COTE: The Mad Demon

By Kagenou_Pooch

In this story, one teenager, who died in an unknown death, was suddenly transported in a domain that judges t... More

Chapter 1 - Punishment or Reincaration?
Chapter 2 - Contribution
Chapter 3 - School Rules
Chapter 4 - SLAP!
Chapter 5 - Glimpse of the Past
Chapter 6 - Book Buddy
Chapter 7 - Swimming Class
Chapter 8 - Being Mediocre Isn't Enough
Chapter 10 - A Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 11 - Poking The Sleeping Dragon
Chapter 12 - Deal With The Devil
Chapter 13 - Forgiveness
Chapter 14 - Little Girl
Chapter 15 - Farewell...
Chapter 16 - How Mischievous
SS Yuki Himeno: First Meeting
SS Shiina Hiyori: First Meeting
Chapter 17 - Unexpected Incident
Chapter 18 - Apology
Chapter 19 - House of Cards
Chapter 20 - Class C
Chapter 21 - Class B
Chapter 22 - Fantasy
Chapter 23 - The Witness
Chapter 24 - Patronage
Chapter 25 - There's Something Hidden
Chapter 26 - Deja Vu
Chapter 27 - Amigo

Chapter 9 - Bet

1.6K 64 3
By Kagenou_Pooch

Ayanokouji POV

The school lesson for today ended without a hitch. But that doesn't mean that our current predicament is resolved as our class points became zero. If we can't solve this earlier, we have no choice but to resort on using free items in the convinience store and free meals in the cafeteria.

After the teacher exits from the classroom, a boy named Hirata stood up and approaches the teacher's podium.

He then garners the attention of everyone, "Guys, before you all leave, can you please listen to me for a moment?" he asked.

As all the students focused their attention to him, he continued, "I know that our situation became unfavorable for all of us. Not only that our points was reduced to zero, but also our gap between the other classes, especially class A, widens".

After his statement, most of the students exudes a gloomy atmosphere after sensei's revelation. Now that their peaceful student life became nothing but a fleeting dream, they became more depressed, especially the students below the red mark, because they will be expelled if the test was real last week.

"But fear not everyone. We will overcome this if we all work together. And to those who are placed below the red line, I decided that we must form a study group so that we can at least avoid avoid your expulsion" Hirata solaced.

Because of Hirata's contingency plan, students who are below the red mark sighed in relief.

And meanwhile...

-Scrape!

Okuma stood up from his seat, causing his chair to release a scraping sound. He then walk towards the exit of the classroom.

As Okuma walks out from the classroom, Hirata hastily called for him, "Wait, Okuma-kun! Please don't go yet!" he pleaded.

Immediately after, he suddenly halted his steps and turned around to look at Hirata and asked, "And why is that?"

"Because I think that you and Sudou requires great assistance for the upcoming midterms exam. So please stay here for a moment as we are still planning for your study group-".

However, he was interrupted by Okuma, "Your effort isn't needed, Hirata. Although, I'm grateful, you should focus on students who really need studying" he said as he glanced to Sudou.

Okuma then immediately head towards the exit. Even though Hirata is still calling out to him, he still continued to ignore him.

"Hah! Look at him. He was a pussy. I guess what he's saying are just empty words" someone ridiculed.

At this remark, Okuma halted his steps and searched for the perpetrator. After he pinpoints him, he approached him until he was near him.

"Care to say it again?".

"I-I mean what I s-said. You're a p-pussy" he said while stuttering.

"Oh? Aren't you also one of the students who were placed below the red line?".

"Hah, I mean at least my score is higher than you. The difference between us are just like heaven and earth" he smirked. He even used the line he used against Sudou. But it seems that he didn't mind it even for a bit.

"What's your name?" Okuma asked.

"H-huh?" he said in confusion.

"I said what's your name? Or should I just call you ugly?" he said.

After his provocation, his face became beet red while his veins where protruding around his temple.

"Y-you! Fine! My name is Yamauchi Haruki. Don't ever forget that!".
he shouted angrily.

"Say, Yamauchi. How about we make a bet?" he proposed.

A bet? Is he trying to do something here?

"Hah? And why should I-".

Before Yamauchi continues, he suddenly interrupted him, "Oh? Are you perhaps scared? Just tell me right on the bat if you don't want to. It's fine to be a coward".

After hearing his provocation, Yamauchi can't help but grit his teeth while his veins were bulging again on his forehead. He then shouted, "Grr. Fine! What's your bet?!".

"The winner will be decided if one of us have higher overall scores in each subject. For example, let's say that I have higher scores in Japanese and Social Studies than you. If you score higher on remaining subjects, in this case, Science, Math, and English. Then you will be deemed as a winner. And as for the conditions..." he trailed for a bit.

And afterwards, he continued, "The loser will serve the winner. They must always follow the requests of the winner. Of course, the request must not be outrageous like 'you must jump of from the highest floor'".

Wait, the deal is too disadvantageous for the loser, especially the time limit since he didn't specify when will the conditions end.

After hearing the contents of the conditions, Yamauchi suddenly smirked as if he thinks that he has greater advantage against his opponent. By looking on his face, I guess he wants to make Okuma suffer. He then agreed immediately "Deal!".

After the consent of two parties, Okuma immediately heads out from the classroom.

Yamauchi then started talking, "Heh, I bet he's all talk. I mean, look at his scores, he scored way below me. I guess I don't need to take it seriously since he will be destined to lose" he stated.

What Yamauchi said might be right. He has the right to be complacent since he scored way higher than Okuma, although, Yamauchi was part of the students with red marks, the difference of their scores was obvious.

If they compete with each other, then Okuma will likely lose due to the gap between their scores. That means the bet he proposed will backfire at him.

No sane person will propose a bet that will put themselves on disadvantage.

Unless...

If he was holding back.

If that's the case, then he can possibly win by letting Yamauchi's guard down. At that moment, he will strike him by revealing his true capabilities. A perfect surprise attack.

I can't help but look forward to this competition.

===

Okuma POV

As I got out from the classroom, I decided to head on the staircase since there aren't many people heading there.

When I finally approached my destination, I suddenly halted my steps and my lips slowly formed into a smile as a small laugh was released from my voice.

"hahahaha".

After that, it was immediately replaced into a loud laughter.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA".

Man, that guy was so full of himself thinking that he could beat me this upcoming midterm exam. At first, I thought he will be a bit skeptical of the bet, but because of his inflated ego, he agreed faster without thinking deeply.

That will definitely put myself on an advantageous position as I was hiding my abilities. And if he lowers his guard...

I will immediately jump and torture him slowly. Like a viper strangling his prey before swallowing him.

After laughing loudly, I began to relax myself

"Oh Yamauchi, don't worry, I will definitely not forget your name...".

'Since I will thoroughly crush your petty pride' I thought to myself.

After finishing my monologue, I decided to head towards my dorm room.

===

"Haah..."

As I finally entered my dorm room, the first thing I did was to sigh before I decided to sit on the sofa.

I can't help but feel a little tired since I wear something around my hands and ankles.

Looking at my hands, they look like bracelets that are colored in grey. The same was also true in my ankles.

Although, they aren't thick, they aren't thin either. They look ordinary but they are far from ordinary.

That's because they are weight suppressors.

These aren't just ordinary weight suppressors. They are absurdly heavy, weighing around 50 kg.

I mean each of them. Each bracelets are weighing 50 kg. Which is equivalent to 200 kg if combined.

If you're curious on how I got it. Let's go back to a week before May 1st starts.

===

(3rd week of April, Thursday)

RING! RING!

[Hello?]

"Hello? Is this Zeus?"

[H-huh? How did you know that was my name?]

"C'mon old man, it was named Zeus on the contacts. Besides, aren't you the one who put your name on my phone?".

[Oh, you're right. I totally forgot. Tee-hee].

After he said 'tee-hee', I shuddered as I imagined him on knocking the side of his head while he stick his mouth out in a playful manner.

I mean seriously, mind your age old man! You're an old man with skinny bones and wrinkled face, not a cute, air-headed girl!

"Haah, I'll get straight to the point, old man. I want you to make me four weight suppressors, two for my arms, and two for my ankles".

[Why though?]

"My strength is too strong. And it seems I can't manage it properly".

[Please elaborate]

Then, I decided to tell him my story.

When I arrived towards the gym, I decided to test out my strength thorough a punching bag.

When I tried to punch it, instead of being pushed back because of the force, I pierced it instead, resulting a hole in the middle. The sand from the punching bag was also poured out.

The punching bag wasn't very small, but it wasn't big either. It was enough to withstand a professional boxer's punch.

And it seems that the strength of my punch exceeds a professional boxer's strength.

But what's worrying isn't my strength. But the degree of control to my strength.

It's not because I find it hard, rather, I find it too easy to pierce it.

And if I tried it to a person, I think that I find it too easy to pierce their abdomen or crush their skulls, which is worrying since I have no intention to murdering people.

Even if I tried my best to hold back, the best I could do is to to shove my fist inside their abdomen without piercing it, which is still disastrous.

It would be fine if I didn't use my strength on this school. However, there will be situations where I can't help but use my strength for self-defense, and I can't allow myself to become a walking target.

That's why I decided to ask a particular god named Zeus, to make me a bracelet. Why? Because he could mostly do anything, probably?

[I see, it was really alarming. Maybe your body was too strong?]

I guess? Since I wished a body that surpasses Ayanokouji. So naturally, I think it was thinkable that my strength could make a hole to a punching bag.

[But don't worry, young man. I will give it to you in a form of a package. It will be delivered to your dorm on May 1st. Is there anything else?]

"No, that's all I want to ask".

[Ok, if you need something, don't hesitate to ask me]

"I surely will".

After we finished our conversation, I immediately tapped the end button to end the call.

===

And during May 1st, I was able to receive the bracelets and wear it. When I wear it, I estimate the weight to be approximately 50 kg each.

Though, it didn't hinder my movement while walking, when I try to swing my arms, my strength was significantly slower, resulting to lesser force produced.

If I try to defend myself, I could fully exert my strength with no hesitation, as it will only result to minor injury, or worse, broken bones.

If I didn't wear these, then Sudou might have his abdomen pierced by me today.

Anyways, with my suppressed strength, I could finally wash all my worries.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 420 83
Many years have passed since the first Class D reached Class A. Those students, now graduated and living their adult lives, pass on the torch to the...
26.1K 684 6
š™Žš™š™¤š™§š™© š™Øš™©š™¤š™§š™žš™šš™Ø š™–š™—š™¤š™Ŗš™© š˜¼š™®š™–š™£š™¤š™ š™¤š™Ŗš™Ÿš™ž š™†š™žš™®š™¤š™©š™–š™ š™– Ɨ š™†š™–š™§š™Ŗš™žš™Æš™–š™¬š™– š™†š™šš™ž. š‘Øš‘¼ š’”š’•š’š’“š’Šš’†š’” | š‘Ŗš’š’‚š’”š’”š’“š’š’š’Ž š‘¶š’‡...
30.7K 647 10
As the name says, this fic only contains oneshots. In this fic, I'll write the oneshots completely based on readers' requests. You guys name it in th...
14.9K 946 9
"My flaws are the tools for my perfection." Dissatisfied with his state as a blank slate, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka resolves to change during his time in t...