A Bad Start - A Story By Fari...

Ladyfaree

'No, it can't be. It really is a joke, right?' Shazia asked under her breath, looking at the other women for... Еще

Chapter 1 - A Bad Start
Chapter 2 - The Promise
Chapter 3 - The News
Chapter 4 - The Flashback
Chapter 5 - Pearls Bistro
Chapter 6 - Husna
Chapter 7 - The Confession
Chapter 8 - The El-Muneer Story
Chapter 9 - From Tanko To El-Muneer
Chapter 10 - The Portrait
Chapter 11 - Goodbye!
Chapter 12 - Shazia Meets Amir
Chapter 13 - Crash!
Chapter 15 - Oh Adila!!
Chapter 16 - Mrs. N
Chapter 17 - The Abduction!
Chapter 18 - Shaleed Or Khazia??
Chapter 19 - Fate
Chapter 20 - Amir And Shazia
Chapter 21 - Mujaheed!!
Chapter 22 - Life
Chapter 23 - Shazia El-Muneer!!
Chapter 24 - The Appointment
Chapter 25 - Mr. And Mrs. Aadeel
Chapter 26 - PayBack..
Chapter 27 - Fahad El-Muneer
Chapter 28 - Forgiveness
Chapter 29 - The Mask Party
Chapter 30 - Decency!
Chapter 31 - Marital Bliss
Writer's Note 💜

Chapter 14 - Cairo

51 11 2
Ladyfaree

'Wake up Darling!' Fahad tapped his sister on the shoulder.

'What? What happened?' She woke up confused.

'We just landed at Cairo International Airport'. He informed her.

'We did? How? When?' She asked, looking around, still confused. 'We did, alhamdu lilLah!' She hugged Fahad excitedly. It was then she realised after the pilot announced they were about to begin their descent, she must have fallen asleep. She was glad that the crash was just a nightmare!

After clearance, Fahad and Shazia proceeded to the airport parking lot where the drivers, Uncle Waleed and his wife were waiting for them. Pleasantries were exchanged and they all headed home.

Fahad and Shazia took a shower in their individual rooms, prayed and later came down for dinner.

'I am so delighted to see you both'. Uncle Waleed informed them. 'We haven't seen you in a while'.

'Sorry Uncle'. Fahad apologised.

'It's okay, I understand how busy everyone is'.

'How was your trip?' Their Uncle's wife, Hajiya Zahra managed to ask.

'It was amazing, thank you'. Shazia replied.

'Good! Now let's have dinner'. Their Uncle said, leading the way to the dining section.

'Uncle you waited this late for us without dinner?' Fahad asked.

'We can't have dinner without waiting for your safe arrival'. He informed Fahad who nodded.

Uncle Waleed and Hajiya Zahra were blessed with 5 children. Adam, Nabila, Ali, Zulaiha and Anisa. All but Anisa, the last born who is Shazia's age mate, are married.

There was much chit-chat and laughter between them and their uncle as they had dinner. Anisa and Hajiya Zahra ate in silence, they couldn't be bothered by Shazia's presence. Afterwards, everyone retired for the night.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

City Stars Mall - 23rd October, 2018

After breakfast, Fahad informed their Uncle about their shopping date and that they'd be having lunch and dinner out. The Uncle and Aunt wished them well and they left.

Fahad and Shazia arrived at the Mall at 11am and immediately began shopping. They prayed, had lunch and continued shopping. Shopping with Fahad is always fun for Shazia and though they don't do that much, she always appreciates it whenever he takes time out of his busy schedule to accompany her.

By 7pm, Shazia was done getting everything she needed and Fahad was impressed.

'I must admit, my baby sister is now a full grown woman'. He teased, pulling her cheeks. 'Who would have thought we would finish shopping in a day?!'

'Yes yaya, I am now a big girl'. She responded, laughing cheerily.

'You deserve a treat. Let's have dinner, get your favourite at Baskin Robbins and then head home'.

'Beach day and Ube coconut swirl?'. She screamed excitedly like a little girl. Fahad nodded, smiling. 'Just ice cream and brownies are okay'.

The duo had ice cream and brownies, prayed and were home some minutes after 8.

'Assalamu alaikum. Good evening'. The servants greeted as they dropped the shopping bags and left.

'Assalamu alaikum. Good evening Uncle and Aunt'. Shazia and Fahad chorused as they stepped into the living room.

'Wa alaikumussalam. Welcome back'. They responded. 'I can see you had a busy day'. Uncle Waleed who was looking at the shopping bags added, laughing.

'Yes we did. And it was fun, thank you'. Shazia replied, smiling. 'Where's Anisa please? She asked, looking around. 'I got something for her'.

'She's sleeping over at a friend's house'. Hajiya Zahra answered. Shazia only nodded with mixed feelings.

'Let's get the things to the room darling'. Fahad instantly informed his sister.

'Okay'. She smiled.

As they were about to pick up the bags, Hajiya Zahra hesitantly rang the bell and 3 servants came running into the living room.

'Take the bags to Shazia's room'. She ordered.

'Yes ma'am'. They responded, hurriedly packing up the bags.

'Thank you. Goodnight Uncle and Aunt'. Shazia mouthed.

'Have a good night's rest'. Uncle Waleed responded.

Fahad and Shazia got to her room and he helped his sister to unpack the bags. He noticed how moody she was - even though she tried hard to hide it - and he did his best to cheer her up by telling her funny jokes as they unpacked.

'I'll be right back'. He informed her when they were done putting everything away.

Minutes later, Fahad came back with 3 large shopping bags. 'Here you go'. He handed them to her. Shazia sat mouth agape as she read what was written on each bag.

'Awww! Haal Inc., Hessa Alfalasi and Chador (Riyadh)?? 3 of my favourite Abaya designers!!'. Shazia exclaimed excitedly. 'Yaya, you are the best'. She jumped, hugging him. 'When did you get them?'.

'The packages arrived today. Before we went out, I informed the security guards that I was expecting some parcels and that they should be kept in my room'. He explained.

'I can't thank you enough. Thank you so much'. She said, still hugging him.

'I hope you like them'.

'I trust your choice and I know I'll love them'. She smiled, as she began unpacking one of the bags . 'They are many'. She uttered.

'Not really, I only bought 10 of each'.

'30 Abayas from the world's best Yaya? You spent a lot. May Allah SWT replenish your pocket in thousand folds'.

'Anything for my darling. There are 20 from the Chi-Ka collection arriving in 2 days' time God willing'. He informed her. Chi-Ka Collection is Shazia's best designer so he saved the information for the last.

'Oh my God!! Yaya, you've nailed the best brother of the Century award as always'. She said hugging him again.

Fahad was just so glad his sister was happy. He knew how much she loved these 4 Abaya brands and he could spend a fortune on them.

They talked for a while before bidding each other goodnight.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

American University in Cairo - 29th October, 2018.

Fahad did Shazia's registration early September but couldn't inform her that she was leaving for school because at that time, her family felt she wasn't in the right state of mind. They felt she needed more time, but as classes had already begun, they had no choice but to 'send' her off to the school - Besides, she can't keep wallowing in self-pity! To Fahad's greatest delight, she settled into her new school well.

It was a Monday and Fahad had picked up Shazia from the school. She was done with lectures for the day and they were at Charlie's Restaurant for Lunch.

A waitress came to their table and after the normal exchange of pleasantries, she asked them what they wanted.

'I'll have roasted boneless chicken and Cafe latte please'. Shazia ordered.

'And I'll have Charlie's wings, Creamy chicken fettuccine  and Charlie's Espresso please'. Fahad paused. 'Then we'll have baked cheesecake and oreo banoffee for dessert'. He informed the waitress and she immediately left to get their order.

'So how were lectures today, darling?' He asked.

'It was really great, Yaya, alhamdu lilLah'. She started with twinkling eyes, as she narrated how her day went to her brother.

'I am glad you like the school'. He verbalised sincerely.

'Yes Yaya, I really do. Thank you so much for everything'. She thanked him wholeheartedly.

'What are brothers for?'. Just then, two waitresses brought their dishes and carefully arranged them on the table. They bowed respectively and left.

'I'm famished!' Shazia uttered as she took a sip of her Cafe Latte and almost immediately dug into her food. Fahad smiled.

'I'll be leaving for Nigeria tomorrow God willing'. Fahad informed her once they were done eating, as they waited for their dessert.

'Yaya, already?' She asked with her eyes wide. 'But it's only been 7 days?'.

'I'm sorry darling, I have no choice. I'll come visit soon'.

'It's okay'. She told him, trying so much to hide her emotions. She knew her brother had to leave but she just didn't know it was that soon. But now that he was leaving the next day, she had to act strong so he'll not stay back because of her - she didn't want to be selfish. Fahad is always there for her no matter his plans and she felt stopping him from leaving will not be fair! 'I totally understand'. She gave him a genuine smile.

'Thank you'. He mouthed, passing the oreo banoffee to her. 'I have a surprise for you when we get home'.

'I can't wait to see it'. She voiced excitedly.

They finished their meal in silence - different thoughts racing through their minds, settled their bills and left for their uncle's house.

Fahad parked just outside the gate and turned to face his little sister holding a handkerchief. 'I'll have to blindfold you now'. He informed her.

'But Yaya I can simply close my eyes'. She pouted with puppy dog eyes.

'Darling, I know you.. You'll keep opening your eyes and then giving me cute faces whenever I protest'. He giggled.

'I won't give you the face'. She assured him, still making puppy dog eyes at him.

'You are already doing that! I am not falling for those today'.

'Fine, you can blindfold me'. She burst into fits of laughter.

Fahad blindfolded her and drove into the compound. He parked the car, opened her door for her to walk out and guided her to a spot before telling her, 'Okay, now I'll remove the blindfold'.

Shazia found herself staring at a brand new silver Mercedes Benz 2019 C300 coupe. 'Oh my God! I love you Yaya'. She screamed, jumping to hug him.

'I am sorry I didn't get you something more expensive, I know how you don't like attention'.

'Are you kidding me? I love, love it, Yaya. Thank you so much'. She was still holding on tight to him.

'Here are your keys'.

'Can we go for a test drive now?!' she asked excitedly.

'I think it's late'. Shazia pouted. 'However, I am leaving for the airport at 9am..' Fahad continued. 'You can take me there, okay?'.

'Okay!' she smiled. 'Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the gift.

'Do I have to always remind you that as your elder brother you don't have to thank me?' He pulled her cheeks before pecking her on the forehead. 'May you always be happy darling'. He prayed, hugging her.

When Shazia got to her room, there were 3 gift boxes waiting for her. She smiled while opening them. There were wristwatches, jewelry and makeup stuff. 'Oh my dearest brother, may Allah SWT continue to bless you'. She silently prayed, wiping tears from her eyes.

As promised, the next morning. Shazia took him to the airport before going to school.

'I'll really miss you Yaya'. She said, with tears in her eyes.

He wiped her tears with his thumbs and kissed her forehead. 'I'll be back soon God willing'.

End of Chapter 14

Phew!! 🥵 So Fahad and Shazia didn't die, thank God.
Yaya Fahad is going back to Nigeria 🤧

Please like, comment and share.
Thank you

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

It was meant to be Ananyamalhotra02

Любовные романы

90.7K 4.3K 31
Have you ever happened to loathe someone so much that you couldn't even stand them. Well yes, it did happen with Aayat and Zayan. They had the most...
Destined to be Together Insha Akber

Любовные романы

31.5K 1.4K 68
The tale of separation and reunion of two childhood friends who were destined to be together. ________________________________ It's a story of two ch...
5.8K 590 36
# 1 in Destiny series __________________ "Who do you think you're? she asked "Rishte main toh hum apke shohar lagte hain" I replied ...
In A Quest For Love Faridah Usman

Любовные романы

325K 44.2K 48
In life, we don't always get what we want. Falling in love is a great feeling. Being loved in return is even a more greater feeling. But not bein...