Sir Arthur

By Maureentab

~Complete~ Sir Arthur had never thought he'd befriend a small clumsy female who was determined to be a veteri... More

• Preface
• One
• Two
• Three
• Four
• Five
• Six
• Seven
• Eight
• Nine
• Ten
• Eleven
• Twelve
• Fourteen
• Fifteen
• Sixteen
• Seventeen
• Eighteen
• Nineteen
• Twenty
• Twenty-one
• Twenty-two
• Twenty-three
• Twenty-four
• Twenty-five
• Twenty-six
• Twenty-seven
• Twenty-eight
• Twenty-nine
• Thirty
• Thirty-one
• Thirty-two
• Thirty-three
• Thirty-four
• Thirty-five
• Thirty-six
• Thirty-seven
• Thirty-eight
• Thirty-nine
• Forty
• Forty-one
• Forty-two
• Forty-three
• Forty-four
• Forty-five
• Forty-six
Author's note

• Thirteen

1.5K 85 3
By Maureentab

Two chairs were pulled out and the two men joined the ladies at their large table on the opposite end since they had been huddled on one side.

"What are you doing here?" Gwen grinned as he peered at the girls who looked astonished as if they had been caught doing something they weren't supposed to.

He had interacted with Faye a few times especially after he once caught her carrying herbs for sale, something a lady was prohibited from. He later learned from James, a servant at the Heather's ,that the young lady always prepared them.

"We're just having some afternoon tea," Faye replied shooting him a nervous laugh.

"But I don't see any tea," Gwen exclaimed staring at the folded junk on the table that looked suspicious.

Before the girls could even reply, Gwen shrieked once more remembering his master had come along with him and he'd gone silent even though he was normally a quiet man.

He briefly glanced at him before introducing him to the girls. They had perhaps not heard about him since he had just returned home after being away for so long.

"This is Sir Arthur, the head knight." He said as he eyed the girls reactions. They didn't seem to get shocked at that seeing they didn't show any indifference. They had perhaps known him or heard about him.

The latter was more fitting from the information he had gathered so far. He gently nudged Sir Arthur's side motioning him to say something.

His master had been rigid the whole time they sat at the table and Gwen was beginning to reconsider his decision for joining them.

Sir Arthur nodded at the maidens as if to acknowledge them all. He didn't say anything further but that was how he was.

Lily being the sensible person she was introduced herself as well as the girls who had been ogling at the quiet man before them. Faye was basically observing but Kim seemed to have gone on another planet.

"You seemed to have been doing something interesting earlier," Gwen spoke once again trying to pry the folded paper out Faye's hold.

"That doesn't concern you!" Faye retorted back pulling the papers on her side. She and Gwen always seemed to be arguing at all times they had met.

"Are you still selling herbs?" Gwen asked slowly with his head lowered. It was meant only for Faye to hear but when all heads whipped towards him, he knew he had spoken of something he wasn't supposed to.

He straightened himself in his seat staring back at them. Lily and Faye then shifted their attention to Kim who had been quiet the entire time.

That's when it clicked why the man had been oddly familiar. She had encountered him one time they were at the market with Faye and he seemed to be a mutual friend of hers.

She didn't know that he was aware about their business there. Faye had never mentioned anything concerning him so she thought no one knew entirely about it.

"It was supposed to remain between us!" Faye irritatedly spoke as she worriedly looked at Kim. She didn't want her to think that she had exposed her big secret.

As if Gwen had realized what he had done, he gulped before shooting from his seat and rushed forwards. He stood before Lady Kimberly before bowing his head and frantically spoke.

"I'm sorry my lady, I didn't know. I thought it was all for Faye, she didn't say anything. I sincerely apologize for my outburst." Gwen pleaded his eyes downcast.

"It's okay," Kim answered feeling uncomfortable that someone was bowing to her. She glanced at him nodding in reassurance that everything was alright and motioned him to return to his seat.

Sir Arthur had been gandering at her from time to time when the conversation was not directed towards her though he had not spoken once. It was quiet especially since Gwen had been the one talking much.

"I have to leave before it gets late," Lily excused herself standing up as she bid the girls farewell. Her family had sent a carriage to pick her up and since her home was quite far, she had to leave early.

She had been away from home since the night of the ball. Kim glanced at her friend as if asking whether she was going to be okay without them escorting her. Lily just smiled and nodded before gesturing to Sir Arthur and winked as she left the hotel.

Kim's face became a little bit warm and she began toying with the purple ribbon on her hand. She looked at Faye immediately once she remembered the reason they were here.

"We are actually supposed to be getting medicine for Zaine right now, I hope that you'll kindly excuse us." Faye said as she looked at Sir Arthur unsure of how to address him.

The man was still a mystery to her after meeting him just today despite hearing about him from Lily. One thing, his ordinance screamed power.

"We could accompany you," Sir Arthur replied and Gwen had to pinch himself to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. The girls too had been shocked judging from their astonished looks.

"Uh well," Faye stumbled on her words as she glanced at Kim unsure of what to say.

Kim was surprised at his response and she'd had to face him almost immediately to confirm whether she heard it correctly. He was already looking at her just like he always seemed to when they met.

His eyes held some sort of determination that Kim didn't understand what it was all about and just like everytime he asked her for anything, she found herself agreeing.

"Okay," she willingly obliged and averted her eyes from him. Things were getting intense with their staring and there were people watching.

Faye carried the small bundle on one hand before assisting Kim up as she ensured her dress wasn't scrunched since Kim tended to trip on her rather long dresses and this being her favorite one, she tried to make sure it wasn't ruined.

They all walked out with Kim and Faye first before the two men followed. More people had flocked into town since the previously deserted streets were now filled with people.

They walked silently down the pavement before Faye stood abruptly and screeched loudly, "Gerald left with the carriage. I have to look for another one." They had completely forgotten about that the moment they came into town.

"I'll get the medicine then, we shall meet at the shop." Kimberly replied clearly knowing that she had no idea where the medicine's shop was located at.

Faye turned to leave just when Gwen offered to join her and help. He was still feeling guilty from his previous statement and he planned to compensate for that.

Faye merrily agreed and they both left unaware of the tension that they had build.

"It's just us then?" Kim laughed slightly before glancing up Sir Arthur who was now by her side and was looking down at her. He nodded at her before gesturing her to lead the way. He himself knew not of where he was.

Kim continued walking down the path they had taken not knowing where it led to. She had always relied on Faye for most things and that included manoeuvring through town too.

Sir Arthur jumped into a step beside her as she led the way. They had just walked a short distance before Kim felt a small tap on her arm. She cast her companion a glance once she realized he had stopped.

She looked around trying to spot the shop they were looking for but only clothes seemed to be sold at this part. She stared at him confusedly before he gently took her arm and pried her away from the busy road and exchanged lanes with her.

He released her hand once she stood on the safer side and they began walking down again. Kimberly had never met such a chivalrous man and she internally swooned at his actions.

"Who's Zaine?" Sir Arthur questioned once he remembered they were getting medicine for him. He was slightly concerned about that, not exactly slightly since his hands were clenched in tight fists at his ends.

"My horse," Kim answered loudly over the loud chatter on the street to make sure he heard her not realizing how her answer had abated and surprised him.

And to her luck, something she had been experiencing lately, the shop came into view a few yards away and Kim released a sigh of relief. It would have been embarrassing if they were to begin going in circles.

She didn't realize that she had began skipping the rest of the way until a large warm hand touched her forehead pushing her back slightly before a man carrying logs hit her face.

Her heart picked up it's pace once she realized he'd salvaged her once more. How he was already by her side was beyond her.

✿ ✿ ✿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 40 22
"I swear, cross my heart, I will never leave you". Dylan crosses his chest, where his heart would be, with his fingers. His eyes gazed at mine as if...
244 1 7
The story of a lonely King willing to do anything, to undo the mistakes of his past. Mistakes that lead to the death of his beloved Queen. Mistakes t...
17.7K 408 32
I feel his hands glide down towards my fanny and I stop fixing my hair. "Liam-" I start to say but am cut off by him. "Are you sure you want to sell...
1.2K 65 36
'𝓒𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻.' 𝓘 𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝓪 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴. '𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰.' 𝓗𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻. ★·.·'¯'·.·★ ... ★·.·'¯'·.·★★·.·'¯'·.·★...