he was doing.

'It's just like back then...' She thought, getting mixed emotions wailing in her chest. Her hands on her knees unconsciously clenched into fists until her nails digged into her skin, drawing some blood.

After that, Runa's hair was ran through with many combs carefully, and her hair became shockingly more glossy.

The child grabbed a strand and stared at how her hair shimmered at many different angles. "Wow...! I can't believe this is my hair...!"

"No, this is your hair's original beauty." Ranmaru curtly stated, amused at how his friend was trying to get a full glance of her hair without a mirror. He then grabbed Runa by the shoulders and pulled her towards him.

Runa placed her hands on the vampire's wrists as she looked up at him in curiosity.

"If you so wish, I will comb your hair at any time." Ranmaru offered. "And for your daily needs, I can help you infiiiiinitely more gently and kindly than Mavis." He dramatically exaggerated. "So, please rely on me at any time, okay?"

Runa stared at him in surprise before a soft expression was shown on her face. "Okay... Thank you for everything..." She sincerely said.

Ranmaru was taken aback at the soft, yet, sincere response, but smiled down at her. "No, it's nothing." He then released her. "I still have some work to do, so I'll be back late. I will see you tomorrow, goodnight." With that, Ranmaru got up and left his room.

Runa collapsed on the bed, her back on the mattress as she stared at the door upside down. 'Ranmaru... is really kind, huh.' Her depressed mood had been completely driven away, and as she placed her precious comb into the box, a sound of a tea kettle rattling caught Runa's attention. 'Ah... this sound...' When she turned back to the door, she saw a familiar spirit tanuki standing before her.

"Ah, phew, you're safe!" Imari exclaimed in relief.

"Um... Imari, right...?" Runa asked. She only met the spirit tanuki face to face once, so she was having a hard time remembering his name.

"Yes, and I'm sorry, because the yakuma were chasing me, I got you caught up in danger..." The spirit tanuki lowered his head in guilt.

"No, I just happened to be there... Imari, why were you over there...?" Runa sensed he was near the shrine when she got there, but she didn't have a chance to go look for him. So, why not now?

"There's a scroll about Himemiko-sama's Sacred Treasure in that shrine. But along the way the yakuma found me and I ended up not being able to look for it at all..."

"Ah... We received that scroll... from the shrine priest... As thanks... for protecting them... from the yakuma..."

That immediately brought Imari's spirit back. "Really?!"

Runa nodded. "Mm... There was a... picture of... a dagger drawn..."

"A dagger... Do you remember seeing that somewhere in this castle?"

"Eh...? In this castle...? I haven't noticed but... why...?"

"Actually, I've been feeling the presence of a mysterious power similar to a Sacred Treasure near you the moment we first met..." Imari admitted. He could still remember that electric shock running through his body when he first layed his eyes on the raven-haired beauty's face.

The apprehensive emotion was shown on Runa's face. "You mean... there's a Sacred Treasure close by...?"

◇◇◇◇◇

At Toyotomi Castle...

Twyla was on her knees as she gave her report to the Toyotomi figure, who was staring at Hanbee's sleeping figure.

"It seems Nobunaga-san is planning on using Hime-sama as bait to lure out the prime yakuma." Twyla concluded.

"It was anticipated that he would." The Toyotomi figure brushed a strand of Hanbee's hair out of his face. They smiled that he was alright. And they were glad his head injury was nothing major. But they needed to focus on the upcoming battle against the yakuma. Their covered face glanced over to the cat woman's kneeling figure. "Continue to watch over her." They ordered.

"As you wish." Twyla bowed once more before disappearing into the night lands.

The sudden breeze made the figure shiver slightly but they shook it off. Their skin shimmered in the moonlight when their pale cheek was exposed. "Your end is near..." They mumbled, sensing a malicious aura in the great distance. "No more lives will be taken for you..."

◇◇◇◇◇

Several days later...

'Sacred Treasure... huh...' Runa was laying in one of the stained glass windows in the hallways. One of them had deeper frame than the others, so she thought she would make it her personal napping corner when she was too tired to walk back to Ranmaru's room. After what Imari telling her about feeling a strange power similar to that of a Sacred Treasure near her, Runa immediately knew it was because Mavis and Nova were in her bag. She had completely forgot to hide their presence. Well, better him than Nobunaga finding out. 'If only I can get my hands on the last one in that vampire's room...' Runa pouted at the thought as she lay on her side.

"Do you have some time right now?"

"Wah-!" Runa wasn't expecting someone so she didn't have time to react when she jumped off the window frame out of fright. She groaned and hissed when her back bruises doubled the pain.

"Are you okay?!"

Runa opened her eyes to see Ranmaru's worried face peering into hers. "Ranmaru? Is there something you need?" She asked through her pain.

Before answering her question, Ranmaru helped the raven-haired beauty up and took notice of the light purple bruises on her thighs, but quickly dismissed the problem since this was a message from his lord. "Mitsuhide-san has returned from his expedition-"

"Ah...!" Runa peered into Ranmaru's face, scaring him with her sudden change of behaviour. "If I remember correctly, he went to investigate eyewitnessed information on Himemiko, right?! We ran into him when I showed up out of nowhere."

The young vassal grabbed the child's shoulders and gently pushed her back slightly. This was the first time he had seen the girl jumping in anticipation. Or had he experienced this reaction in a distant memory...? "Yes... Everyone is about to listen to his report and Nobunaga-sama told me to call for you." Ranmaru informed her. For now, he needed to focus on his work.

Runa calmed down and went back to her emotionless state. "Got it... I'll come right now..."

The two rushed to the room with the large table, and saw Nobunaga already sitting on his throne chair with the others standing around it. There also stood Mitsuhide standing before his lord.

When the doors opened, Katsuie was the first to see the two. "Oh, you're here."

Runa placed her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath. "Sorry for... the wait..." With another large inhale, Runa quickly walked over to the waiting vampires. "Mitsuhide... welcome back..." She said. Out of all of the others in the Oda Army, Mitsuhide was surprisingly her second favourite.

The silent vampire surprisingly gave the child a small, faint smile. "Yes. I am relieved to see things unchanged." He meant by the child popping up unannounced, which was starting to become a routine when something big was happening in their war.

"Mitsuhide." Nobunaga ordered, getting things back on topic as he was not planning on wasting precious time.

Mitsuhide put on his serious face as he faced his lord. "My lord. I will report the results of the expedition. Toyotomi also does not appear to have obtained any information about Himemiko in particular. With respect to the sightings of Himemiko, I was unable to confirm the location or any facts."

Runa glanced up at the vampire at the corner of her eyes. 'So that's how it is...' She was rather relieved there hadn't been any leads for quite some time. 'It was a good thing I stole those books.'

"However... I am a bit concerned with the Mouri Army's movements. It seems like they are preparing for another kidnapping attempt..."

The retainers and Runa gasped.

"What was that?! Those guys really don't learn!" Katsuie clenched his fists tightly to hold in his anger. He couldn't believe they're trying to take Runa again. The last time that happened, the child was bedridden for over a freakin' week!

"I was unable to establish whether they intend to invade Oda though..." Mitsuhide trailed off.

All of this information was enough for Nobunaga to make his move. "Katsuie." He ordered.

The redhead understood and smirked. "Prepare for war, right?! Leave it to me!"

However, Runa couldn't be bothered getting involved with the war. She just wanted to find the last artifact. "About the... Sacred Treasure search..." She spoke.

Nobunaga gave the child a quick glance before closing his eyes. "Until we know the oni and his group's aims, forget it."

"That's..."

"Ranmaru."

The said vampire straightened his posture. "Yes, Nobunaga-sama!"

"I will be deciding on our response now with Nagahide and Mitsuhide. During this time, you will be with her." The Oda commander instructed.

"By your will." Ranmaru acknowledged.

And just like that, everyone started talking about war and, not having anything to do, Runa left the hall together with Ranmaru.

The moment the doors closed behind them, the child leaned her back against the nearest wall. "Haa... the Sacred Treasure search is being postponed, huh..." When she sighed, Ranmaru peered at her face worriedly.

"Don't worry. If it's Nobunaga-sama, he'll finish Mouri off quickly." He assured. "And we'll be able to search for the Sacred Treasure soon. So, let's not rush."

"Mm..." Runa could only nodded with a gloomy aura around her.

Ranmaru blinked in wonder before a random idea popped into his head. "Ah, I know!" With his face shining, Ranmaru grabbed Runa's hand and squeezed it. "How about we walk around the town a bit as a diversion?" He suggested.

Runa was stunned at the sudden suggestion. "Huh...? Is that okay? At this time..." She didn't feel like walking around the deep snow with her bruised legs. She was already tired from using her Gear. And in such a rush, too.

"It's because it's at this time. Once the war starts earnestly, you won't be able to walk around freely." Ranmaru pointed out. "Also, I believe Nobunaga-sama told me to be with you as a bodyguard to imply that you are free to do as you wish." He reasoned.

But Runa doesn't believe him. She averted her gaze with a blank face. "I wonder..."

"I'm sure that's the case." Then his shining face turned into a grim one. "Or is it that you don't want to be with me?" He asked with a sorrowful tone.

Runa panicked. "T-That's not it!" She quickly said.

Ranmaru's gloomy face had regained its shine. "Then it's decided. Let's go!" Keeping his hand in hers, Ranmaru dragged Runa out of the castle.

◇◇◇◇◇

20 minutes later...

Brought by Ranmaru, Runa came to the castle town. And when she looked at the lively townspeople, she naturally felt out of place. Things hardly changed the last time she came, only this time, it was winter instead of summer. She was glad she managed to drag the happy vampire back to his room to collect her coat, or else she'll freeze to death.

Walking in hand-in-hand, the two walked down the path that had been cleared by the people. The snow under their feet crunched with each step as the people around them continued to do their daily tasks of shopping or selling, even kids came out to play in the snow.

They walked down the marketing area to see it was busy with farmers walking in to sell their food, and the townspeople buying the food to make their dinner or fill in their stocks.

"Ah... please look, dried apricots are being sold." Ranmaru mentioned as he stopped and pointed to a stall with an old shop woman selling the said dried apricots.

"Wow, really?" Runa leaned forward and cringed at the smell. Without that mixed in, it caused the apricots to produce a revolting stench. "They look... interesting..." Runa doesn't want to be rude since her taste in food is... rather unique.

"I am going to buy them as a gift for Nobunaga-sama, so I'll share some with you." Ranmaru explained as he walked closer to the stall, dragging Runa in the process.

"Eh...? But I feel bad having you spend more money on me..." Runa didn't like asking for things, so she doesn't want Ranmaru wasting his money on something she might not really use.

But the vampire waved off the her worry. "Don't worry. Well, please watch this." His eyes held mischief as he released her hand and walked over to the stall. When he got close, Ranmaru put on his charming smile. "Ah, excuse me, could I have these?" He asked as he pointed to the pile of apricots.

And the next thing Runa knew was that the old woman had been shot by a Cupid's arrow and hurriedly got a dozen dried apricots in a purple bundle. She couldn't hear what they were talking about since her ears had been assaulted by the crowd's chattering.

*Drip*Drip*

'BAD, RUNA! BAD! This isn't the time for a nosebleed!' Mentally scolding herself, Runa quickly wiped her bleeding nose before the young vassal could take a whiff of it. However, she needed to be on guard in case those muscular yakuma showed up. She could vaguely remember the time how her blood made them go insane after taking a whiff of it.

After talking with the woman, Ranmaru walked back to the raven-haired beauty with the bundle in hand. "How was that?" He asked. "My price negotiation technique." He winked in a charming away.

Runa was blind by the dazzling charm from the vampire. "A-Amazing..." She leaned on her side to see the old lady was blushing and daydreaming, totally on cloud nine. 'The old shop lady fell in love with Ranmaru's smile and coaxing, and dropped the price to nearly half...' She sweatdropped and shifted her attention back to the charming vampire.

"Here, for you." Ranmaru held out one of the dried apricots, only this one has red linings on it.

Runa had a guilty look but accepted the offered food. "Thank you..." She held the fruit in her gloved hands and took a nibble of it.

"Now, next-"

"Hey, bastard, don't screw around!" A rough voice suddenly resounded the place.

Runa took another bite as she turned to the source. "Hm? What is that?" Peering closer with her enhanced eyes, Runa saw a group that looked like stuck-up riched kids from a neighbouring country, were having a heated argument with someone. "A fight...?"

◇◇◇◇◇

With the young nobles...

"Do you know who I am, HUH?!" The same guy yelled, clearly angry at the mysterious victim, who was wearing a cloak, covering their upper face and body.

Then the man beside the taller one stepped in. He looked similar to the taller one, but about 2 years younger. "That's right, that's right!" He pointed accusingly at the cloaked figure. "Brother (Nii-san), let's beat this youngster up!"

◇◇◇◇◇

Ranmaru glanced over at the situation but quickly dismissed it. "It looks like someone got caught up in something." He smiled reassuringly at Runa, who was blankly staring at the abrupt commotion. "But it has nothing to do with u-"

"Hey, hey, I like your energy. If you're gonna do it, then try!" An awfully familiar voice taunted the nobles.

When he heard the voice, Ranmaru snapped his head to the cloaked figure. "Wha...?! T-This voice!" His body tensed as he recognised that wild voice.

Runa sighed, seeing the problem. "Oh, dear..." Quickly eating the last of her dried apricot, Runa hurriedly chased after Ranmaru who ran towards the voice. And when she turned the corner, a very familiar vampire, who radiated passion and wild instincts, came into her view.

Toshiie removed his disguise and raised his fists. "Come at me!" He challenged. "I, Maeda Toshiie, will accept any challenges given to me!"

Runa deadpanned. "You have got to be kidding me..."

Ranmaru screamed when he saw the vampire's face. "AHHHH! Maeda Toshiie!!" He roared.

"Hm?" The said general turned to whoever called out his name, only to flinch to find it was his ex-ally. "Ugeh! Ranmaru!? Ah, shit! If this was gonna happen, I'd rather have Nagahide find me-!" Ranting his thoughts out loud, Toshiie clenched his fists, frustrated at the pinch he's in.

At the same time, the two nobles that ganged up on the vampire raised their fists, already charging to take down the general.

However, in the blink of an eye, Toshiie beat down the two men who were involved with him without breaking a sweat "Haha, alriiiight, that's my win!" He grinned like a child had received a praise from his mother. Toshiie then grinned at his former ally snd waved "See yaaa, Ranmaru!" With that, he took off, heading straight for the shortest way back to Toyotomi Castle.

Meanwhile, Ranmaru growled dangerously as he scolded himself for letting the intruder get away. "Ah!! Kgh..." He kept his cool and turned to Runa with a frustrated look in his eyes. "I'm sorry, but our shopping ends here. We're returning to the castle at once!" Ranmaru didn't wait for an answer as he already grabbed Runa's hand and began to run back to the castle.

"R-Right, got it!" Runa hastily followed Ranmaru's back, which was steeped with frustration.

When they returned to the castle, the two rushed down the halls like bowling balls at a rapid pace into the great hall, where the others were still having a discussion. However, Ranmaru quickly apologised and got straight to the point on why they stormed in unannounced.

When the vampire finished explaining, Katsuie couldn't held in his surprise. "Haaah?! Toshiie was in the town?!" He exclaimed.

Ranmaru nodded. "Yes. It didn't seem like the other Toyotomi commanders were together with him though..." He only caught a glimpse of Toshiie, but he didn't felt the presence of any other Gegga Tribes either.

"Was the Toyotomi Army's silent movements was a feint...?" Nagahide pondered. They hadn't heard of anything from the army for quite some time, after the whole 'Yuzuki's been kidnapped' incident.

"If so then I wonder if their aim is a surprise attack on the Mouri's castle..." Mitsuhide spoke up.

Nobunaga, who had been listening to his retainers' opinions, spoke. "Nagahide." He ordered.

The said vampire nodded. "My lord. I will organize a pursuit unit directly and capture Maeda Toshiie!"

"Nagahide, please avoid deep pursuit seeing that we do not know our opponent's aim." Mitsuhide advised.

"That goes without saying." Nagahide countered. He then turned to his annoying friend. "Katsuie, I'm leaving Nobunaga-sama to you."

The redhead smirked. "Right! Who're you saying that to? I'm gonna turn the tables on those Mouri guys!" He was pumped on fighting against someone who's worse than yakuma.

Runa, on the other hand, looked down with a gloomy expression. 'For the enemy to possibly come here...'

"You."

Runa jumped when Nobunaga addressed to her. "Y-Yes...?"

"For the time being, do not leave your room." The commander told her. "You will also eat your meals there."

Runa was confused but nod at that voice with obvious irritation, which she had never heard up to now. And since she wanted to rest, she excused herself from their meeting and plodded back to Ranmaru's room, and ate the dried apricots that the vampire gave her.

Mavis and Nova joined her.

'Haa... Why am I the only one who can't leave their room?' Runa wondered as she nibble on her dried fruit. Her gloomy blindfold-covered eyes watched the Faeries munching on the snack that were just as big as them. 'I guess he must be thinking something...'

"Meow~"

Runa perked up. 'Ah, this sound...' She turned to the window to find a familiar Sacred Faery of Izira.

Twyla sighed and gracefully sat down beside the Sacred Faery of Terraria. "I've finally got here..." She groaned, stretching her aching muscles.

"Twyla...! Welcome back... You aren't hurt today...?" Runa fretted. She hadn't seen the Faery ever since she left for Oda, and she was worried something might have happened to the cat.

Twyla giggled behind her paw. "Yes, as you see."

Mavis grabbed an apricot and offered it to the Faery. "Would you like an update?"

"Very much, please." Twyla smiled wryly as she accepted the snack.

Then the two other Faeries gave the Sacred Mirror a basic sum up of what had happened so far.

"Okay... Can't we just take another look?" To Twyla, her master could get pretty much anything she wants.

However, Runa had a troubled look. "I think that'll be hard, since it's in that person's room..." She sulked.

Twyla sweatdropped. "Uwah, so it is in that scary Demon King's room, huh." Another sigh slipped passed her lips. "I wanted to see if we overlooked anything just in case - !"

"..." Runa didn't question when the Faeries hid inside her bag, instead, she glared over her shoulders at the person who managed to abruptly sneak in at the last second.

"..." Nobunaga's cold eyes immediately snapped to the child's figure, that was sitting on the floor with a plate of dried apricots before her. "There were strange presences... Where are they?" He demanded, walking into the room.

While the Faeries were hiding in Runa's bag, that was placed beside the closet, the raven-haired beauty picked up a normal dried apricot on the spur of the moment.

"U-Um... I was just... eating dried apricots... right now... Ranmaru bought these... in town and... if it pleases... you, would you... like one...?" Runa asked, holding one out nervously.

Nobunagam took the apricot but, instead of eating it, what he said to the child confused her. "Bite it."

Runa tilted her head, confused. "Me...?"

The vampire pushed the apricot he held to her.

'I don't really understand but... I guess I should try eating a bit of it?' While puzzled, Runa did as told and took the fruit, and nibbled a little at the apricot. "I ate it..."

Nobunaga watched it before looking at the now nibbled apricot in her hand. "When you're eating, be careful with your first bite." He said. "Do not ever put a lot in your mouth or eat it in one bite."

"Huh...?" Runa was even more lost.

"If your tongue goes numb or starts to sting then spit it out immediately and wash out your mouth."

"Um... That's a countermeasure... to poison... right...?" Runa only asked because she remembered a similar phrase in her medical book. Then her eyes widened in shock before turning into an angry one. "Ah! No way...! When you had me... bite it just now... was that to... test for poison?!" She couldn't believe Nobunaga would use her as a guinea pig just to test out a possible poison!

A very, very, VERY, small smile made its way onto Nobunaga's lips. "If Ranmaru bought it as a gift then there is no need to test for poison. However, it will be troubling if you are not cautious." Nobunaga took the apricot from Runa's hand anew and threw it into his mouth to eat normally. "As long as you remain at my castle, you must never be negligent in your vigilance."

Runa found Nobunaga's way of words was rather different. 'Is he giving advice?' She pondered.

Nobunaga turned his back on the child. "And, if you are going to give something to me, next time give me dried persimmons." Leaving those words behind, he left the room.

"Hmm... I guess dried persimmons really are your favorite." Runa blurted after a moment of silence.

And making sure the Demon King was no longer near the room, the Faeries came out of hiding.

"Fuuah... I thought he found us." Nova let out a breath she had no idea she was holding. "As expected of the Demon King Nobunaga, he's terrifyingly sharp..." She sweatdropped, remembering how her heart was just pounding at how her master managed to divert Nobunaga's attention to the dried apricots.

Runa couldn't agree more. "Mm. Moreover..." She glanced back at the door. "... he told me to be vigilant." 'That might be natural though since both Toyotomi and Mouri people have invaded Oda's territory...'

*BA-DUMP!*

'Soon... it will be you...'

Runa froze. 'No... It's not like that...'

Mavis sensed the child was distressed and immediately flew over to her. "Runa?" She was worried the voice was back and was twisting Runa's thoughts as if the child's plans were sinister.

The raven-haired beauty shook her head and turned to Twyla. "Twyla, what should we do about the scroll...?" She asked. It's not like they can just walk in and take a peak without Nobunaga watching them like a hawk. Or can they...?

"Right..." Twyla placed a paw on her aching temple. "In his state, it looks like we'll be found before we sneak into his room, so let's stop trying to sneak a look." She advised. "We'll try looking for another opportunity."

The girls nodded in agreement. "Alright."

Mavis returned to gathering information again, while Nova had to return to Sanada, under Runa's order, and, after that, Runa and Twyla spent the day in Ranmaru's room, unable to leave and bored out of their minds.

Nagahide had not returned yet from his mission of 'Pursuing Maeda Toshiie'. Moreover, Katsuie and Mitsuhide were in an extreme hurry, heading to every location where they received information about sightings of either Mouri or Toyotomi people.

Runa sighed and layed flat on Ranmaru's bed, breathing in his scent on the sheets. However, it didn't stop her from thinking about the Oda Army. 'Not just Katsuie and Mitsuhide, but everyone in the castle is tense and prepared for the worst case scenario...' She rolled onto her stomach and glanced at Twyla with a defeated look. 'I'm the only one... not doing anything...' Runa stared vacantly into space, feeling depressed, letting the maddening void consume her into her nightmares.

Dream:

"***! ***!" A young *** Runa was staggering across the rocky pathway back to her home. She was covered in blood from her wound, but that wasn't the only pain she was in. Runa was desperately trying to wake up a young vampire with whitish blonde hair. "***! Open your eyes!" She begged, but the vampire remained motionless.

*BANG!!!*

*ROAR!!!*

Runa snapped her eyes to the large explosion not too far away from her. The sound of that creature reactivated in agony deafened her ears momentarily as the large explosion sent out waves of heat rushing passed her face, blowing her long black hair and dress everywhere. Runa's body shook in fear as the fire began to spread not only from the town, but to her home as well.

"*Cries* Why...?" Tears streamed down her bloody face as Runa couldn't help but cry. "Why is this happening...?" Runa doesn't understand. What did her family do to deserve this?

'Your parents only died because of you.'

"Who's there?!" Runa yelled, tears still coming out of her eyes as her new heart was racing in her chest. Holding the vampire close to her, she tried to find the source of the voice. But the only presences she could feel near the area were hers, the vampire in her arms, and two where the explosion happened.

'Everyone got hurt because of you.' The same voice whispered in Runa's mind.

The stressful child froze. "Everyone got hurt... because of me...?" Runa didn't want it to be true. But considering everything that had happened in less than 24 hours...

'That's right. It is because you're a hypocrite. You never understood true suffering... *Giggles*... until today... *Giggles*'

The heart beating in Runa's chest raced even faster as her anxiety grew. The reality of everything that had been peaceful had been shattered by someone her mother held close. She gasped as she begun to see her surroundings had been stained by blood.

Runa's shaking eyes slowly trailed down to her shaking hands to see them drenched in blood. Not from the wound on the vampire's head, but the blood that belonged her now deceased family. "Everything's my fault..." The more Runa repeated the words in her mind, the more it became true. "Just like that story..."

Flashback:

"The rose. A beautiful rose that has the power to control all existence." Runa's mother layed beside her frail child as she told a story with a meaning that meant so dearly to her.

Little Runa closed her eyes, keeping close to her mother as she listened to her story. A story she begged to tell every night.

"The Goddess of the Moon, Lunaria, fell in love with the ***, yet it was never to be. The man also had feelings for her, but their existence and relationship would never be accepted because of each other's kind. A being that dwells beyond the stars, and the one that was created from them dwells below, all the Gods and Goddesses warned there will be those who will wish to take control if there were ever to be an offspring.

Even so, the lovers would often meet up. However, the Moon Goddess had not realised her relationship was causing pain for someone she knows very well. But that person could not blame the man who she fell in loved, deeply.

As time goes by, the lonely Goddess grew hatred for the Moon Goddess when she left the dwellers beyond the stars so she could live side by side with her lover. Her friends accepted their relationship and supported them in any way. 

All, but one.

The Goddess had also left the ancient lands, her hatred grew the more she stayed. So, she went into hiding, secluding herself in another world. She spent a millenia in that world, making the dwellers do her biddings until she found someone who had the same pain as her. And before long, she fell in love."

"And the part about the powers?" Runa groggily asked.

Her mother giggled as she tucked a strand of her child's hair behind her ear. "With the many universes continue to flourish, the world the Goddess of Moon's lover had created gifted them powers, granting their people to do things not even the most lowest creatures could do.

However, with the distrust and disharmony within one race, had caused the universe to create an element that would punish them for their wrongdoings. An element that is shaped of black veins made of rose thorns, which could erase anything they pierced. But also has the opposite affect of restoring of what they had erased in act of forgiveness.

Furthermore, even if they can restore what they had erased, they can take control and dissect anything with their sharp thorns in order to protect their master. It is said that for those who would bring harm to the vessel, they will be devoured by the thorns filled with poison. Or be purified whenever the vessel's heart sees the truth instead of what they think.

But for the time being, the element remained in a deep slumber, filled with so much sadness from a broken heart."

Flashback ended:

"A broken... heart..." Runa murmured, saying it out on the spur. A hollow laugh escaped her lips, as blood trailed down from her mouth to her chin. "So this is what it feels... to be empty...?"

Dream ended:

A tear rivered down her cheek as Runa opened her eyes, which felt sticky and dry, finding herself sleeping on a bed. She blinked a few times, letting her vision unblurred itself before her eyes shot wide. Runa sat up quickly, but regretted it when her forehead banged into someone else's.

"Ow, ow..."

Runa opened her eyes painfully and was surprised to see him. However, her mind was on panic mode. The nightmare was still flashing in her eyes. Runa frantically looked at her surroundings, seeing the decor was of Ranmaru's taste. She was so busy trying to let it all sink in, she didn't notice Ranmaru smiling brightly at her on his bedside.

"Thank goodness." He sighed in relief. "You finally regained consciousness."

Runa snapped her head towards the vampire. She was still shaken from her nightmare, but hid it well enough not to show it on her face.

"Your clothes were being cleaned, so I gave you some of mine."

"Huh?" Runa looked down to realise she was wearing a simple white kimono instead of her usual nightgown. She grabbed the ends of the folded fabric and loosened it up a bit, exposing her chest. Runa could see some of her Ena had chipped away due to the sun, but had begun to grow back, now that the moon was out.

Ranmaru flinched and let out a small shriek.

"What is it?" Runa innocently asked, wondering what got the vampire so tensed. She also caught him blushing as if he was seeing something he shouldn't.

Ranmaru quickly averted his gaze and kept his eyes shut tightly, as he held his hands up. "I thought dressing you down to your underwear might be going a bit too far..." Ranmaru was blushing rather hard and he didn't want to finish his sentence. He doesn't know how Hanbee changes the girl without being embarrassed in the slightest!

"Oh." Unlike the vassal, Runa wasn't embarrassed in the slightest. She covered her chest with the kimono and noticed the warm purple liquid in a basin on the nightstand. "Hm?" 'Did Ranmaru pulled out the medical kit?'

Ranmaru eventually calmed down and tented to the bruises on Runa's back. He had one hand on her bare shoulder, while the other was wiping down her back, that had nasty large bruises and cracked Ena that were threatening to come off, with a piece of cloth.

Runa wrapped herself into a ball as she sat quietly, staying still in her place with the blanket wrapped around her waist. She could feel Ranmaru was being gentle with her bruises and she could feel her Ena growing back when the liquid had been wiped over them.

"Thank you..." Runa awkwardly whispered. Ranmaru had been kind to her and she had yet to thank him. So this was actually a nice timing.

"Mm." Ranmaru smiled, nodding his head as his answer.

"..."

"You're the quiet one... out of your biological family... right...?" Ranmaru asked, choosing his words carefully. For all he know from observation, talking about her background was a sensitive topic. Especially, involving her family.

Runa's expression turned grim. "I'm no good with words." She started.

"You don't have to force yourself." Ranmaru doesn't want to force Runa into telling him. The poor girl's not only fragile on the outside, but on the inside as well.

Runa gently shook her head. "I tried to make people happy, but I only managed to make people worry and die for me."

"You mean like, being frail and your parents protecting you from terrorists?" Ranmaru softly asked.

Tears formed in the corner of her eyes. "Yeah..." Runa sniffed and wiped them away, but more came rivering down her cheeks. "I don't get it... *Sniff* A fight... I don't really understand that..." She choked.

Ranmaru stopped his movement and stared at the child's back with guilt. "Have you never witnessed, had or heard a fight in your life?" He blankly asked.

"I lost my family 10 years ago. I had a heated argument with my closest friends..." Runa paused and shook her head. "No... I had a heated argument with my new siblings 7 years ago, and now I'm involved in a war I want no part off." A solemn expression was on her flushed face. "I've been avoiding wars."

"How awful..."

"And one of the people who I thought understood my parents' ideals was really just after our lives from the very beginning." Runa clenched her hands into the blanket until they're wrinkled. "No one really cared about me after they learned about my past. Humans are all good-for-nothing scums." Flashes of the nobles kidnapping her and used her as a torture entertainment, played in her mind. "They didn't listen when I said that it hurts. They didn't listen when I told them to stop. They didn't listen to anything I said!" Runa threw one of the pillows to the wall, ignoring the stinging pain of her bruises as her tears flailed around her.

Ranmaru was stunned. He stared at the crying child with pity before more guilt build up inside his chest. "I'm sorry."

"Hey..."

"Hm?" When Ranmaru saw the crying face of Takenaka Runa, what he saw was a child begging for something. Something she doesn't understand and wanted to, but couldn't find the voice to ask... He was lost for words. It was an emotion Runa was genuinely showing that could move anyone to tears.

"Is what I'm doing just hypocrisy?"

◇◇◇◇◇

Outside of Oda Castle...

Ringo wa unkanda osora ni... (The apple floated in the sky...)

Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni... (The apple dropped to the ground...)

Hoshi ga umarete uta ga umarete (The stars are born, and the songs are born)

Ruru ameru wa waratta tokoshie to (The Lulu Amelu smiled for eternity)

As the Oda figure sang, they swing their legs, that were dangling from the tree branch they're sitting on, gently to and fro.

Hoshi ga kisu shite uta ga nemutte (The stars kiss the songs to sleep)

Kaeru toko wa doko deshō...? (Where will they call home...?)

They kept their gaze fixated to the bright, shiny moon that illuminated the sky.

Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni... (The apple dropped to the ground...)

Ringo wa ukanda osora ni... (The apple floated in the sky...)

They exhaled gently, leaning back slightly to take a breather. They didn't care if their hood tipped slightly. It's not like anybody would find them.

"The beginning of an end." Their eyes stared blankly into the horizons, sensing the malicious aura gradually making its way over to the castle. "How will you see this world after the fight..." A painful smile graced itself to their lips. "... Hime-chan?"

◇◇◇◇◇

At Toyotomi Castle...

The moon was shining brightly in the dark sky. Two figures in the storage room of Toyotomi Castle were sitting quietly, digging through the old crates around them.

But Hanbee unintentionally fell asleep and soon woke up when he realised he dozed off. His tired eyes scanned the room until he saw the Toyotomi figure reading a book with searched crates around them.

"I'm sorry." Hanbee groggily apologised, standing up.

The figure smiled at the vampire. "I'm not surprised. Recovering from a cold takes time."

What the figure said made the vampire confused. Hanbee walked over to them, being careful as to not step on the mess they've made.

"I'm just reading something that might be useful in the near future." The Toyotomi figure turned looked at the book in their hands.

"Something useful?" Hanbee leaned over their shoulders and read a couple of lines, only to widen his eyes at the contents. "This is...!"

The figure chuckled and closed the book. They faced him and handed Hanbee the book. "Don't tell your commander yet. I'll let you decide when it would be appropriate." They walked passed him but stopped when their shoulders touched. "Oh, and about the yakuma... Do you know what they're made out of?"

"Huh?" Hanbee glanced at them in confusion.

"You know how magical relics can't be magical unless they have some sort of Astral Source such as a vortex bursting with mana?"

"Does that mean there's some kind of connection between Mages and the yakuma instead of the original theory?" Hanbee wondered.

"Who knows~?"

Then Hanbee gasped in realisation. "Could it be these yakuma are not the same yakuma we fought before?" He frantically walked over and stood before the figure. "Have these yakuma been created from an Astral Art?" He asked.

"Yes..." The Toyotomi figure's hidden eyes fixated on the book in the vampire's hand. "These yakuma have been fabricated from the prime yakuma."

◇◇◇◇◇

At Oda forest...

A figure around 13 years old, wearing a large silver-white armour, stood at the entrance of the forest, watching a swarm of the Astral Yakuma started to gather.

"Prepare yourselves..." They glared at the monsters and unsheathed their silver shortsword. "... because I am not letting you near her!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 23 3
What if when asta was six years old What if the people he grew up with decided they would exiled him because they believe he would never be able to g...
257K 6.3K 34
A month has passed since (Y/n) started living with the Sakamaki brothers and her 'annoying' sister Yui. Things were peaceful for a while after the in...
1K 138 42
It's been five years since Kai's life was completely turned upside down, but he is extremely grateful for the things that have happened. The deaths n...
325 106 46
~The story never end, ends~ -4gotten_girl ___________________________ She was alone with no where to call her own....she stumble...