Finding Carla

By CYDream1

She was living an ordinary life until he came into her life.... The past that she has always known may not be... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Tennessee Whiskey
Chapter 2 - Alita Battle Angel
Chapter 3 - Finding You
Chapter 4 - Wave of You
Chapter 5 - Stacy's Cake
Chapter 6 - Cheers
Chapter 7 - Sabotage
Chapter 8 - Peace Offering
Chapter 9 - The Truth
Chapter 10 - Memories
Chapter 11 - Beautiful Goodbye
Chapter 12 - Better Days
Chapter 13 - Reunited
Chapter 14 - Acceptance
Chapter 15 - New Beginnings
Chapter 16 - Midnight Snack
Chapter 17 - Breakfast
Chapter 18 - Fire
Chapter 19 - Butterflies
Chapter 20 - Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 21 - Late Night Conversation
Chapter 22 - Mr. Perfect
Chapter 23 - The Wedding
Chapter 24 - Always Be My Baby
Chapter 25 - Temptation
Chapter 27 - Dinner Date
Chapter 28 - Latch
Chapter 29 - Revelation
Chapter 30 - Finding Carla

Chapter 26 - Photo Shoot

24 1 0
By CYDream1

Him

It has been several days since the incident between us. Carla has been trying to avoid me like a plague. She has not been joining us for breakfast every morning. Whenever I arrive from work, either she's busy painting with Uncle Amir or she's spending time in the plantation farm with Mama Ava.

So, I made sure I woke up bright and early today. I waited patiently for her at the breakfast table on the patio. I knew she would sit down with us this morning because today is her swimsuit photoshoot. She is supposed to go with Mommy Lucy today to the venue of the pictorial, but I already have a plan.

Carla quietly approached the table, and I caught her stealing a quick glance at me. She greeted everyone "Good Morning" before sitting at the other end of the table. She is clearly avoiding me.

"Coffee?" I offered and brought the fresh pot of coffee to her without even waiting for her reply. I poured some on her mug, then pulled a chair and sat beside her. I could sense she was uneasy with that gesture. She didn't expect me to go all the way at the far end of the table to sit beside her.

All the while, I could feel Mommy Lucy eyeing my every move. Mama Ava was in the garden seriously talking to one of her business associates regarding an upcoming delivery to the farm.

"What do you like for breakfast?" I was about to get the fried rice and put some on her plate, but Carla shook her head.

"Thank you but I'll pass today. Coffee is fine with me. I already ate a protein bar." She said politely.

"Just a protein bar? You'll starve to death. You have a long day today. Isn't this your big day? It's your first photoshoot."

"That will be enough to keep me going. I have more protein bars in my bag in case I get hungry." She replied briefly.

"Oh, I know what you're trying to do. You're keeping that slim figure of yours. Come on Carla, even though you eat a big breakfast, you still have a flat tummy. You will look great in those photos for sure." I said encouragingly. She blushed at my remark.

'Come on, Santi. Give Carla some slack. She already said no. Just let her be." Mommy Lucy tried to save her, and she smiled politely at mom.

"So, what did I miss?" Mama Ava took a seat beside Mommy Lucy.

"Finally, we're complete at breakfast. I haven't seen Carla join us these past few days. Are you doing okay, Sweetheart?" Mama Ava asked her worriedly.

"I'm fine, Tita. Just staying up late because I'm finishing a painting for one of dad's clients. I barely can keep my eyes open in the morning." She replied smiling.

"Is Amir pushing you to do his commissioned paintings? By the way, did he already leave for his therapy?"

"Yes Tita. I showed him outside before Lando brought him to the Rehab Center. And no Tita, I love to do paintings. Like Dad, it's my passion. I enjoy doing it." Carla replied.

"Great. I'm glad you're not getting bored while staying here with us. By the way, did you tell Gavin you're not coming today to your dad's therapy? You have a big event today." Mama Ava teased her.

"I already texted him, Tita. He knows." Carla smiled.

"Is he already courting you?" Mama Ava continued to tease her. I heard Mommy Lucy clear her throat and glanced at me.

"No, Tita. Gavin and I are just friends." She said shyly.

"He better be quick or else he will lose his chance. Well, what time are you leaving for the photoshoot, Hon? I bet Carla is excited about it." Mama Ava turned towards Mommy Lucy, but I cut her off before she could reply.

"Oh, I'm taking Carla, Ma. Mommy needs to stop by somewhere and get some decorations for the shoot on the beach." Mommy Lucy looked at me trying to hide a surprise expression on her face while Carla was suddenly confused upon hearing what I said.

"Is that right? Isn't your assistant, Tammy, supposed to do that?" Mama Ava asked Mommy Lucy.

"She called this morning and said she was sick." Mommy Lucy did a sideways glance at me. I knew she didn't like what I just did. I put her on the spot. I couldn't help but suppress a chuckle.

But what can I do; I want to spend the rest of the day with Carla? I missed her. I want to watch her and make sure there are no guys or male models making a pass on her.

"Uhm, but isn't it you have work to do?" Carla asked me. I'm sure she didn't like the idea of going with me. After all, she has been avoiding me all this time.

"Oh no. I'm free today. Milo is taking care of everything in the office. I'll be glad to accompany you in your first photoshoot. Are you ready? Do you think we should get going Mom, so Carla won't be late? If we arrive early at the beach, at least I can tour her around the resort. Mom just told me they picked one of the amazing beaches we have here in town for the pictorial."

"Yes, I believe you better keep going so Carla can enjoy the beach while the crew is setting up." Mommy Lucy agreed with me. Carla and I both gave my moms hugs before heading outside the mansion.

As soon as we started our trip to the beach, I tried to engage her in conversation.

"Carla, about the other night, I'm...." She suddenly cut me off.

"Santi, can we please not talk about it? Let's forget it ever happened, okay?" She said bluntly. I wanted to counter that, but I held back my tongue. I don't want to start an argument with her. I've missed her. I want this day to be smooth sailing for both of us.

"Are you excited?" I asked while glancing at her.

"I'm actually nervous." She replied.

"Don't be. You'll do great." I reassured her. I reached for her hand and intertwined it with mine.

"Santi, can you please let go of my hand?"

"Why, you let me hold it the last time? I'm trying to calm you down, so you don't get nervous." I winked at her.

"I can calm myself down, you don't need to hold my hand." She said tartly, then pulled her hand away from me. I didn't argue anymore.

I tried to engage her in conversation to which she politely replies but it seems she's too caught up thinking about something else. I didn't press anymore, but I could sense something was bothering her.

We finally arrived at the photo shoot venue. The moment she saw the pristine beach in front of her, the serious expression on her face turned into awe. She was amazed and captivated by the beauty of the place.

She removed her sandals hurriedly and ran to the seashore like a child, feeling the fine white sand under her feet. I followed her. I hope this scenery will completely change her mood and take away all the worries I saw a while ago on her face during our trip.

"You like it, huh?! You don't see the beach often I bet. All you can see every day are buildings and traffic in NY." I commented.

"I know. We also get to visit the Hamptons once in a while, but the beach is nothing compared to this." She smiled.

I was about to say something when I saw Kris approaching us. He is one of Mommy Lucy's close friends. He directs the pictorial shoots of the magazine. He's a flamboyant gay like Carla's friend, Raine. His real name is Kristopher, but he goes by Kris.

"Oh my gosh! What a pleasant surprise! I didn't know Santilicious was gracing us with his presence! How are you, gorgeous? Where's your Mommy Lucy?"

"I'm doing great.  Don't worry, Mom is coming. She is just doing some errands. By the way, I would like you to meet Carla. She's the model that Mom talked to you about."

"Finally! About time I see the secret weapon she was talking about. You're such a beauty. You look like a young version of Ava. No wonder, Lucy was bragging about you. I heard you're Amir's one and only daughter." Kris said, smiling at Carla.

"Yes. That's me." Carla replied warmly. I could tell she liked Kris instantly. He probably reminded her of Raine.

"I'm so glad to finally meet you. Lucy said this is your first pictorial. Don't worry, we will take good care of you. I'll be easy on you." He winked.

"Come on, let me introduce you to the other models and the rest of the staff. Santi, can I steal your lovely cousin?" He didn't even wait for my reply and took Carla away.

"Don't blindside me like that again." I suddenly heard Mommy Lucy's voice behind me. I gave her a wide grin and hugged her. She was pouting at me. She decided to continue with her tirade.

"You should have told me the other night when you were asking me for details of the photo shoot. I was caught off guard. It's good your Mama Ava didn't notice it."

"Sorry Mom. I was desperate. I miss Carla; she's avoiding me. I thought of this as an opportunity to spend some time with her."

"This is getting serious. I thought of what you said the other night about pursuing her. I want to remind you, this is no joke, Santi. She is your cousin."

"I'm not joking, Mom. I love her. Can you please just support me on this?" She looked at me with concern and tapped me on the shoulder.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Santi. I hope you're ready to face the consequences once your Mama Ava and Uncle Amir learn about this." I nodded at her. All I know is I want to win Carla over before Gavin or any other guys steal her away from me. I don't care what other people will think anymore.

"I'm ready, Mom. Don't worry about me. By the way, I'll take care of Carla later after the pictorial. I already have dinner reservations at the Lighthouse. I'll take her out on a date."

"Oh wow! That's a romantic place, Sweetheart. I bet she will love the rooftop restaurant overlooking the lighthouse. Does she know you're taking her out? Did she already say yes?" She asked nonchalantly.

"Not yet Mom. But she doesn't have a choice, she's stuck with me. So, if she asks to go home with you later, tell her you have other plans. Make up a story that you're going to review the photos with Kris or something, okay?" I grinned sheepishly.

"Oh Sweetheart, you're putting me on the spot with all of these. I'm becoming a very good liar." She let out a soft chuckle.

"Okay, I'll go ahead. I already saw Kris waving at me. We should be starting in a few minutes. Are you sure you'll be fine here waiting? I know you don't like watching these shoots whenever I would ask you to come with me. This will be a whole day affair, My Dear."

"I'm okay, Mom. I brought my laptop. I'll do some work while watching the shoot. Don't worry about me." I kissed her on the forehead and let her go.

I know it will be a long day, but I don't mind waiting. As long as I could see Carla's beautiful face, that's all that matters to me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
356K 7.8K 45
"Mom, I don't know what the heck I'm doing... I'm going to marry my sister's fiancé," I said, tears streaming down my face. "We can't do anything, be...
25.7K 815 32
COMPLETE✔️ "I'm wondering how many years you still have to be here. You've already been here quite a while Gather. Such a shame for a pretty girl lik...
50K 949 28
Love has always felt like a lie. Everyone who's gotten their heartbroken by someone who "loved"them can agree. Have you ever been asked if you belie...