𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐑| Max Mayfield [COMPL...

By tangledkisses

COMPLETED UNTIL SEASON FIVE "And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one" [SEASON T... More

-𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
graphics
i. home at last
ii. the unknown
iii. eleven in hiding
iv. madmax
v. trick or treat, freak
vi. the pollywog
vii. will the wise
viii. dig dug
ix. the lost sister
x. the gate
-𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
xi. disconsolate
xii. suzie, do you copy?
xiii. the mall rats
xiv. the missing lifeguard
xv. the sauna test
xvi. pranks & the flayed
xvii. e plurbius unum
xviii. the bite & the truth
xix. the battle of starcourt
xxiv. bonus: christmas
-𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
xxv. the sour prankster come back
xxvi. the hellfire club
xxvii. vecnas curse
xxviii. the monster and the superheros
xxix. dear billy part one
xxx. dear billy part two
xxxi. the nina project
xxxii. the dive
xxxiv. 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅..?
FINN AND CELESTE??

xxxiii. the masscare at hawkins lab

1.3K 40 33
By tangledkisses

The Wheeler residence became the setting for questioning as the five kids huddled together on the couch. Powell, curious, asked, "What were you all doing at the lake?" Cassidy, seated between Theodore and Max, remained silent, unwilling to answer. A moment of anticipation passed as they exchanged glances. Finally, Dustin began, "Uh, it's comp—"

"We were... just taking a walk," Max explained. Callahan raised an eyebrow, "A walk? At nine o'clock pm?" Cassidy rolled her eyes, sensing her little sister's glare.

stop glaring at me erica

how the hell are speaking to me in my head nerd!?

first off im not the nerd , you are. second off i'm just using the telekinetic ability to talk to you. so now stop giving me that look.

you gonna tell me why you were at the lake?

nope. all i can say is operation child endangerment.

ugh don't remind me of that. whatever. these police officers will get you to answer.

yeah right.

"...And Nancy, was she with you during this night swim?" Mrs. Wheeler inquires, catching Cassidy off guard. Tuning back into the conversation, Cassidy furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "No," Max responds. "Yes," adds Dustin, exchanging a look with Max. Cassidy huffs, and Powell gives her a questioning look. "Have something to say, Miss Sinclair?" Powell asks, but Cassidy glares in response, remaining silent. Theodore interjects, "We're not sure if Nancy was there."

"She was there. Then she left. It's all a little confusing."

"That's when you guys barged in," Theodore nodded, mustering a fake smile. "Right at that moment, they dared me to spill the beans," Max explained, glancing at Theodore and Lucas, who exchanged knowing looks. "Oh, yeah," Lucas laughed, recalling the amusing situation.

"Excuse me, sir," Officer Callahan nodded toward Theodore, who responded with a nonchalant hum. "Aren't you Hopper's adoptive kid—now Joyce Byers' adoptive kid? Aren't you supposed to be in California— Wait, with this one here too—Cassidy Sinclair?" Callahan's inquiry caught Theodore and Cassidy off guard, their eyes widening.

"Joyce let me visit, dumbass," Theodore retorted with a smirk. "And she told Cass to come back as well. A little family emergency with Jane. They didn't want me there, it's all good though. Mike's with her, making sure she's good and all," he explained, leaving Officer Callahan momentarily taken aback. Cassidy bit her lip, trying to stifle a laugh at the unexpected turn of events.

"Well, you guys are lucky you didn't get shot."

"Have you had any contact with Eddie?"

"That physco.. freak killer? God, no."

"Nope. Absolutely not."

"No. We havent heard from him." Theodore smiles. "We barely know the guy."

"Oh, that's a bunch of bull," Erica declared, stepping forward with her arms crossed. The Sinclair parents scolded her, but she continued, "I mean, you realize they're lying! And Cassidy hasn't even said a word since they all got here! The whole couch is on fire!"

"Erica."

"Just the facts!"

"Are you lying to these policemen, Dusty!?"

Dustin's jaw dramatically dropped. "No!" he exclaimed in a high-pitched voice, leaving Cassidy to roll her eyes at the theatrical response. Mr. Sinclair intervened, emphasizing, "Lying to cops is a crime, kids," prompting widened eyes from Cassidy and Lucas.

"I'm not lying!" Lucas defended himself, while Cassidy snarled, "I haven't spoken a word. Not one."

"The fire is consuming us."

"Oh my god, shut it, Erica!" Cassidy yelled at her sister, who glared in return. "I swear to god, you're so annoying! I don't even know how you got this sass and snitching from!" Cassidy expressed her frustration with a mix of irritation and disbelief.

"Threaten them with a little jail time. Maybe that'll loosen their lips," Mr. Wheeler muttered, prompting laughter from Cassidy. "Now I know where Michael gets his snobbishness! It's from you! You're a real jerk, Michael; your son is a real piece of shit, by the way," Cassidy retorted, leaving Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler gasping.

"Cassidy!" her parents scolded her, but she responded defiantly, "Just the facts!" Glaring at her parents, Theodore, Lucas, Max, and Dustin exchanged wide-eyed looks. The chaos escalated as all the parents started yelling over each other, and Powell finally stood up, yelling, "SHUT UP!" as Cassidy laughed.

"We're gonna try a more civilized approach. One at a time. You first," Powell pointed at Max, who scoffed lightly. "Wait, what? Why me? Me, Theodore, and Cassie are not even in the Hellfire Club! It's those two big dumb idiots!" Max protested, emphatically pointing at Lucas and Dustin. Lucas snickered, drawing a sharp look from Max.

"Do I need to cuff you?" Callahan asked, triggering a glare from Cassidy. "Oh my god, can you shut up, Callahan? No one likes you! You may be very hot, but your personality sucks! Leave Maxine alone!" Cassidy boldly yelled, surprising her friends with her unexpectedly candid defense.

"Excuse me—"

"Okay, you. You're gonna sit outside and cool off," Powell told Cassidy, pointing towards the door as she gasped. "No buts. Out. After I talk to her, I'll come get you," he directed, and Cassidy groaned, reluctantly walking out the front door.

"Also, you. Come with me," Powell pointed at Theodore, who glanced at Lucas for help. "What?! I don't even go to Hawkins High!" Theodore exclaimed, but Powell sighed. "Just both of you. C'mon," he insisted, leading them away for further questioning.

She sat on the porch, annoyed. Knowing she couldn't go back inside until permitted, she longed to see what was happening with Lucas. Inhaling deeply, she closed her eyes, focusing on Lucas' energy, attempting to connect with him subconsciously. Suddenly, her nose began to bleed, and she was pulled into the void, uncertain of what awaited her on the other side.

She looked around, finding herself in a space where Lucas and Dustin were engaged in conversation. "Anything?" Lucas inquired of Dustin. "Nothing," Dustin replied, indicating a lack of progress or information in their discussion.

"Gosh, we need Theodore and Cass to find Steve and them," Dustin muttered, expressing his frustration. Lucas pursed her lips, adding, "Well, we can't. Cassie is as cold as ever, and Theodore is being questioned with Max."

"You don't have think they went through.."

"Through watergate? Without us? Without a plan? Without weapons? They wouldn't be that stupid."

Cassidy scoffs. "Yeah." Lucas mutters. "They might just be laying low cause the law got us."

"The law?" Erica said, walking over to them. "What is this, Gunsmoke? The stupid and the ugly? Should I round up the posse? Saddle the horses?" She taunted, provoking an annoyed look from Lucas.

"Erica. Please, just go away."

"Here's the deal. Either you tell me what's happening or I tell Dustin what I found under your bed," Erica negotiated, prompting Lucas to give his sister a stern look.

Cassidy cursed in her head. This wasn't gonna be good. She couldn't defend Lucas.

"Please, no," Lucas pleaded and questioned, a hint of desperation in his tone, while Dustin sported an amused expression. "Spill your guts, cowpuncher," Erica insisted, adding a playful threat to encourage Lucas to share the information.

"What'd she find?" Dustin questioned, eager for answers, as Lucas shook his head. "Nothing," he replied, seemingly determined to keep the discovered secret under wraps.

Lucas was about to find himself in real trouble. "Oh, and how you got jealous about Will and Theodore dating? Oh yeah, Cassidy sorta told me that," Erica smirked, reveling in the revelation, as Lucas shot her a pointed look.

Wait how did Erica know that? I never told her.

"No, she didn't. She hasn't spoken to you in a few days," Lucas protested, gaping at Erica's claim. Erica rolled her eyes. "I may have discovered that I have mind-reading abilities and mind control. But that's beside the point—" Lucas and Dustin's eyes widened. "Wait, what??" they exclaimed, shocked. Erica rolled her eyes again. "I mean, it explains how I can negotiate pretty well? Anyways, back to the topic of Lucas—"

Cassidy shot her eyes open, finding herself back in real life as Max walked outside. "You okay?" Max asked, sitting down beside her. Cassidy sighed, looking at her lap. "I... don't— Can you just leave me alone, Max? It's been three months," she said, her words filled with frustration.

Max scoffed lightly, "You're the one who kept trying to talk to me for months! Now I'm trying to!" she shot back, making Cassidy laugh sarcastically.

"I just don't get it. You're mean to me for months, then all of a sudden you want to talk to me?!" Cassidy yelled, frustration evident in her voice. Max bit her lip and shook her head. "Well, I still don't get why you still care about me!" Max yelled back, the tension between them palpable.

Cassidy turns her head. "I—"

Max grabbed Cassidy's face, pressing her lips against hers. Cassidy melted into the kiss, their lips moving in sync as she raised her hand to Max's face. Max moved her hands down to Cassidy's hips, deepening the kiss. The passion between them was palpable. Max felt butterflies in her stomach; she had missed this with Cassidy.

Dustin and the others jumped out of Nancy's room, running to the front porch, only to find Cassidy and Max making out. The unexpected sight left them stunned.

"Holy shit, they're kissing," Theodore blurted, eyes wide, while Lucas stood agape. "Okay, but like, my sister is stupid to make out with her right now. We're literally about to save Steve and all of them," Lucas commented, rolling his eyes. Theodore smirked and nudged Lucas in the side. "Jealous of your sister? She did tell me how you yelled at her about dating Max," he teased, raising an eyebrow.

Lucas rolled his eyes, irritated that Theodore was teasing him about the wrong thing. He wasn't jealous of his sister dating Max anymore; his feelings had shifted. He was now jealous that Theodore was dating Will again because he had feelings for Theodore.

Erica groaned, walking up to them with her hands on her hips. "Alright, lovebirds, we need to get to Eddie's right now. They're stuck in the Upside Down, and there's a gate there," Erica asserted, sassing them. Max and Cassidy pulled apart with embarrassing red faces. "How did you see us—?" Cassidy began, only to be cut off by Erica's eyeroll.

"Quite long enough." Erica muttered.

Now at Eddie's, Steve, Nancy, Robin, and Eddie watched as Lucas and Max put a mattress down for them to land on. "Those stains are, uh... I don't know what those stains are," Eddie trailed off, prompting a chuckle from Cassidy. However, her amusement turned to fear as she heard the clock noise.

Cassidy turned around to see a clock, backing away nervously. Max placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, asking, "You okay?"

Cassidy stood agape, nodding slowly as she looked near the couch where the clock was, only to find it gone. "Not quite sure how these physics work. But, uh.. here goes nothing," Dustin said, throwing a tarp up for them to climb on. "There we go," he smiled, but Cassidy felt herself having a hard time breathing. She watched Eddie and Robin climb back over, and then it clicked. Cassidy felt herself pulled into a trance.

Author notes:
italics— in 'vecnas' mind ? idk what to call it
non-italic — what is going on with max and them trying to save nancy and cassidy
bold— memories

Max turned to Cassidy. "I can't believe I ever dated you," Max snarled, leaving Cassidy's eyes slightly widened. "W—what?" Cassidy stammered, taken aback by the unexpected hostility.

"You're a know-it-all who is obsessed with me!" Max exclaimed, leaving Cassidy gasping and backing away into a wall. "I can't believe I was ever friends with you," Theodore yelled as he appeared by Max's side.

Cassidy breathed heavily, her hands moving out instinctively, pushing them away with her mind. The tension in the room escalated as her emotions heightened.

The surroundings shifted to the lab, and Cassidy gasped, "No... No!" Dread filled her as the familiar and unsettling setting unfolded around her.

She saw Mildred in the distance, her eyes widening in fear. Turning, she sprinted down a hallway and rounded a corner, only to come face to face with Papa. "Hello, Five. Are you ready for—" he began, the ominous tone hanging in the air. Cassidy felt a sense of dread, her heart pounding as the surreal encounter continued.

As Cassidy screamed, the scene twisted into a nightmare. Papa stood before her, and with a surge of anguish, she clenched her fists, witnessing him being covered in antimatter, causing a gruesome explosion. Blood splattered on Cassidy, who couldn't comprehend the surreal horror unfolding.

Turning in horror, she encountered Mildred in the distance. "Boo, bitch," Mildred snarled, and Cassidy's fear intensified. Mildred pressed her hand against Cassidy's neck, pushing her against the wall. "L— let me go!" Cassidy choked out, feeling Mildred's grip tightening. "No, you deserve to rot," Mildred snarked, the tension in the air palpable. Cassidy struggled for breath, gasping for air as Mildred laughed sadistically.

Desperation filled Cassidy's voice as she asked, "W— what did I— I ever do— to you!" Mildred's response was fueled by anger. "You took everything from me!" she yelled, her rage evident as she threw Cassidy to the ground, leaving her trapped in the nightmarish labyrinth of her own mind.

Cassidy gasped for breath, glaring at Mildred. "How did I take everything from you?" Cassidy yelled, desperation and confusion lacing her voice. Mildred rolled her eyes, a cruel smirk on her face. "You killed me!" she accused, her words echoing with bitterness and accusation, shrouded in the haunting atmosphere of Cassidy's subconscious.

"I don't think you are dead?! You're standing right in front of me, bitch!" Cassidy snarled, her frustration evident. Mildred kneeled in front of Cassidy, revealing a twisted revelation. "I did die in that fire. A part of me did. I was reborn because of you!" Mildred shouted, her words laden with a vengeful intensity.

Cassidy furrowed her eyebrows, perplexed. "What? What, are you immortal or something?!" Cassidy yelled, grappling with the surreal nature of Mildred's revelation. Mildred chuckled evilly, closing her eyes, leaving Cassidy trapped in a nightmare of uncertainty.

The setting changed, and Cassidy found herself locked in a creepy basement. Fury surged through her, and she clenched her fists, shadow-jumping to the door. She slammed her hands on the door repeatedly, shouting, "Let me out, bitch!" The oppressive atmosphere and the sense of entrapment heightened the intensity of her desperation.

"Oh, Cassidy Sinclair, let me tell you a story. When you killed me in that fire, I did indeed die. Papa and my wonderful father found me. They... they gave me a cure. It made me strong, very intelligent, and many other things. It also gave me the ability to talk to One. You remember or heard of him? You probably haven't... he was, well, put in the Upside Down two years before you were brought to the Lab. One helped me learn about Papa and my father's evil plans. They were going to use me as their little pet to make you, Nine, and Eleven stronger. They didn't think I was worth it. So, I killed my father, but ugh, Papa got away. That's where I was back home last year. Then One helped me make a plan to kill you. I would kill El and Theodore, but that's One's job because they betrayed him more than you ever did with me," Mildred explained from behind the door, leaving Cassidy's face fallen, the weight of the revelation sinking in.

"I.. Mildred, please listen to me. You don't have to be like this. You can be good. You— You don't have to be like him. You can use your powers for the great or good! I'm sorry that happened, but It was never my plan to kill you. It was an accident! It was your idea to play a prank on the teacher!"

Mildred laughed, opening the door with a malevolent smirk. "One gave me a great power for the greater good. It was going to help me kill you," she explained, her evil smirk widening. Cassidy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and concern. "What?" Before Cassidy could react, Mildred threw her hand out, wielding her newfound power. Cassidy was lifted into the air and slammed into a wall in the creepy basement, held captive by Mildred's telekinetic abilities.

Cassidy groaned, attempting to escape, but the invisible force held her limbs back. Mildred descended the stairs, approaching Cassidy with a malicious laugh. "I hope you had a nice life," Mildred sneered, hovering her hand over Cassidy's face. Cassidy gasped, her eyes turning white as Mildred extracted her life force, absorbing all of Cassidy's memories.

Tears streamed down Cassidy's cheeks as she remembered all the happy moments with her friends and, most importantly, Max. The connection between them shattered as Mildred consumed Cassidy's essence, leaving her trapped in a nightmare, stripped of her memories and the life she once knew.

The air filled with the joyous call of "CASSIE!" as Lucas, her twin brother, charged toward her. His arms enveloped her in a tight embrace, a physical manifestation of the years of separation coming to an end. Cassidy, basking in the warmth of the hug, responded with a soft, "Hey, Lukey." The tenderness in her voice carried a sense of familiarity, a shared language that transcended the time spent apart. In that moment, the weight of the past began to lift, replaced by the simple, cherished connection between siblings.

The siblings pulled away from their embrace, and Cassidy, with a keen eye, noticed the glistening tears in her brother's eyes. Concern etched across her face, she gently asked, "Hey, what's wrong?" He took a moment, gathering his emotions before responding, "It's just... I've been through a lot since you've been gone. Life got tough, and I missed having you around. I'm so glad you're back. I love you."

The weight of his words hung in the air, emphasizing the depth of their connection and the struggles faced in Cassidy's absence. The sincerity of his expression mirrored the profound impact her return had on her brother.

"I love you too, lil bro," Cassidy said, her grin widening with genuine affection. Lucas, ever the stickler for details, interjected, "By 5 minutes!" Their playful banter elicited laughter, a shared moment of sibling camaraderie that had been missing for far too long. Cassidy, still beaming, couldn't resist the teasing, "Well, come on! I have to see Mom, Dad, and Erica!" The levity in their exchange set the tone for the joyous reunion that awaited them as they headed together to reconnect with their family.

The front door swung open, and Cassidy couldn't contain her excitement. "I'm back!" she yelled, stretching her arms out as if ready to embrace the entire house. The first to respond to her enthusiastic return was Erica. They rushed into a tight hug, their embrace conveying the depth of the missed connection. "I missed you!" Erica exclaimed, her words filled with sincerity and affection, capturing the essence of the moment that marked Cassidy's joyful return home.

"I missed you too, E," Cassidy said, a warm smile lighting up her face as she held onto the hug. As Erica pulled away, she expressed, "It's nice to have you back. Now we can prank Lucas again together." A mischievous glint sparkled in Erica's eyes, anticipating the return of their sibling antics. However, Cassidy's initial smile started to fade, sensing there might be more to Erica's excitement about pranking Lucas than met the eye. The subtle shift in Cassidy's expression hinted at an unspoken concern or perhaps a change that she wasn't fully aware of yet.

"E, I'm not doing pranks ever again. Of course, we can tease him, but pranks? No," Cassidy assured Erica, her tone holding a firm resolve. Erica, with an eye roll, responded, "Yeah, okay," in that typical teenage way that suggested she might have other plans. Cassidy playfully ruffled Erica's hair, evoking a sassy protest, "Don't mess up my hair!" Laughter filled the room as Cassidy walked away, heading toward her parents.

Greeting her parents with hugs, Cassidy felt the warmth of their synchronized words, "We missed you, Cassie." In perfect harmony, she replied, "Me too," encapsulating the emotions of the heartfelt reunion with her family.

"I got something for you!" Cassidy's smile brightened as she reached into her bag, sparking curiosity in Eleven's eyes. With a sense of anticipation, Cassidy unveiled the photograph she had taken of Mike and handed it to Eleven. "Here," she said, presenting the image captured in a moment of spontaneity. Eleven's eyes widened, and a smile crept onto her face as she held the photograph, a tangible connection to the person she missed. The room was filled with a shared warmth, as the friends navigated the intricacies of friendship in a world filled with secrets and uncertainties.

Since the moment Mike painted the picture of Cassidy and Eleven's connection, love had quietly taken root. The placement of a meaningful photo on Eleven's mirror symbolized their shared journey. With a smile, Eleven resumed her seat beside Cassidy, posing a question that hung in the air like a promise: "So, are you ready to go back to school?"

Cassidy, having immersed herself in the pursuit of knowledge from the confines of home to bridge the gaps left by the lab's unconventional education, met Eleven's gaze with a sense of accomplishment. "Absolutely," she replied, her eyes reflecting a mix of determination and anticipation. "I've caught up on everything, and going back to school with."

"I've earned the title of 'Sour Prankster' for the ruthless pranks I used to pull," Cassidy confessed. Eleven's curiosity sparked as she asked, "Sour Prankster?" with a delightful smile. Cassidy couldn't help but laugh, "Yeah, those pranks were something else. Miss the chaos, even though it often meant getting grounded or successfully pinning the blame on someone else. Ah, the art of mischief." Their laughter echoed, echoing the memories of Cassidy's mischievous escapades.

A mischievous glint sparked in Cassidy's eyes as an idea took shape. "What if I did one last prank? For you..." she suggested, a playful smile dancing on her lips. Eleven, intrigued, responded with, "What did you have in mind?"

Cassidy's smile widened as she unveiled her plan. "I'm thinking of heading to Hawkins Lab and messing up some chemicals with my antimatter powers." Eleven bit her lip, a mixture of excitement and caution evident in her expression. Cassidy, undeterred, turned practical. "Do you have something I could use to cover myself?" she asked. Eleven, catching onto the adventurous spirit, nodded, already considering the logistics of their playful escapade.

Draped in the blanket-turned-disguise, Cassidy materialized within the Hawkins Lab, instantly setting off a cascade of alarms. "What the?" she muttered, momentarily taken aback by the unexpected chaos. Ignoring the turmoil, Cassidy seamlessly melded with the frantic employees rushing past her, their focus consumed by the urgency of the situation.

As alarms blared overhead, Cassidy navigated through the labyrinthine corridors of the lab, her eyes scanning for the perfect testing room. Employees, oblivious to her true intentions, raced past, creating a chaotic backdrop to her covert mission. The air was thick with tension and urgency, but Cassidy pressed on, determined to execute her prank amid the whirlwind of confusion.

Cassidy's heart skipped a beat as she burst into the room, stumbling upon Nine hooked up to a brainwave moderator, a feline companion by his side. "Oh my god, Nine?" she whispered in disbelief. Glancing through the window, the sight of Dr. Owens conducting tests intensified her concern. "Oh, shit," Cassidy muttered under her breath.

Without hesitation, she raced to Nine, swiftly removing the brainwave moderator and clutching his hand. Time was of the essence. With determination etched on her face, Cassidy formed a tight fist with her free hand and, utilizing her teleportation abilities, whisked both herself and Nine away from the lab's confines. In the blink of an eye, they reappeared in the familiar haven of Eleven's cabin, leaving the chaos and uncertainty of the lab behind.

After finishing school, Cassidy magically teleported to the Cabin. With a warm smile, Cassidy greeted Nine and Eleven who were sitting on the couch. "Hey there! What's going on with you two?" Cassidy asked curiously. Eleven's face fell as she shared, "Hop doesn't want us to go out for Halloween tomorrow." Nine quickly defended himself, saying, "It's her decision, not mine."

Cassidy felt a pang of sympathy and concern. "I wish there was something I could do to help... Maybe I could bring back some candy for you guys, if you'd like?" Cassidy offered, hoping to bring a little joy to their Halloween. A bright smile lit up Eleven's face as she nodded in agreement.

"Hey, how was your first day of school?" Nine asked curiously, eager to hear about Cassidy's experience. "It was really good! Guess what? I met another new girl named Max, and we became friends right away," Cassidy shared excitedly, taking a seat between Nine and Eleven.

As Cassidy thought about Max, their cheeks turned a shade of pink. Wanting to discuss something important, Cassidy turned to the twins and asked, "Hey, do you guys know what LGBTQ+ is?" Eleven shook her head, and Nine joined in, indicating that they were unfamiliar with the term. It seemed like the topic wasn't commonly discussed, but Cassidy had done some research and delved deep into understanding it.

Cassidy took the time to explain to both Eleven and Nine what the LGBTQ+ community was all about. Eleven quickly grasped the concept, and Nine followed suit, although they seemed a bit confused at first. Nonetheless, both of them showed unwavering support for Cassidy, which made them feel incredibly grateful.

Just as the conversation was winding down, Nine couldn't help but tease, "So, do you like this Max girl?" Cassidy's face turned a bright shade of red, giving away their true feelings. "Oh my gosh, you totally do!" Nine exclaimed with a mischievous grin. Cassidy couldn't help but shyly admit, "Yeah... I do."

"She actually asked me to go to the arcade around 6, but I told her I couldn't because I wanted to check on you two," Cassidy explained to Nine and Eleven. The twins exchanged a knowing look, and Eleven couldn't help but smile. "Cass, I think she asked you out," Eleven said, her smile growing wider. Cassidy sat there for a moment, the realization sinking in. "Holy shit. She really did," Cassidy exclaimed, using a bit of colorful language to express their surprise.

Cassie glanced at her watch, her heart pounding with anticipation. The time read 5:57, and a surge of excitement rushed through her. "Oh my god... I think I still have time!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with a mix of disbelief and exhilaration. "I'll catch up with you guys later," she said, flashing a wide smile to Nine and Eleven before dashing off to the arcade.

As Cassie teleported to the arcade, she couldn't help but feel a flutter of nervousness in her stomach. She positioned herself outside, eagerly scanning the area. In the distance, she spotted Dustin and Lucas, engrossed in a game. Cassie rolled her eyes playfully at their antics, grateful for their presence but also eager for her own plans.

Leaning against the wall near the entrance, Cassie tried to contain her excitement. She kept her eyes fixed on the door, eagerly waiting for Max to arrive. Time seemed to slow down as anticipation built up within her. And then, in a burst of energy, a car zoomed up to the front of the arcade. Cassie's heart skipped a beat as Max emerged from the vehicle, exuding confidence and a hint of rebelliousness. As Max walked towards her, Cassie couldn't help but admire her free-spirited nature, even as she flipped off the driver with a bold and defiant gesture.

Max turned around, her eyebrows furrowing in surprise as she laid eyes on Cassie. "Cassie?" Max mumbled, her voice laced with a mixture of disbelief and joy. A smile spread across Cassie's face as she responded, "Maxine." The use of Max's full name caused a rush of warmth to flood Max's cheeks, her blush betraying her feelings. "I thought you couldn't come?" Max asked, her voice filled with curiosity and a glimmer of hope, eager to understand the change of plans.

"Trying to get rid of me?" Cassidy playfully quipped, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. Maxine's response came out in a nervous stammer, "N-no-No." Cassidy quickly reassured her, "Aw, don't worry, I'm just joking. My friends didn't mind me coming. I managed to find some time to make it happen." A sly smirk danced across Cassidy's lips as she noticed Maxine's quivering lips forming a smile. "You know what? I'm genuinely happy you made it," Maxine admitted, her voice filled with warmth and sincerity.

"Let's go have a blast!" Cassidy exclaimed, a beaming smile lighting up her face as she extended her arm. Max happily intertwined her arm with Cassidy's, and together they strolled into the venue.

Cassidy teleported to the Cabin to see Nine on rhe couch, and Eleven not in the room. "Hey, Ni. Where's El? I wanted to come over real quick, and see how you guys are doing."

"Ugh, she's beyond furious. Hop is being a total buzzkill and won't let her step foot outside on Halloween," Nine vented, frustration evident in his voice. Cassidy couldn't help but bite her lip, feeling a mix of empathy and worry for her friend.

"Gosh, I really wish things were different. I'd love nothing more than to bring you guys along for the Halloween fun. But, you know the deal. The lab is still hot on the trail of El, and they're desperate to find both of you. Especially you, my friend. You're their primary target right now," Cassidy explained, her words laced with a sense of urgency and caution. The gravity of the situation hung heavy in the air, leaving them both longing for a different reality.

"W-what do you mean?" Nine asked, his voice filled with confusion and curiosity. He was eager to understand the situation fully.

"Before coming here, I saw Dr. Jones," Cassidy explained, her tone slightly somber. "He was out there, actively searching for you." She let out a sigh, as if carrying the weight of the revelation.

Nine's voice trembled as he asked, "Why did you break me out?" The fear of being caught again was evident in his shaky voice.

Cassidy's response was filled with empathy and determination. "You were my only friend in that awful lab," she confessed. "I couldn't bear to see you suffer any longer, enduring torture and being forced to do things against your will. I had to take the risk and get you out of there. You mean too much to me." Her words carried a sense of deep friendship and a strong desire to protect Nine from further harm.

Cassidy could sense Nine's emotional state, his vulnerability on the brink of breaking down. Without hesitation, she took a seat beside him, offering a comforting presence. "Hey," she said softly, her voice filled with compassion. "I won't let those monsters take you or El back there. I promise."

As Nine's tears began to flow, Cassidy instinctively wrapped her arms around him, providing a much-needed embrace. Their bond was akin to that of siblings, forged through shared experiences and a mutual understanding of the horrors they had endured in the lab.

Feeling the weight of their connection, Cassidy spoke with sincerity, her voice filled with love. "I'm going to check on El now," she said gently, her hands resting on Nine's shoulders. "Ni, I love you. Okay? You're like a brother to me."

A smile, genuine and heartwarming, graced Nine's face as he replied, "I love you too, Cass." In that moment, their friendship became a beacon of light amidst the darkness, reminding them both of the strength they found in each other.

Cassidy rose from her seat, her determination driving her to take action. With a sense of urgency, she approached the door and rapped on it, the sound echoing through the room. Leaning in closer, she pressed her ear against the cold surface, straining to catch any sign of sobs coming from within.

Frustration washed over Cassidy as she attempted to turn the doorknob, only to find it locked. She turned her attention to Nine, who was seated on the couch, and inquired, "Hey, how long has she been in there?" Her voice carried a mix of concern and curiosity.

Nine's response revealed the passage of time, as he said, "Since Hopper left. So it's been about an hour now." The weight of the situation settled upon them both, fueling their determination to find a way to help their friend.

Cassidy's teleportation abilities allowed her to effortlessly appear in Eleven's room, where she was met with a bittersweet sight - Eleven sitting with a blindfold in her lap. A wave of sadness washed over Cassidy as she couldn't help but ask, "You checked on Mike, didn't you?"

Eleven silently nodded, her eyes reflecting a mix of worry and guilt. Sensing the weight of the situation, Cassidy settled down next to Eleven, their closeness offering a comforting presence. "I'm so sorry, El," Cassidy murmured, her voice filled with genuine remorse. "I wish there was a way I could stop Dr. Owens from relentlessly searching for you and Nine."

A pained expression crossed Cassidy's face as she continued, "But if I were to intervene, he would undoubtedly capture me as well. And if I were to reveal that I know your whereabouts, he would be onto us in no time." The helplessness in Cassidy's voice was palpable, a reflection of the difficult choices they were faced with.

Cassidy's arms wrapped around Eleven once again, embracing her tightly as she rubbed her back in a soothing manner. Just as the warmth of their connection began to ease the heaviness in the room, Cassidy's gaze shifted to her watch, revealing the harsh reality of their limited time together. Panic welled up inside her as she realized she was already three minutes late for school.

A tinge of sadness laced Cassidy's voice as she reluctantly shared the news with Eleven. "I have to go, Eleven. I'm really sorry," she murmured, her words filled with genuine regret. Eleven nodded, her expression a mixture of understanding and acceptance, silently acknowledging the obligations that pulled them apart.

"Hey, Cass?" Max mumbled, barely audible over the noise around them. Cassidy's eyes lit up with recognition, and they couldn't contain their excitement as they pulled Max into a tight, heartfelt hug. The warmth of their embrace enveloped both of them, momentarily blocking out the world around them.

As they finally pulled apart, Max's eyes narrowed with curiosity, their voice tinged with confusion. "Wait, I thought you said you might be gone for a while. What happened?" Cassidy's smile softened, and they replied with a hint of vulnerability, "Yeah, I thought so too, but turns out I was wrong. Something unexpected came up, and here I am." Their eyes met, understanding passing between them, as they continued their conversation, unaware of the unfolding events involving Hopper and Mike in that very moment.

Cassidy slowly regained consciousness, her eyes adjusting to the surroundings as she found herself nestled in Max's lap. She mustered a soft, raspy voice, calling out to Max, "Max?" Max leaned in closer, her voice gentle as she whispered, "Shh, you used up a lot of your energy." Confusion clouded Cassidy's mind as she asked, "What happened?"

Max's face tightened with concern, her fingers tenderly combing through Cassidy's curly blue hair. "Well, you regained your powers and unleashed a fierce wrath upon Billy," Max explained with a hint of pride. A smile tugged at Cassidy's lips as she chuckled, sitting up to take in her surroundings. "Where is everyone?" she inquired, eager to know the fate of her friends.

"In the tunnels, they're burning it. I didn't want to leave you alone," Max said to Cassidy, her voice filled with worry. Cassidy's face broke into a wide grin, appreciating Max's concern. "By the way, I gotta say, I totally dig the blue hair. Are you planning to keep it?" Max asked, excitement evident in her tone. Cassidy's eyes lit up with a mischievous glint as she replied, "Hell yeah! It's absolutely badass. Blue hair, don't care!"

Max couldn't help but chuckle, a mischievous glint in their eyes as they leaned in to give Cassidy a tender peck on the lips. As their friends emerged from the tunnels, the bright light from the car illuminated the scene, casting a magical glow on the moment. Cassidy and Max locked eyes, a shared look passing between them, their hearts beating in sync. "Eleven," they whispered in unison, a secret phrase that held a world of meaning only they understood. It was a special connection that made their bond even stronger.

Eleven gracefully arrived on the dance floor, her eyes meeting Mike's with a spark of excitement. They moved together, their bodies swaying in perfect harmony. Max and Cassidy watched the scene unfold from a distance, unable to tear their eyes away. Their hearts skipped a beat as they witnessed the tender kiss shared between Mike and Eleven. Cassidy let out a sigh of relief, her anticipation finally fulfilled. She had been eagerly waiting for this moment ever since she first heard about their connection.

Feeling a surge of courage, Max turned to Cassidy and asked, "Wanna dance?" A wide smile spread across Cassidy's face as she eagerly agreed. They slipped away to the quiet hallway, away from the prying eyes of others. The soft music filled the air as they moved together, their bodies swaying to the rhythm. In the midst of their dance, Cassidy couldn't contain her overflowing emotions any longer. "I love you, Max," she blurted out, her voice filled with vulnerability.

Max's cheeks flushed with a mix of surprise and joy, their eyes meeting Cassidy's with a tender gaze. "I love you too, Cass," they replied, their voice filled with sincerity and affection. The moment was filled with an overwhelming sense of love and connection, forever etched in their memories.

Mildred's firm grip on Cassidy's wrist propelled them into a room, isolating them from the prying eyes of their friends. Cassidy, still reeling from the shock, questioned with a tremor in her voice, "H-How are you alive?! I-I saw you drop to the floor! I thought the fire caught you." Her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she softly cried, seeking answers to the inexplicable.

Mildred, maintaining a calm composure, held a hand up. "Let me explain," she said, opening the door to revelations that promised to unravel the mysteries surrounding her supposed demise. The room became a cocoon of anticipation, as Cassidy awaited the explanation that might reshape her understanding of what she believed to be true.

Mildred, taking a moment to compose herself, began to explain the twists in her story. "First of all, Dustin told me about your powers and everything about that. Two, I'm Dustin's older sister. I was living with my father, who you once met. Our parents are divorced, my father died, so our mom took me back in. Lastly, I didn't die. I was put into the hospital, and my father thought it would be best to move away, so we did."

Each revelation unfolded, reshaping Cassidy's understanding of Mildred's supposed death and return, leaving a trail of unexpected connections and twists in their shared history.

"Why didn't you call to tell me you were okay!" Cassidy's words snapped, a surge of emotion evident in her tone. Mildred stammered in response, "He... He thought you were a bad influence because of all of your pranks." Cassidy felt a twinge of suspicion, an instinct that whispered there might be more to the story, but she restrained herself from pressing further.

Cassidy, caught between relief at Mildred's survival and frustration at the lack of communication, chose to hold back for the moment. The room hung heavy with unspoken tension, leaving the complexities of their history and Mildred's return to linger in the air, waiting to be unraveled.

Cassidy's room flickered with alternating bursts of light and darkness, and as the disorienting flashes subsided, she awoke to find herself once again nestled beside Max. "Maxine," Cassidy whispered tenderly. Max, responding to the soft call, fluttered her eyes open to discover the warmth of their shared cuddle.

"Hey, Cass," Max greeted with a sleepy yawn, rolling over to face Cassidy. As the morning unfolded, Cassidy, filled with a sense of anticipation, asked, "So, what do you want to do today?" She rose from her bed, ready to embark on their shared adventure.

"I want to practice my skateboarding," Max shared, her enthusiasm evident. Cassidy grinned, responding, "Nice. I got new rollerblades for my birthday, so I'll practice that too." The prospect of a day filled with the joy of shared hobbies and the promise of new experiences lay ahead for the two friends.

Cassidy and Max, dressed and ready for the day, made their way to the Hargrove-Mayfield house. While Cassidy gracefully rollerbladed around the street like a princess, feeling the breeze against her skin, Max attempted tricks on her skateboard. Cassidy's joyful grin faltered when she heard a noise, prompting her to turn around.

Time seemed to slow as Cassidy witnessed Max almost losing balance on her skateboard, the moment hanging in suspended animation. The air crackled with a mix of excitement and concern as Cassidy braced for the outcome of Max's trick.

Cassidy and Max moved gracefully around Eleven's room, their hands intertwined in a rhythmic dance. As Eleven perused the magazines, Max, caught up in the music, began singing along. The lively atmosphere prompted Cassidy and Max to playfully leap onto Eleven's bed, where they settled on either side of her. "Oh, you stumbled upon Ralph Macchio," Max exclaimed with a wide grin. Perplexed, Eleven softly queried, "Macchio?"

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid! Hi-yah!" Max theatrically mimicked a karate chop, sparking shared laughter between Cassidy and Eleven in the cozy room.

Mildred exhaled, withdrawing her hand from Cassidy's face. Cassidy's eyes were vacant, her soul seemingly gone. A faint echo of her mind remained as she choked, struggling to comprehend her surroundings. "W— Why?" Cassidy stuttered, grasping at fragments of her fading consciousness.

"We were best friends before, Cassie. But you took everything from me, like I told you. Now go say goodbye to your weepy friends," Mildred taunted, her words laden with vindictiveness, leaving Cassidy trapped in a disorienting void with the remnants of her shattered memories.

Cassidy closed her eyes.

FIVE MINUTES EARLIER WHEN SHE WAS FIRST PULLED INTO THE TRANCE

Max turned around to see Cassidy frozen in place, and her heart sank as Steve yelled that Nancy was getting Vecna'd. Gasping, Max realized, "He took Cassidy too!" Panic swept over them all. Max rushed to Cassidy's side, grabbing her face with tears welling up in her eyes. "Stay with me, Cass! Stay with me, okay?!" Max pleaded, desperately hoping for some sign of response from her frozen friend.

Amidst the chaos, Steve's screams about getting a cassette for Nancy echoed. Max turned around urgently, instructing, "You need to find Cassidy's too! Her favorite song is 'Highway to Hell' by AC/DC!" Theodore scoffed, interjecting, "It's 'Material Girl' by Madonna." The urgency of the situation mixed with the unexpected debate about Cassidy's favorite song heightened the tension in the room.

Max groaned in frustration. "It's not, Lucas! I'm not in the mood for shenanigans! GET IT RIGHT NOW!" Max shouted, her patience running thin. Lucas and Theodore's eyes widened as they received the glare from the red-headed force of determination. Max shooed them away, dismissing any excuses. "But what if Eddie doesn't have—" Theodore began to question, only to be cut off by Max's exasperated glare.

Eddie mumbles, "I have it, just not sure where," as Max approaches with determination. "You'll find it, for Nancy, or my lawyer will ensure you're in jail if they don't make it," she threatens, causing Eddie's eyes to widen. Lucas and Dustin share a chuckle at the tense situation. "WE NEED TO FIND IT," Eddie exclaims urgently.

Max turned back to Cassidy, her lips pressing a gentle kiss on Cassidy's forehead. "It's gonna be okay, love. I promise," she whispered, running her fingers through Cassidy's hair. The room's tension heightened as Nancy gasped, momentarily raising Max's hopes. Perhaps, she thought, they could save Cassidy, and Nancy would be fine.

But the fleeting optimism shattered when Cassidy, inexplicably, lifted into the air. Max's gasp mirrored the shock reflected in Erica's widened, watery eyes. The imminent danger to her big sister hit Erica hard. In a frantic rush, Erica sprinted to Eddie's room.

As Cassidy's bones audibly cracked, Max's scream pierced the air, a raw expression of fear and desperation. "CASSIDY!" she cried out, the weight of the situation sinking in as the room swirled with chaos and uncertainty.

They sprint out with the cassette, Max's glare burning through them. Cassidy gasps, her eyes snapping open as she collapses. Max, quick to react, catches Cassidy. Panic sets in when Cassidy exclaims, "I can't feel anything, Max!" in a desperate tone.

Tears streaming down her face, Max sobs loudly, cradling Cassidy. "It's gonna be okay, Cass. We're gonna get the help you need, okay? Everything's gonna be okay," she reassures, trying to anchor Cassidy in hope.

In a moment of vulnerability, Cassidy stutters, "I love you, Max. I'm sorry I wasn't enough for you," gasping for air. Max, overcome with emotion, cries, "You are enough, Cassie. I love you too," gently stroking Cassidy's hair.

Cassidy, struggling to breathe, manages to express gratitude, "Thank you so much for being a good girlfriend," in a whisper as she closes her eyes, leaving a heavy silence in the room.

Steve and Nancy embraced in the eerie realm of the Upside Down, witnessing the heartbreaking scene unfold. Max's desperate screams pierced the air, pleading for Cassidy to wake up. In the midst of this anguish, Theodore, silent tears streaming down his face, grappled with the reality of losing his best friend.

To Theodore, Cassidy was more than a friend; she was his confidante, helping him navigate life's challenges. The disbelief lingered as he realized she had been taken by someone resembling her, Mildred or One, a painful betrayal that deepened the sorrow in his heart.

In shock, Erica stood frozen, grappling with the abrupt absence of the sister who had been her guide through life and school. Lucas, overwhelmed with grief, shed tears as Theodore enveloped him in a comforting hug.

"She's gone, Theo. It's all my fault," Lucas cried, burdened by guilt. Theodore, gentle but firm, reassured him, "It's not your fault, Lucas," offering solace in the midst of their shared sorrow.

Lucas grappled with the weight of guilt, feeling he had neglected his sister in her time of need. Regret consumed him for prioritizing popularity over being there for her during her breakup. Max, with her head resting on Cassidy's chest, suddenly heard signs of life. Urgently, she turned to her friends, exclaiming, "We need to get Cassidy to a hospital right now! She's breathing!" The urgency in Max's voice spurred them into action, hope flickering amid the sorrow.

ash speaks !

okay so yeah something happened to cassidy.. who knows she might be alive..

but all i gotta say is i wasnt excepting to put in a heat make out sess cause like i said i based them on my relationship and break up w my ex. but after we broke up which was seven months ago, we havent done an argument and just made out. all we did was argue and block each other for weeks on end😭😭but since hes moving away.. i kinda had to do this to her.

also idk how i felt about that makeout scene i wrote lol

anyways next chapter you'll find out if she alive and the doctors saved her or not!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 90 28
'Nothing scares me anymore.' In which Hopper's daughter returns for the summer, but everything goes wrong. Max Mayfield x fem!oc season 3 - season...
2.2M 86.1K 85
"Eve Harrington, you're a complete and total idiot." - Stranger Things Max Mayfield x fem!oc Seasons 2-4
35.9K 623 22
In which one of the new girls and one of the nerds started off by getting annoyed by each other and grew to like each other. or In which Arabella Ma...
2.3K 51 24
'Does it keep you in control? For you to keep her in a cage?' In which Eleven finds her lost sister and takes her back to Hawkins. or In which Nine...