The Wolf In Me

By Duke_Astareas

One dark night, Lisa is saved by a huge mysterious wolf. What's even more mysterious is that she's seen it's... More

Chapter 1: Midnight Run
Chapter 3: Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
Chapter 4: Smelling Her Out
Chapter 5: What is an Alter Ego Anyway?
Chapter 6: A Clearer Picture
Chapter 7: The Need for Sleep
Chapter 8: Smash and Grab
Chapter 9: Truth and Consequences
Chapter 10: The Ties that Bind
Chapter 11: Bad Moon Rising
Chapter 12: Popping the Clutch
Chapter 13: On the Hunt
Chapter 14: My Queen
Chapter 15: That was who?
Chapter 16: The Greatest Trick the Devil ever pulled
Chapter 17: What has been and what could be
Chapter 18: Gathering the Troops
Chapter 19: Walking the Dog
Chapter 20: Cinderella and Rose
Chapter 21: All Kind's of Decisions
Chapter 22: Things I have to do
Chapter 23: In the Thick of it
Chapter 24: Hell's Bell
Chapter 25: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Chapter 26: When can the Healing Start?
Chapter 27: Winter and Karina
Chapter 28: Lots of Surprises for Everyone
Chapter 29: Our Life Together

Chapter 2: Rag Doll

2.3K 104 9
By Duke_Astareas

Lisa's POV

I read in the paper that evening, that the body of a convicted rapist was found in Haverbrook park. It stated, he was a prime suspect in a series of rapes in that had occurred in the area. The article said he been killed by some animal and partially eaten. The police speculated it was a wolf, coyote or mountain lion that had come into the city.

"Serves you right fucker." I said to myself as I put the paper down.

I had decided not to mention anything of the encounter to my parents, Seulgi or anyone else. Let the stupid cops figure out that shit for themselves. I won't lose any sleep over any dead scumbag rapist, regardless.

A little while late, I went over to Seulgi's home where we sat on her couch and watched TV.

Seulgi glanced at the TV guide. "So what do you want to watch next? I don't see much on TV."

I smiled with excitement and pulled out my latest acquisition from my bag. "Here it is, it was just released Saturday. The blue ray special edition DVD of The Scissoring. With 92 seconds of extra footage."

Seulgi quickly groaned, "Ughh, not that again."

I hissed with displeasure and took the DVD out of the case. "I really want to see this."

"Well I don't. I know you love this movie, but isn't 50 times enough." Seulgi's tone quickly became more sarcastic. "Ohh, it has 92 seconds of extra footage, like that's going to make that stupid movie any less sucky." From the expression on Seulgi's face, I could tell she hadn't meant to say that out loud.

My blood began to boil at this point. "Well, if maybe if you wanted to go and do something, we wouldn't watch the movie so much. You're always broke or you just want to hang around here. And don't you call The Scissoring sucky ever again." I screeched at her.

Things went downhill from there and we had a major blowout. As I stormed out, it was already dark. I was wound up and needed to go for a run to burn off the tension. Though as I got in my car, I could have sworn I saw my wolf friend standing in the shadows not far away.

Dismissing it as an illusion, I drove home and got ready for a run. I decided on a route going away from the park.

I was on my 1st quarter mile when my wolf friend appeared behind me. She stayed back at first but soon enough she was running right besides me.

I smiled and kept going. I'll admit, I felt safer having her around. Much better protection than a pair of scissors, I concluded. She stayed right next to me the entire time, never going more than a few feet away from me. Instinctively, I knew she was protecting me. I liked being with her, it felt right. Like I had a strange connection with her.

I only ran 3 miles and stopped. I had burned off my tension and I really didn't feel like going much further.

She escorted me home as she did the previous night, and she faithfully was my companion the next three nights.

The third night, I ran a full ten miles. My wolf friend kept up with me the whole route.

As I stopped, the wolf rubbed up against me and sniffed me all over.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Hey, you must really like me." I said to her.

She whined in submission and rubbed against me even more. I felt comfortable around her, her fur was beautiful, brown and thick and she seemed to love it when I petted her.

The eyes. Every time I see the eyes, I get this odd feeling that I've seen them somewhere else.

"What is it about your eyes that fascinate me to much. I just feel drawn to you" I said. The wolf seemed to open them wider as if she understood me.

"I like you and that's saying a lot. I don't like many people or animals." I said as I kept walking back home.

"I don't even like my girlfriend at the moment."

Suddenly, the wolf barked and jumped up and down excitedly, causing me to give it a strange look.

"I don't get you sometimes. As I was saying, my only real friend is Rosé. She's a bit dumb but her heart is made of gold. I can't hate her. I can hate Jennie Kim though, she's always trying to be my friend and get close to me. Why can't she just go away and leave me alone?"

It was then I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see the wolf running off, she ran down the street and disappeared between two houses.

"What the hell was that all about?" I mumbled.

The rest of my way home, I didn't see the wolf at all. It was almost like I hurt her feelings and she ran off.

The next day I entered school, coffee in hand. As I walked in I could see Jennie Kim at her locker. I braced myself for what ever cheerful greeting she was going to assault me with. I also tried to think of a snappy insulting reply.

I got to my locker and glanced at her, only to see her shut her locker and walk off, not even looking at me.

"Seems like everyone is running off these days." I thought quickly.

As I finished at my locker, I saw Seulgi walking up to me.

"You ready to apologize for last night Lisa?" Seulgi said, crossing her arms. We had fought again the previous night.

"I don't apologize, you should know that." I said brushing past her.

I ignored Seulgi the rest of the morning. Though oddly, I noticed that Jennie was very cold to me today. She rarely looked in my direction and made no effort to speak to me at all. Normally, she makes several attempts to speak with me. Today whenever class would end, she'd just gather her books and leave.

The whole day passed like that. At lunch she chatted with Bambam and Jisoo but ignored me. Seulgi tried to get my attention but I ignored her.

I went jogging that night, and for the first time in months I was alone. Not one single time did I see my wolf protector. I thought I heard a howl once, but it sounded far off.

I found myself missing my furry companion and ended up quitting after 2 miles.

The next day was a repeat of the last day. I entered school and Jennie ignored me. All this was starting to get to me, so by lunch time I just had to know what was bugging her.

I asked Rosé at one point if she knew what was bugging Jennie. I instead got a story on how her brother pooped out a Lego once. It wasn't terribly helpful.

It was before lunch when I spotted Jennie in the hallway. She had a face that indicated she was thinking of something. I walked up to her and grabbed her wrist. Before she could say anything I dragged her into the nearby and empty Black Box Theatre.

"What's your deal Kim?" I snapped as soon as the door shut.

Jennie threw up her arms. "Nothing, you said the other day that you want me to go away and leave you alone so I am. Now if you'll excuse me."

Jennie started to move to the door and I went to grab her wrist again. Instead she grabbed my forearm in an extremely tight grip. So much so that it actually hurt.

"Stop grabbing my wrist." She hissed, showing a flash of rather intense anger.

Even though she was holding onto my arm a thought came to me.

"I never told you that the other day Kim."

Jennie gritted her teeth briefly in frustration and glared at me. I must have hit a nerve or something.

As I starred into her brown eyes as they glared at me, I suddenly had a bizarre revelation.

"You're eyes" I blurted out, as she continued to hold my arm in an iron grip. "They're the same as the wol..."

I never got a chance to finish my sentence as she suddenly tossed me backwards. I hit the wall about 6 feet away and collapsed to the floor. I had hit the wall so hard, it actually knocked the wind out of me.

"What the fuck!" I gasped as I struggled to pick myself off the floor. I managed to catch my breath again and get my senses back, but Jennie was gone. My back hurt and my mind was spinning. What had just hit me?

As I staggered out of the Black Box Theatre I had a further revelation. I never told Jennie that, but I told the wolf that. A wolf that just happened to have the same eyes as her.

"What in the hell is going on?" I said as I headed to lunch.

Jennie was absent the rest of the day. I learned from Rosé a bit later, that she had developed a migraine and gone home.

Something was very messed up and I had to know what. Kim had tossed me across the room like I was a rag doll. Not to mention, her grip left bruises on my arm. Either I was having some sort of mental breakdown or Jennie Kim is a lot stronger than she appears to be.

I drove straight to Kim's home after school but nobody was home. The house was dark and no cars were in the driveway.

Frustrated, I went home. As I sat in my room I wondered if I was just going nuts. That wolf was real, not to mention that dead rapist was too.

After it got dark, I decided to go for a jog. A long run would give me time to sort it out in my head. I didn't expect to see the wolf.

I carefully examined everything I knew as I jogged. At about mile four, a crazy conclusion came to me. Jennie was in fact the wolf. Werewolf? I thought werewolves only existed in movies, like goblins and vampires.

I dismissed it and kept going, but soon after I caught a glimpse of my companion. I was being followed again at a distance.

I stopped dead in my tracks on a deserted side street and looked to where I saw the wolf.

About 10 seconds later, the wolf came out from behind some bushes. It was about 30 feet away and it just sat and starred at me. There was a hurt expression on the wolves face.

I took a step forward to it but it backed away.

"This is crazy." I said and started to jog, ignoring the wolf as it continued to follow me. After a while, it disappeared. By the end of my run I concluded that I was imagining things.

My parents were out for the evening so I had the place to myself. I went in the house and walked up to my room.

I didn't even see it at first when I opened the door, but when I flipped on the lights and stepped into the room, I saw it.

My heart stopped at the sight, as impossible as it was the huge brown wolf was sitting on my bed.

To be continued on Chapter 3...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 532 23
It's been 7 years now we are working together and it's been 11 years now we became friends but do I look at you as a friend? No. I have been in lov...
MINE By Ruby

Fanfiction

55.6K 1.2K 33
too early you say?" i nodded fastly, gulping. Lisa leaned closer to me and her bottom lip rolled against my stomach and i looked down at her and held...
6.1K 297 27
Arnella Brown and Dominic Wright had been together for four years and as their 5th anniversary itched closer, they decided to put away money to go on...
92.3K 3.7K 41
this story starts from talent hunt where dhruv asks manik to chose between Fab 5 or nandini let's see what will be manik's reaction tune in in the jo...