š‘­š’š’–š’“š’•š’‰ š’š’‡ š‘±š’–š’š’š |...

By Imaginebooks

ā i have only ever been good at one thing anger anger is all i have been good at āž hermes x oc pre-lightning... More

o. fourth of july
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.

xvii.

14.3K 777 189
By Imaginebooks

seventeen ── storms

𝕷uke knew, deep in his heart, that what he was doing was stupid. He knew that he shouldn't be doing this, that his mom would be angry, and disappointed. But quite frankly, Luke couldn't care less.

Not even with the unfinished pile of homework next to him, with some pieces that were due in for the next few days.

No, Luke didn't care. He wanted to play video games, so he was going to play video games, and he'd deal with his mom's annoyance about that later.

"Luke!"

Or maybe sooner.

Scrambling, Luke managed to shove the computer away from him, turn it off and grab his pen to start writing just as Eden knocked on the door.

"Luke, can I come in?"

"Sure." Leaning back in his chair, Luke grinned as his mom stepped into his room. "Is it dinner?"

"No, got another half an hour for that. Just wanted to check in." Eden sat on Luke's bed, folding her legs up beneath her as she watched him. "Everything alright?"

"What?"

"You seem a little jumpy." Eden stated, and if Luke turned around, he'd find that Eden was grinning as she looked at their golden retriever. "I was just wondering if everything was alright?"

"Course, everything's fine." Luke nodded, far too quickly as Eden stood and leant over his shoulder. 

"I can see the video game tab open." Eden grinned, before pressing a kiss to his curly hair. "Also, it's gonna rain tonight, so anything that you have outside, needs to be in."

"Ah shit." Luke cussed as Eden chuckled and pressed another kiss to his curly hair. "My ice hockey stuff's outside."

"Go get it and then homework, I mean it, Luke." Eden replied, as Luke huffed and stood, following his mom down the stairs. As she went back to the living room with Bradley, Luke grabbed his coat and hurried outside onto the patio. Heading around the side of the large house, he dragged the makeshift goal (that he had left set up in the driveway) into the garage, followed by his hockey sticks and pucks.

Carrying on, Luke paused, noticing something from the corner of his eye. His eyes narrowed, knowing that he didn't have his dagger on him - he hadn't needed one at home for a long time now, so he never carried it. 

Stepping back into the shadows, Luke watched the gate cautiously, his eyes narrowing as thunder rumbled over his head. The door beside him opened, and Eden stepped out.

"What's the matter?"

"What?"

"I saw you freeze," She replied, looking around as he did, her hand on his shoulder. Luke hummed, doing a final look around. "Everything alright?"

"Something feels off." Luke muttered in response, as Bradley growled from behind them. Eden looked around once more, before pulling her phone out and calling someone.

"Hey, it's me." Someone seemed to reply. "Something's off here, in a sense. Can you come?"

They spoke for a few more seconds, before she hung up and turned to Luke.

"Hermes is coming." For once, Luke didn't protest. He didn't like this feeling, and he wanted his mom to be safe. He didn't think he'd be able to protect her on his own, so having Hermes there would be safer. They waited outside for a few more moments, before something shimmered to the right of them, and Hermes appeared.

He had a backpack slung over his shoulder, dressed in combat boots, a long sleeved shirt and cargo trousers. From a distance, even Luke could see the similarities between them, but there was a darker look in Hermes' eyes.

"Luke. Eden." Hermes jogged towards them, looking around carefully. His eyes narrowed, picking up on the same thing his son did most likely, and urging them towards the house. "We should stay inside."

Eden nodded, already in the house, hurrying to make sure the doors were locked and the windows all closed. Luke paused, closing the garage carefully, before a hand was placed on his back, steering him inside.

He hissed in response.

"Sorry, sorry." Hermes removed his hand quickly, closing and locking the door. "I don't want to invade your home. I know you don't want me here."

"I don't. But you'll protect mom, so unfortunately, you have to be here." Luke huffed in response. "Otherwise, I wouldn't want to see you."

"I know, I know. I'll stay out of your way." Hermes nodded, as Luke gave him one final glare and hurried off to find and stay by his mother's side. Eden was looking out across the back garden, before her hand found Luke's shoulder and she pulled him into her side. 

"I know you don't want Hermes here but..." Eden trailed off, looking down at Luke. "Your safety's more important to me at the moment. I can't protect you if this is a monster, or something like that."

"I know." Luke muttered, before glaring over his shoulder at Hermes, who was hovering nervously in the doorway. "But that doesn't mean I have to interact with him."

"Don't stab him and I'll be happy."

"That means you can't punch him again." Luke pointed out, as Eden chuckled.

"Smart ass."

☾☼☽

"This is the spare room." Eden opened the door for Hermes. "I put some sheets on, towels on the bed, left a toothbrush and stuff in the bathroom." Eden explained, pointing things out. "Didn't know if gods needed that sort of stuff."

"Yeah, still need to keep our teeth clean." Hermes joked gently, shooting a look back down the hall.

"Luke's room's on the left, the one with the sign of the door." Eden pointed out. "If you want to go in, knock on the door. Wait for him to let you in, it's respectful."

"I know that."

"Well, you did tried to convince him to run away, sorry if my lack of trust is low." Eden replied, as Hermes shot her a small smile. "What? Bad timing?"

"Excellent comedic timing." Hermes replied. "I'll keep an eye on things, I don't sleep all that much."

"Like father, like son." Eden muttered. "Luke barely sleeps sometimes."

"He's got nightmares." Hermes replied. "Most demigods do."

"My room's just down the corridor. My door's normally open," Eden shrugged. "Don't try and wake me. I've got work."

"Wasn't planning on it." Hermes replied, as Eden left him alone, walking back to her room. "Oh, Eden."

"Hmm?" The girl turned, looking at Hermes with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you or Luke." Hermes stated simply. "I promise."

"For once, I trust you." Eden replied, before jumping at the thunder and lightning outside. "The sky is really pissed today."

"Zeus isn't pleased, that's true." Hermes replied, as Eden was reminded that there were other gods alive and roaming around. The thunder cracked again, and Hermes winced, before shaking his head. "I'm technically not supposed to be here right now. Zeus banned us from interacting with our children."

"What?" Eden turned, looking up at Hermes with wide eyes. "You're banned?"

"Zeus has no children, so doesn't want any other gods to give their own children a boost to be able to overthrow him. He's a paranoid man." Hermes sighed. "Just, to the ones of us who do have children, it's not easy. We're not allowed to help out our children, no matter the circumstances."

"You're breaking a lot of rules being here?"

"You bet." Hermes grinned. "Good night Eden. Sleep well."

Eden watched Hermes retreat into his room, the door closing behind him, her mind whirring. The more she learnt about the other gods, the more worried she became for her son and the feeling that she got outside was not serving her well. Thunder had her hurrying back to her room, diving under the cover to protect herself.

☾☼☽

Hiya,

So, it's been a while, but Luke is a sweetheart and things aren't going well. We're about to have a lot of fun with this little plot line - you guys might not have as much fun.

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 1K 12
ā you're really beautiful, annie, you know that? āž ā shut your fucking face, castellan. āž ā”ā”ā”ā”ā”ā” š—œš—” š—Ŗš—›š—œš—–š—› . . . š–„” Ż Ė–Ö“ ā”ā”ā”ā”ā”ā” š—暝—µš—¶š—®š—»š—»š—¼...
100K 5.4K 22
ā our hands are light blue and gentle our eyes are full of terrible confessions āž āˆ˜ā˜½ą¼“ā˜¾āˆ˜ In which she shined as brightly as ...
43.9K 1.1K 43
get me with those green eyes as the lights go down gimme something that'll haunt me when you're not around cause i see sparks fly whenever you sm...
50.6K 874 14
"How could you? After everything you said to me, after everything I told you!" I say with tears in my eyes. "Join me. You'll understand. We could be...