The Exchange

By storm_to_sun

My take on what happens when Akshara is forced to become Maya's voice in return for her Abhi's hand. More

Returning to Maya
Maya's Music
One Year Later: Abhimaniyu
One Year Later: Akshara
The Birthday Party
A Prayer in his Name
Switzerland
The Exchange
The Letter
Touching Down
Tears
Her Voice
Who Was She?
The Hardest Thing You Ever Did?
Deewana
Mujhe Bhi
Her Guitar
Do You Know Her?
Are you Married?
Her Everything
The Lake
Saans
Dr. Abhimaniyu Birla
Into the Fire
Where Were You?
Methidana
The Shirt
My Wife
Final Warning
Dr. Kunal Khera
Tumhare Liye
Unmasked
Sab Kuch
The Face Off
Mrs. Akshara Birla
Rot in Hell
Wasted Sacrifice
In Search of You
Alive Again
Scissors
The Church
Family
Homecoming
Meri Beti
Attacks
Threshold
The Ultimatum
Broken Pieces
Terror
The Vote
Karam
Shooting Stars
The Sunrise
Bade Papa
Rocking Chair
Author's Note & End

Backstage

1.2K 89 1
By storm_to_sun

The plan for the night had been to open with some rock song that Maya had suggested. But in the heat of the moment, Akshara asked her if they could start with "Saans." For the first time in a year, she felt inspired...she felt motivated to sing. Even if her voice was no longer her own, sensing him at the airport, feeling him so deeply within her soul, had returned a piece of her that she had lost...however small it was. Maya had resisted, yelled in anger, but Akshara had convinced her that the crowd would love it, that it would be a super hit performance. And somewhere at the bottom of her heart, she wished that maybe...just maybe...he would hear her...maybe, just maybe...he would show up....

As Maya walked onto stage, Akshara peeked out from the curtain, making sure to stay as hidden as possible. Her eyes were searching for someone...they were searching for someone after ages. She shook her head when she saw the amount of people out there...what was she even thinking? How would she ever spot him in a crowd this large? She told herself to reign in her emotions...to preserve the version of herself she had created in the past year. And with that, she began singing. 

With every word she sang, she felt his presence closer and closer to herself. She felt him approaching her...as if he was just right there...as if all she had to do was reach out and she would be able to touch him, to hold him again. And for the first time since she had started singing for Maya, she felt the urge to run onto stage, to address the crowd on her own...to tell him that if he was here, he had finally found her. Her feet began inching closer and closer to the curtains...but just then, she felt Kunal pull her back into the center of the room.

"What do you think you are doing? You need to stay far behind the curtains. What if someone sees you?" He yelled once the song had ended. 

She simply looked at him and apologized, getting ready for the next set. But, no matter how hard she tried to shake the feeling of him being there...him standing in the crowd, it would not go away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 846 5
Hy guys it's a story on our new couple Abhira from the famous show yrkkh..... peep in to know more about it.....
37.1K 3.1K 31
"What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way." ||ABHIRA FF||
16.6K 1.5K 23
This is my take on Abhirohi after the camp fire accident. NOTE: Please be aware that as the story proceeds I've managed to give the main and paralle...
21.9K 1.3K 24
A bunch of one shots and short stories. AbhiRa in alternate universe.