Kitchen Encounter (Tsukasa Ei...

By stoicofthevast

Caterina Moretti was forced to attend Tōtsuki Tea Ceremony and Cooking Academy. As she go through her cooking... More

Chapter 1: Welcome To Japan
Chapter 2: Entrance Exams
Chapter 3: Ghost
Chapter 4: A Friend
Chapter 5: The First Seat
Chapter 6: Mission Failed
Chapter 7: Be Careful
Chapter 8: Unusual
Chapter 9: Stupid Hack
Chapter 10: Training
Chapter 11: Map and Compass
Chapter 12: Not Bad
Chapter 13: The Spring Elections
Chapter 14: A Sicky Feeling
Chapter 15: The Second Round
Chapter 16: A Success
Chapter 17: A Night to Remember
Chapter 18: A Night To Remember (Part 2)
Chapter 19: An Option
Chapter 20: You're More Than Enough
Special Chapter: Tsukasa Eishi's birthday
Chapter 21: Is This a Date?
Chapter 22: A Change of Heart
Chapter 24: Unpredictable
Chapter 25: Peace
Chapter 26: Danger
Chapter 27: Like V.S Love
Chapter 28: Dislike
Chapter 29: The Past
Chapter 30: Stagiaire

Chapter 23: The Autumn Elections

601 10 1
By stoicofthevast

The days went by fast. I actually practiced with Hayama-kun often and that's how I found out that he has a sensitive nose that can rival the god's tounge.

At the same time, I also continued to help Eishi with his paperworks and he also continued to make dishes that might finally satisfy my palette. But alas, he yet again failed.

Butterflies are flying around my stomach as I remember the time of our date and when I started to call him by his first name. It feels somehow more calming. It feels different yet so familiar.

The Autumn elections' preliminaries have already started so everyone is busy. Students of all ages came to watch the preliminaries and famous chefs and people came to watch the famous Tōtsuki event.

"Say I thought our elections were grand. But the only thing that made it more grand is with how harder it is and the prizes that actually came with it," I said, still surprise with the large amount of people in the area.

"Well, of course. Last year, Isshiki-san won the Autumn elections. I was actually surprised to find out that Kinokuni-san is at a higher seat than him," Akashi-kun remarked, her hands at her hips.

"The elite ten isn't just chosen with how many achievements you've gotten for yourself but also with the achievements and support you brought to the school. That's why my brother never became a member despite his skills and talent," I explained, just in case they didn't know.

"That means we might not become members of the elite ten despite being the top three of the Spring elections, huh?" Fukuda-kun mumbled.

I nodded my head and saw disappointment flash in my friends' faces.

"Don't worry. If you do more things for the school, you will be. Now, let's just watch."

I gazed down the judges as I stared at the Curry queen. I've met her before. She invited my brother to work for her during his 2nd year. She's not an easy woman to impress.

While the writer, he once wrote for my father and our family business that made our sales higher than imagined.

So this is why the Autumn elections are deemed as grand. It's the only event in school which opens the grandest opportunities for a student, particularly a 1st year. I wonder if I would've made it if I studied here last year. I guess we'll never know.

A young male student walked towards the judges and presented his dish. His dish is so plain and simple. That's not enough to shaken high-class judges who've tasted so many delicious foods. And just as I thought, he got such a low score for his dish. I pity him.

This continued for other students until a girl who has a dark aura and a black curry presented her curry. Her dish that looks so digusting was apparently extremely delicious. I guess it doesn't matter what your dish looks like just as long as it tastes good.

A few more students peeked my interest, most of them from the Polar Star Dormitory. Hmp! That's why Isshiki stayed there despite his status. I should go there and give it a look.

But the students who stood the most to me is Kurokiba Ryo, Hayama Akira, and Yukihira Soma. Kurokiba-kun has a unique personality. His once emotionless face turns agressive when he's cooking and even shoved down food to Sendawa-san.

Then, Hayama-kun. He used a holy basil and his curry was absolutely impactful of delicious aroma. Oddly, when he looked at me from above, he smirked. Arrogant so much?

Finally, my favorite underclassman yet. Yukihira Soma. I finally remembered that he's the son of a chef who's friends with my father and a former elite ten who quit Tōtsuki earlier than he should've had. Just like his father, he's unexpected. If I were one of the judges, I'd give him a full score. It's true what they say, like father, like son.

With that, the preliminaries finally ended. In Hall A, Hayama-kun had the highest score followed by Yukihira-kun and Kurokiba-kun. In Hall B, a Nakiri I haven't met who I assumed is Sōe-san's only daughter has the highest score followed by Hisako-san, Erina's secretary.

I was invited to the Polar Star Dormitory for their celebration which I happily agreed to. I didn't expect my best friend to go running everywhere naked with only an apron to cover him but I must say, I've finally realized why girls from all over our school pin on him. He's incredibly dashing.

"What the fuck are you doing, Isshiki?! You're not wearing anything but a bear apron! You look like a child! Wait! You act like a child!" I shouted at him, pointing a finger while my face is facing sideways, avoiding his naked state.

Needless to say, I'm blushing like what any other girl would be if they saw a boy naked.

"Do I look handsome, Caterina? Finally more handsome than Tsukasa-senpai?" He teased instead of covering himself up properly.

My face officially burned from how much I was blushing and I ran away from him while he kept teasing me with Isami-kun.

It was late at night when the party finished. My brother was suppose to pick me up but his mother was unfortunately brought to the hospital. So instead, I convinced him to put her first and opted to walk alone despite Ishhiki's offers for me to stay here or let him accompany me home.

"It's alright. You're already so tired. I'll just see you tomorrow at class, okay?" He hesitantly nodded his head and I gave Yukihira-kun and the others a congratulations again before setting out.

The moon was high up tonight as I walk home. There are no stars at the night sky and all I can do is let its light guide me home along with my cellphone's flashlight.

"Caterina? What are you doing here walking so late at night?" It's funny how he's always here whenever I want him to be.

I turned my head towards the owner of the voice and smiled at him and his companions. "Good evening, Eishi, Eizan-kun, Nakiri-kun."

Nakiri-kun huffed but returned my greeting as Eizan-kun simply nodded.

"You guys go ahead. I'll accompany Caterina home," Eishi commanded with a wave of his hand.

"It's fine. You don't have to. I know you're all so busy," I refused.

Eishi stubbornly insisted and now we're walking together to my house.

"You're so stubborn. How are you ever going to finish your work now? You should've just stayed with them," I said after a few moments.

"Whoever said I won't do my work?" He showed me a folder and his phone. "These contain my work for tonight. If you really think you bothered me so much, you can help me." Then he showed his closed-eyed smiled.

I smirked. "That's pretty smart."

"Why do you think I'm the first seat?" He sassily remarked which made me laugh a bit.

We continued walking towards my home while I helped with his work by suggesting a few things then and there. By the time we reached my house, he's finished half of the work.

"Thank you for helping me again. I owe it to you. I'll make it up to you, I promise," He told me before trying to leave.

"You don't need to. I should be thanking you for accompanying me home despite your busy schedule. Be careful on your way back."

He shaked his head as a yes. He was about to go when he suddenly turned his back to me.

"Where's your brother? I need to pass him something for an upcoming class project."

I rubbed my neck sheepishly and looked up to the ceiling before returning my gaze to him.

"He's not here. He went to the hospital this afternoon," I replied. "You can just pass to me whatever you need to pass to him."

He raised his eyebrow to me. "He left you here alone?"

I simply shrugged. "It's not a big deal. He said he'll come home at midnight."

"Then I'll stay," he blurted out of nowhere making my eyes go wide. "I'll stay 'till he comes back just to ensure you'll be safe tonight. You can never be too careful."

"Huh?" I started scratching my hair. "You do know that I'm fine on my own, right? My brother wouldn't leave me behind if he didn't trust me. I know how to use different forms of martial arts. Do you?"

He froze. I see, I'm correct. He doesn't know how to."Besides, you're busy with paperworks. Just go ahead. You have a long day tomorrow."

But he didn't falter. "I know Karate a little. Also, I need help with my work anyways."

I decided to tease him and with a smug face, I asked. "Say are you just making an excuse to stay with me for awhile?"

I poked his sides and giggled. "You don't need to by shy. Just tell me the truth. Do you just want to spend time with me, Eishi?"

It was quiet for awhile and just as I was about to say I was joking, he responded.

"What if I do, Caterina? Will you allow me to?"

Butterflies yet again formed in my stomach and I turned my head away from him so he won't notice my reddened cheeks.

"W-what..."

"Just let me in. If you don't want to, I'll just stay outside 'till Hiroto comes home. I just want to be sure you're safe."

My eyes blinked and the next thing I knew I heard a sound. When I looked at him again, he was sitting down at the pavestone near the door.

You've got to be kidding me. "Are you serious?"

"I am. Now go take a bath and sleep. I'll wait for your brother."

"He'll think you're some creep because you're sitting right there, waiting for him! Actually, you sound like you're his desperate lover trying to see him!"

His face contorted and he frowned. "Caterina, it's not that and you know it. I have nothing against gay people but I'm straight."

So is a spaghetti until its wet. Wait, I shouldn't think of stuff like that right now. I sighed and lended my hand out to him.

"Fine! You win! Again! Come inside. I'll make you tea and you can wait for my brother in the living room. I don't want your entire fan club to kill me and call me a heartless bitch just because I let you stay here at late at night." I looked away.

I can see it now. He's probably smiling while taking my hand. I felt his cold hand meet with mine and my heart started beating faster than it did before. Just like everytime I'm around him.

"A heartless bitch? Caterina, I think you're rather an angry dragon and I'm the knight who either has to tame you or slay you everytime you act like this." I finally looked back at him and sneered at him.

"Now you're all so poetic?" I took my hand away and opened the door after removing my slippers. "I can be too. You're a fucking moon."

"Am I?" I heard him ask playfully.

"Yes! You're nothing but an orb where Kaguya-sama went to leave his lover for a shithole reason!"

I slammed the door to his face before coming back to to open it. "I wanted to be a little dramatic. Come in."

He laughed before entering that brought a smile to my lips.

So that night was spent with finishing my upperclassman's paperworks and talking about the most bizzare and poetic things.

I wish we could've stayed like this forever. But I know, we can't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 19.7K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
418K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...