To You Who Was Abandoned

By Adivonna

A 1st life of being abandoned and sad. A 2nd of her joy and happiness as Empress. A 3rd were she had reincarn... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Different From Before
Chapter 2: Broken Hearts
Chapter 3: Goes On
Chapter 4: Vita
Chapter 6: Family (2)

Chapter 5: Family (1)

194 10 0
By Adivonna

It was a fairly normal day as she combed her black hair in front of the mirror.

"Jieun!" Her mother called.

She hurriedly dropped the comb down on the dresser. "Coming!" She shouted down to her mother.

As she swiftly walked down the stairs, there was a smile on her face. When she got down stairs she was met with eh scene of her family all huddled behind a cake. "Happy birthday Jieun!" They exclaimed.

"Aww. Thank you so much for this surprise" Today was her sixteenth birthday. Today made it sixteen years ever since she was reborn as-

"Jieun" Her father said gently. He beckoned her over for a hug. "My baby girl is sixteen now..."

"It's okay. I'm not going anywhere yet"

"I know" She stepped away for a second and took in the image of her family. Aristia, no, Jieun's family.

It had been sixteen years ever since Aristia had been reborn in modern day Korea as Jieun. At first it was hard to adjust to the new devices and technology that existed around her, but she quickly adapted to it by the time she was able to walk and talk.

"Unnie is soon going to bring a brother in law home soon!" Jisoo, her younger sister squealed excitedly.

"Not on my watch!" Jieun's father said with a huff.

"Come on, grow up Taehyung" Jieun's mother said pacifying her father with a gentle pat on his back.

"Don't worry dad, my brother in law is gonna be like prince charming in that novel I read last week" Jisoo said with dreamy eyes as she clapped her hands happily.

Warmth pervaded within Aristia's heart as she watched the interactions between 'her' family.... Jieun's family.

That morning the family celebrated 'Jieun's sixteenth birthday.

'What would they do if they found out I'm not the real Jieun?' Aristia thought as the little party was now over and she was in her room doing homework.

Though she had been in this world for some time now, she wasn't completely able to accept her identity as 'Jieun'. No matter what, she was still Aristia.

A distant memory from her first life, when she had been demoted to queen, suddenly flashed in her mind.

It was one of her Aristia's many sad days. She was walking in the garden in the imperial palace which she very much loved. She had been walking quietly until Jieun came up to her and disrupted her peaceful silence.

"Tia!" Jieun shouted as she ran over to her.

Aristia turned to greet Jieun. "Greetings to her Majesty, the moon of the Empire" Aristia had to greet Jieun since she was just a concubine, while she was the Empress.

"Tia, you don't need to greet me so formally. Just call me Jieun"

Aristia felt uncomfortable, watching the woman who was the Empress of the esteemed Castina Empire, not practice proper manners. It was rather discourteous to refer to others by their nickname or have someone else call the Empress by her name.

"Yes" Aristia answered simply.

Jieun smiled then looked over to a big tree. "How come the tree never blooms" She asked randomly.

Aristia too then turned to gaze up at the tree.

That tree...was the one her and the late Emperor always sat under. The late Emperor was her father-in-law. He had treated her dearly and made her respected.

As Aristia gazed at the tree and thought about the late Emperor, tears began to trickle down her face.

"Tia, are you okay?" Jieun asked as Aristia suddenly began to tear up.

"No, nothing" How could she let her emotions slip. Aristia contained herself and answered simply. "I just thought of....something I missed"

Jieun's express which was always bright suddenly turned dark. "Something you missed...." Her eyes gazing at the tree also brimmed with tears. "Mom, dad. Even my troublesome sister Jisoo. I miss them so much..... ”

At that moment, Aristia felt sorry that she have hated Jieun until now.

When she opened my mouth to say something to comfort Jieun, she suddenly heard a cold voice from behind her.

“What’s going on here?”

It was a very cold voice. Obviously, Aristia didn’t hear anyone approaching, but he came to her and stared at her sharply.

“I’m honored to see the Sun of the Empire, Your Majesty.” Aristia said with a bow.

Jieun, what’s up? Why are you crying? ”

Ruve!” Jieun cried out, before giving him a hug. Small sobs came from her mouth.

Emperor Ruvelius Camaludin Shana Castina. Ruve? Aristia gave a hollow smile at that. For the past sixteen years, she was not even allowed to call his name, but Jieun called him by his nickname so easily.

“What did you do to Jieun?" Ruvelius asked Aristia in an icy tone. "What did you say to make her cry like this? Why is she crying? ”

“Your Majesty?” Aristia blinked back in surprise.

She felt it was unfair. Why is he blaming her first? What did she do to Jieun?

“No, Ruve!" Jieun quickly stepped in, defending Aristia.  "Tia didn’t do anything to me. I just cried because I missed my family.”

“… Oh, got it, Jieun, go and get some rest. I will follow you soon.” Ruvelius said as he beckoned her to go back to the Empress' chambers.

Aristia felt bitter when she saw him looking at Jieun tenderly. Her heart was broken when she saw him soothing Jieun with a warm voice that she had never experienced. She shed tears when she watched him wistfully looking at Jieun, as if he felt she was so lovely.

Even when he looked at Aristia coldly with contempt and a cynical smile after Jieun left, she lowered my head without telling him that she was heartbroken.

“Let me warn you,” he said.

“Pardon? Your Majesty?”

“Don’t approach her. She is tender and innocent. She is not the type of woman you can mess with.”

“Your Majesty.”

She was choked with emotions when he scolded her like that.

“Did you think the position of the empress was yours? No way. You were once respected as the future empress because I wrongly interpreted the oracle. It was originally reserved for Jieun, not you. ”

“… ”

“Let me forgive you this time. But when this happens again, I’ll get you.”

“I will keep it in mind, Your Majesty.”

Aristia was so heartbroken when he turned back coldly after warning her. What did she do to Jieun? She didn’t do anything. She just tried to understand her.

“Oh, you are here.”

“What’s the matter?”

“I have been looking for you for a long time because there are some papers you need to sign urgently. As the emperor is not available, we can’t handle lots of stuff…”

“…Really? Got it. Let’s go back. ”

Aristia glanced at the chief palace official blankly. Papers that need urgent signing, and the affairs of the palace office that don’t run smoothly without her. That’s the value of her existence. She was supposed to make up for the empress Jieun's role as she is not yet accustomed to the royal manners and customs. And that’s why Aristia was here at the palace.

If not for that, Emperor Ruvelius would have thrown her out.

Telling the official with a sigh to walk ahead of her, she followed the palace affairs, ignoring the tears dropping on her dress.
.
.
.
The next day came by and Jieun came running into Aristia's office. She looked as if something urgent had happened.

Jieun stood in front of her desk and asked. “Tia, are you the emperor’s concubine?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 13.5K 61
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
119K 242 89
Erotic shots
276K 38.5K 20
လက်တွေ့ဘဝနှင့် နီးစပ်ချင်ယောင်ဆောင်ခြင်း
45.1K 702 16
DELULU & GUILT PLEASURE