Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
3. Seedling
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
8. Sweet
9. Warmth
10. Home
11. Read
12. Magus
13. Gulp
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
25. Handsome
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
29. Bow
30. Deos
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian

35. Airplanes

101 17 12
By Siekyou

Silver's point of view

The day of princess Sapphire's birthday celebration came, and i was busy right now, preparing for it.

My outfit for today was especially prepared by Mother Duchess, she was more excited than i am. I don't have any sense for fashion anyway so i just let mother prepare it for me.

The gift i made for the birthday girl is already done and wrapped up, all i can say is that i did a pretty good job. I'm sure she will like it.

"Sister, are you heading to the palace now?" Monica asked me walking towards my way.

Mother, Monica, and i are the only ones invited to the princess's banquet. The two boys are not interested, and the other kids, are not qualified to attend a royal banquet. Though, i am also unqualified, myself, i was made an exception, because the princess invited me, herself.

I was just about to get into my carriage when she arrived. She was dressed in a light blue gown, with pearls adoring her hair, today, she looks very cute too.

"Yes i am, do you want to ride with me?" I offered her my hand, wanting to help her get on.

"Sure, i want to ride your carriage more, it's more comfortable and relaxing than mine." She took my hand and we both got into the carriage.

My carriage is indeed more comfortable than most carriages. This one is modified by me, i put every knowledge i know in order to make this comfortable, and with the help of magus, it was made easier.

"What sort of gift did you prepare for Her Highness, sister?" Monica asked, breaking the silence inside the carriage.

"It's something... interesting." I answered her, trying to keep it a secret.

"Hmm, is it a dress?" She asked while her index finger is on her chin.

"No," i answered with a small smile.

"A jewelry?" She guessed again.

"No," i looked at the window and smiled to myself.

"This girl is really curious about it," i was thinking to myself, while Monica continued guessing, while my answer is always a no.

"Is it a land deed?" She guessed once again.

Our whole ride consisted of her asking me about my gift and me answering her, we didn't even notice that we already arrived at Princess Sapphire's birthday venue.

The place is decorated with flowers and expensive designs. Everywhere you look, there are lots of children dressed in fancy clothes.

Monica and i, stepped out of the carriage, and everyone's eyes are on us. Once they saw the carriage of the Cross duchy, they suddenly got interested. Not caring about the stares, we proceeded to enter the huge hall. If the decorations on the outside is already splendid enough, the decorations in here are far more glamorous. There are bunch of tables situated on the corners, circling what looks like the dance floor. The musicians are continuously playing classical music, making everyone's aura cheerful, myself included. There are adults around but the children are more in numbers, probably because this is a children's party.

Though it is a children's party, the number of high ranking nobles is not lacking at all. There are a bunch of earls and marquess, and i even saw a duke. Studying politics for a year, i can now confidently say that i know every important names and people in this empire.

"Sister, everyone is there," Monica tugged on my hand and pulled me towards a group of children standing in a corner. Looking at them, i think i recognize some.

"Good afternoon everyone." Monica's greeting made their attention pointed at us.

"Good afternoon, Lady Monica," one young lady greeted her back, she looked "good afternoon too Lady Silver." She added.

I cringed at the address but i quickly changed it into a smile. "Good afternoon," i greeted simply, and i saw her cheeks painting pink.

"Silver, you're here!" Someone held my left arm and pulled me towards her, it's Lady Victoria.

"Victoria, good afternoon," i smiled at her, making her smile wider.

After insisting on it for hundreds of times, i gave in to her request to just call her Victoria. She said that being called formally by a friend is awkward and unfamiliar, so she wants me to stop it.

"I thought you wouldn't come," she pulled me away from everyone making me frown.

"Hey, Monica is still there," i said to her, trying to pull her back to the group.

"It's alright, they wouldn't mind." She took me to a table only for two people and we sat down.

"Is that your gift for Her Highness?" She pointed at the small box i was holding. Everything happened fast, i didn't realize that i was holding it still.

"Yes, i want to personally give it to her later."

"Why not just give it to one of the maids, they'll bring it to her," i don't know what wrong i said, but her tone sounded a little sour.

"She said that she wants me to give it to her myself, all her gifts are screened for her safety so she wouldn't like it if other people saw it first." I was looking straight at her trying to figure out what's her problem.

"Is there something wrong?" I can't help but to ask when i saw her frown.

"It's nothing, don't mind me," she said, dismissing the topic.

We talked for some more until the whole grand hall became quiet as the arrival of the birthday girl came.

"Her Highness, the third princess has arrived!" The announcer shouted, making everyone look at the direction of the stairs.

There is someone waiting at the stairs offering his hand to the princess. That person is my brother, Howard. This isn't the second time that we met, we met before, but all i can say is that, he's too childish for my liking so i didn't bother with his insults.

Before Sapphire could see her escort, her smile is from ear to ear, but when she did saw him, her smile immediately dropped. But being a princess, she has to act like she's fine and still smiled, despite it being forced.

Everybody clapped as they descended from the stairs, while i on the other hand is rather not in the mood. I don't know what's happening, but i felt a little uncomfortable, when i saw my brother Howard escorting the Princess. I just shook my head and dismissed all my thoughts. It's probably because i do not like Howard one bit.

So childish i know. But i have a body of a child, meaning i am still a child- whatever. It is what it is.

When they are already down the stairs, Sapphire immediately let go of Howard's hand and greeted those who are congratulating her on her birthday. Howard on the other hand, being ignored, showed his displeasure by walking off and not looking back, his rudeness did not go unnoticed by the nobles around. Leaving the lady you're escorting is ungentlemanly.

After watching for some time, i felt a little overwhelmed by the place and went out to the garden. I didn't get to tell Victoria where i was heading because she was also busy talking to some noble children, so i just left in silence.

I want to greet the birthday girl, but there are too much people around her that i can't find the chance to.

Walking in the garden, the place is beautiful as expected. I'd be more surprised if it is messy and unkempt.

I think the gardens of nobles and monarchs are really good looking, the front of my mansion has flowers, but they are not well kept as the owner isn't interested in it at all. Most of it is only grass and wild plants, laying around. But i don't care, if the place is wide, it can be used in various ways. Unlike a garden than you need to tend to everyday. Besides, flowers aren't really my thing, i just appreciate them because of appearances but i'm not really too deep into it.

I saw a huge tree with a very wide shade so i decided to just sit under it. The cool breeze of the afternoon is making me sleepy. Alongside the sounds of the swaying trees, this place seemed more comfortable, so i lied down and looked at the sky. The clouds are very beautiful it's making me a little nostalgic, i can almost imagine a plane flying across it.

**************

"Sister, look! Look!" A seven year old girl poked the older girl on her shoulder making her look

She was pointing at the sky where an airplane is flying by. Airplanes are one of their favorite things to look at, specifically flying airplanes.

"Isn't it cool?! They said that airplanes look really pretty and smells so nice," the seven year old girl even hugged herself while closing her eyes, imagining what it feels like to ride on a plane.

"One day i will buy us an airplane and we'll fly around the world. Do you like that?" The older sister can't help but to pat her younger sister's head because of her cuteness.

"Really?! I want!" The younger sister jumped around as if receiving a huge gift for Christmas. She never once doubted her older sister, if she said that she'll do it, she sure will. So what her sister said is like an affirmation that they will have their own plane one day for sure.

"Of course, i promise you that. This sister of yours never once broken a promise right?" She laughed at her sister's silliness, not realizing that she will one day break the one promise she will regret for the rest of her life.

****************

"Silver," I can feel a light shake on my shoulder, making me open my eyes. I didn't realize that i fell asleep while remembering my past life.

When i got up, i felt cold sensations falling down my cheeks. I reached for it and saw that it was a liquid.

"Did i cry because of that dream, again?" I thought to myself and looked at the person who woke me up.

"Sapphire," i'm still not in my right mind so i blurted it out without thinking.

"Are you crying?" She probably saw my wet cheeks.

"No, it's just the dust."

She only smiled at me and held my hand. "What are you doing out here, laying on the grass? The ground is dirty, let's go," she tried to pull me up when i remembered something.

I reached for my gift, and handed it to her, "Happy birthday princess," i told her with a small smile.

She reached out and took it. "Should i open it now?" She had the biggest smile on her face, making me smile.

"It's up to you, it's yours," i shrugged my shoulders.

She smiled and opened the box revealing a rubik's cube adorned with jewels. Each colors are designated with it's own gemstone, while the rim is covered in shiny silver color. The gems are protected with a magus enhanced glass, so it wouldn't break no matter how many times it falls.

Her eyes widen as she took it out of the box, "it's so pretty, but what is this for? Is it for decoration? I've never seen anything like this before." She said while delicately holding the cube like it's a very precious thing.

I smiled at her and held out my hand, "may i?"

She nodded her head and handed me the cube.

"This one is a puzzle cube, every cubes are designated with a color. If you twist this around, the colors will scatter, and that's the purpose of it. If you don't have anything to do, you can just fiddle around with this thing and try to get it back to how it was." I handed her the cube, "here, try it."

"Wow, it's so interesting, i love solving puzzles. I will cherish this present very much." She smiled my way, making the bright atmosphere even brighter.

I smiled at her as she got busy with her new toy.

"I knew she will like it." I stared at her for some and once again looked at the clear blue sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162 14 9
The last thing you remembered was being someone stabbing you to death. So... why did you return to the time before all of this had happened? Were you...
280 23 7
Why do I exist, if nobody loved me, what was I made for? That was a question that I'd ask myself every day, and although I never found an answer, I'd...
616K 26.7K 66
I had reincarnated into Remis Xenith, the younger brother of the heroine, who died at the beginning of every route. In order to not interfere with t...
16.5K 704 17
*System*- welcome host I am your steal the -spotlight system- what am I ? why is it so bright here? *host is currently dead, this is your space room*...