7 Rings

By sumxmoonlyfe

Been through some bad shit, I should be a sad bitch Who woulda thought it'd turn me to a savage? Whoever sai... More

7 Rings Main Characters
Entry #1- The Dancing Duo
Entry #2- I'm the real voice
Entry #3- Mom my beloved
Entry #5- A Singer who Stacks and A Rapper who Smacks
Entry #6- His Hyung and Her Unnie
Entry #7- The Soulless Singer
Entry #8- Street Singer not Lowlife Thief
Entry #9- Cold Shoulder
Entry #10- How To Say Sorry (PT 1)
Entry #11- Beyond (PT 2)
Entry #12- The Five Year Break Point
Entry #13- My Only Hyung
Entry #14- Cologne and Wax Strips (PT1)
Entry #15- Classy Reunion (PT2)
Entry #16- Strawberry Shortcake
Entry #17- Valentine's Day (PT 1)
Entry #18- Valentine's Day (PT 1.5)
Entry #19- Valentine's Day (PT2)
Entry #20- Hyung's Comfort
Entry #21- A Little Bit of Awkward and A Little Bit of Fun
Entry #22- One Step Closer
Entry #23- Caught in Between
Entry #24- Broken
Entry #25- Scoutings and Acceptance
Entry #26- The Fated Encounter of Ten Years
Entry #27- Unexpected Anger
Entry #28- Future Fear and Drinks
Entry #29- Unintended Meeting
Entry #30- Car Repair with You
Entry #31- I Won't Let Anyone Hurt You
Entry #32- His Savior

Entry #4- Mister Songwriter

230 10 1
By sumxmoonlyfe

January 14, 2013

*Vile Labels*
[recording studio]

Sitting on his spinning chair, a young man twirls the pen that is on his hand while staring at the heaps of paper that were in front of him on the desk. He tugs on his turtleneck thinking about what to write. As he's doing that, he suddenly hears a knock on the door. He allows whoever was knocking to come in and he sees another young man standing in front of him.

Staff- Mr. Kim, sir wants you in his cabin right now.

Namjoon- Ok, I'll be right there.

The staff leaves and Namjoon picks up his phone and leaves, making his way to the bosses cabin. He uses the elevator and goes up to the 10th floor and stands in front of a big office door. He knocks on it and from the inside a man calls out to come in.

Namjoon- you called for me sir??

Hwan chul- ah Namjoon. Is the song that I told you to make ready?

Namjoon- not quite.

Hwan chul- what do you mean not quite??

Namjoon- well you gave me only 2 days to work on it and I didn't find the right inspiration to write it.

Hwan chul- inspired or not I need that song before the show on the 21st.

Namjoon- but it's impossible to do that if I'm not inspired. I need inspiration to make music.

Hwan chul- HAVING INSPIRATION IS NOT WHY I PAY YOU. I PAY YOU TO WRITE WORDS ON PAPER SO MY SON CAN BECOME FAMOUS. DO NOT FORGET YOUR WORTH. IF IT WASN'T FOR ME YOU WOULDN'T BE ANYTHING.

Namjoon- ...

Hwan chul- now get me my song, or get your resume out. Oh wait, you don't even have the proper education to know what that is.

Namjoon- I'll get the song finished.

Hwan chul- good. Now get out.

Namjoon leaves the room and goes back to wait for the elevator. As he leaves, he sees a young woman waiting to enter the office. He noticed her shaking fingers as she opens the doors to enter the office. He walks over to the elevator but remembering the young woman's shaking hands, he hesitated.

—————————————————————

Entering the office, the young woman stands in front of Hwan chul absolutely terrified. The old man stares at the young woman with even more anger than he had with Namjoon.

Hwan chul- I'm going to ask you one thing.

Jihyo- o-ok.

Hwan chul- did you or did you not reject my son when he approached you for a collab?

Jihyo- I did.

Hwan chul- HOW DARE YOU?! DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU REJECTED?!! DID YOU FORGET YOUR WORTH??!!

Jihyo- it's not my fault. I've seen him. He's so lazy. And plus I know it's not him who sings or writes the songs. Mr. Kim Namjoon writes the songs and Mr. Kim Taehyung sings the songs. Frankly, I'm surprised people haven't even tried to figure out who really works in this company and who doesn't.

Hwan chul- WATCH YOUR TONE!! DO NOT FORGET THAT I MADE YOU. AND I CAN DESTROY YOU. PEOPLE LIKE YOU DESERVE TO LIVE IN THE DUMPS BUT I TOOK PITY. GENEROUS PEOPLE LIKE ME GIVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU A CHANCE AND YOU DO THIS.

Jihyo- ....

Hwan chul- this is your last warning Park Jihyo. Do not try to double cross me.

Jihyo- yes sir.

Hwan chul- good. Now get out.

Jihyo leaves the cabin and waits for the elevator. Little did she know that a young man was standing behind the door overhearing the entire conversation. Namjoon watches Jihyo enter the elevator and press the floor button she needs to go to. He quickly runs to the elevator and manages to get in before the doors closed. Jihyo was startled seeing him enter the elevator. Nevertheless she quickly recognized him and was shocked.

Jihyo- where did you come from??

Namjoon- I was already here.

Jihyo- huh??

Namjoon- I was here before your meeting with the boss.

Jihyo- but I didn't see you.

Namjoon- you were a little too busy with your thoughts.

Jihyo- oh..

Silence fell upon the two making the atmosphere of the elevator ride very awkward. Jihyo figured out that he overheard everything the boss said to her while Namjoon felt it was inappropriate to bring it up.

Namjoon- listen—

Jihyo- whatever you heard was all true. I don't want your pity or sympathy. I'm here to do one thing and that's to sing. So it's best if we keep our distance.

Before Namjoon could say anything, Jihyo's floor came and she quickly left. Jihyo didn't want to speak to him that way but she knew that Hwan chul would see them through the elevator camera and not wanting to get him into any trouble, she shut him off completely. She knew what that man was capable of. He could ruin Namjoon's career and hers at the same time with just one snap. She decided to forget her unexpected encounter with Namjoon and focused back to her work.

—————————————————————

*company cafeteria*

Namjoon was unsure of what to think. He felt that he offended Jihyo by eavesdropping on the conversation but he felt that if he didn't, his own gut feeling would've turned out to be true which was Jihyo getting hurt somehow. Whether it was physically or emotionally. He knew how Hwan chul would manipulate employees and emotionally blackmail them. He would always bring up their status and how he was so "generous" in giving them this chance of working with him. Although he never met Jihyo before their elevator encounter, he is friends with Taehyung. So he knows what that man does with the employees. As he's immersed in his thoughts, he gets a tap on his shoulder. He looks up to see Taehyung staring back at him.

Namjoon- Tae??

Taehyung- where are you lost hyung?

Namjoon- nowhere. So what brings you here?

Taehyung- just got bored. Already rehearsed all the songs.

Namjoon- (sigh) I wish I had your job.

Taehyung- oh yeah. What'd you get yelled at for today?

Namjoon- what makes you think that?

Taehyung- no right person in their mind would want the job I have.

Namjoon- fair point. The usual.

Taehyung- ahh. So how many days is it this time?

Namjoon- 2.

Taehyung- wow..

Namjoon- how's preparation for the show coming?

Taehyung- you mean how's Kyongchul's "voice" preparation going?

Namjoon- (chuckles) sure yeah that's what I meant.

Taehyung- well if that's what you meant than look behind me at the table all the way by the window.

Namjoon looks at the table only to see Kyongchul flirting shamelessly with a few girls who were quite uncomfortable.

Taehyung- (turns back to Namjoon) I think it's going quite well.

Namjoon- (facepalms) why do I even try to have a decent convo with you when all you do is hang with Yoongi hyung.

Taehyung- (chuckles) hey he teaches great things.

Namjoon- of course.

Taehyung- I should go now. Before the devil appears and starts his crazy again.

Namjoon- see ya Tae.

Taehyung- bye hyung.

Taehyung leaves and Namjoon is once again left alone. He goes back to working on the lyrics and manages to write a few lines. Hours go by and he finally gets the inspiration he wanted and wrote down everything that came to his mind. As he was writing, he noticed Jihyo sitting on a table not too far away from the table he was sitting on. He saw her eating a sandwich while also looking at a piece of paper that most likely had a song on it that she needed to memorize. He noticed that she wasn't eating anything other than the sandwich and a bottle of water. He gets an idea and packs his things up.

—————————————————————

Jihyo was looking at the lyrics paper while eating her sandwich. As she was eating she didn't realize how Namjoon has sneakingly left a bar of chocolate and a small note on her table. After finishing her sandwich, Jihyo puts the lyrics sheet down to drink water when she notices the chocolate bar. She looks left and right but sees no one in particular. She picks the chocolate bar and under it finds the note. Picking up the note she looked at what was written on it.

~Sometimes it's ok to have sweets, you won't gain weight that quickly from one~

- from a songwriter to a singer

Jihyo immediately knew who the "songwriter" was and smiled looking at the note. She puts the note back on the table and picks up the chocolate bar. Opening it, she takes a bite and within seconds she forgets all her stress and worries. Jihyo always loved chocolate. But she was afraid to have it because it has too much sugar and she didn't want to gain weight. She gladly ate all the chocolate and felt grateful to Namjoon for making her feel much better.

—————————————————————

*8 pm*

Namjoon finally finishes the song he needed to. His 2 days were up and he only had today to finish it. With luck, he found the right inspiration and the lyrics came to him. For some reason, after bumping into Jihyo twice, he felt that the right lyrics came to mind. He didn't know why but he felt much better after seeing Jihyo at the cafeteria. He puts his pen down and cleans the papers up. He then goes to the bathroom to wash his face before he leaves.

—————————————————————

*10 minutes later*

Namjoon comes out of the bathroom and grabs his jacket. But as he was about to grab his phone, he notices a chocolate bar and a note attached to it. He picks the note up and reads it.

~sweets are best shared. Don't worry you won't gain weight either~
- from THE singer to Mister Songwriter

Namjoon's smile grows wider with every word he read. He quickly runs out of the recording studio just in time to see Jihyo get inside the elevator and look at him as the doors close. He goes back inside the recording booth and finds the finished song he wrote. He was thinking of titling the song the next day, but he thought of the perfect title when he saw the chocolate bar and Jihyo.

~Sweet Night~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 2K 59
Jennie comes from a rich family, but doesnt want to appear rich. She wants to be simply be normal like no other are. She likes to wear clothes that a...
31.4K 1K 37
"You are just some cheap girl that I used. It's your fault for breaking up with me. You want me to hate you then I will fulfill your wish." Lisa and...
20.5K 526 18
7 famous students at first were bullying the new student in their school which is a nerd girl. The nerd girl is not like what people think. She actua...
10.6K 419 48
๐—ง๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—š๐—š๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ช๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ก๐—œ๐—ก๐—š - ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ , ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ , ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด , & ๐—ฆ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐Ÿ”ž Y/n L/n a 25 year old black female has gone...