Merry F***ing Christmas

By DeviousDevilxx

The holidays are meant to be spent with loved ones yeah? Well Duff found himself filing for divorce after a d... More

Merry Fucking Christmas!

81 4 0
By DeviousDevilxx

He didn't stick around to listen to Mandy's protests and pleading. Duff was done, he was over it. The constant bickering left Duff exhausted, wound up, dissatisfied and nothing they did seemed to work. Couples therapy? Well Duff was never around long enough to try being away on tour for their debut album Appetite for Destruction, opening shows from some of the biggest rock bands around only to steal the spotlight becoming more a headliner than opener. 

Truthfully the marriage was a rather hasty decision on their part, sure they dated for almost a year before he proposed. Duff was a romantic at heart, thinking Mandy was THE one to start a family but all they did was party, drink, and fuck. Their relationship hardly had a foundation not based in music and partying. So when they settled down to start married life, well it was just partying, fucking, and now fighting when he wasn't away. And for most of their marriage he was away on tour. 

The accusations of infidelity began immediately, a week or more after he left their honeymoon, taking almost half a week off of the tour to wed, surrounded by family, to jetting off days later to join his bandmates. He promised her he'd behave, groupies weren't his thing, he'd be faithful and honest. 

Drunk Duff was a whole other story. Soon the nightly calls came and the over the phone arguments erupted. Some nights he opted to ignore the phone, even yanking the cord out of the wall of the hotel room just so she couldn't call if she wanted to. 

Now the tour had ended the home he returned to was all strife, misery, and fights. So he drank, went out of the guys, his friends, other bands, jamming until late, returning home when Mandy was asleep. Their marriage was a failure that same week it began. It never had a chance. Neither were ready for the commitment, or prepared for the fame that Guns n Roses received. 

Finally as the holidays began, Duff was at the end of the line. He was done. There was no salvaging this. Unfortunately from the brief conversation with the lawyer from Geffin he was given stated that the divorce would be messy especially if Mandy could prove he was unfaithful on tour. She'd get a hefty settlement and alimony. Fuck! 

He decided whatever it took financially would be worth it. Duff wanted her out of his life. A fresh start. So as a Christmas gift he served her divorce papers and walked out. 

That was a shitty move, he knew that but was past the point of caring. 

With a bottle of vodka in hand he walked out, chugging the clear burning liquor down his throat. Liquid courage yadda yadda etc etc.

 Suddenly realizing the gravity of the situation, Duff nearly had another panic attack and stumbled down the road to a payphone where he called a cab. Once it arrived, the very drunk Duff with his bottle of vodka gave the cab driver a very specific address. 

Slash was lazing around in his underwear, his cat purring contently at his side as he watched the old black and white Charles Dicken's a Christmas Carol on the television. He spent all yesterday with his mother's family, returning late, and sleeping in. Later today he was gonna meet up with his girlfriend's family for dinner. Ugh. Meeting the parents was an anxiety inducing endeavor. It meant putting on some decent clothes.

He liked this girl well enough but they just started dating a month ago. Felt like things were progressing to fast for the smooth guitarist. 

Cradling a glass of whiskey, Slash was about to change the channel finding the old movie a bore when his doorbell rang. 

Oh fuck it better not be carolers! 

Hearing no singing, Slash wandered over to the door, opening it expecting his girl but instead found a very smashed Duff at his door step. 

"Dude what are you doing here? I thought you and Mandy were going to her parents for Christmas?" 

"I left her, actually no I fucking served her divorce papers!!" Duff blurted. 

Oh shit! Slash immediately beckoned Duff to come inside. The tall lanky bassist was unsteady on his feet, holding a half empty vodka bottle. As Duff stumbled in, Slash snatched the bottle from him, setting it aside. 

"Let's have some coffee man, you're wasted." 

"Mmh yeah maybe add some whiskey in mine!"

"You've had enough to drink," Slash stated pointing out Duff's state. 

"When did you decide to be a buzzkill man! We've drank more together than this!" 

"Well usually because we've come off the stage and wanna have fun. You're not having fun Duff, you just served your wife divorce papers on fucking Christmas! That's cold as fuck!" 

"She fucking deserved it Slash!"

"Mhm," Slash preferred to keep his nose out of the romantic business of his bandmates, especially Axl and his girl Erin. 

"Nothing I did was good enough, she blamed me for everything. I tried to be good, a good husband man." Duff wobbled over to the kitchen island, ungracefully settling on to a stool. 

"Uh huh," Slash started up the coffee maker. 

"Fucking Hell she was such a bitch whenever I came home. Accusing me of this or that. I know she was fucking behind my back too! Aw shit...I really wanted a happy marriage Slash! I really did!" 

Then came the tears. Slash froze as he pulled out a couple of mugs. 

"Hey Duff, it'll be okay. There are plenty of good women out there for ya buddy!" Slash weakly tried to comfort his friend. 

"I'm a fucking fool Slash..."

Maybe so. 

Slash poured them both some coffee, Duff continued to ask for whiskey in his. Fine, let him drink into oblivion. The guy was heartbroken even if he was the one who initiated the split. It was still hard to break up with someone, and he and Mandy were together for about two years. 

Duff was a mess, and Slash knew he couldn't leave his best friend alone. Not today. 

His girl was less sympathetic and understanding, giving his ear a mouthful, shouting and accusing him of not wanting to meet her parents, and Duff was just an excuse to get out of the dinner. 

The call ended with a 'Fuck you Slash'. 

It was no skin off Slash's back to lose her. He'd find another, as would Duff! 

After that call, he found Duff still crying even harder. Shit he'd never seen Duff so down before. He'd been there for Duff when he had a panic attack but this was gut wrenching sobs. Duff's usually pale face was red and wet from tears. Immediately Slash hustled over with a box of tissues. 

Duff grabbed a few, wiping his face, his breath ragged from the sobs, "Thanks. Oh shit Slash I'm sorry you probably have plans, fuck! I can leave, or can I just sleep in your spare bedroom, I won't be a bother. I just need someplace to crash, you go about your business today forget I'm here!"

"Nah Duff, I cancelled my plans, you need me more. I saw my family last night, I can see my dad tomorrow. It's fine."

"What about your girl?"

Slash shrugged, "it wasn't that serious."

Duff hiccupped. It was cute. Duff was cute honestly. Slash always appreciated the bassist's lanky looks. The moment they first met the chemistry sparked between them. Sharing vodka in the bathrooms of Canter's cemented something between them, something unshakeable and strong, binding them together even if their first band never took off. Duff was a constant in his life since that day, and Slash never felt lonely or lost with Duff at his side. 

"I'm sorry I'm being such a mess..."

Slash chuckled, "Dude it's fine!" 

He slung his arm around Duff's bony narrow shoulders, resting his curly head on Duff, "We're gonna spent the holidays together, just you and I! Whatever we wanna do! No girls to hold us back! We can have all the debauched and crazy fun we want. We're fucking Guns n Roses! The world is our oyster!" 

That made Duff crack a smile, "You sure?"

"Fuck yeah I'm sure. You're my best friend Duff, I'd do anything to make you feel better and forget Mandy!"

Duff titled his head against Slash's and sighed contently. Yeah he made the right choice coming over to Slash's. 

After another cup of coffee both spiked with whiskey, Slash dragged Duff over to the couch so they could watch another Christmas movie, then Die Hard which Slash bought on VHS. It was kinda a Christmas movie if you squinted. Nothing like a good fun action movie to take one's mind off a divorce. Oh and weed and lots of booze. 

Slash ordered them Chinese take-out, and they continued to lounge on the couch watching movies, making jokes, and jibes at the stupid television ads or on MTV's music videos of bands they despised. 

As Christmas Day turned into night, Slash and Duff found themselves cozying up on the couch under a shared blanket until after some time, Duff nestled against Slash's shoulder fell asleep. Slash didn't want to move, instead deciding he too was gonna sleep on the couch with his best friend. 

Gently maneuvering Duff so his head rested on Slash's chest, Slash planted a soft kiss on Duff's head before settling himself into a comfortable position. 

"Good night Duff, Merry Fucking Christmas!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 43.7K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
124K 2.4K 22
Caleo fan fic :) doesn't need much explaining. It's just a small fanfic about Leo finding his love, calypso <3
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
319K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc