'Till You Put Me Down (Niall...

By lanidxo

Niall Horan has had a bad reputation around here. For a new kid, he's doing pretty well at making himself see... More

Chapter 1: Asshole
Chapter 2: Dancing With The Devil
Chapter 3: Trust
Chapter 4: The Promise
Chapter 5: Behind His Hard Shell
Chapter 6: Time For A Little Fun
Chapter 7: Real
Chapter 8: Secrets
Chapter 9: Broken Down Walls
Chapter 10: Misunderstood
Chapter 11: And It All Comes Crashing Down
Chapter 12: Missing You
Chapter 13: That New Guy In Town
Chapter 14: Lost In Confusion
Chapter 15: Done
Chapter 16: Just Let Me Lie To You
Chapter 17: Drifting
Chapter 19: Haunted
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
Chapter 20: Runaway
Chapter 21: Raindrops
Chapter 22: Flight 245
Chapter 23: Final Moments?
Chapter 24: Regrets
Chapter 25: The Plan
Chapter 26: What You Need
Chapter 27: Drifting Feelings
Chapter 28: Scars and Wounds
Chapter 29: One Or The Other
Chapter 30: Betrayal
Chapter 31: Until My Heart Stops Beating
Chapter 32: Anywhere But There
Chapter 33: The Beautiful City Of Boston
Chapter 34: Cope.
Chapter 35: I Will Fight For You
Chapter 36: Never Break A Promise
Chapter 37: Anger
Chapter 38: Something New
Chapter 39: Infatuation
Chapter 40: Scars That Never Heal
Chapter 41: Guilt Can Consume You
COMING SOON

Chapter 18: Night Of Heartbreak

28.3K 268 62
By lanidxo

A/N: Herro! Sooooo every ones been flipping shit because of what you figured out Niall's in trouble for... HAHAHA I KNEW YOU WOULD FREAKKK :) .... I guess you're just going to have to wait to know more... hehehe...

Oh, and some of you have been commenting things like "this is the best fanfic I have ever read" and "this is better than Dark"...

AWHHHH THANKS GUYS THAT SO SWEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! BUT NOTHING IS BETTER THAN DARK. DARK IS..... DARK. OKAY. You have no idea how much you're comments make me smile :) 

ONE MORE THING. 

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SPEAK OF THE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER MUSIC VIDEO.

OH LAWD.

I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP. 

NIALL. SHOWER. LEPRECHAUN SKIPPING. SHOWWEEEERRRRR. ZAYN. BED. POLE. HAIR. SEX GOD. LIAM. AWH. NOSE. CUTE. POINTING PROBLEM. CUTEEEE. HARRY. CUPCAKE. STATUE OF LIBERTY. "OH YEAH". HAIR. DIMPLES. "THE JOE" FACE. EAR. AFRICAN BABIES ON BACK. LOUIS. HIP THRUSTTTTTT. NOSE. BEANIE. CUTENESSSSS. LADY WITH LIAM. JUST EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG. 

okay i'm done.

Enjoyyyy :) <3

Recap: 

"You're right. But I think I might have an idea. She won't be able to stop you, but you'll still get the message across. You just need to work with me on this one, Niall. I know you won't want to do it." He answered, trying to reason with my prediction.

"Shoot." I said, curious to know what I would dread doing.

"Meet me at the Avon Theatre." He said, hanging up the phone immediately after.

What the hell did he want me to do over there?

--------

"Uhh... Can I asked what i'm being questioned about?" I asked, trying to get some kind of answer out of this guy. 

"Well; yes, I suppose you have that right." He said, pausing before saying his next words.

"You are being taken in for questioning because..." he said, hesitating before saying his next words. I could tell by his voice that he didn't want to say whatever it was. 

"Niall Horan is a suspect of murder." 

I dropped the phone straight to my feet, in complete shock.

Niall? A murderer?

I have been dating a murderer that has been running from his crime for the past 6 months. 

Chapter 18:  Night Of Heartbreak

*** Niall's POV ***

 I arrive at the Avon Theatre, walking through the doors to find the room, empty, except for Zayn pacing back and forth near the entrance. 

"Hey." I said, walking up to him. He stopped pacing and looked at me for a minute. 

"Are you sure you want to do this? Leave?" He said with his eyebrows raised and his eyes squinted. I did. I knew it would hurt me, and it would hurt Jade.. but in the end it would all be for the best.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I said, taking a reassuring step closer to him, "What's the plan?" 

I could always count on Zayn to help me out, even if he doesn't agree with what i'm doing. I know he respects my choice enough to help me though, that's just something Zayn would do. Harry on the other hand.. When he doesn't agree with me, he refuses to take part in it. 

"You have to be willing to.... hurt her." I stared at him wide eyed. I wasn't going to hit her! He looked back at me wide eyed as well, a smirk appearing on his face.

"Not physically hurt her, dumbass. Like.. Emotionally." He added, the smirk fading off his face as his eyes and mine both drifted to the red carpet beneath us. 

"I'll do what it takes." I said with a sure voice, lifting my head up towards Zayn.

"Alright. Then I guess this will work. But.. Uh... You kinda have to do something you don't normally like doing." He said, turning his head a bit to the side. 

"Which is....?" I said, trying to make him finish what he was saying. 

"Sing. You have to sing, Niall." He said, lifting his head up and nodding to his words. Sing? He wants me to sing? What's the point? She can still stop me if I sing it to her. 

Zayn must have noticed the confused look on my face, so he took a step forward.

"Let me finish telling you the plan before you say no."

I nodded, letting him continue. 

I just don't understand how singing to her would be different from talking to her. 

"Their having an open mic here on Saturday. You need to be here, and so does she. You need to get on the stage, sing what you need to say, then bolt," he said, walking a step closer to me, "When you sing on the stage, she won't be able to talk to you through the crowd that will be in here."

I thought over his plan, and maybe it's not that bad. I go up there,break her, then go for it. I stood there silently, waiting to see if he has anything else to add.

"You're song choice needs to really hurt her though. She needs to feel like you don't want her anymore. You need to make her feel like it's bad for her to be with you. Make her feel like she's better off without you." He said in a hushed tone. He could tell that this topic pushed a button for me; I hated hurting her. But it had to be done. 

"I'll do it." I said, lifting my head from the ground to Zayn's, my face emotionless.

I knew the exact song I was going to sing. 

"Good. I'll have your bags ready backstage and I'll book you a one way ticket to Florida. As for the house.. Leave it to me. I'll get it taken care of." He said, putting his hands in his pockets. 

"Thanks Zayn, for everything, really." I said, placing my hand on his shoulder and giving it a tight squeeze, forcing a slight smile on my face.

"No problem man. Just one thing.. You're gonna need to talk to Harry. Someone's going to have to get her to come here." He said, placing his bottom lip in his mouth and beginning to bite it.

"Shit.." I said, remembering how bad I left things between us two at the resturaunt. Plus, he won't want to be a part of any of this... I guess I'll just try and talk to him, get him to understand why I'm doing this. 

"I'm sorry, Niall." He said in a hushed tone, his face looking back at the carpet.

"Nah man. It's okay. I'll get over her." I said, looking around the theatre, trying to make it look like it wasn't a big deal. He looked up to me questioningly. I'm guessing he didn't believe me. 

------

*** Jade's POV ***

I've called Niall about 12 times now, and he still won't answer. The NYPD want to take me in for questioning next week.. What the hell am I supposed to do? He needs to f**king answer the phone! 

Right now, I don't know if its the fact that i've been with a guy that is a suspect of murder, or if it's because I'm  going to be taken in to a Police Station for the first time in my life, but I'm terrified. 

What am I supposed to feel? I don't want to get Niall in trouble.. I mean, they said he was a suspect of murder. That doens't necessarily mean he murdered someone.

If only he would f**king answer his phone, I wouldn't be having this issue right now. 

But here's something better I should be thinking about, something that i'm probably more pissed off about. 

I was going to tell him I loved him.

I was going to tell the boy that lied about his childhood, lied about the reason why he was in New York, lied about basically everything, that I loved him. 

You know what though? I couldn't love him, because I don't even know who he f**king is.

That's not the worst part though.

The fact that i'm still missing him, the fact that i'm still hurting because of him is what's terrifying. One part of me told me I should run right now, but the other part of me wants to know his side of all this.

I'm not going to say i'm not extreamly frightened right now- because I am. Niall scared be in the first place, before I even knew he might have killed someone. Now..- Now that I know what he's capable of.. and how angry he gets... I don't know if I could still be with him.

I had so many questions. Did he actually.. kill someone? Who? Why? When? Where? Why didn't he tell me about.. any of this? Who else knows? Why did he kiss that girl? What does Matt- his foster brother- want with him?

The questions circulated around my brain- it would kill me if I didn't find out. 

 I need to find him, and get this shit all sorted out.

-------

*** Niall's POV ***

"Harry?" I asked through the speaker, hoping the silent boy on the other line will answer me.

"I'm not going to help you f**king ruin a poor innocent girl." he said through clenched teeth, after a long moment of silence. 

"Harry, you have too... Please. It would be better for her, I promise," I said in a hushed tone. I know how he feels about all this stuff. He doesn't like it when girls.. you know... get hurt. It's something normal for him- he has a soft spot for the females. 

 "Niall, If you just f**king explained everything to her, you would be fine. You don't need to run from her too. You've got enough of that going on in your life. Just tell her what happened back in LA!-"

"I f**king can't, Harry! I can't tell her anything! There are many, many, reasons. One being that I don't want her in my mess. Their going to start asking her questions if I don't leave now, Harry. Matt told be they've been tracking me down. Their looking here, bro. I can't risk it. I need to leave." I said, calming myself after the first few sentences I spoke to Harry.

"Since when did you believe Matt? He's the f**ker that got you in this shit! It's his fault that-" He began to yell into the phone.

"Don't f**king say it, Harry." I said through clenched teeth. The line went silent.

"Are you going to help me or not?" I said, breaking the unwanted silence. There was another long moment of silence, before I heard Harry let out a long sigh.

"Fine." 

*** Jade's POV ***

----------- Saturday Night----------------

I've been telling myself all day that I needed to go out and find Niall, but the truth is I was scared of what I would find.

What if he actually did kill someone? 

 If he did, I don't think I would want to know. But then I would. Damn, why does this have to be so confusing? 

Just.. The fact that someone so angelic looking could do such horrible things.. it gets to me. All those kisses.. hugs... what I thought could actually be love.. Was it just a cover up? So he didn't get caught somehow?

I really shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. My conclusions make no sense. I heard my phone ringing on the counter, letting out a long sigh I got off the couch and went to retrieve it from the kitchen. I checked the caller I.D, and it read "Harry". He's never called me before.. What if its about Niall?

I put the phone to my hear, hesitantly answering the call.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Jade. Be ready at 8. I'm coming by to pick you up." He said, then immediately hanging up the phone. 

Huh? Where was he going to take me? Why? Why did he hang up so quickly? Is he forcing me to go?

-------

---------------7:45--------------------

I sat in my living room, ready to go where ever Harry was going to take me. I'm not sure why I decided I would go with him, partially because I was really curious to know, and another part of me decided I should go because Niall might be where ever we are going.

I wanted to see Niall, and I wasn't going to deny it. I had to ask him about all of this. Why he lied to me, if he really murdered someone.. All of it. I can't take all of these secrets and lies anymore.

Moments later, I heard three knocks on my door. I bolted off the couch, grabbing my purse and heading towards the door. Hesitantly opening the door, I found an upset Harry on the other side. I frowned at his not-so-happy sight.

"Let's go." He said, taking my hand and leading me toward his black Volvo.

Now only time can tell where he's taking me.

*** Niall's POV ***

Shit shit shit shit shit shit. 

It's 7:55. I'm taking the mic at 8. 

I've never been so nervous in my life. No, not because of the irrelevant crowd that will be watching me. No, not because i'll be singing. Purely because I'm going to have to watch Jade during the whole performance. 

Watch her reaction while I lie straight to her face. 

I don't know how she will react, to be honest. How am I supposed to tell her that I didn't love her? Because I did. I love her so much, even though I haven't admitted it to her yet. I never knew it would be this hard... To tell a girl i'm basically breaking up with her. It was pretty much a second-nature-type-thing for me normally. I've broken many girls hearts... I've done many things, but with Jade.. It just isn't the same. 

I think this might just be the hardest thing I have to do. 

"Your bags are ready backstage. Your car is parked in the back of the theatre, and you've got your ticket with you. Everything's set." Zayn said, coming up to my side in a white t-shirt covered with a black leather jacket. I nodded my head toward him, letting my face drift toward the ground.

"Everything's gonna be alright, Niall." He said, placing one of his hands on my shoulder. I ran my hand through my hair, letting out a deep breath.

1 minute until i'm on that stage, breaking my love's heart.

*** Jade's POV ***

 We arrived at a place marked 'The Avon Theatre', with Harry opening the door for me, I walked out with a confused look on my face. Why the hell are we at a theatre? I read the sign posted at the front of the theatre, and it read "Open Mic!" 

"Harry... What are we doing here?" I said, stopping in the middle of the parking lot.

"Just.. Follow me." He said, taking my hand and leading my inside the theatre. The theatre was packed with a bunch of people, mainly younger people around the age of 20. There were rows of seats lined around the theatre, with an aisle running down in between two big secotions of seats. I looked around the theatre to see if I recognized anyone, but no one looked familiar. I watched Harry as he motioned for me to take a seat in the last row on the left side; the last seat in the row.

"Stay here." He said, leaving me and disappearing into an area that lead to the back of the stage. 

What's going on?

*** Niall's POV ***

The lights just went dark, and i'm standing behind the curtain that will reveal my lie to the whole room. 

Is she here? Did Harry tell her anything? My nervousness and guilty conscience were taking over my body. I don't know if I can go through with this.

"Our first guest taking the mic today is someone who we normally don't see around here.." The announcing voice said on the other side of the curtain.

I turned my body, looking around the area for Harry to assure me that Jade was in the audience. As I turned to my right, I saw Harry standing near the door, giving me a small nod. I nodded back to him, facing my head towards the ground and letting out a long sigh. 

This was it, this is when the heartbreaking is going to happen. 

This is the last time I'm going to see Jade.

"Niall Horan!" The voice shouted on the other side of the curtain; it slowly rising from the hanging position it was in a minute ago.

"Before I start; I just want to say.." I began to say in a hushed tone, stepping out on the stage in front of the crowd, looking around for Jade. I finally found her, my eyes locking to her surprised ones.

"I'm sorry." 

------------------

hehehehehehehehehehehe I love cliffhangersssssss. I really do. HAHA hehe HAHA. 

Vote/ Comment pleaseeeeeeeeeeee pwetty pweaseeee like pwwwweeeaasseeeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 1K 130
Well i think this is honestly self explanatory. This is for all who are directioners.. If you aren't then stop and find something else to read. {{{...
12.1K 449 31
“What the hell are you doing?” I spat at Zayn. He just pulled away from her to look at me. “Get your hands away from my sister.” “Harry I’m so so...
34.7M 313K 73
******READ A BIT OF MY LATEST CHAPTER TO SEE HOW MUCH MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED LIKE HONEST ITS SO CRINGEY I CANT****** Falling in love with your best...
48.8K 580 39
Sarah meets Harry by accident, when she helps him and the other One Direction members escape from the paparazzi. Harry asks her to be his girlfriend...