The Legend of The Wanderers

By TabbyCosplay

More

The Legend of The Wanderers
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter One

37 2 0
By TabbyCosplay

Have you ever wondered if there may be more to the world? That there is something amazing, just waiting to be discovered? A lot of people have thought this way, remaining skeptical about how the world may have begun, and how humanity may have started, asking many questions about the strange and exciting things around them. For any human being can never truly believe unless given proof, and some make it their lifelong goal in order to have that proof, to show the world unknown truths; to find facts that none have found before. There had been pinpoints in certain places all around the world, where these strange things have been happening, mostly in famous cities. 

But then there was an unusual place, a small town in Japan, quite a distance from Tokyo of which was named Nakagawa. Unusual events had been happening recently, and they hadn't stopped even at this present day. Strange creatures had been spotted roaming the town at night, and sometimes in the daylight. Obviously such amazing finds had excited the town greatly, some worried for their families safety, some determined to make friends with the new creatures that had been discovered. The excitement and general buzz was of course generating from the youth of the town, especially with the teenagers, since young children did not have such knowledge yet. Gossip was spread throughout the high school within Nakagawa, rumours about one student seeing a creature, and another student having proof that a creature was an alien of some sort.

A certain small group of teens were particularly affected by the exciting concept. A group of five young people, who met at the school gates every morning, each one of them having something new to say about a certain case. Their friendship had grown ever stronger because of their similar interests, having to talk about everyday, and having their on views on each others findings. Every lunch time they would sit at what they call the Usual Spot, which was underneath a large tree on the school grounds. On a particular day, when the sun was bright in the sky, and the air was pleasantly warm, the group of friends sat in that everyday place , chatting happily to each other. 

"Hey, check this out!" A young girl names Sayako said excitedly, sitting up from previously lying on her stomach, "I found a new interesting fact about that legend I was studying, and how it ties with the picture of one of the creatures!" The brunette turned to her bag and fished around for some documents, before pulling them out and waving them excitedly.

"Oh? Let me see..." Seto, one of the boys, gave a small smile as he let go of his girlfriends hand, her name being Yuki. Sayako handed the papers over, awaiting Seto's reaction to her findings. Seto simply studied the documents carefully, and Yuki leaned into him to read them as well, biting her lip in deep concentration, "Hm... So this legend speaks of another world...?" 

"What does that have to do with anything?" Yuki asked, peeking over the paper towards her friend.

"Well, you know we found that ancient picture of a create that matched the one that was spotted a few weeks back?" Sayako received a nod in response to her question, "In that ancient picture, the creature seems to be running towards-"

"A portal!" Nowaki, the other boy within the group suddenly erupted. He then blinked as everyone seemed to stare at him. Sayako looked at him for some time before giggling and nodding enthusiastically.

"Yes! Like an alternate world!" She gave a proud smile at her find. Nowaki chuckled in amusement, now having his turn at reading the documents carefully. Seto hummed lowly as he thought to himself.

"So, you think that the creature that have been spotted, are from another word? Isn't that a little, I don't know, impossible?!" The male gave a huff of annoyance, which only seemed to set off Sayako.

"What is up with you and not agreeing with me?! Every single fact I bring to you, you shoot down!" She growled at him, causing Yuki to sit back and let the two argue, not wanting to interfere.  

"Because it's ridiculous! Do you seriously believe that there is another world?"

"Yes! I do!" Sayako answered simply, "Jeez, it's the same as believing in aliens!" The two of them began to argue like mad, and soon the argument got so heated that their words were merged together, causing it to sound like gibberish to anyone who tried to listen.

"Kumiko?!" The two suddenly yelled, looking at their friend. The teenage girl slowly lifted her head from the book she was reading and blinked a few times, her unusually grey eyes shifting with confusion.

"Will you please tell him that there is more than just Earth!"

Kumiko only sighed, her lips moving a little as she tried to think of an answer, but unable to come up with one so quickly. It would always end up the same, she would agree with one of them and the other would get annoyed.

"Guys, don't drag Kumiko into this." Nowaki frowned. Kumiko gave a small sigh of relief, glad that she didn't have to be the one to resolve the argument, smiling gratefully at Nowaki before closing her book and deciding to pay attention before she was dragged into anything else at the last minute. Sayako pouted her lips, shuffling over to Kumiko and hugging her best friend tightly.

"Aw I'm sorry Miyu~" Sayako called Kumiko her nickname, of which she hated for one good reason. It was a cat name. Sayako was convince that her friend was a cat in her former life, because of her quietness, her excellent balance and her ability to just be where ever she was needed.

"It's... It's alright." Kumiko replied, returning the hug with a small smile.

"Well! Staying on the subject of what I found, the legend says that there are Shrines disguised as regular buildings and such all around the world, and that they act as Gateways for the creatures in the other world!" Sayako grinned proudly, letting go of Kumiko and sitting up properly, her back straight as she attempted to look as authoritative as possible.

"And what if there is one here~?" Seto replied in a mocking tone, then receiving a hit to the back of his head.

"Seto, shut up and listen to her." Yuki looked up at her boyfriend with a disapproving look. The boy immediately silenced himself, giving a small sigh for dramatic emphasis, "Carry on Sayako." Yuki smiled at her.

Sayako snickered at Seto before returning to her leader-like state, "So as I was saying, what if there was a Shrine in our forest? That would immediately explain the weird creatures!" Silence overtook the group as they all seemed to dwell in their own thoughts. It was a possibility, for the creatures were mostly spotted running to the forest or were hanging around the outskirts of it.

"I think it is a good idea..." The group jumped with surprise as they heard the small voice of Kumiko. 

"Eh?! You really think so?" Sayako's eyes widened, her smile growing to an impossible size. Kumiko nodded in reply.

"It is the only plausible explanation for creatures so strange looking to suddenly exist..." She mumbled, fiddling with her fingers. Sayako squealed and hugged her best friend again.

"So it's settled yes?" Sayako yelled, addressing everyone  within the group.

"I agree with Kumiko!" Nowaki smiled.

"Me too!" Yuki spoke up, raising her hand in order to be seen.

"I think you're crazy." Seto stated, not swayed by Kumiko's reasoning. He was very stubborn, that much was obvious.

"Oh come on, Seto!" Yuki smiled up at him sweetly, "This could be fun, searching the forest!" Her smiled was so cute, it made Seto melt in an instant. The male whined lightly before crying out in pure defeat.

"Oh, fine then!" He yelled. Kumiko smiled a little at him, turning to Sayako soon after, who was bouncing with joy.

"So, what's the plan then?" Nowaki asked with great excitement, shuffling closer in order to close the tight circle of secrets. Sayako tapped her lips in thought before gasping softly.

"Okay, we should do this on Saturday, bring some torches in case we need them, and Nowaki bring that map of yours and your compass, in case we get lost! We'll meet up at the South Gates of the forest at Nine o'clock!" 

"Nine?!" Yuki's eyes widened before she whined, "Oh come on... That's so early!"

"But we need all day in order to search... That forest is pretty big." Nowaki shrugged a little, "I'm okay with waking up early~"

"Good! So it's settled then! Bring some food and water with you, and anything you think you might need in the forest! We're going to be there all day~" Sayako smiled. With that, the group began to plan and talk happily about what they might find, and what they would do if they did find a Shrine. It was something that had made all of them excited, it even got to Seto eventually, who began taking part. The young adults had set themselves a whole adventure, going into the depths of their local forest in order to find the answer to the mystery in the town of Nakagawa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...