Alas, (Giyuu x Reader)

By Amber0225

Ever since y/n was little, she's always wanted to become a Demon Slayer. Better yet, a hashira. But that drea... More

Chapter 1, Sick
Chapter 2, Enjoyed
Chapter 3, Independent
Chapter 4, Entertainment
Chapter 6, Case
Chapter 7, Kind
Chapter 8, Angry
Chapter 9, Family
Chapter 10, Delusional
Chapter 11, Now
Chapter 12, Happy
Chapter 13, Back
Chapter 14, Fault
Chapter 15, Fake
Chapter 16, Mistake
Chapter 17, Polite
Chapter 18, Truth
Chapter 19, Kids
Chapter 20, Stronger
Chapter 21, Gifted

Chapter 5, Rules

367 16 7
By Amber0225

Arriving at the secret mansion.

You asked, "Do you really think they're going to like me, Tengen?" He nodded, "I already told you they're going to love you. You should just be worried what Kagaya thinks." You anxiously asked, "Why'd you say it like that? Is Mr. Ubuyashiki a mean guy?" Tengen shook his head, "Not at all. Don't sweat it, y/n. And can you please not act so nervous?" You ignored his request and asked, "Are we there yet?" You two rounded a corner to reveal the most beautiful scenery you've ever witnessed. There was flourishing flowers and trees, and crystal clear pond with hundreds of koi fish.

After taking the setting, you immediately shifted your eyes to the ground, not being able to look at anyone without breaking into a sweat. You stomach twisted and turned, and your hands became clammy. You shuffled your feet around in the pebbles you were standing on. Tengen grabbed your arm and stated, "Eyes up, and I'm taking you to say hello to Mr. Ubuyashiki." You obeyed his command and looked upwards, just not directly at anyone. You walked alongside Tengen and inside to an open, large mansion. The mansion was fairly empty, maybe a few decorations and artifacts scattered, but other then that there wasn't much.

Sitting at the back of the mansion was a man with shoulder length black hair. He was sat with his back facing you, legs crisscross, and around a few candles. There were two girls next to him as well, and they looked similar to the ones at the final selection all those years ago. Kagaya must've heard you and Tengen walking, cause he turned his torso to where he could see the both of you. Uzui quickly got on his knee and bowed his head. You copied his movements and did the same. Mr. Ubuyashiki rose to his feet and said, "Hello my children. You may stand." You slowly stood up straight next to Tengen, and made eye contact with Kagaya.

There was something wrong with his face. Was he ill? Whatever it was, it didn't scare you. His eyes were a very pretty color, and his soft smile was comforting. You assumed he was blind because of his illness. Tengen looked as if he were about to say something, but his master spoke first. Kagaya questioned, "Which one of my children do I have here?" His daughter replied, "Tengen Uzui, and another girl apart of the Demon Slayer Corp." Ubuyashiki stuck out his hand and asked, "Have we met before?" You took his hand and shook your head, "No, we haven't. I'm y/n l/n." His beam grew wider as he stated, "It's a pleasure to meet you y/n. What brings you and Uzui here today?" Tengen said, "You mentioned in the last pillar meeting that you'd like to look at new recruits, and so I brought one in for you. Currently y/n is rank Kinoto, and after close consideration I determined that she lives up to both of our high standards, and I'd appreciate if you took a look at her abilities and all she can do."

You were dumbfounded at the audacity Tengen has. What abilities is he talking about? Being able to sit at a bar and drink? Kagaya exclaimed, "Wonderful! I'm eager to introduce you to the rest of the pillars. Fortunately they're all here, just back from their missions." He started to walk out of the mansion, and out a different way you came in. He asked, "May the two of you take a seat at this table? Let me go obtain the other pillars." You smiled, "Thank you sir." As Kagaya walked away with who you assumed to be his daughters, you sat down in a wooden chair. Tengen sat next to you and whispered, "Just be yourself please. Don't be nervous."

You nodded in agreement but you were sweating like before. Tengen started to speak again, but it sounded like gibberish to you. You were drowning in your own thoughts and hypothetical theories on what could happen, and what they're all going to think of you. Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone pulling out a chair across from you and sitting. As you locked eyes with this person, you immediately knew who it was. It was Giyuu. His eyes widened and his face became expressionless. You noticed that he did the same thing with his kimono that you did with yours. Half of it was Sabito's.

Seeing him was kind of awkward, cause the last time you guys spoke he called you a "goddamn idiot". You looked away from him and at the other people who were taking a seat. They went down the row introducing themselves. A loud booming voice said, "I'm Kyojuro Rengoku! Nice to meet you!" He had a huge smile plastered across his face. Sitting next to Rengoku was a very tall man. He stated, "I'm Gyomei Himejima. Pleasure to meet you." Next was a guy that looked like he didn't want to be there. He stated, "Sanemi Shinazugawa." And next to him was a guy with a creepy snake on his shoulder, "Iguro Obanai." Strangely enough, after Iguro came a very young looking teenage boy. There was a moment of silence as he stared up at the sky.

Iguro elbowed him, and he slowly looked at you. He quietly mumbled, "Huh." The girl next to him exclaimed, "He's Tokito Muichiro! And I'm Mitsuri Kanroji! I'm pleased to meet you!" And lastly there was a very beautiful girl that spoke, "I'm Kocho Shinobu. It's lovely to meet you." Her voice was angelic and gentle, matching her appearance. This was the girl that Tengen liked so much? You looked around the table and stated, "It's nice to meet you all too." Sanemi jumped straight into questioning you. "What breathing technique do you use?" You replied, "I use water breathing."

Iguro asked, "How long have you been apart of the Demon Slayer Corp?" You answered, "4 years." Kagaya interrupted, "Iguro, and Shinazugawa. Please don't interrogate our guest, thats my responsibility." They both immediately replied, "Of course sir." Mr. Ubuyashiki asked, "So, y/n. If I heard correctly, you use water breathing?" You nodded and replied, "Yes sir." Shinobu calmy asked, "Weren't you aware that we already have a water pillar?" She was smiling sweetly at you, so her words confused you. Was she being mean?

You stared at her for a couple of seconds before responding, "Yeah, I guess." Uzui gave Shinobu a nasty look and said, "I wouldn't have brought y/n in if I didn't think she was better than Tomioka." She replied, "Oh I know. I'm just not sure how we'd be able to determine who is more beneficial to us." Tomioka spoke up, "Tengen's only doing this because him and y/n are in some sort of weird relationship even though she's 19 and he's 26." Rengoku shouted, "I hope that's not the case! Uzui already has one too many wives!" Tengen's face went red. He's married, and married to more than one woman?

Iguro stated, "I think Tengen has good judgment. And the sooner we get Giyuu out, the better." Sanemi added, "Agreed." Gyomei stated, "Let's at least brainstorm a few ideas on how to determine who's more helpful. We have to remember that Giyuu has been a pillar for 2 years, and has worked hard for his spot here." Mitsuri boasted, "Great idea Himejima! I think the two should arm wrestle!" Shinobu added, "What about a written test?" Sanemi argued, "No no no, a fist fight!" Rengoku blurted, "An eating competition!" Kagaya interrupted, "Settle down children. I'm glad to see you all could brainstorm so many great ideas, but what's better than one water pillar? Two."

Tomioka immediately replied, "I don't want that. I do my job fine." There was a collective, "Ugh.." At the table. What did Giyuu do to make most of these people hate him so much? Kagaya looked towards Giyuu and said, "I'd like you to see if she lives up to your expectations, but ultimately, this is up to you. You don't need a companion if you don't want one." Tomioka glared at you for a few seconds with a look of disgust. He muttered, "Absolutely not." Sanemi rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Raise your hand if you think we should have another water pillar." Everyone at the table, besides Giyuu, Tokito, and yourself raised their hand.

Iguro stated, "Majority rules. Sorry Tomioka." Something in his voice made you feel that he wasn't actually sorry. Shinobu jumped out of her seat, "Fantastic! I'm eager to show you around the place, y/n." Tomioka scooted to the edge of his seat and said, "Hey, Mr. Ubuyashiki said it's up to me, and I said no." Kagaya smiled at Giyuu and uttered, "Why don't you just give it a try? I'm sure you'll have loads of fun!" Tomioka stared at you for a few more seconds before blurting, "Fine." Shinobu held out her hand to you and exclaimed, "Let me show you around, and where you'll be staying!" You took her hand and stood up. "Okay."

Just as she was about to whisk you away, Kagaya asked, "Do you ladies mind if I came with you?" Shinobu smiled, "Oh not at all! That would be great." You walked in the middle of Kagaya and Shinobu, over to some nice looking buildings. There were 9 to be exact. Mr. Ubuyashiki and Shinobu spoke in unison, "That's where you'll be staying, y/n." They we're both pointing in different directions. Shinobu looked at Kagaya and apologized, "My apologies sir, where will she be staying?" He replied, "Oh, I was assuming she'd be staying in Giyuu's estate. The two have to practice with each other constantly. Including early tomorrow morning. Having them stay together seems easier."

The smile on Shinobu's face faded as she said, "She should stay with someone of the same gender. We wouldn't want anything inappropriate happening would we?" Your face became pink as you assured her, "You won't have to worry about that." Kagaya scratched the back of his head, "Uh.. Why don't I get Giyuu to show her around his estate. You can head over there now if you'd like. I'm sure Giyuu wouldn't mind if you waited in there for him." Just as you were about to respond, Shinobu shouted, "Great! I'll take her over there and wait with her." Mr. Ubuyashiki said, "Oh, I thought y/n could go by herself. I need you to get back to your medicine report. You need to have that done soon please."

She beamed, "You're correct sir. Bye y/n, it was a pleasure meeting you." You waved, "Nice to meet you too Shinobu." As she trotted away, Mr. Ubuyashiki asked you, "You know which building it is, right?" You nodded, "Yes sir, thank you again." He started to walk away while saying, "No problem. Goodbye." You replied, "Goodbye Mr. Ubuyashiki." You started to walk in the direction of Tomioka's estate, and it didn't take you long to reach the doorstep. You twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open to reveal a very tidy, average looking home.

You stepped inside and started to close the door behind you, but someone stopped it with their hand. Giyuu asked, "What are you doing in here?" You backed away from him and told, "Mr. Ubuyashiki said that I have to stay with you for now." He glared at you and murmured, "I don't want you here." You didn't really know how to respond to his comment. All you could think to do was apologize, "I'm sorry." He replied with, "You're not. Why is Kagaya making me stay with you anyway?"

All of the sudden, both yours and Tomioka's crows flew in through the door. Giyuu's crow tried to land on his head, but missed and fell to his shoulder, while yours delicately landed on your wrist. The crows spoke together, "We were given orders to inform you that Giyuu Tomioka and y/n l/n are to go on missions as one from now on!" You asked, "Does that mean we have to go on all our missions together?" Giyuu pushed his crow off his shoulder and stomped away, "As if this couldn't get any worse." He went into his room, aggressively closing the door behind him. You froze for a second, wondering what you did wrong. It makes sense to you now why Iguro and Sanemi don't like Giyuu. He's rude and short tempered, not like what you remember at all. He used to be calm and slightly more kind. How has maturity gotten worse?

*knock knock* You turned to the door and opened it slowly, trying to peek and see who it was. Shinobu? Wasn't she just given orders to go work on her report?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 85 10
I'M BACK YALL This story will include SMUT ⚠️, and cursing, and bullying angst. slight Sanekana, and just to let you know i might do so much stories...
213 3 9
// JUST STARTED //Sensitive Y/n dreams of becoming a demon slayer after her father died to a demonic entity, but she is not what most consider priori...
577 35 21
Life was never easy for y/n. To escape the troubles that shadowed her life, y/n found comfort in fictional chrarcters. Till one day, y/n stumbled acr...
37.7K 1K 55
YN was a normal girl. Both parents alive, a younger brother who loved her and no demons harassing their village. Still she decides to become a demon...