Sir Arthur

By Maureentab

~Complete~ Sir Arthur had never thought he'd befriend a small clumsy female who was determined to be a veteri... More

• Preface
• One
• Two
• Three
• Four
• Five
• Six
• Seven
• Eight
• Nine
• Ten
• Twelve
• Thirteen
• Fourteen
• Fifteen
• Sixteen
• Seventeen
• Eighteen
• Nineteen
• Twenty
• Twenty-one
• Twenty-two
• Twenty-three
• Twenty-four
• Twenty-five
• Twenty-six
• Twenty-seven
• Twenty-eight
• Twenty-nine
• Thirty
• Thirty-one
• Thirty-two
• Thirty-three
• Thirty-four
• Thirty-five
• Thirty-six
• Thirty-seven
• Thirty-eight
• Thirty-nine
• Forty
• Forty-one
• Forty-two
• Forty-three
• Forty-four
• Forty-five
• Forty-six
Author's note

• Eleven

1.6K 75 10
By Maureentab

Gwen walked along his master down the crowded path explaining joyously to him about anything the young master rested his eyes on.

Be it jewelry, clothing, any sort of animal and all kinds of stuff, he had briefed him about everything.

It had even been a surprise to him that they were actually going to just walk around town sightseeing. Sir Arthur, his master hardly frequented such areas.

Especially the town and with nothing important to do just observing. Gwen had been his attendant back home and he knew the young knight was always either off in the mountains practicing or in the palace training if not in battle.

Those were the only places he knew he'd be if he wasn't home. Thus asking him to give him a tour across town had him shaking in disbelief.

Gwen observed him and wondered whether he had been taking anything unusual since this wasn't the master he had known. The man walking alongside him was actually the opposite of what he'd known.

They were even walking around as commoners since Sir Arthur had insisted in blending in with the crowd something which he previously never took account of.

It was becoming a puzzle for Gwen to figure out what had suddenly happened. Even after coming home a week before from war, he had started to notice some peculiar things.

Apparently when Gwen had been putting his important possessions in place at his room, he'd safely kept his armour and knight attire along with his boots carefully handling them delicately.

Even with all the care, he didn't fail to notice an odd looking object that strangely sat in his belongings. A small woven basket with a purple ribbon by the side.

At first Gwen was confused at what such a thing would be doing there but since it had been in the midst of his other things he brushed it off.

Especially after close evaluation, he realized the basket had been slightly damaged and dirtied as some specks of dust still came out of it and somebody had attempted to keep it well.

Looking at his side as he explained about the changes that had occured while he had been away, Gwen wondered whether this was still the same man he'd known.

The two were infact friends and he found himself tempted to ask of what he was concerned about but he always held his tongue. Despite his calmness, he didn't handle it well when people snooped around his things.

"Do nobles come here often?" Sir Arthur found himself asking as his eyes fleeted across the people that walked by chatting amongst themselves.

"Yes, most of them come here on Tuesdays," Gwen stated guiding him down a path that seemed to be less populated. His response seemed to have piqued his interest since he stopped walking and began looking around.

"Is something wrong, Sir?" Gwen stood too perplexed at what was the matter.

"Nothing at all, can we get some tea please." Sir Arthur asked expectantly looking at him.

Not that he was going to disagree but Gwen nodded and detoured from their previous path turning left to a part that had more people bustling by.

Sir Arthur glanced around the place noticing how things had drastically changed from how he previously remembered them. He had been away for almost an year and being able to walk around freely calmed him.

He had been used to life at the mountains and the hardships that came along with them forgetting how normal life felt. Not that he was complaining but this felt really good.

Due to his lack of socializing, most people didn't know him and those who knew him barely recognized him now. He had changed so much after all that while.

His lack of friends didn't irk him even a bit since he liked keeping to himself and staying out of crowds was the best way.

Busy observing the streets and the displayed products on sale, he failed to notice that Gwen had stopped moving and he almost crushed into his back.

He paused immediately before looking ahead to see what had stopped them. A lady stood before them dressed in the most brightest gowns that clung onto her skin rather uncomfortably.

Judging from her attire and what Gwen had just been telling him, she was a noble. Her face wasn't that familiar since he didn't recall meeting any female.

Other than the one he had encountered on his very first day back home and was wishing to see again.

He rose his brows at Gwen who had suddenly gone silent despite his bubbly nature just a few minutes before.

Ooh. His eyes shot in understanding when he remembered something Gwen had previously said.

Someone of lower social rank was not supposed to question a noble. That sounded absurd and he felt like it denied some people the right to express themselves.

He calmly spoke to the lady who had been eying him the entire time. " Do you need something?" His sound was gruff coming out rather roughly.

The lady faltered upon his response as if taken aback before regaining her composure and walking a bit closer to him. Well, closer for him to take a step back.

"I know you from the ball," she stated enthusiastically smiling widely at her words.

Sir Arthur looked back at her expecting her to elaborate further but she just continued to gawk at him. He actually didn't understand what the deal here was and he tried understanding her intentions.

Maybe this was why he tended to avoid conversations since he barely spoke and understanding someone seemed harder now. He glanced at Gwen for help but the guy had actually moved to a nearby shop leaving him by himself.

Before he could even come up with something to say ,the lady spoke once again this time introducing herself. "I'm Talia Deen. I come from the Park's clan neighboring the queen's hometown, my father is a pala-"

The conversation seemed to be taking forever thus Sir Arthur excused himself stating he had a pressing matter that needed his handling and he stormed off before she could even blink.

He turned around a corner and headed to the right not knowing where he was headed to but it was better than that obsolete conversation.

Even his fake attire had not helped in blending in. He glanced at the signboards as he walked trying to spot any familiar ones before he began moving around in circles and bump into the lady he'd fled from.

A figure fell in place beside him before dragging him into a nearby shop. To his relief, it was Gwen who was barely holding back a smile.

He had witnessed the whole ordeal and he was somewhat convinced that his old behavior was back. He barely interacted with people unless necessary.

Gwen gestured him an empty seat by the window with an empty table for two.

Sir Arthur had not even managed to see that they were already at some sort of hotel. He sat down quietly before looking at Gwen who broke down into laughter, his sound echoing through the place.

Someone brought their tea before he got a chance to ask about his peculiar behavior. He brought the small cup to his mouth before chugging down the warm substance.

"That was really rude of you," Gwen spoke once he couldn't hold himself back. He almost began laughing again were it not for his warm tea that filled his mouth.

Sir Arthur glanced at him confused before Gwen elaborated, "You could have just politely introduced yourself at least."

Right, so he was talking about his little incident a few minutes before. He narrowed his eyes at him once he realized that Gwen had watched the whole exchange even without saving him from it.

Sir Arthur merely shrugged his shoulders before continuing sipping his tea unbothered.

"Do you even know who that was?" He asked again noticing how he sat relaxedly with no care of what had transpired.

"I don't know," he said lowly as if he wasn't interested in knowing either.

"That was Talia, she comes from one of the wealthiest families of this land and is basically treated as a princess here." Gwen sputtered lowly as if only for his master to hear.

"Mmm," Sir Arthur just hummed as he looked out of the window once he finished his cup of tea feeling rejuvenated.

Gwen grumbled under his breath about his master not paying attention to anything that didn't regard him.

Sir Arthur didn't register what he was mumbling about as his attention was diverted to the entrance where soft giggles filled the room and three maidens walked in as they laughed on about something.

The smallest of them had him so entranced, his hands staying still at his wrist where he had been fiddling with the band he wore.

She got him so captivated that he forgot about his companion infront of him who was desperately trying to get his attention but unavailing.

Maybe he paid attention to other matters too that were not of his concern.

✿ ✿ ✿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244 1 7
The story of a lonely King willing to do anything, to undo the mistakes of his past. Mistakes that lead to the death of his beloved Queen. Mistakes t...
11.4K 1.8K 67
❀✿𝕳𝖔𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕸𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓✿❀ ❀✿𝕺𝕹𝕮 2022 𝕾𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙✿❀ ❀✿𝕱𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖔𝖓✿❀ @HistoricalFiction, @mythandlegend, @WattpadLitF...
1.3K 40 22
"I swear, cross my heart, I will never leave you". Dylan crosses his chest, where his heart would be, with his fingers. His eyes gazed at mine as if...
25K 726 23
Losing someone is painful, the absence of their presence ,a glaring fact , the lost memories ,a reminder of you used to have. But what if you had ano...