Under the Red-Light District

By HericaGlam

Nesrin is the wildrose in the red-light district, a prostitution house. She grew up and spent her childhood i... More

Sypnosis
Prologue
Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Notice
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Announcement
Chapter 27

Chapter 28

3.9K 145 71
By HericaGlam

"Is something bothering you, Nesrin?" Alice asked me with a worrisome tone of voice.

Hindi ko namamalayang nakatulala na pala ako kanina pa sa aking opisina. I can't help but let out a deep sigh. At inayos ang mga nakakalat na papeles na aking desk.

"No. It's nothing." I shook my head slowly. "I think I need to sleep. Pagod lang siguro ako."

Nagdadalawang isip pa siyang iwanan ako pero iniwan niya pa rin ako dahil sa hiling ko. I want some time to meditate to relax a bit.

Simula nang magkita kami ni Frodo ay lagi na lang akong balisa at wala sa aking sarili.

"I can't let him raise suspicion!" I muttered to myself while tapping my fingers anxiously.

I wanted to go far away from him as far as I wanted to, but I couldn't because my father still needs me. He needs me for his business.

Napasapo ako sa aking mukha. Tomorrow, I am expected to meet him in the conference room. Just how much longer can I go on?

Kinabukasan, dumating na nga ang araw na magkikita kami. I was the first one to arrive at the hotel where I was expected to meet him and the other board members.

"Miss de Alvear, stunning as always!" one of the board members exclaimed in delight.

I wasn't familiar with their faces. I could only nod my head and smile at them. That didn't stop them from singing their praises.

At last, siya na lang ang hinihintay ng lahat.

"He is running late." I frowned while looking at my wristwatch. "Why is he still not here?"

Kung kanina ay kabado ako, ngayon ay bigla na lang nawala ito. I'm losing my patience.

"Let's wait for—" before my secretary could finish her words, the door flunged open.

I know believe that he's really good at doing unexpected things. I didn't expect he would send someone instead of him. What a relief.

"Let's proceed to our meeting. Shall we?"

After an hour of sharing new ideas and also prioritizing new projects, I decided to call it a day after we finished the discussion and everything was settled.

I stood up first. "That'll be all for today. The meeting is finished."

Lumabas na ako sa conference room. I even heard them praise me, but I didn't much pay attention to it because I was in a hurry.

"Is there anything you need, my lady?" my assistant managed to catch me up in the hallways. "Perhaps a cup of hot coffee?"

I told her yes, and she scrammed. Hindi ako makapag-isip nang maayos. Alice sent me a message a while ago and it is very urgent.

I dialed her number and she picked it up in just a second. Nanginginig ang aking boses nang tanungin ko siya sa kabilang linya.

"Where? W-what hospital?" I asked her in a concerned tone while accelerating my pace.

Alice was about to answer back nang may makabunggo ako sa hallway kaya hindi ko sinasadyang napatay ko ang tawag. Fuck!

I glared at the huge man, only to be stunned.

"We bumped into each other again, Nesrin."

It was Frodo. Katatapos lang ng conference meeting namin. And I didn't expect that we would ran into each other in the hallway.

For some strange reason hindi siya sumipot sa itinakdang oras ng aming meeting. It was unlikely of him to be late. What is he doing?

"It was a pleasure to meet you," I replied in a low voice and shot an uninterested glance at him.

He was wearing a three-piece suit that fit him well. But Frodo looks rather disheveled with his unkempt hair.

I was about to walk past him pero kusa akong natigilan dahil sa kamay na pumipigil sa akin ngayon.

"What do you want from me?" my tone was laced with irritation when I spoke, but I tried to calm myself down.

"D-do you forget what you wanted to say?" I added and clenched my fist to stop shaking.

Matiim ang tingin niya sa akin na para bang naghihintay sa dapat kong aminin sa kanya.

"Aren't you the one who forgot something?"

It was as if time had stopped running at that moment. The thought of Frodo knowing the whereabouts of his son frightened me.

Frodo inclined his head and folded his arms over his chest. Napaiwas agad ako ng tingin.

"You have something to confess, Nesrin..." he added in a playful banter while staring at me.

"I want to hear it from you." Frodo continued. "You already knew you have something that I wanted. Something that I longed for."

Frodo started walking his way to me. Tumigil lamang ito nang nasa harapan ko na siya.

"Something that only you could complete."

Hindi ako pwedeng magpatinag kaya buong tapang ko siyang hinarap nang makalapit ito.

I raised my eyebrow. "Something like what?"

He didn't answer. And I'm starting to lose my patience again. I have no time to idle around.

"This is crazy! I have nothing to confess—" hindi ko na natapos ito nang hawakan niya ang braso ko at hinila papalapit sa kanya.

"Where's my child? Where did you hide him?"

I was caught off guard. The color drained out of my face. Hindi kaagad ako nakapagsalita.

And when everything was processed in my mind, I immediately pushed him away.

"You will never gonna find him!" It was the only response that came out of my mouth.

The corner of his lips twitches slightly in rage. "Trust me, I can. And I will gonna find him."

Frodo turned his back angrily and stormed his way out of the hallway. I was left alone.

Muli kong ikinuyom ang mga palad dahil sa matinding galit. Masyadong mabilis. I don't even know how he found out about his son.

But whatever that is, one thing is for sure...

"I will destroy whoever stands in my way."

A/N: Are you still waiting for my update? T^T

I'm sorry the revision took me months. Don't forget to support the story. Thank you!! Ily! ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 5.7K 73
"OH MY GOSH SINO KA?! Bakit mo ko ginagaya! Hoy!" Gulong gulo ang isip ko habang nakatingin sa lalakeng nasa harapan ko. Bawat buka ng bibig ko ay na...
27.4M 1M 62
(Game Series # 4) Charisse Faith Viste believes in working hard. She does not believe in luck, only hard work. Bata pa lang siya, nasanay na siya na...
24.2M 708K 34
She was kidnapped by the mafia prince, Lander Montenegro, at the age of five. He stole almost half of her life, so it's only fair that he repays her...
31.8M 1M 48
(Game Series # 1) For as long as Katherine could remember, Juan Alexandro Yuchengco has always been her dream guy. He's smart, kind, and could be fun...