Invincible• Izana Wisteria

By missgoddess_

"Killing a prince doesn't usually end well... but by all means. Go ahead and try." •••••• A conniving prince... More

-part one.
one| the welcome mat.
Two| Impulses.
Three| The Conniving Prince and the Seductive Thief.
Four| The white dragons.
Five| How the mighty have fallen.
Six| The seductress and her morally twisted accomplice.
Seven| blurred lines.
Eight| Her new life.
Nine| Faltering Identities.
Ten| Guardian.
Eleven| Fate's knotted strings.
Twelve| His lady.
Thirteen| The Favor
Fourteen| Sword Play
Fifteen| Establish Domaince.
Sixteen| Hard Contact
Seventeen| Kimizu Zinnia, royal guard.
Eighteen| Genuine Compliments.
Nineteen| The "I'm sorry" Cake.
Twenty| Adore you.
Twenty one| The whispers of the past.
Twenty two| Mushroom
Twenty three| Old friends and tempting fate.
Twenty four| One moment.
Twenty five| Stupid men.
Twenty six| nights like this.
Twenty seven| The plan.
Twenty eight| How to Kill a Prince.
Twenty nine| Invincible
Thirty| Of wine and worries.
Part two•
Thirty one| Taken personally.
Thirty two| Letting go.
Thirty three| Kane and Rami.
Thirty Four| Compromises.
Thirty Five| Rimi.
Thirty six| Again
Thirty Seven| Truth untold
Thirty Nine | Tactful attack.
Fourty| A breach of protocal.
Fourty one| Festival Wooes.
Fourty two| Amullets and Omens.
Fourty Three| Hazel Hazes.
Fourty Four| Circles.
Fourty Five| Mommy Dearest.
Fourty Six| Good Goodbyes.
Fourty Seven| Bondfire Ballads.
Fourty Eight| Correspondents.

Thirty Eight| For the Pride.

296 21 21
By missgoddess_

Super unedited I just wanted to double update.
••••••

Hiro was a good fighter.

His blows were precise and purposeful, he was calm enough never to get tunnel vision. He was observant and lethal when he got in the mood.

But so were you.

Your movements were comparable to water between rocks, you were light on your feet and held a good balance. You were use to the blows, use to the stinging pain of it all. You were keen and perspective you saw his weakness when he couldn't see yours.

He was good.

But you were great.

At least those were the observations Kei made, as he watched his student spar.

There were a few charity hits you allowed, probably because his employers were watching and you didn't want him to get in trouble. But you— Kei thought— were a natural, it was as if you were born fighting. Your body seemed so accustomed to it that it was ridiculous how thin and small you looked before entering the battle field.

It wasn't until Loid had acknowledged that Hiro was a good fighter that you finally stopped pulling your punches.

Kei watched as you leaped into the air, with your cat-like movements you circled your legs around Hiro's neck before flipping him over and slamming his body to the ground while your arms allowed you to land with little to no damage.

But Hiro was down for the count, and when you got up, you simply placed your foot on his chest and everyone acknowledged your blatant victory.

The match was good, and fast and entertaining.

Izana had sat there, with a grin across his face, his confidence never once shaking. He knew how good you were on the field, how incredible you were, and this was just proof of how well placed his faith was.

Loid clapped, when Kei announced the winner, and Izana got up to help you place your jacket on. "Good job," he said and you let your hair down from its ties.

"Thank you," you smiled, going to help Hiro off the floor, "you were great," you complimented, patting his arm in reassurance. "Your movements are swift and fast, I really was kept on my toes I hope you realize that."

Hiro spared you a smile, placing a hand on your own, "thank you Lady Zinnia, you are incredible yourself I have never lost so bluntly to someone before." You offered a laugh, helping him keep his balance when he almost tripped. "There were times when you hit pressure points inorder to fully incapacitate me and it was incredible to witness, I would love to learn from you one day."

Your smile was big on your face, "I'd be honored to teach you, someone with your skill and potential would make a great student."

"I'm going to assume no one is able to see me standing here," Kei said with mirth and the three of you laughed. "But truly, Lady Zinnia your fighting style is nothing like I've seen before, self-taught fighters stick to their own curriculum I assume."

"It's not always great, you have to learn a lot from experience and real, very painful fights. But with such a cute student I wouldn't mind making my own curriculum," you raked a hand through Hiro's head and cackled meanly when he blushed.

Kei, also an instigator laughed as well.

"We will have to work something out to make that happen," Loid interrupted, "Hiro is to be my daughter's royal guard I'm sure she would feel safe if he receives the best training."

"That's really not necessary father," Sakura softly intervened, but was waved off by Loid.

"I'd feel better if that's the case as well," Loid clarified before turning to Izana, "what do you say your majesty?"

An easy smile appeared across Izana's face, "naturally I'd be obliged to agree, but it is up to Zinnia and whether her schedule is free or not."

Your smile brightened, and you clapped in delight, "that's okay! I can make time," you whirled around to Hiro, "but I have to warn you, my training is brutal, you'll come out as a new man with new battle scars so think about it, I am not for the weak."

He flashed pearly whites in that same earnest manner that reminded you of an adorable little sibling. "I am at your mercy my lady!" He said with confidence.

"Great! We'll keep in tour then," if Izana was on board you were sure you could make something happen.

"Great! Then how about you take some time to ice any wounds before your journey back to Clarines?" Loid asked, suddenly very fond of you.

You obliged, grateful to have some time to sit down.

••••••

"How exactly did you get roped into a fight?" Konami asked laughing at your story of what had just happened, "you just got back."

"Well, our prince loves a good fight," your tone lacked amusement as the said prince beamed beside you. "Really he can be so unreasonable at times," the some unreasonable prince flashed a great grin to anyone watching, proud of what he did. Konami chucked silently, as hard as it was to acknowledge Izana definitely preferred you as a royal guard than him. He hadn't seen the prince smile nearly as much as he did today than the past few weeks you've been gone.

You were all in the midst of packing for the journey ahead. Though it may have not been previously agreed on or even discussed you and Izana maintained a close proximity to each other at all times since your arrival this morning. Being his royal guard gave you ample excuse to do so, though you knew in a castle filled with guards you didn't need to accompany him everywhere he went. Regardless, that didn't stop either one of you from staying within three feet of each other at all times.

"Your highness," Princess Sakura called as she exited the castle with a few ladies in waiting trailing behind her. "Can I have a word with you before your departure?"

"I'd be delighted," Izana looked towards you, about to ask you to follow them however Sakura cut him off.

"In private, my lord."

That certainly changed the tune, but it wasn't as if he could deny her. So begrudgingly he nodded, offering an arm to escort her to their gardens for their chat.

"I heard they're fated to be married," Konami gossiped and you giggled.

"I'd love to see that happen," you lied, a bright smile across your face.

"No you wouldn't," Konami sighed loudly, "royal weddings are a pain."

"Really? They sound pretty."

"They are, they're just long and boring with so many formalities, and I've been trained to stay up multiple nights at a time but even I get drowsy." He complained and you chuckled, wondering what royal wedding he was talking about.

"You're such a baby," you scoffed, and he shoved you playfully.

"Lady Zinnia!" Hiro called, walking to the courtyard, cleaned and in his guard uniform. Rimi's colors were blue and white like Clarines though they had a pop of burgundy. The excited young man was infront of you in no time, wishing you a safe trip and asking why you weren't here since the beginning of of the trip because that would have give you two some time to spar and talk more about battle techniques.

"I had to do something for the last week, but I promise next time I'll be here on time," you swore and Konami huffed.

"Yeah right," he said and you hit his arm.

"You're Konami am I correct? The stand-in royal guard?" Hiro turned towards him excitedly.

"In the flesh," Konami grinned, "and don't worry kid, I got my ass handed to me in the same manner you did by this very same girl." He placed a hand on your shoulder and nodded in sympathy.

"Really?!" Hiro marveled, "so this is what you meant when you said it wasn't the first time?"

"Yup," you returned Konami's grip, placing your hand on his shoulder. "I slapped him into shape, just like I'll do to you."

"You didn't slap me into shape," Konami huffed.

"He's in denial, because of how bad I beat him," you then tsked thrice, "very sad indeed, you'll do better for giving me credit right Hiro?"

"Of course!" He said earnestly and you laughed, nodding.

Soon, Izana made her way back with Princess Sakura, arm in arm and you didn't mind in the slightest. Sakura wished you a safe journey and greeted you again before heading back in the palace with her ladies in waiting. Hiro lingered a bit, waiting until everyone had all but taken to their stations, the guards around the carriage and a few in their own and the drivers in their place that he called  for you.

"I'd like to thank you again for the curtesy you showed me during our battle, and to say it was very lovely to meet you my lady." He said with that same youthful earnestness that made you melt. He reached to take your hand in his gloved one, "I look forward to the training and learning as much as I can from you, please have a safe journey." With that he knelt— to your surprise and delight and horror— before he placed a respectful kiss on your knuckles. "I am truly honored to have met you."

If this wasn't the most adorable little boy then... you gushed, helping him up to his feet and thanking him for being such a great person. "I'll see you soon," you said as you made your way to the open carriage where Izana waited for you.

"I'll see you soon," Hiro nodded firmly and smiled.

You waved, slipping into the carriage and letting a guard close the door after you.

Soon the carriages rolled out, on their way to exiting the castle.

"He seems to really like you," Izana noted, with a book in hand for the long journey.

"I have that affect on people," you teased, and he huffed playfully. "You know," you added again and he laughed.

"I suppose I may know," he closed his book before looking towards the closed windows and the enclosed privacy. He then beckoned your over to his side of the carriage and you obliged, landing beside him swiftly. A hand cupped your jaw before he tilted down to place a quick kiss on your lips. It was soft, sweet as it was fleeting and nice, rushed because of your surroundings and a promise for more once you reached better privacy. But for now it would have to do. Izana pulled back after the first kiss and watched you with that familiar softness in his gaze. "Be mindful, a man's adoration can get him in a lot trouble." He warned and you quirked an eyebrow.

"In trouble with you?"

"I am not one anyone should seek to make an enemy out of," he took your hand in his, intertwining your fingers and holding tightly. "You, are mine, and while I do believe that you should be adored by all," he was whispering, looking to your hands. "If his lips touch you again I'll take it as a personal declaration of war."

"You're ridiculous," you chuckled softly, bring your hands up to your lips and placing a soft kiss on his. "Izana, you are the only man I'd want to kiss me, it's a privilege that only you hold. There is no man who will ever amount to you, so don't hurt my poor student."

"It is a matter of pride, my love." He said softly, turning your hand so he can place a kiss over where Hiro hand. "I am yours and you are mine, should I not protect what's mine then I am nothing more than a fool."

"You are a fool for many other things," you smiled at the ferocity in his tone, "but don't forget I'm suppose to be the one protecting you."

"So I've heard," he shrugged and you stifled your amusement. "Sakura and I spoke, do you wish to know what it was about?"

You thought about it, truly did. "...Izana," he hummed, "I am not above murder, so tell me at your own risk."

He smiled brightly, "I am yours, and you are mine" he repeated firmly, "that will soon not be true as the sun being cold or hell freezing over."

"Good," you leaned your head down on his shoulder, "then I don't want to know."

"Really?" He nuzzled his nose to your hair.

"I trust you," you said easily. You could feel the smile as it appeared across his face. He closed his eyes, relishing on the soft feeling of your hair and the smell of lilies in your shampoo.

"I trust you too," he said, "so... Hiro will be coming to Clarines in the next three weeks." You leaned back and turned to look at him with wide eyes. "Sakura asked if that was a possibility, if he could spend a few weeks in the castle to learn from you."

You smiled at him, "you said no?"

"I'd rather cut off my own limbs than have that man anywhere near you, looking at you as if you are the only woman in the room and calling you as if you're his saving grace." He huffed, the jealousy blatant and unbidden, then he let out a long-drawn sigh. "But, I trust you, so I'll let him come, and try my absolute hardest not to kill him."

You laughed, leaning up to place a quick kiss on his lips. "You're amazing," you said fondly, "better than me that's for sure, if it was Sakura I'd have said no."

"Then I should say no," he decided and you scoffed.

"Don't you dare," you settled back on his shoulder, "Hiro reminds me of a little brother, a sort of puppy that wags it's tail at your every demand. I think it strokes my ego."

"Ah, yes," the lack of amusement in his tone was funny, "and what do I remind you of?"

"Another puppy, though you're a troublesome one, but you're cute and loyal so I keep you around." You said lightly and he scoffed again. Placing a kiss on the crown of your head.

Then a comfortable silence settled, and you let the sound of wheels on concrete fill in as the two of you relaxed in each other's presence. Hands linked, and laying on each other.

To think Izana of all people would be jealous of someone like Hiro was comical. He had no idea how Hiro would pale in comparison to him. Izana was a man you were more than inlove with, you respected him greatly and he treated you like a queen despite your status. He was perfect in every way and to think he would be put off by a little kid like Hiro was funny.

"Izana," you called, and he hummed, "you know I adore you."

There it was, that little way the two of you always confessed your feelings to each other. That reassurance and reaffirming of your love for each other.

He nuzzled your hair, "I know... and I wholly, and deeply and irrevocably adore you my love." You were a puddle under his lips, loved and pampered and adored and happy.

•••••

Double update to make up for not updating for so long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 2.1K 44
Kathlin Merren, AKA Kitty, got more than she bargained for when a simple attempt at thievery leaves her at the mercy of the First Prince of Clarines...
113K 5.1K 27
❝ 𝐈'𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 ❞ ⇢ ˗ˏˋ In which a certain uppermoon demon and a human...
890K 19.4K 34
𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗧𝗦 ╰─ ➤ a collection of x fem! reader oneshots ©𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐮𝐣𝐢𝐢 ▸ Demon Slayer is owned by Koyoharu Gotouge...
6.8K 159 9
"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞?!" 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐥𝐲, 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. "𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮! �...