Your Love is My Burden

By DarkerCloudssss

Long ago, the legend began. Somewhere not so far away lived a beautiful kingdom that was called Hyrule. All w... More

The Agony of Your Eyes
The Woods of Freedom
I Can't See You Yet
Volumes Don't Speak To Silence
Whenever You're Ready
Demons Stunt Growth
Worthlessness Can Define You
Words Can Cut Down Walls
A Snap Into Your Thoughts
Emotion Filled Embrace
Why Should I?
Freedom to Speak
I Don't Love You
Self Liar
Until This Moment
Save It For The Gallows, Traitor!
Loving You Was A Fantasy
A Breath Into Death
My Princess
A Deathly Resurrection
The Risk We're Willing To Take
My Love Taken Away
A Watery Revival

You'll Lose Me

104 4 3
By DarkerCloudssss

"My father's plans are finished. I had sealed them with a kiss that day. Somehow my father had managed to find someone who could erase the memories that me and Link had created through these several months. The kiss would activate that very thing. Link knew that this would happen because as we were reunited in the forest, Fi was talking to him about this tragic spell that was cast upon him. If I had just waited a few more seconds for Fi to finish, Link still would've had his memories. It didn't matter now. Link was the same silent person he always was. He's still hiding so much. This could possibly be an opportunity to find out more about him quickly but now the stakes are much higher than before. Instead of getting him to open up the same way that I did last time, I must explore the new pathways that were created by this mess. I have to know more about the sword's chosen one." My hands shook as I wrote that last sentence into my diary, tears threatening to fall as I stared down at nothing. I breathed in, standing up slowly from my desk, looking out the window in front of me, wanting to focus on anything else. My father was thrilled seeing me so broken by this that he put Link on the duty of watching me 24-7. It didn't matter what I was doing or where I was, he was always there. I always felt his eyes on me. The mistake that I made haunted me but I still had everything that I needed to get Link back to where he was only a couple days ago. I sighed, thinking of something that I could possibly do different this time that would still cause him to speak.

"I know... you're ignoring me. I know what my father has asked of you, I understand the things in place as of now but I also know that you don't understand why my father put those rules in place. I know that it would've come as a surprise to you because in your head it didn't make sense. To be honest, it doesn't make any more sense to me." I began, turning around to look at Link on the other side of the room. He flinched a bit, shifting the weight he had been putting on his right leg.

"I'm not stupid. I know you talk. You're not mute. If I said something that shocked you, you would react. If I hit you, you would personally tell me to stop. You're not emotionless, you're not silent... you choose to be because of my father's idiotic rules." I finished, seeing Link's hands clenched into fists. His gaze moved from me to the ground. He's thinking again. I wonder... There's only one way to find out. I advanced forwards towards Link.

"Seeing as my previous attempts went to waste, I guess I will have to take more drastic measures." I knew this wasn't a good idea but I had to try something. I had been wearing one of the tunics that I found in one of my drawers because the maids mixed up the laundry but now I would easily remove it to see how Link would process this. I grabbed the bottom of my shirt, lifting it up slowly as I talked.

"Hopefully this will get you to speak-" Before I could even finish my sentence, Link grabbed the bottom of my shirt, glaring at me. He lost his emotionless self. Could... he be persuaded if I continued?

"Let go." I said, trying to sound monotone to annoy him. He was shocked by that. He gave me a look that said "are you kidding me" or "have you lost your mind?" It was quite funny to watch but even after I told him to let go, he didn't.

"I thought knights were supposed to listen-"

"I'd rather not listen to someone who's trying to seduce me. Maybe if you stopped being so empty-headed, I might try uttering a single sigh to you. To answer your "previous attempts" I have no desire in seeing any of you, let alone hearing you speak. You've said enough. Regardless of the king's orders, I am loyal to him. Not to your brainless attempts to try and get me in bed with you." Link finished, letting my shirt go. That... was not what I wanted but I could go along with it. I rolled my eyes, sighing a bit.

"You're no fun to joke around with." I said, looking straight up at him, not intimidated at all. He was very close to me at this point since he was less than arm's-length away from me. He shook his head in disbelief.

"Yeah sure... Like I'm gonna believe you after you threatened to flash me. Fun fact of the day, you're not even that pretty." Link finished with as much sarcasm as he could possibly show, about to turn around and go back to his post but I grabbed his arm, pulling him closer than before.

"I could have you thrown into jail for that statement. You sure you don't want to take it back with a kiss?" I teased, knowing I was somehow getting through to him. His face said two different things. He was annoyed and very confused but he also had a slight hint of curiosity and a want for attention.

"No, I'm good. I'd rather make out with you." Link said as sarcastically as he could possibly utter. I laughed a bit, finding this situation to be very strange but I didn't hate it. Link also slightly smiled but quickly corrected himself by frowning once more. I never realized how hard I had to work at first to even get him to show the faintest spark of emotion. Link turned to go back to his post again but this time I grabbed his hand, a thought coming to my mind.

"Can I... um..." I lost myself in the thought of this working. My father had lied to me so much as a kid and for once... just maybe... he had lied about this too. I had to try it but I wasn't going to force Link into any of this.

"You okay?" Link said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him, seeing the same compassionate expression that he always had on after I got him to fully open up. It brought tears to my eyes before I could even control myself.

"I'm... fine. I know... this isn't going to make any sense when I say this." I started, knowing that he would either not believe me or completely trust me by the end of this.

"You don't... remember this. I know... you're gonna think I'm crazy but you deserve to know that... I... Never mind. I'm sorry-"

"What? Is it about my father? I don't want to know-" His father?

"No no! It was... my father... he... You can't remember anything about our relationship besides meeting today right?" I asked, knowing that this was not going to go well.

"Well... yeah cause we met today... right?" Link said, looking at me. I didn't answer him. I realized that going into this topic would make him go insane. He might lose it. The father thing... I didn't know about that well but his expression was changing rapidly. There's only a matter of time before he snaps.

"My father... he..." I couldn't finish before I broke down into tears. I couldn't help it. I wanted so badly to be with him.

"What happened?" Link asked, keeping calm though I could tell that he was worried.

"Can I just try something first before I tell you? I know for a fact that you'll lose it. You won't be able to function anymore because your whole life is a lie right now and I don't want you to have that realization because it will hurt you so much and-" Link lifted my chin so that I made eye contact with him.

"Just do... whatever you feel like doing." He said calmly. Nothing would stop me then. I closed distance between us almost before he could even get those words out, wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him deeply. Link stumbled backwards a couple steps out of shock. I wasn't in a place to stop what I was doing. I had to believe that this was going to work. If my father had never once told the truth, then he lied about this too. I deepened the kiss further which only caused my head to spin but there was something off about this. Something was wrong. Link separated, moving my arms off of him, his emotionless self present. Tears streamed down my face, knowing that it hadn't worked at all. He might as well be worse off by the way he looked at me. Please don't leave me. I can't... do this.

"Don't worry Princess." A voice said softly who I recognized as Fi. Link practically jumped out of his skin, unsheathing his sword fast, looking around frantically until his eyes saw the now glowing blue sword in his hands. Fi continued.

"Link isn't lost. You know that. Your thoughts and the power from the goddess are just in their reasoning. Something is-"

"Who-" Link couldn't even finish his sentence before a strange blue glow lifted out of the sword, forming a strange unknown figure. I had seen this before but it's almost as if I can see it more clearly. She's here. Link moved to get in front of me but Fi was quicker and instead stole Link's sword out of his hands with her blue power.

"As I was saying, Something was not done right. The heaviness of the curse you felt was only there because the one who you want is no longer able to reach you. Something that your father did not know is by placing the spell upon Link, it would cause a disability to receive his memories from you. The person who is causing this wall is none other than the demon lord himself. Link will not-" Fi was once again interrupted by Link.

"Calamity Ganon? How is that even possible? He hasn't returned yet." Link stated, still not trusting this situation.

"He's here?" I asked, also curious about this whole situation at hand.

"He's not here but his army is. Link has fought them multiple times on your journey. They are all connected straight to Ganon. Ganon has free rein over every single one of those creatures. That includes changing into what your father called his personal alchemist." Fi finished, looking towards Link. He looked down slowly, clearly thinking very hard.

"So how do we solve this problem? Will Link never be the same-" Fi must have heard my thoughts more clearly than my words. I was panicking more than I wanted to admit.

"There's one way. The vision in which you had was a challenge to you. Now, you must face Link himself. The vision in which I give you will worsen things. If you are defeated by Link, there's no way that you'll ever get him back but if you succeed, everything will go back to normal-"

"I'm not fighting the princess-" Fi stretched her hand out towards Link, sending a blue mist after him swiftly. Link drew his dagger, trying to swing at it but it didn't matter. The mist went around the blade. Link gasped before the mist overtook him. His head fell limp and his hand dropped the dagger, it clanged on the floor.

"Where did you send him?" I asked, somewhat worried. Fi sighed, looking at me.

"He's with Ganon now. You must go save him. It was only a matter of time before he would snap. Ganon was plotting something serious against you. He had your knight to finish the job but now, it's time for you to stop that plan. He needs your help." Fi finished, walking over to me, grabbing my hand gently, walking me over towards Link, putting my hand in his.

"I can't get you there since you're not connected to Ganon but you know how to get there. Your heart will know where to go. Link will not be the same person he was with you. He's going to do a great many things that will hurt you but remember, he's not in his right mind. He can't think for himself because Ganon knows that if he let him do such a thing, Link would find the way to escape. Do not fear anything. The only thing that can hurt you is your knight." Fi said, disappearing back into the sword. Chills traveled up and down my spine. To enter... the place where Ganon lies... How... awful. I looked back towards Link, moving in front of him, intertwining our fingers slowly with the hand that was holding Link's. My other hand moved up to cup his face. His eyes were closed and his expression was peaceful yet I knew for a fact that he was suffering behind the mask that Ganon had put onto his face. I exhaled, standing on my toes to reach his ear, whispering softly.

"I'm going to come and rescue you. I'm not afraid of you. I know I'm going to get you back here. I'm sorry... so sorry." And with that, I lifted his chin only slightly, sealing the world in front of me with one single kiss.

"I'll be waiting... but you underestimate Him. He's not what you think. I know... you'll lose me... but I'm sure... you already knew that too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 120 27
"I'm one hundred percent sure," he replied as he carefully took my hands in his. "Everything will be fine, I promise." +++ Link and Zelda are running...
133K 2.1K 30
~This is a COMPLETED fan-made sequel to Breath of the Wild and Zelink fanfic~ It has been six months after the defeat of Calamity Ganon. Peace and re...
23.3K 337 10
Summary: With Ganon destroyed, the Champions gone, and Zelda crowned Queen, Link ponders his future and works to recover a past love. This story begi...
135K 3K 59
Before the Great Calamity, Zelda and Link travel amongst Hyrule together. They must learn to tolerate each other on their journey. Zelda, having bare...