Hunter x Fem Reader ~ As Litt...

By MidnightMagesty

Y/n is what some may call a "Little Miss Perfect". She's top of her class, athletic, talented, and she pushes... More

Author's Notes
1 : Endearing Little Thief (Part I)
2: Endearing Little Thief (Part II)
3: Endearing Little Thief (Part III)
4 : Your first Magical Quest
5: The Fallen Knight
Princely Stranger : A Valentine's Special πŸ’Œ
6: The Obssession
7 : You again
8 : Risks
9 : Grom
Update for Next Chapter
10: Melancholic Melodies
11: Flowering Friendship?
12: Heartaches Part I
13: Heartaches Part II
Heyy
14: High Seas
15: Separate Tides
16: Writer's Block
17: It's a first
18: Bad girl Coven
About "Hollow Minds" (SPOILERS BEWARE!!) + updates i guess
19: Choices
20: The Four Stages of Grief
21: Acceptance? (Part I)
22: Acceptance? (Part II)
23: The Bad but Sad Boy
24: The Failed Confession
25: A Bard's Charm
26: Trust
27: Love Sick
28: Messages
29: Idiot
30: We Have a Situation
31: Encounter
32: Follies at the Coven Day Parade (Part I)
33: Follies at the Coven Day Parade (Part II)
"You missed me didn't you?"
34: I Promise
36: Any Sport in A Storm: Part II
I can't breathe!! XD
37: Any Sport in a Storm: Part III
38: "Drifting Apart"
39: Seek and You Shall Find
40: Catching Fire
41: Hollow Mind
⭐Just some art + headcanons/scenario snippets✨
Thanks, everyone πŸ’›

35: Any Sport in a Storm: Part I

3.2K 110 109
By MidnightMagesty

┍━━☽【❖】☾━━┑

A siren sings in the dead of night. Lamenting under the moonlight.

~

~🎶 Lost spirits, I sing to thee,
Heed my woes and set me free,
Please hear my heart's desire,
consume my foes with fire. 🎵~

┕━━☽【❖】☾━━┙

"You see that kid?" Eda asked with a pleased smirk. She lifted the branches out of the way for a better view of the target.

From behind a barricade of thick shrubs you take a peak and see a creature in the middle of a small clearing surrounded by forest trees.

It was a worm-like creature with bright orange fur covering its whole body.

Size wise, it was huge for a worm. It had about the diameter of an average car tire. If it were stretched vertically, its length would approximately be three and a half Edas stacked on top of each other.

On top of that was a pair of googly eyes that sat on the sides of its head, intimidating all that gaze upon them.

"Yep, I see it." You cringed.

"And when I thought I've seen all of the Isles' weirdness." You mumbled.

"That gorgeous bounty is worth ten thousand snails." Eda said enthusiastically.

"It's been terrorizing the frog people for weeks and now it's coming after witches too."

"I don't know... it looks harmless." You squint at the creature.

"You won't be saying that once you've been wormified." She warned.

"Wormiwhat?!" You were puzzled.

You skipped school for the day. You insisted on helping Eda on a bounty hunt. It was a chance to try out your skill set and have some wholesome bonding time with Eda, your mom.

Eda kneeled down to meet your eyes. "Ok, just stick to the plan and we'll catch that beast in a jiffy." She whispered.

"Ayay ma'am." You obediently saluted.

"Wait... but we don't have a-"

Before you could finish, Eda already started running towards the creature while screaming.

"-plan..." You exasperated.

"Mom, wait up!" You shouted while you tried to catch up.

Eda transformed into her Owl Harpy form and flexed her sharp talons.

"Ok, beast. Now, come to momma peacefully. That way no one gets hurt." Eda negotiated.

The worm turns its head to face Eda. Its orange fur puffed up as it hissed at her aggressively.

"Two can play at that game." Eda hissed back and charged at the creature.

As Eda was about to attack, the creature burrowed into the ground out of sight.

"Wha-?" Eda looked around in confusion when the worm suddenly sprung out of the soil behind her.

She crossed her arms to block the upcoming attack and braced herself for impact, shutting her eyes tight.

When she opened them, you had already conjured a shield to protect her from the blow.

You smiled at her with your musical instrument on hand, a bard ready for battle. Your palisman was sitting at its edge, providing some sort of stability to your bard magic.

"Nice save, kid." She praised you.

The worm burrowed again, hiding somewhere underground.

Without any warning, it jumped out of the ground just right behind you.

"AHHH!" You screamed as it took you by surprise.

Before the worm could attack you, Eda comes to the rescue and slashes the beast. It was thrown back but managed to burrow underground once more, disappearing from your field of vision.

It kept digging and springing up from the ground. You and Eda tried your best to attack the beast but it always managed to squirm away.

"Ok, this is clearly not working. Time for plan B: to make an actual plan ." Eda huffed, trying to catch her breath.

"I agree." You wheezed.

"(Y/N), can you hold that thing down?" Eda asked.

"I think so..." You fretted.

"But I need some time."

"Then I'll steal you some. I'll hold it off while you do your magic." Eda instructed.

"Just try to hurry. I don't wanna lose any limbs today." She joked.

"I'll do my best." You smiled nervously.

Eda flapped her wings, releasing a gust of wind. Once she was high enough she called out: "Come out you squirmy orange lint!"

The worm monster springs out of the ground and shoots Eda a look with its empty round eyes.

"AGGHHHHHHH!!!" Eda cried out as she rocketed down the beast at full speed.

Meanwhile, you hurriedly took out several bottles of dark blue potions from your bag and arranged them in a circle on the ground. With a wooden stick, you drew a symbol at the center and connected the potions to it. The final product looked like some kind of summoning circle but with vials of potions instead of candles.

"Hey, kid! You done yet?"

"Agh!" She shouted as she dodged the enemy's attack. "No pressure but I think this thing wants to kill me."

"I'm almost done!" You replied.

You backed away from the spell circle. With your instrument at hand, you prepared a stance and took a deep breath to calm your nerves.

"Eda, it's ready! Get that thing inside that circle." You directed her, pointing at the spell circle you had just prepared.

"Ok!" She replied.

"Hey worm!" Eda cried out, calling the worm's attention.

"You're going down!" Her voice dropped in an intimidating tone as she shot a fierce look at the worm monster.

"Nye nye nye nye" Eda proceeded to blow raspberries.

She taunted the worm and it charged at her in anger

"That's right, follow me!" She mocked.

'This better work, (Y/N).' She worried.

Once the worm was inside the spell circle, Eda flew up. Quickly, you conjure a shield to surround the creature, trapping it within the circle.

It tried to escape, hitting the walls with its body.

You play a song on your musical instrument. Your hands danced as you performed a song with a fast tempo. With each note, one by one, the vials of potion erupted.

You continue playing with full concentration. The spilled potion seeps through the crevices of the lines you drew on the dirt that connected to an unknown symbol in the middle.

As you continue playing, the once dark colored liquid turns white and the circle releases a bright beacon of light. The creature shrieks.

When the beacon disappeared, a portal appeared below it.

"Woah!" Eda's eyes widened, both impressed yet puzzled.

"What exactly are you doing?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Calling back-up" You grinned mischievously.

"From who?!"

"The souls of the damned." You casually shrugged before playing a high note, triggering the whirlpool-like portal.

Eerie sounds and whispers leaked from the mystic door. Multiple hands reached out from below. Hands with long, sharp fingers grabbed the worm and pulled it down. It tried to fight back but it was completely helpless.

Finally, the creature is apprehended.

"AYOOO OKAY! What the heck was that?!" Eda bleated with a look on her face that said: "What have you been learning at school, young lady?".

Oracle magic." You smiled innocently.

"Did I make you proud?" Your eyes sparkled with excitement as you waited for approval, the only thing that fueled your soul.

Eda wanted to give you a little talk about what just happened. She's been around oracle magic but what you just pulled earlier looked peculiar. Then again, you looked so happy and she didn't want to spoil anything for you.

"Yes, kid. You did." She just smiled and patted your head.

Your face gleamed in joy. However, your celebration was cut short when a sudden feeling of lightheadedness struck you.

The smile faded from your face as your vision went dark for a short while. You toddled slightly to the side but fortunately your sight returned before you plummeted to the ground.

"Woah there!" Eda blurted with a hand on your shoulder to keep you from falling.

"Woah, I almost passed out." You said, unbothered. Slightly amused even.

"(Y/N), are you ok?" She asked in a worried tone.

"I think that spell took a lot from me." You chuckled. "But I'll be fine. I probably just need some rest." You assured her.

"Well, it is getting late." Eda stated, looking at the orange sky.

The sun was setting, it'll surely be dark soon.

"You've done your part, I'll take care of this. Just sit tight and rest, ok?"

Eda walked over to the worm and prepared a special kind of net to capture it. She'll be taking it to the town in exchange for snails.

"Oh and would you mind checking on Luz?"

"There's word of a maniac running around town, burning buildings and whatever. I don't want to hear any news of Luz getting involved with them or against them or is Luz in secret."

"You know her." She exasperated.

"Sure, I'll give Hooty a call."

You took out the crow phone Eda gave you and dialed the Owl House.

❜ ── ❛

"This is the Owl House, Hoot!" Hooty answered in his usual loud and enthusiastic voice.

"Hey Hootskins i-"

"(Y/N)! Hello!! Oh it's been so long since we last talked~" He immediately interrupted.

"...Hooty, it's been 2 hours."

"I knooOOoow. Two long hours! Geez (Y/N), was it such a bother to call your bestest bestie?"

"Hootskins... I just want to know if Luz is back home."

"Eda's maternal instincts are tingling and she wants to make sure Luz is safe." You teased.

"Hey!" Eda complained in the background.

"NooooOOOpe" He replied.

"No? What do you mean no?" You felt a slight worry loom over your head.

"She's not home yet." Hooty answered plainly.

"Anyways you'll never believe the day I've had." He quickly changed the topic.

"Wait, Hooty what do you-"

"Then there was this rat in Luz's room..."

"Hooty I-'

"...And of course just like a good owl tube, I've sworn to eliminate any trespassers in the premises-"

"Hooty?"

"-But I was like: Ugh! This isn't kosher!"

And you hung up.

❜ ── ❛

"Ok, so Hooty won't answer my question." You chuckled nervously.

"No need to worry. She's probably with Amity." You assured yourself as an invisible drop of sweat dripped down your brow.

Not sparing a second, you take out your scroll in search of Amity's contact.

"Amity..."

You checked your scroll and oh boy, just half a day of not being online was enough to make it go berzerk from all those notifications.

"Oh cramity?!" You exclaim.

Instead, a certain post catches your attention.

"Wait this is at Hexside." You gasp upon seeing the post. Your older sibling senses were tingling out of control.

╔═════════════════╗

'Hexside Student Gets Chased by Gryffin'

#hexside #lookatthis #voicecrack

╚═════════════════╝

"Please don't be Luz. Don't be Luz. Please. Please. Please." You repeatedly wished before pressing play.

1:35 ──────ㅇ───────── 3:47

"Calm down, flea-magnet!" The student in the video yelled while being chased by a Gryffin. The student looked like a skrunkly white boy with blonde hair and sounds exactly like Hunter.

"Oh thank titan it's not Luz." You sighed in relief as you felt all your worry evaporate.

You watched the video again just for a good laugh at the kid.

"Ahhh... what an idiot." You snickered.. "And they sound exactly like Hunter too."

"..."

"Wait...."

You frantically replay the video and realize,

"...THAT'S MY IDIOT!!"

You scroll through penstagram and realize that your feed was filled with posts regarding the incident at Hexside.

"I'm an idiot!" You yell in frustration.

╔═════════════════╗

'Coven Guards visit Hexside' One post said.

╚═════════════════╝

"Oh no." You start panicking.

╔═════════════════╗

'The Emperor's Coven abducts Hexside Students' Another one said.

╚═════════════════╝

"Oh no no no!"

╔═════════════════╗

'Scrawny kid with annoying voice is actually the Golden Guard!!! NOT CLICKBAIT/BIG REVEAL/WOULD"VE LOOKED COOLER WITH THE CAPE'

╚═════════════════╝

"Gosh darn mother of titan!" You yelled.

"You sayin' something, (Y/N)?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

872 38 12
"You bewitch me every damn second you're with me. I try to think straight but I'm falling so badly, I'm coming apart. You wrotΠ΅ me a note, cast a spe...
48.7K 1.5K 35
A powerless witch? In the emperor's coven? Y/n thought it was impossible, until a very kind person gave her the push she needed. Now, working togethe...
21.3K 624 33
Y/n a young teen witch explores their new life as part of the Emperor's Coven, and along the way discovers there's, more than meets the eye. β™₯α΄΄α΅˜βΏα΅—α΅‰Κ³...
7.8K 204 7
The Owl House Harem X Male Reader "The End? No, No, No. I reject that. We have no end... We are forever." Y/N Tesla, a boy possessing a unique level...