The Forgotten Story (Fairy Ta...

By Panilith

█████ ███ nothing ████ ████ ██ █████ child ██████ ██ █ ██████ society ███ █████ ██ ███████ forest ████ ███ ██... More

Chapter 1: A New Story Begins
Chapter 2: Lullaby The Song of Death
Chapter 3: Friends and Power
Chapter 4: The Moon Island
Chapter 5: Moon Madness
Chapter 6: [Redacted] Draws Near
Chapter 7: Sol On
Chapter 8: Fate
Chapter 9: The Water Maiden
Chapter 10: The Iron Dragon
Chapter 11: Moral Support
Chapter 12: Remember ███ ███ ███
Chapter 13: The Remnants
Chapter 15: Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Chapter 16: The Battle of Fairy Tail Begins

Chapter 14: The Tower of Heaven

4.1K 142 46
By Panilith

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Writing/reading

Third Person P.O.V

(Several Years Ago)

Makarov found himself sitting on one of the many tables in Fairy Tail. He was watching as all the members found themselves chatting with one another, looking at the job board, or on the verge of starting a fight. As he was sitting there, an individual walked up beside him and caught his attention. (Y/n) was staring up at him and gave him a simple way of hello.

However, as he gave him a smile as a greeting, he noticed that he was wearing a backpack that looked rather full, and in his hands was his book. Though, he was using it similar to a tray as a small plate and fork were on it. Whatever was on the plate couldn't be seen as it was being covered up by a napkin.

Makarov: "Oh? You heading off somewhere?" he asked.

(Y/n): "...yes. A... uh... job?" he questioned.

Makarov: "You sure? Why not wait for Laxus to come back from his job? Or ask someone else to go with you? How about Erza? She's still new around here." he pointed out.

(Y/n) looked over to the main entrance of the guild with Makarov following the direction he was looking at. Sitting at one of the tables all by herself was a young girl around (Y/n)'s age. A girl with short, scarlet red hair and brown eyes wearing armor that fit her neatly. She had a white eyepatch over her right eye. Her name was Erza Scarlet.

She was sitting there not interacting with any of the other members of the guild. Just eating a loaf of bread as she did any other day.

(Y/n): "Asked... nothing... others busy." he explained.

Makarov let out a sigh and nodded his head. Erza was still new to the guild, but she had all but refuse to speak or interact with others unless absolutely necessary. He had hoped that the kids would be able to get her to open up, but that didn't go to plan. Cana kept her distance, Levy tried but was ignored, Gray only tried picking a fight, and (Y/n) startled her at first(due to his mask) and was punched, but this didn't stop him from trying to befriend her... he couldn't get her to talk.

Though, it was Gray and (Y/n) who were the most persistent out of everyone. Gray just wanted to beat her while (Y/n) was different. Makarov knew how he thought, people in Fairy Tail were simply family in his eyes. With no home to speak of and nowhere else to go, they accepted him in.

(Y/n) was trying his best to form a bond with his new family member, even if they were to hate him. Makarov only smiled as he'd always liked this about him. Family meant everything to him and he showed it in his own ways.

Makarov: "Still, you don't have to go. You can always wait till someone is free and-" he tried to tell him, but (Y/n) shook his head.

(Y/n): "I... burden... pull, uh, wait? No... weight?" he asked.

Makarov: "Who said you were a burden?" he asked, with a hint of anger hidden within his voice.

(Y/n): "I know... I want... need to..." he stopped before placing his hand over his heart.

(Y/n): "Laxus... proud! ... please Master." he begged.

Makarov: 'You really look up to him, don't you?' he thought to himself before presenting a gentle smile.

Makarov: "What kind of job is it?" he asked.

(Y/n): "Searching." he told him.

Makarov rubbed his mustache before nodding his head.

Makarov: "Nothing too hard for your first job, good. Alright, good luck!" he grinned.

(Y/n) nodded his head excitedly.

(Y/n): "I go... back... soon... Master." he told him.

Makarov watched as (Y/n) turned around and began making his way over to the main entrance and expected him to just head out, but instead, he walked over to where Erza was.

She ignored him as usual, but (Y/n) didn't seem to mind it at all. He simply walked up next to her table and gently placed his book on the table. Makarov watched as he took the plate off his book and placed it next to Erza's plate.

(Y/n): "You... work, uh... easy? No... hard. Yes, hard..." he nodded to himself.

(Y/n): "Reward... Levy... helped... be back." he said before giving her a short wave of goodbye.

Makarov watched as he began to make his leave, and only then, did Erza turn her head to the plate he left behind. For a few seconds, she just stared at it before she lowered her half-eaten loaf of bread to her plate. Slowly, she reached over to the napkin and pulled it off to reveal what was underneath.

A strawberry shortcake, it wasn't the best looking as it looked rather lopsided and messy. Erza looked down at it as she pulled the plate in front of her. She noticed that the strawberries were arranged rather strangely until she turned the plate to reveal a smiley face... or that's what she thought it was supposed to be. That may have been the case if it wasn't so... terribly made.

Erza, let out a sigh before reaching over to the fork and looking as if she was about to try it, only to hesitate. It took her a few seconds to reach down and take a piece off to try it. After taking a bite, she just stared at the shortcake in front of her before looking back to where (Y/n) went only to see that he was already long gone.

Erza: "..." she stayed silent.

Erza let out a sigh before turning back to the strawberry shortcake... her eyes just staring at it before slowly looking away from it.

Erza: 'I mean... it would be a waste to not eat all of it.' she thought to herself.

Her eyes looked back to the strawberry shortcake and she slowly reached back to it with her fork for another piece... only for Gray to suddenly run up and jump onto the table in front of her... and on top of the strawberry shortcake.

Gray: "Fight me!" he demanded.

Erza just stared... at where the strawberry shortcake once was... replaced by a bare foot with a splattered mess of what remained. Realization hit her and soon dread replaced her expression.

Erza: "I... was going to eat that." she muttered to herself in defeat.

Gray just looked confused at her until he realized he stepped on something.

Gray: "Ew, gross, what did I step on?" he said in disgust.

Gray lifted up his foot to see what he stepped on and Makarov just facepalmed to what he just saw.

Erza: "... you'll pay for that." she muttered.

Gray: "Huh?" he said, not hearing her.

But by the time he looked away from his foot to see what he stepped on. He watched as a fist raged towards his face.

(Present)

(Y/n) found himself walking down to the Casino of Akane Resort with Luana on his shoulder. It's been a couple of days since Lucy and he helped out Loki and as a reward, he gave their whole team tickets to this rather popular resort. While most of the team were rather excited to come here, he was not. He'd rather stay back at the guild and finish rebuilding it. It was their home after all.

Erza, however, left him little choice in the matter along with Mirajane. Both stated that it was best that he just relaxed and take a break instead of worrying about rebuilding the guild. Of course, (Y/n) tried to plead his case, but this was quickly countered by Erza with a well-placed punch to his stomach, rendering him unconscious.

(Y/n) let out a sigh as he continued walking down to where the Casino was. Earlier that day, the team went down to the crowded beach, where he spent most of his time, under an umbrella reading a good book about the principles of magic.

This, however, didn't sit well with Natsu and Happy, as they picked him up and flew him high up into the sky before dropping him down to the ocean. To say the least, it WAS a good book.

(Y/n): "A beach though... most of them should've realized that I'm just not comfortable being half naked around other people... unlike Gray." he muttered.

(Y/n): "Why couldn't it be a trip to the capital or something." he groaned.

Upon saying that, he felt Luana smack him on the side of the head. He glanced towards her to see her shaking her head.

(Y/n): "I know, I know, stop complaining and try to have fun. But it's hard to do that when most of the things I consider fun is considered boring by everyone else... I wish Levy was here. My dear mood kindred" he whined.

(Y/n): "I had some ideas about my magic I wanted to talk to her about, even new spells... I guess that can wait. To the casino! ...yeah." he slumped over, disappointed.

(Y/n) continued walking forward for a few minutes until he walked onto the main game floor, which looked no different from that of an amusement park. He saw so many people having fun... or despairing over massive losses.

He slowly pulled out his wallet to see how many Jewels he had left... in general. Ten thousand Jewels... not a lot.

(Y/n): "Is this how Lucy feels when rent is due?" he groaned.

Luana flew off his shoulder and grabbed ahold of a piece of his robe and began pulling him into the Game Room.

(Y/n): "Alright, alright, just one game. I don't plan on losing all my Jewels." he stated.

(Y/n) continued walking with Luana flying up to his shoulder once again. Nothing really caught his eye or intrigue him... until his eyes landed on a game of poker.

...

...

...

An hour ... An hour came and went. (Y/n) found himself sitting at the bar with a cup of water in front of him. His elbows were planted on the counter and his hands were on his mask.

After a few minutes, Gray eventually came into the Game Room and saw him. He walked over to him wearing a rather formal red dress shirt, dark blue tie, and black pants. Gray sat down beside him with a smirk on his face.

Gray: "Let me guess, you lost all your Jewels." he joked.

(Y/n): "No... that's the problem." he whined.

Gray just raised an eyebrow.

Gray: "So you won? Isn't that a good thing?" he questioned.

(Y/n): "I've made powerful enemies at the cost of Jewels." he stated.

Sweat ran down Gray's forehead as he looked over his shoulder. He looked around for a bit and saw several (unhappy) wealthy-looking individuals looking over at (Y/n). Gray slowly turned back and nervously looked over to (Y/n).

Gray: "...how much you win?" he asked.

(Y/n) remained silent before removing one of his hands from his face and gesturing for Gray to come closer. Gray did and lean his ear close to (Y/n). Only a few words left (Y/n)'s mouth and Gray's face turned pale.

Gray: "...Y-You're lying... that much?" he questioned.

(Y/n) just nodded his head... the two stayed silent until (Y/n) reached into his robe and pulled out a "few" Jewels and slid the bills over to Gray.

(Y/n): "Take it... please just take it. I'll be a dead man come morning. Have fun in my place." he cried.

Gray: "... what about the rest? You can't have that much on you, right?" he asked.

(Y/n): "No... I have "some" of it. I gave some to Natsu earlier when he came by, but I had Luana take "some more" back to the room. The rest... I had it arranged to be sent to the Guild... I can never come back here." he whispered.

Gray looked down at the Jewels and slowly pocket them before turning around to face the Game Room.

Gray: "You'd lived a good life man. I'll see you on the other side." he told him.

(Y/n): "See you on the other side." he replied.

Gray quickly walked away as (Y/n) remained there. After a few more minutes, (Y/n) felt a hand grab his shoulder and he quickly stiffened up. He slowly turned his head and quickly relaxed when he saw Erza and Lucy, with Lucy being the one grabbing his shoulder. Both of them wearing beautiful dresses.

Lucy: "Hey! Why are you over here alone? Why aren't you out there playing a game or two? Also, why aren't you dressed up? I'd love to see you in something formal." she smiled.

(Y/n): "Oh... hey guys. You both look beautiful." he commented.

Lucy: "Hehehe, you think." she blushed.

(Y/n): "As for your other questions, I don't exactly have anything formal. Never really needed it or anything... sorry to disappoint." he replied sadly.

Erza: "Jojo, you seem rather down. What happened?" she asked.

(Y/n): "And you forgot again, yippee... anyway, Lucy,  I have the Jewels I owe you for your first job plus interest." he stated.

...

...

...

Erza and Lucy walked away with more Jewels than they came into the Casino with. Both had wished (Y/n) luck after his explanation and left him to his lonesome as he requested.

He came in with a few Jewels to his name, now, he could retire... then again, he could make a will and give it all to Makarov. Gods knew he needs it with all the property damage the guild does.

(Y/n): "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea... hehehe." he chuckled in defeat.

As he chuckled to himself, he heard new footsteps walk closer to him and stopped.

?????: "(Y/n), my darling." a female voice stated.

... (Y/n) turned his head in confusion to see a rather familiar woman in a blue dress and... a necklace with a large Fairy Tail emblem.

Juvia: "I'm Juvia, do you remember me?" she questioned, fidgeting in place.

(Y/n): "Y-Yeah. Juvia Lockser, member of the Element Four. Ah! I-I mean former member. Since Phantom Lord got disbanded... must be tuff on you. How are you? Is everything alright? How are your injuries?" he quickly questioned.

Juvia smiled at his worry only to shake her head as she sat down beside him.

Juvia: "N-No, I'm fine, really. You don't have to worry about my well-being (but I won't stop you). Even with Phantom disbanding, I'm a free wizard and can join any guild I want!" she stated.

This earned a soft laugh from (Y/n) as he knows which guild she was referring to.

(Y/n): "Let me guess. Does it happen to be Fairy Tail?" he questioned, staring at the necklace.

Juvia: "Oh yes, very much so." she admitted.

(Y/n): "Well, I personally don't mind it and I'm sure Gray won't have any bad blood about it either. As for the others... well, I can give you a letter of recommendation to present to the Master... just be warned, people in Fairy Tail can be rather... violent on days, hehehe." he chuckled.

(Y/n): "But more importantly... I want to know more about your magic! Also, I want to thank you for the brief explanation about your magic during our fight! That really helped me out!" he quickly told her.

Juvia only smiled brightly as he said this. She nodded her head in response causing (Y/n) to quickly pull out his book and quill, completely getting out of his negative mood. As of now, his vacation was finally starting.

(Y/n): "Alright! The first series of questions, so your body is made completely of water due to your magic, yes? What kind of water? Saltwater or fresh? If fresh, is it drinkable? Can you hydrate yourself with yourself, can you dehydrate? Do you evaporate because of heat? Do you sweat normally, if so, I refer to my earlier questions about water type. If something goes inside you, do you feel it? What about-" he began quickly asked.

Juvia's face looked bright as a tomato to some of those questions, or rather, to how SHE heard and understood those questions.

Juvia: 'Am I drinkable, does he wish to...' she thought as steam began to come out of her ears.

(Y/n) was asking questions until he suddenly realized something. In his worry over her injuries and sudden surprise of seeing her, something went over his head that was important.

(Y/n): "... what did you say my name was?" he asked

Juvia snapped out of her imagination and looked at (Y/n) in confusion.

Juvia: "Huh? (Y/n), of course." she said as if it was obvious.

(Y/n): "You... remembered my name?" he said, quietly.

(Y/n): "HOW?!" he said in utter shock.

Juvia: "Oh no! Should I not know it? Was it supposed to be a secret of some sort? Would you wish that I forge-" she tried to say.

(Y/n): "No! Wait, I mean...ugh. It's just. I don't recall writing it down for you to remember it. No... even if I did, there's no way you'd remembered it for so long." he said as he flipped through his book.

Juvia: "Write it down?" she said in confusion.

(Y/n): "How could you remember it sooner than most? ...okay, did you know my name before we fought?" he asked.

Juvia looked away rather embarrassed.

Juvia: "I remember hearing about you from Gajeel... but I could never remember your name. Sorry." she apologized.

(Y/n): "But you remembered my name after we fought?" he asked.

Juvia nodded her head.

(Y/n) began rubbing the side of his head in confusion.

(Y/n): "That's... if I can figure out what or how you were able to remember... then I can." he said, sounding hopeful.

Juvia: "Is it important that I remember you?" she asked in confusion.

(Y/n): "Oh, sorry! I was so absorbed by the fact you actually remembered. The thing is that almost no one remembers my name. Only a few people can remember it right. Wait... but how the heck did Lucy remember my name when she first met me? Unlike you, she didn't even know that I existed beforehand." he said, beginning to think to himself.

Juvia: 'What? To be cursed to not be remembered? How terrible... wait, Lucy learned his name sooner than I did?!' she thought to herself.

As (Y/n) began thinking to himself and Juvia muttering curses, a dark shadow suddenly loomed over (Y/n).

?????: "Augustine of Fairy Tail?" he questioned.

(Y/n) stopped asking questions and turned his head to the person who called his name. Standing in front of him was a very massive, tall, and muscular man. Over his left eye was covered in a simple, dark eyepatch with a thin scar emerging from under it. The most noticeable thing about him was his massive metal jaw. His clothing was similar to what individuals wore in more desert or hot regions. (Y/n) only looked on nervously.

(Y/n): "Well, that's not me." he stated.

The man looked confused before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a card before putting it back.

?????: "(Y/n) of Fairy Tail." he corrected.

(Y/n): "... look... I didn't think I would beat your bosses multiple times in a game of cards. I got really lucky. Twelve times in a row, but really lucky." he stated.

The man just looked down at him before a magic circle appeared in front of his right eye. (Y/n)'s eyes widened as a massive explosion engulfed Juvia and him. A cloud of debris filled the area as (Y/n) began coughing as he slowly sat up. He heard groans beside him and saw Juvia on the ground looking rather hurt.

He wasted no time and wrote several things in his book quickly before moving over to Juvia. Her body glowed green as his own glowed red, yellow, and brown. Standing in front of her, he looked over at the tall man.

(Y/n): "You know what, no! Your bosses lost fair and square and they should've known better after the fourth straight loss! If you want to fight, fine! But leave others out of it." he stated.

The man just stared at him before making his demands.

?????: "Where is Erza?" he demanded to know.

(Y/n): "...why do you want Erza?" he countered.

?????: "It doesn't matter, where is she?" he demanded.

(Y/n): "... no. I will never tell you where she or anyone else is." he stated.

As he was saying this, water began to float and form in front of him until Juvia formed.

Juvia: "I won't allow you to so much as to lay a finger on my beloved. You'd have to go through me first." she stated.

(Y/n): "Don't Juvia, this is between me and him." he told her.

Juvia: "No, you have to go help Erza. I fear that she's in great danger, so I'll keep him at bay while you go save her." she told him.

(Y/n): "... wait, so this isn't about the money?" he questioned.

Juvia/?????: "Huh?" they both questioned.

The man just stared at (Y/n) before he suddenly lifted his left hand to his head.

?????: "Ah, you've located her... yes, I see. I'll clean things up here... understood." he suddenly said.

With that, he looked back at the two, and suddenly, everything went dark. Juvia began looking around, unable to see, while (Y/n) seemed more confused than anything.

Me: "A power outage?" he questioned.

?????: "It's magic of the dark lineage... Dark Moment." he said.

The man appeared behind (Y/n) with his hands raised up, creating a magic circle. Without a chance to react, (Y/n) sent his left elbow backward and slammed it right into the man's stomach. The man was sent flying back and crashed into what remained of the bar wall.

Shaking his head, the man looked over to (Y/n) in confusion as (Y/n) turned around to the man with Juvia looking around confused as to what was happening.

Juvia: "Is everything alright?!" she desperately asked.

(Y/n): "Uh-huh. Everything is fine, I don't need light to fight." he stated.

?????: 'How is that possible? Can he see in the dark or is it his magic?' he thought to himself.

(Y/n)'s book flew in front of (Y/n) with his quill and he quickly grabbed them.

(Y/n): "I can allow myself to my harm, but I won't let any harm come to my friends... especially Erza." he said, softly.

The man, hearing this, raised an eyebrow as (Y/n) quickly wrote in his book, and before they knew it. A large ball of light manifested overhead as the sound of a gunshot rang throughout the Game Room.

?????: 'What kind of magic is this?' he thought to himself.

He didn't have time to think as Juvia now had sights on him.

Juvia: "Water Slicer!" she yelled.

The man barely managed to disappear as the blade of water slammed into the remains of the wall of the bar and exploded. The lights to the Game Room suddenly came back on with the man appearing several feet away from the two.

?????: "It appears it's pointless to keep the lights off thanks to your magic." he stated.

(Y/n): "Sorry to disappoint you, but if you thought having the lights off would give you an advantage, then you're wrong. Now, what the hell do you want with Erza?!" he yelled.

?????: "It doesn't matter, we already have her." he said before disappearing.

(Y/n): "Wait! ...damn it!" he yelled after reaching his hand out.

(Y/n) undid his large ball of light before looking back to Juvia.

(Y/n): "Juvia, I know you don't have to, but can you look for Gray and Natsu?! They're down on the game floor near the slot machines! If you do, I would really-" he tried to say only for Juvia to quickly leave.

Juvia: "As you wish, my beloved!" she said before leaving.

(Y/n): "...strange nickname, but not the time to complain." he said before running off to where he last saw Lucy and Erza went.

(Y/n) ran as quickly as he could down the main walkway of the massive room in hopes of locating the two. However, the sound of another gunshot rang throughout the room followed by the sound of Lucy screaming for help.

This only made (Y/n) panic more as he got closer to where the sound of Lucy's cry for help was heard. He just needed to climb up a flight of stairs.

(Y/n): "What on Earth Land is happening?!" he said to himself as he ran up the stairs.

He felt as if he was close and was preparing to go in to fight whoever was doing all of this... only for his book to suddenly fly out of his hands. Confused, he looked at the book as it floated up a few steps before flying back down towards him.

The book slammed right into his mask and send him flying down the flight of stairs. He felt his back slam each stair that he just ran up before ultimately slamming his head at the bottom of the stairs.

Lucy: "Come back! she yelled.

(Y/n) let out a groan in pain as he slowly sat up. His book slowly floated in front of him before gently falling on his lap. His head looked down towards it in confusion.

(Y/n): 'What is up with this book? Why does it just... no, questions for later! Lucy and Erza need help!' he thought to himself.

He quickly stood back up and began running up the stairs again.

(Y/n): 'But why don't I hear fighting? Whoever it is, Erza can easily beat them in a fight. It's Erza... she can't lose.' he thought to himself.

By the time (Y/n) ran up to the top of the stairs, he quickly looked around for anyone... to see no one except Lucy, who was on the ground rolling around and yelling out in anger. He quickly made his way over to her only to see that she was tied up with some strange orange rope. Then there were also the cards that littered the floor.

(Y/n): "Lucy!" he called out.

Lucy stopped rolling around and tried looking over to where she heard his voice.

Lucy: "(Y/n)? Over here! Help me out of this thing!" she begged.

(Y/n) came running over and slid to the ground next to her.

(Y/n): "You alright?! Are you hurt?" he quickly asked with a worried tone in his voice.

Lucy: "K-Kinda, this thing is pulling me and- ah!" she yelled.

(Y/n) watched at the rope suddenly pulled her backward. If it kept going any more, Lucy's back would be seriously injured, if it went further... she could. His hands reached down to the binding and grab onto it firmly.

Lucy: "This stuff is really strong, I don't think you can-" she tried to say.

(Y/n) pulled on the binding, and tore the part he was holding. The rest of the binding us suddenly faded away into a pink light.

Lucy found herself laying on the ground looking up at (Y/n) in surprise.

Lucy: "When did you get strong enough to do that?!" she questioned.

(Y/n) just lifted up his book.

(Y/n): "I was attacked downstairs and I quickly put enchantments on myself. I haven't turned them off." he revealed.

Lucy: "Well, thanks for helping! But we have to hurry and find Natsu and Gray!" she told him.

(Y/n): "Don't worry, I have a friend looking for them right now. They're somewhere on the game floor (from what I remember). But more importantly, where's Erza? The person who attacked me was looking for her." he revealed.

Lucy: "A bunch of guys and a girl took her and Happy!" she revealed.

(Y/n): "They... took Erza... and Happy? How?! Where did they go?!" he asked.

Lucy: "I'm not sure, they teleported away. One of them said something about "Tower of Heaven."" she told him.

(Y/n): "Tower of Heaven?" he questioned.

Lucy: "Any idea what or where that is?" she asked.

He only shook his head. The name "Tower of Heaven" didn't ring any bells. Meaning that it was a name only they were familiar with... making it difficult to find them.

(Y/n): "Damn it... if only I was faster but..." he looked to his book.

(Y/n): "Alright, since we can't immediately follow them, our best bet is to have Natsu track them. If they attacked Gray and Natsu as they did us, then Natsu probably has their scent." he pointed out.

Lucy nodded her head and the two stood up and quickly began making their way to the stairs. As the two were running down the stairs, a sudden blast of fire shot up to the ceiling from the game floor. They ran towards it to see Juvia and Gray running over to the fire.

Lucy: "Wait, isn't that?!" she yelled.

(Y/n): "R-Right, quick recap. She's a friend now and wants to join Fairy Tail. Not sure how you feel about it, but right now, finding Erza and Happy is more important." he told her.

Lucy just looked at him as they ran before letting out a sigh.

Lucy: "Fine... if you think we can trust her, I'll trust in your judgment." she told him.

The two managed to meet up where Gray and Juvia were at. (Y/n) looked over to Gray to see if he was injured... but it looked as if he had more emotional damage than physical.

The four stood in front of Natsu, holding his hands to his mouth... with smoke leaving it.

Natsu: "T-The nerve of that guy!" he yelled.

(Y/n): "Natsu! Are you okay?!" he asked.

Natsu: "No! Some jerk shot me in the mouth! Seriously, who does that?! Someone can get really hurt." he stated.

The four of them just looked at him in disbelief.

Lucy: "Uhhh... I think that killed anyone that wasn't a complete weirdo like you." she pointed out.

Juvia: "I would have to agree." she commented.

(Y/n): "Natsu! Whoever shot you kidnapped Erza and Happy!" he told him.

Natsu just looked at (Y/n) before being engulfed in rage.

Natsu: "That Blockhead did what?! He's not getting away with shooting me and running off with them!" he yelled

Without warning, Natsu bolted by everyone with (Y/n) quickly following behind. As that happened, Luana flew casually back into the room only to be suddenly grabbed by (Y/n) as he followed Natsu.

(Timeskip brought to you by (Y/n) quickly handing a "few" Jewels to a fisherman for his dinghy)

The group found themselves on a dinghy out somewhere in the ocean with no land in sight. They've been out there for who knows how long and it's already taken a toll on Natsu.

At the back of the dinghy, (Y/n) was trying his best to help Natsu with Luana on his shoulder, but it didn't last long as he couldn't keep up the amount of magic it was consuming over time. (Y/n) was unable to cure Natsu of motion sickness, healing him did nothing more but halt the progress of it or the feeling. The moment he stopped, it would all come back.

(Y/n) did plan on researching and experimenting more with his magic to try new enchantments due to getting more stronger (or so he thinks). He already has a few new spells ready to try, but testing new spells out in the field was foolish and risky.

Natsu was leaning over the back of the dinghy looking as if he was going to vomit again at any moment. (Y/n) was just rubbing his back trying to soothe him. Perhaps he should look into making a spell for curing ailments... no, he will look into it. For Natsu's sake.

As (Y/n) rubbed Natsu's back, the others were talking about what happened the night before.

Lucy: "I'm worried about those people stuck in the cards. Do you think they're okay?" she asked.

Gray: "We'd let the military know before we left, so I'm sure they'd be fine." he stated.

Lucy: "I hope so..." she quietly said to herself.

After saying this, Gray suddenly looked at their surroundings to realize something.

Gray: "Wait a minute, where the heck are we?" he asked.

Juvia: "I don't know, we were following Salamander's lead." she pointed out to him.

Lucy: "Natsu, are you sure we're going in the right direction?" she asked as she looked over.

Upon asking that, Natsu hurled into the ocean.

(Y/n): "There, there, once I'm fully charged, I'll try helping again." he told him.

Gray: "Man! We're relying on you're sense of smell! Get it together!" he yelled at him.

(Y/n): "Gray... we have to be patient with him. He's our only hope of finding them." he said, not looking over at them.

Gray just looked at the two before looking away and in front of the boat.

Gray: "Geez, I can't believe how easily they were able to knock us out and kidnap Erza and Happy. We're pathetic.... how the hell did you do fine, Maverick?" he asked still upset with himself.

(Y/n): "(Y/n), and enchantments mainly." he replied.

Gray: "I got ambushed in that pitch darkness by that weird cat chick and got tied up, how were you even able to fight back?" he raised an eyebrow.

(Y/n): "Pitch darkness? It wasn't that dark to hamper vision, but that's not really how I avoided getting knocked out or hurt. I just heard him behind me." he pointed out.

Gray: "Wasn't that dark?! What the heck are you on about?!" he yelled.

Lucy: "We're you really able to see?" she asked in confusion.

Juvia: "I'm amazed that you were even able to hear him. His voice came from all around us." she said in awe.

(Y/n): "Really? You didn't hear him? Hmmm..." he said before thinking to himself.

(Y/n): "Maybe I just got really lucky? Seeing that I won... you know. If anything, I'm still not over the fact they even manage to get Erza." he said quietly.

Juvia: "They truly must've been powerful wizards to beat one such as Erza." she pointed out.

Gray suddenly snapped his head towards her in rage.

Gray: "What?! They didn't beat her, quit talking like you know her, 'cause you don't!" he yelled.

Juvia lowered her head down and looked away from Gray to try and avoid his glare.

(Y/n): "Gray... relax. Juvia didn't mean any insult." he said.

Gray: "How can you be so calm?! If anyone here should be worried or mad it's-" he tried to say as he turned to (Y/n).

(Y/n): "Where would that get me now?" he countered.

Gray went quiet.

(Y/n): "All I can do now is be calm and hope that both Erza and Happy will be fine. Lashing out my anger or sorrow over the matter is pointless... I... we just have to keep moving. Just... keep moving." he quietly said.

The three just looked as (Y/n) gently touched the sapphire orb on his robe.

(Y/n): "Erza... is strong. One of the strongest people I know, that we know. As Lucy said earlier, they shot her from behind when her guard was down." he stated.

Lucy: "Yeah... those goons that attacked us said that they were old friends of Erza's... which makes me wonder if we know her any better than Juvia does." she stated.

Gray: "...Ton- I mean, (Y/n). Did Erza ever bring up anything about old friends to you? Seeing that you've worked with and spent time with her the most and... you know." he said.

Juvia and Lucy just looked confused about the last part but only waited for (Y/n) to say something. But he remained silent for a minute before shaking his head.

(Y/n): "Hehehe... no. She never brought up something like that... but we all have our own secrets that we rather not talk about. Whether it be for simple or complicated reasons. No one has to share those secrets. Isn't that right, guys?" he asked.

They went quiet as (Y/n) continued to rub the sapphire orb.

(Y/n): "I have secrets... small and large secrets... secrets that are embarrassing to others or myself... secrets... that scare me... even secrets that I don't even know about." he muttered.

(Y/n): "My point... it doesn't matter whether we know everything about her or others. All that matters is that we stand by each other no matter what... because that's what family does..." he said happily.

After saying that, Natsu suddenly stood up and completely caught (Y/n) off-guard and panicked backward.

Natsu: "What the?! I just got a weird feeling." he suddenly said.

Everyone looked around and watched as the clear skies suddenly became covered in dark clouds. All of them stood up and watched as the birds that had been cawing suddenly went quiet as they fell from the sky and down to the ocean.

Lucy: "The birds..." she said in horror.

Gray: "What's happening to them?" he asked, a bit unnerved.

The dinghy suddenly rocked a bit causing them all to stumble. By the time they regained balance, they saw what they hit. Large debris floating in the ocean around them with dead fish as well.

Gray: "Not the fish too." he said in shock.

Juvia: "I've never seen anything like it." she stated.

Gray: "...look! That's wreckage from a Fiore naval ship!" he pointed out.

(Y/n): "That's... not good. Who or what would've attacked..." he began to think.

Lucy: "Okay, I'm creeped out." she said nervously.

Natsu: "What's that?!" he asked.

Everyone looked away from the debris and looked in the direction Natsu was facing... only to see some strange tower made of intertwining lengths of metal tubes and pipes in the distance reaching up into the sky.

Lucy: "It must be... the Tower of Heaven!" she realized.

Gray: "How did we not see it until now?!" he asked.

(Y/n): "Perhaps some sort of illusion or mirage magic? But to hide something that large... we need to hide before we're spotted or we'll end up like that destroyed ship!" he suddenly yelled.

Juvia: "I'll protect us!" she stated.

The group watched as Juvia lifted her hand up into the air. Water quickly began to float all around them until a water dome covered them, hiding them from view.

Lucy: "Nice work, Juvia." she thanked.

(Y/n) let out a sigh of relief before looking toward Juvia.

(Y/n): "I'm so happy you came along with us. We're in your debt." he bowed his head.

Juvia: "O-Oh there's no need for that! It's the least I can do for everything that happened?" she quickly replied.

Juvia: 'I made him happy!' she internally squealed.

They continued to make their way across the ocean toward the Tower of Heaven. It took about half an hour before they arrived at a small dock that was well hidden within the cliffside of the island where the tower was located. Once they docked, they quickly tied to dinghy to the dock before quickly making their way to the tower. Natsu struggled to keep up as his motion sickness was still affecting him.

As they ran down the dock, they spotted a set of stairs carved into the rock heading up towards the tower. But they began to slow down and hide as they spotted several lookouts up upon the cliff with strange beasts.

Upon seeing this, Juvia volunteered to search underwater for another way to the tower as the rest of the group tried to figure out a plan of action if there wasn't. After several minutes, they came to find out that any way forward was heavily guarded.

Gray: "They have a ton of lookouts" he pointed out.

Natsu: "Let's charge them." he suggested.

Lucy: "Don't think about it. Remember, they have Erza and Happy. If we screw this up, we could be putting them in danger." she reminded him.

Gray: "Man, this is going to be tricky... you have anything that can help?" he asked, looking to (Y/n).

(Y/n) thought about it. He does have a few ideas but... he shook his head. Attempting to disguise himself or the others may work, but there's no telling if they have some sort of magical security to detect them somehow. Or perhaps those beasts know the smell of the other guards and attack those it doesn't recognized.

There were too many unknowns that they could come across- he shook his head again.

(Y/n): 'What are you doing?! Erza is endangered and here I am reverting to my cautious old self! Think, damn it! She wouldn't hesitate to save you... she never does.' he thought.

Gray just watches as (Y/n) rubbed his hood while his book floated in front of him, flipping through pages. Lucy looked back and saw this behavior of his.

Lucy: "Is he okay?" she asked worriedly.

Gray only sighed as he looked at him sadly.

Gray: "...no. Even if you can't see his face, you can still read his body language and actions. Though, this is only the second time I've seen him like this..." he said.

Lucy: "What was the first time like?" she questioned.

Gray just looked at him and his mind went back to a few years ago. He remembered going into the library to look up a monster he had to go take care of. But when he got inside, he saw (Y/n) at a table with his elbows on one of the tables with his hands grabbing his head. He was looking down at a photo of members of the guild when they were younger... a few days after...

Gray: "Some things shouldn't be said." he frowned.

Lucy saw this and just looked back to (Y/n) flipping pages.

Lucy: '(Y/n).' she thought to herself.

As this went on, Juvia suddenly emerged from the water next to all of them. (Y/n) closed his book and knelt down next to the water.

(Y/n): "Any luck?" he asked.

Juvia nodded her head.

Juvia: "I found an underwater passageway into the tower." she revealed.

Gray: "Seriously?" he asked in shock.

(Y/n) let out a soft laugh and he looked towards Juvia.

(Y/n): "Once again, I am truly happy you are here with us Juvia. You're the best." he said happily.

(Y/n) suddenly went into deep thought on how the rest of them can get to these underwater passageways. As he did this, Juvia came out of the water and walked over to Lucy. She looked over her with a smug smile.

Juvia: "You hear that? He praised me, not you." she pointed out

Lucy: "Whatever." she crossed her arms.

Gray just looked confused and looked at Natsu.

Gray: "What's up with them?" he asked.

Natsu: "How should I know? Maybe it's a girl thing?" he asked.

Gray: "I doubt it." he stated.

(Y/n) looked back to the sudden tension, oblivious to what was happening.

(Y/n): "Juvia, how far of a swim is the passageway?" he asked.

Juvia: "We can swim there in ten minutes." she stated.

Natsu: "We can hold out breaths that long, right?" he asked.

Gray: "Probably." he answered.

Lucy: "That's not humanly possible, you dolts!" she yelled at them.

(Y/n): "She's right you know." he told them.

(Y/n): "... Juvia, you wouldn't be able to-" he tried to say.

Juvia: "Yes." she replied.

They all looked over to see that Juvia was holding up some sort of water ball.

Juvia: "I had already anticipated that you would ask if I can help." she said, slyly looking at Lucy.

Lucy: 'Geez, this isn't a competiti-... no, she is treating this as a competition.' she thought to herself, irritated.

Juvia: "It's a water shell that contains oxygen. This way you can breathe underwater." she explained.

(Y/n) had been writing this down as she explained it looking up and down at the water shell excitedly. Already thinking of several more questions to ask Juvia at a later date.

Natsu: "Wow! You're awesome! ...who are you again?" he asked.

Juvia looked defeated when he asked that. (Y/n) closed his book and looked at Natsu.

(Y/n): "Her name is Juvia Lockser, Natsu. You should try and remember it. Now, let's go rescue Erza and Happy!" he cheered.

After a minute, Juvia placed water shells over everyone's heads before they all went into the water. They swam behind Juvia as she lead them through the water and towards an underwater cave of sorts. As they swam through it and emerged above water, they soon found themselves in a well-lit cavern.

(Y/n) looked around to see that the people there were most likely using this place for mining of some sort as there were man-made structures in the area. He also noticed several crates full of lacrima.

Gray: "So we're beneath the tower now, huh?" he questioned.

Natsu: "I wonder where they're keeping Erza and Happy." he asked no one in particular.

(Y/n): "If anything, we should try and sneak around to not raise the alarm. When we get the chance, we should grab one of the people here and interrogate them." he suggested.

Natsu: "Yeah!" he said, punching his fist to the palm of his hand on fire.

As the guys discussed how to find their way into the tower, Lucy hung back looking at the water shell that was floating in her hand.

Lucy: "They may look silly, but they sure do work." she smiled.

Juvia: "I'm impressed you made it here. Because I purposely made your shell smaller so that you'd have trouble breathing." she admitted with no shame.

Lucy: "...even if it did, (Y/n) would have saved me." she smirked.

The two of them just looked at one another not saying a word. But before any more was said, a loud roar echoed throughout the cavern. They all looked up to where the source came from only to see one of the guards flying on one of those strange beasts.

Guard: "Intruders!" he alerted.

They all watched as more guards began to swarm out of the structures with spears at the ready along with more strange beasts. They began to run on the stone bridges that connected to one another and looked over at them. There were maybe over a hundred of them... but they didn't seem as if they could use magic.

Guard: "Identify yourselves!" he ordered.

Upon hearing this, (Y/n) brought his book in front of him and wrote.

Gray: "I guess we don't have a choice. We're going to have to fight them." he stated.

(Y/n): "Then let's make this quick! Now that they know we're here, they might try and harm Erza and Happy! So focus on spells with an area of effect rather than focusing on a single engagement." he told them.

Gray and Natsu just looked at him in confusion causing (Y/n) to slump forward before letting out a sigh.

(Y/n): "Use your spells that cause the most property damage. Like when "we" accidentally destroy towns." he pointed out.

Gray: "You should've just said that." he commented.

(Y/n) just let out a groan before Gray, Natsu, Juvia, and Lucy suddenly began glowing yellow, blue, red, and brown.

(Y/n): "Just go and kick their butts for messing with Fairy Tail! I'm going to launch us upward!" he stated.

Natsu: "That's more like it! This feels better than normal, man, I got a fire in my belly!" he yelled.

Those around Natsu watched as he cast a spell before (Y/n) wrote another sentence in his book. Stone pillars quickly rose up from the ground underneath them and suddenly stopped, sending them flying upwards. The guard that had ordered them to identify themselves on the flying beast soon found himself face to face with Natsu.

With his hand stretched forward and a spell about to be cast, the guard watched in horror as Natsu glared at him.

Natsu: "We're from Fairy Tail!" he yelled.

A massive blast of fire erupted from Natsu's hand and slammed into the guard along with all of those behind him on the stone bridge. Many of them yelled, "ow, so hot!" Gray, not wanting to be left behind in the action, cast a spell to launch several ice lances at multiple guards who yelled, "so cold!" (Y/n) couldn't help but appreciate the commentary despite them being their enemy.

(Y/n) and Lucy fell down on the same bridge with many of the guards looking in their general direction... no, more specifically, at Lucy with their mouths open and grinning.

Guard: "Oh wow, she's fighting in a bikini." he said happily.

Lucy could feel them all staring at her as (Y/n) and Luana came up in front of her. Luana with (Y/n)'s shield ready to bash their heads, and (Y/n) with his book at the ready. She couldn't help but smile as she brought out one of her keys.

Lucy: 'This time, I'll fight alongside both of you.' she thought.

Lucy: "Open! Gate of the Maiden, Virgo!" she commanded.

A sudden explosion of rock occurred in front of (Y/n) and the guards as they watched as Virgo appeared.

Virgo: "You summoned me, Princess?" she asked, already knowing the answer.

The guards, instead of being fearful or on guard by the sudden appearance of this maid, instead began whistling and cheering.

Lucy heard some of those comments, one of them being "wow, she's so much hotter than the blondie." which seemed to have struck a nerve.

Lucy: "These pervs need to be punished." she stated.

Virgo: "As you wish!" she nodded her head.

They watched as Virgo rushed forward and slammed into the large groups of guards, knocking them over the edge of the stone bridge. (Y/n), who was ready to fight, looked to Gray, Natsu, and Juvia causing mass damage. He lowered his book as he removed his enchantments on Lucy and instead replaced it with a shield spell.

(Y/n): "... I guess this type of fight isn't my specialty." he said, a bit disappointed.

Lucy just placed a hand on his shoulder before smiling at him.

Lucy: "Baby steps, you're just getting into fighting. No one is going to blame you for not having any of the more... flashy spells." she said, referring to the mass destruction happening in the background.

(Y/n) nodded his head before looking at Lucy... and slowly looked away. Without saying another word, he removed his robe and held it to Lucy.

(Y/n): "Perhaps... it would be better if you had more clothing on. In case you were to get hurt and the rest of your clothing gets damaged or destroyed... it would leave you... you know." he hinted.

Lucy: "The rest of my... oh!" she suddenly realized.

She quietly took the robe and placed it on. Once she did, she noticed that (Y/n) seemed a bit more comfortable with looking at her, making her smile.

(Y/n): "Alright, I'm going to try and look for a way up to the tower." he said as he turned around.

Lucy just watched as (Y/n) ran off towards one of the buildings connected to the stone bridge. A group of guards tried to intercept him only for him to just write in his book. Without warning, the portion of the stone bridge that they were on broke and they fell down to the water below. (Y/n) simply jumped over the broken portion as if it was much of an issue. Smiling, Lucy turned and began running after Virgo.

(Small timeskip brought to you by Luana bashing a guard that tried to backstab (Y/n) after being questioned.)

Several violent minutes later and all the guards had been rendered unconscious. The rest of the group began making their way over to (Y/n) on the ground level. When they arrived, they saw Luana violently punching one of the guards. (Y/n), on the other hand, was staring up at one of the strange carvings on the wall that looked to be a giant mask.

Gray: "Good work team." he told them.

Natsu: "Masky! Did you figure out how to get out of here?" he asked.

(Y/n) looked over to Natsu and shook his head.

(Y/n): "From what I learned, that large carving opens up and lowers a pathway to enter the tower. However... we can't open it from this side... but we don't exactly need to be quiet anymore. I say we break it open." he suggested.

Natsu: "I'm liking this new attitude of yours. You got all aggressive." he grinned.

As this happened, Juvia found herself staring at Lucy, who noticed this. But Lucy figured this would happen as much, after all, she was wearing (Y/n)'s robe. She gave her a smirk, causing Juvia to be more annoyed. As this happened, Virgo found herself staring at the sapphire orb on the robe.

Gray: "How should we break it?" he asked.

Before Natsu had a chance to respond, a part of the carving lifted up and a pathway lowered down to them.

Natsu: "... did we do that?" he questioned, pointing to the pathway.

Gray: "No, I think they're inviting us in." he pointed out.

(Y/n): "... every fiber of my being is yelling at me that this is a trap. Even if it is..." he looked up to the opening of the carving.

(Y/n): "Let's go save them." he stated.

Gray: "Yeah, let's go save your c-" he tried to say.

(Y/n): "Not the time!" he quickly told him.

Gray only chuckled causing Natsu to look at him annoyed.

Natsu: "What's so funny?" he asked.

Gray: "Nothing. Come on." he said.

With that, the group went forward and entered the Tower of Heaven.

I need to save her... I have to... how could I not when she saved me when everyone else... forgot me.

-(Y/n)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 570 16
After Fairy Tail have been reinstated, the empty feeling of losing her mother figure still haunts Lucy. Her efforts of finding Aquarius in each missi...
178K 3.8K 42
╰┈➤ 家族 ┆𝐊𝐀𝐙𝐎𝐊𝐔 / 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐬 ˚࿐.∗̥⁺ ( 𝙁𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙡 𝙫...
109K 4.5K 46
Lucy Heartfilia, a 16 year old girl, has just enrolled into a new school. Fairy Tail Academy. She's new to the school and everyone welcomes her. Exce...
61.5K 2.7K 55
"Sometimes the brothers that you need in life are fosters." Cold, sadistic, and a hint of crazy describes the pyromaniac perfectly. Never choosing to...