COTE: Glimpse of the Past

By Noth_Lyv

They have seen his method, his cruelty, his genius mind and his absolute efficiency in executing his own bril... More

His Past
Deathmatch
[Three Shots] The Rooftop Madness (Part 1)
[Three Shots] The Rooftop Madness (Part 2)
[Three Shots] The Rooftop Madness (Part 3)
White Room's Battle Royale Preview
Suzuki
The First Encounter
Declaration of War

The Game Begin

7.8K 170 22
By Noth_Lyv

Sorry for the late and quite short chapter, school is a bitc- I mean a nice cute lady that wouldn't take pleasure from your misery. But fr though, if there's an anime girl version of school, I'm sure as hell we both would have some colorful hate-love relationship.

-oOo-

"Hey, Hirata-kun, are you okay?"

One of the girl that frequently surrounded Hirata asked, voice full of concern as she looked at his slouched figure in worry.

The question reaches his ears, but it failed to reach his heart.

His mind was far too preoccupied by a certain person that had shook the entirety of their generation and proceeded to traumatize them too.

It was no question that Hirata was among them- wait, no. He was not only traumatized by what he had seen, but also at an extreme point of breaking. And he was not even trying to count the fact that he vocally despised Ayanokouji before for his inhumane method.

If not for his desire to know Ayanokouji Kiyotaka better, than Hirata wasn't sure how his mind would survive.

Meanwhile, in another class where there's someone who was similar to him, a cluster of girls hugging each other surrounded that said person.

Ichinose Honami was beyond broken. That much was clear for anyone to see. Eyes empty, face full of despair and tears keep gushing out of her eyes as if it was a waterfall.

She doesn't have any right to call him a monster. She doesn't have any right to call him a monster. She doesn't have any right to call him a monster. She doesn't-

She doesn't have any right to be his friend.

There is numerous people whose thought was plagued with him and his name right now. But, it would take ages tor reveal them one by one. And so, the suddenly lit alive.

Deep within a forest, a group of similarly dressed teens was gathered in a loose circle. Their eyes were watching each other with suspicion and wariness, their mind was filled with a storm of thought about how to get out of there when the situation went awry.

But even as they put basically zero trust on each other, they knew what's their purpose here and they had to force themselves to join hands.

Otherwise, they wouldn't have the slightest chance to survive in this inhuman exam.

"That wasn't ominous, at all..."

"So," A boy with a blond hair started, "I take it that you're all here agreed to join this alliance."

He gave the ragtag group of teens a small, placating smile. A smile that could have swoon any normal girls if not for the tense atmosphere in this moment.

This boy, he was basically looked like an exact copy of Hirata's ikemen guy. A blonde hair and beautiful pair of green eyes. He was one of the children that was kidnapped at his young age by the White Room.

His name, or number to be more precise, is 17.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, 17."

Casually sitting on a very tall branch of tree, there was a girl with a slightly unkept dark green hair. Her black eyes lazily inspected a piece of hidden camera on a tree a few meters away from her before it shifted their attention to the blonde boy.

"Just because I was in here right now, it doesn't mean I agreed with whatever bullshit you have.

"Look, Ibuki, apparently you have a sibling left there!"

"Shut up, Ryuuen."

"I suggest you to not try doing anything funny in here, 46." Another teen suddenly joined the conversation.

With a brown hair styled in buzz cut, the teen was quite tall and big. He firmly stood at 17's side, face stern and serious as he met 46's lazy gaze with an unrelenting glare.

"I hated to admit this, but I was the same with 46."

Another boy joined, and it was kinda hard to not try to compare this person's look with President Manabu. With almost an exact glass and hair color, he would fool anyone for thinking that he was the former president of student council if not for his haircut.

"Your long lost twin, president? Heh, I wonder would he be more capable or at the same level as you." Fuuka suddenly says.

"It's rare to see you getting interested with me, Kiryuuin. What's the catch?" Says Manabu, eyes warily watching Fuuka.

"Hm? Is it a bad thing?"

"Not in particular."

Meanwhile, a certain Tachibana could only watch silence the most unexpected people to banter suddenly getting comfy with each other. Her gaze was filled with worry and panic. W-what if the president become interested at the narcissistic woman!?

It was quite unfortunate, but Tachibana's anxiety and inferiority has caused her to forget the fact that Fuuka Kiryuuin would not choose anyone other than herself, which absolutely obliterate any chance for her getting interested with anyone.

Well, except for one, maybe.

"You're the last person I would expect to be on the same page with 46, 51."

"Don't get me wrong, I merely stating what's obvious here. There's no proof that you and your plan could be trusted, 17. In fact, even if I perfectly understand your concern with 1, I honestly not quite sure that trusting you in the first place is a wise decision or not from the first place."

"You-!" 17's lapdog warned and about to give 51 a piece of his mind until a hand stopped him.

"I do really understand your concern, 51, my reputation isn't exactly the best after all." 17 started, "But are you confident enough to take down both 1 and 13? Even with this much of people, I was still feeling quite unsure about how to take down 1 and 13."

"Then what's the point of this meeting anyway?" A random teen joined.

"While it was true that the chance we could survive after facing those two monsters was quite small, it doesn't mean we don't have a way to defeat them for once and for all."

"And what exactly is this pan of yours, genius?" 46 mockingly asked, but far from irritated, 17 only smirked.

"We just don't have to deal with him by ourselves."

"Well, aren't things looking quite bright here. I wonder how will you tackle this obstacle in your life, monster."

Ryuuen does indeed want to know the answer. Far from the Advanced Nurturing High School, this battle royale of White Room looked far more... loose and violence-filled compared to their school.

As far as he knows, Ayanokouji is the type to use an underhanded trick and slip through loopholes rather than rushing into a trouble.

And with how things has turned, Ryuuen was sure that there's no rule Ayanokouji could use since there's basically no rule at all.

The scene on the screen changed with a fading black, showing a new pair of people with the same attire the other White Room children were wearing. Though, their appearance is, for the lack of better term, far more unique than the others.

"New character?"

One was best described as a giant of a man, with hulking muscle and staggering height. In fact, he looked like a monster rather than a human.

The other one was a girl, a short girl with a long white hair that seemingly shine under the bright daylight. She was absolutely beautiful, like a princess from another world that her beauty alone seemingly radiated an ethereal glow, charming anyone who dares gaze her.

"The day is quite nice, don't you think?"

Big smile was on my face. When sister is talking, the day is nice!

"Wait, what?"

"Yes, sister. With you in here everything is nice!"

Sister sighed. D-did I do something wrong?

"Okkun, not everything is me, you know?"

"B-but! You're the best sister! Everything get better when you're there!"

Sister's smile is beautiful. Sister's face is beautiful. Everything about sister is beautiful!

Sister suddenly grabbed my face and look into my eyes.

"Thank you, Okkun. But that doesn't mean you must always. What did I say to you about living your life?"

"That I must live for myself..."

"Unh, that's right! You must live for yourself!"

"But sister-!" Sister soft finger touched my lips.

"A good boy should listen to the older, and you're a good boy, right, Okkun? I want the best for you, I want the best just for you. And if you could be happy, then I will too. Do you understand now?"

My mouth felt dry. But I answered.

"Yes, sister."

Sister smiled.

"Good! Now let's get to the hut on the hill before anyone, all right?"

As long as it was sister, then everything will be the best thing ever!

"Yes sister!"

"What a weird pair."

"You know, Sakayanagi. That girl reminded me to you and now come to think of it, I expected you to be the kind who would brainwash and influence someone to become your pet." Ryuuen gave the crippled girl an amused side stare.

"Ryuuen-kun, what do you think Kamuro-san was doing by my side?"

"Kukukuhahahaha!"

"Tsk..."

The scene on the screen faded into black, and it finally shows the main pair of the show.

Standing over a cliff, we overlooks the sea of green forest and observed the beautiful scenery. Suzuki was far more quiet and calmer than before. I can guess why, things are going to get serious after all.

"There."

She pointed her finger, and I traced the imaginary line that she used to point something at far distant. From our position, there we can see a giant of a mansion sitting nicely waiting for its visitor...

To kill each other in a messed up situation.

The atmosphere in the room dropped a few temperature down while the students and teachers alike have a dark look on their faces.

"P-please, no more..." Ichinose weakly muttered, looking like she has been robbed away from the living world with the way she gazed emptily into nothing.

That was our destination. And by our I mean basically everyone in this exam.

Food, water, medicine and even any miscellaneous things from your usual household was in that villa.

And since that this exam will be hold for an entire week, getting into that house is an absolute necessity.

We can't just survive by eating hunting our foraging for food since I failed to find anything edible in this forest just yet. Not even a squirrel or small bird could be found here actually.

And the everyday house-equipment from that place was quite a bonus to survive in this place.

As much as I don't want to step into the house, we really need to in order to survive. I just hope things won't get too chaotic as we reach there.

"Ayanokouji-sama, do you forget the rules in every story that you shouldn't jinx yourself like that!?" Unlike the others, Sotomura was quite vocal with the way Ayanokouji may have cursed himself with bad luck.

Meanwhile, Amasawa was contemplating the current situation of her senpai, which was bleak to say the least. Stranded in nowhere with nothing and combined with how everyone basically aiming to kill you...

She was loathe to admit, but no one, absolutely no one from her generation might even be able to survive that shitty situation if luck wasn't with them.

Yagami gritted his teeth as he realized yet once again how inferior he was.

"Let's get there before anyone else, Suzuki."

"Hmm." She gave me a nod.

On this place, we're nothing but an animal. Forced by our own instinct to preserve by going straight to the source of food in the jungle, while the other heynas were following close behind.

As the screen faded in darkness, they have expected that the episode for the day would end and they will finally get their deserved rest,. especially to those with broken mind.

However, the show actually continued, showing a last short introduction scene.

The wind gently blows.

And a pair of red eyes opened.

They are slitted sharply, much like an animal, and complete with a beastly glow as if the owner of these crimson orbs was hungry.

And she was indeed hungry.

"Another one?"

"He's close."

The golden beast was hungry. Her beautiful face and tantalizing body was radiating with ferocious desire. Of her sweet victory, of the sickly sweet victory she will finally achieved and she will finally be able to rule over the world without having to feel shame.

"Time to settle this for once and for all, Ki~yo~ta~ka~."

Cocky smirk adorned her face and with that, everything went black.

-oOo-

That was quite short no? Indeed. To be honest, I absolutely have no idea how this thing will play out lmao.

Anyway, if you're worried about remembering this characters with a weird number for name (I'm sure y'all hate math, me too don't worry), I can assure you that they're just a gimmick to make the story seems lifely.

No need to input their description into that overfilled and corrupted tiny brain yours since they would die as fast as the background characters in Chainsaw Man.

Except ma boi Yoshida.

Anyway, that's also why I didn't bother putting any random anime art for their appearance. Except for the last girl, she's basically fem!gilgamesh if you're wondering.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

891K 55.7K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
1M 43.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
542K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...