Fly Away

Bởi adeenix

Love Rejection Heartbreak -------------------------------------------------------- Mia has spent her life liv... Xem Thêm

Introduction
01 - what's the difference?
02 - you're the only one
03 - maybe i should just run
04 - get your bitch away
05 - i would never do it otherwise
06 - all of a sudden, I wish i wasn't here
07 - nerves and nerves and nerves
08 - just follow my lead
09 - entertaining delusions
10 - it seems you got lost
11 - hard-to-breathe syndrome
12 - woah, tattoos
13 - i dont want to feel alone anymore
15 - unraveling the truth
16 - not.attractive.
17 - fireworks and a goddamn zoo
18 - i want cherries
19 - death wish
20 - cherries aren't a meal
21 - anticipation
22 - it's tempting
23 - things that shouldn't happen in an office
24 - echoes and bursts
25 - two innocent souls
26 - you're the only one who remembered
27 - daddy issues
28 - garfield 2.0
29 - the sound of a flat line
30 - moth to a flame
31 - mumbling and grumbling
32 - asserting dominance
33 - hysterics and kisses
34 - memories and the sound of ringing
35 - panic attack
36 - home?
37 - entertainer
38 - giving in
39 - flying away from reality
40 - anything for you
42 - cold fire
42 - glass proofing
43 - am i dreaming?
44 - savour me
45 - pretty boy
46 - moving on
47 - cherries and wine
48 - i love you
49 - reminders of her
The Hijabi and The Streetfighter
epilogue

14 - i'm a coward

5.2K 128 23
Bởi adeenix

Song: Tyler the Creator - Garden Shed (slowed+reverb)

Mia

My head is throbbing.

I slowly open my eyes, being met with total darkness.

I can't breathe.

My head is stuffed into my pillow, and I roll over, facing the black ceiling. 

Why do I have such a bad headache?

It's pretty dark in my room, and the curtains are open, so it must be night time still.

What even happened?

I turn to my bedside table and feel around for my phone, switching it on to check the time.

7pm.

7pm? I couldn't have slept for a whole day, right?

The last thing I remember is getting ready for the party with Gianna, which was at 8pm, and then drinking the tequila that Ren had given me. 

After that, I think everything is just a blur in my head. There are fragments and flashes that I still remember. Tattoo's, brownies, and being upside down, but that's about it. Everything else is all black and hazy. 

The phone light is too bright for my head, so I throw it at the end of my bed and start to rub my temples, soothing the increasing pressure behind my eyes. If this is what drinking does to you, then I don't think I'm all for it next time.

I need a shower so badly, and I'm pretty sure I smell all like shit too, so I begin to get up, and fall back straight onto the bed.

My legs are so wobbly and unsteady, and my gaze shifts as I try to get up again but I reach out for the wall, letting it help steady me as I find my way to the bathroom.

I switch on the light and wince as the blinding intensity only makes my headache worse. Goddamn it.

I stand there for God only knows how long as I try to blink my eyes to get used to the light that fills the bathroom.

It's so quiet in the house. I wonder where Rocco is, I don't really remember seeing him last night after he came back from his mysterious meeting. Did he even come back at all?

I groan out as I remember how much mess there probably is left over from last night that will need to be cleaned up. 

I look at myself in the mirror and literally grimace at myself.

My hair is sticking up in weird angles and the mascara and eyeliner that was once perfect is now running in streaks down my face.

Was I crying?

One strap of my dress has fallen off my shoulder, and it's ridden up so far up my body that my black panties are showing.

I look like a fucking creep right now, and I'd be scared for whoever came in to see me like this right now.

I hear a faint knock coming from what I'm assuming is my bedroom door, and then the light patter of footsteps walking into my room.

"Mia?" I recognise that voice. It's Gianna.

I didn't realise she was still here.

"In the bathroom." I shout out to her, attempting to rub my face of the washed makeup.

I hear her footfalls as she get's closer, and then I see her peek her head into the bathroom, smiling when she sees me.

Then her eyes widen and it looks like she's trying not to laugh.

I just roll my eyes and turn to face her.

"Go ahead, laugh. At this point I honestly don't give a shit."

I'm weirdly not embarrassed in front of Gianna, because I feel like she's not the type of person to pull out her phone in this situation. I feel like I can trust her, and maybe I will.

The back of her hand is now against her mouth, and she's shaking her head, small strands of her dark brown hair falling over her eyes, out of her messy bun. She's smiling so hard I'm afraid she's going to crack her lips, but then she lets out one loud laugh and fixes me with an amused look.

"What the fuck even happened to you. It looks like you were crying? How much did you drink goddarn it." She moves closer to me and pulls down the bottom of my dress so it covers my upper thighs. Thank God for that, even if we're the only ones in here, it's still kinda weird to be standing here with my underwear showing.

"Thank you. I honestly have no clue. Everything is blank in my head. What happened exactly?" She shrugs and moves to lean against the sink, her back facing the full wall mirror.

She's wearing a light pink baggy t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. 

"I don't remember much either." She looks away from me, her cheeks tinting a light pink, and I mentally grin.

"I do know that Rocco took you up to bed. That was the only time I saw him last night, but I'm pretty sure you were thrown over his shoulder. He looked like he was going to murder everyone in the room."

"Wait, Rocco took me to bed? I don't remember any of that." I mumble the last part to myself, but then realisation hits.

I guess that explains the tattoos and me being upside down.

"Shit, I hope I didn't do anything embarrassing." I facepalm myself, and Gianna just lets out a small laugh.

"Don't worry, carina. You'll eventually remember everything but it might take a while." She moves towards massive  walk-in shower and switches it on, shutting the glass door to stop any water from getting out. [cutie]

I nod, and then frown in confusion.

'Wait, what did you just say? That word, what does it mean?" I ask, and she just looks at me with a small smile. Her green eyes are glinting under the light of the bathroom as she speaks.

"Carina?" I nod.

"It means cutie."

"Oh, because I remember someone saying something to me last night at the party, but maybe they just got my name mixed up.I'm pretty sure it was Italian though."

I turn to the mirror again and attempt to run my hands through my hair, easing out the knots from my shambled sleep. 

"What was the word?" Gianna comes up behind me and helps me to comb through my hair with her fingers. 

"Bella." I remember that the most, and I'm not sure why.

"Oh yes. That means 'lovely' or 'beautiful'."

I nod my head, and a weird feeling rushes through me at the memory.

"I'm going to get you some water and Paracetamol while you shower okay? When you're done, I'll be in the lounge." 

"Thank you, Gianna." She smiles one more time and kisses my cheek before leaving and shutting the door behind her.

I lock it because I have no idea who is still in this house, and strip off my clothes.

It feels so good to be naked, especially when you're wearing such a tight dress, and sleeping in it doesn't help one bit at all.

I step into the shower, letting the warm water matt my hair down and run over my back, soothing the muscles.

I grab the shampoo from the shelf, yes a goddamn shelf in a shower, and squirt some onto my hands before lathering it onto my hair, rubbing at my scalp and pulling up all my hair onto my head in a big lump. It feels so light and smooth on my head.

I scrub my body with the cherry body wash that I've been using for as long as I can remember.

The water seems to soothe my headache slightly, and now it's just a small hum at the back of my head, but it still kind of makes me feel a bit dizzy, and I have to lean my hand on the shower wall to steady myself so I don't fall and break my neck. 

I breathe slowly and continue to let the water run down my body, washing away all of the soap suds.

I close my eyes, and my mind wanders to Rocco. Of all goddarn people. I didn't think he was the one to take me to bed when I was drunk out of my mind, but he did. I guess the signs were pretty clear as day because he's the only person I know and have met personally who has tattoos. 

He just never clocked me as the type to give a shit, and I admit, I kind of forgot about him during my time at the party because I was so pissed out of my head I couldn't even think clearly, and I'm guessing that's why I don't remember shit all. 

I switch the shower off and step out, wrapping up the towel around me and patting myself dry.

I already feel so much better, and less groggy than before. 

I run my fingers through my hair, letting the wet strands fall onto my back. I don't usually like brushing my hair because I like it to dry naturally. It usually falls into light waves which I prefer.

I brush my teeth and moisturise my face before exiting my bathroom. 

I grimace at the mess. Clothes everywhere except for my bed. It seems someone was kind enough to move them over to the chair in the corner so they don't get wrinkled, but chances are they already are. 

I hadn't really had a chance to unpack, and maybe it's because I'm just a lazy bitch, but half of my suitcase is full. 

I rummage around for a pair of sweatpants and a light pink crop top, and my underwear before changing into my underwear.

Sometimes I only sleep in my underwear, because I like the feeling of the air on my bare skin. Also it makes me feel nice against the cosy blankets. 

Once I'm changes, I kiss a sleeping Zeus on the head and make my way to the living room.

The house is deadly silent, except for the TV playing. I'm guessing Gianna's the only one here right now.

Maybe we could have a sleepover? I've never had a sleepover in my life, because my father never allowed it, and also I never really had friends that were close enough to sleep over.

in fact, I don't think I've ever had a really best friend before, but I hope maybe Gianna and hell maybe even Ren could be the best friend I've always wanted. 

Sounds kinda sad when you put it like that, but I want to do things different now. maybe get out of my comfort zone more than usual, especially with the freedom I have here.

I spot a head of brown hair lying on the sofa as I walk down the stairs, and she turns to smile at me upside down with her head hanging off the armrest.

"Finally. You take so long to shower. I've been waiting for you." She sits up as I round the sofa, pulling her knees up to her chest to make space for me opposite her.

I sit down and turn my body towards her, resting one leg under the other.

"Well, I felt disgusting, and it actually helped my headache." She points to a glass of water and a tablet on the table, and I take it in one gulp, sighing at the feel of the cool water running through me. 

"Thank you." I cosy back into the sofa and lean my head back against the cushions, my headache still slightly faint at the back of my head, but much better than before. My legs are definitely less wobbly too.

"So.." Gianna's looking at me with an expectant expression on her face, and I send her back a confused one.

"What?" 

"Do you remember anything from last night?" She asks, and I have a feeling she knows something I don't. She sounds hesitant.

"No, why? Do you know something?" She leans back slightly and takes her hair out of the bun it was in, letting soft hair fall out up to her shoulder blades.

"Yes. I remembered seeing you with Rocco. He took you in his office when you were dancing. What happened when you were inside?" I frown, and try to recall.

My heart has picked up it's pace, and I fiddle with my fingers, suddenly feeling all weird and hot.

"Um, no." I clear my throat to try and get a grip, but my voice still comes out slightly shaky. "I still don't remember anything." I look up at her but she just nods her head at me, shuffling up closer next to me, bulling up the blanket draped over her legs and flinging one side to me. I pull it up and she leans her head on my shoulder.

"Does he treat you good? I mean so far?" She sounds quiet and faraway, and I lean my head on her head.

"He never really speaks to me, and I don't see him all that often except for that night at your house. I'm sorry by the way." I pull away and she lifts her head, sending me a weak smile, pulling me into a warm hug. 

It feels so good to be hugged like this, that for a moment I freeze, not knowing how to proceed, but then I wrap my arms around her and she squeezes my shoulders. She smells like soft roses.

"I know I haven't known you for that long, Mia, but I really like you already, and I think Rocco does too, and trust me, he doesn't like people easily." I let a small laugh out at that and she pulls away from me, taking her warmth with her.

"I wouldn't push it that far, Gianna." I say, disbelief in my voice.

She frowns at me, and shoots me a look that says something like say what now?

"Okay first of all, did you not see the way he literally hauled your ass out of that horrible dinner, just because he didn't want to make you uncomfortable? Two, he literally babied you while you were pissed drunk out of your mind, and I have never seen him do shit like that in my life and trust me, I've unfortunately known him my entire life. The dude's whipped. Ya'll are blind if you don't see that shit." 

I know my expression is as shocked as I feel because Gianna just laughs some more and smacks her hand on my shoulder once, shaking her head.

"God you really are clueless aren't you, miele." [honey] 

She closes her eyes in exasperation and shakes her head once again.

"W-what, I mean yeah maybe he did that, but it's like he's avoiding me, and it just reminds me of being back home. He hasn't even mentioned our marriage contract, and honestly, I have no idea how to feel about it. At first I was angry, God I was so angry, but now I'm confused and hurt and I hate my father for forcing this onto me. I hate him so much."  A sob breaks out of me, and it's like every single emotion I've been feeling has finally untied itself and released.

Tears are streaming down my face, and I feel Gianna pull me closer to her, leaning my head against her chest as she sits back against the sofa. She's whispering in my ear, telling me how strong I am, but as My sobs die down and my breathing slows, I can't help but think how wrong that is.

I'm weak and powerless and a coward for ever going through this in the first place, for not standing up to my father when I had a chance.

I hate this.

So, Gianna has made me love her even more now.

I love adding songs to this book, it kind of gives it a vibe for each chapter.

Anyway, how are you guys?

<3

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

149K 3.8K 32
"𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Up...
6.3K 170 30
"Why me" she softly asked "because I love when I am deep inside you" _________________________________________ Meet Alexander the hottest man on ear...
DON Bởi AdRiiZ

Lãng mạn

226 0 14
Dark Mafia love story WARNING this story contain a lot of sexual content including strong language , mention of drugs and suicide , read at your own...
962 43 30
Philophobia : The fear of falling in Love *** Mike Romano ,Italian Mafia King. New leader of the Italian Mafia. He had everything, from big houses, t...