Heathen

By softsloth

"You don't understand, little female. I am like a God to these people." Elodie is lost. Literally. After a ma... More

before
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|28|
|29|
|30|
after
Book 5 - His Redemption

|27|

33.5K 1.6K 149
By softsloth

Barre

     I shoulder through the large, wooden doors that lead to the launch pad. Too many spaceships and aircrafts populate the rough ground. Some are obsolete hunks of garbage that haven't been used in centuries.

     As i walk past the countless ships, my boots thumping, I reach out and run my hand across the large metal sides of a rusty ship dotted with holes.

     Our race used to send out countless spaceships to explore other worlds, even more when our females died out, and now these ships sit around for the most part. Other than the few that fly out to do our regular trade of goods with other planets, there is no need to leave the safety of Rytaria, especially now that we must protect the precious females we have harbored here.

     "Barre!" Fray is stalking towards me, arm outstretched to clap me on the shoulder in greeting, but Salsh growls fiercely, always at my side and ready to protect. I roll my eyes.

     Fray stops short, hands held up in a sign of peace.

    "He wants to protect you. He doesn't know how powerful you really are." That earns a chuckle from me. "I'm so glad that you could make it. I know it is early."

     I nod, looking ahead as we walk side by side, heading to our destination together. Salsh is quick to follow, never straying far from my legs.

    "It was not easy to pull myself from the nest." I respond, even though I had to be here, it is true. I could hardly get myself to leave Elodie's side for even a moment of time. She is my life now. I had to station 3 guards outside our door to ensure her safety until I return.

     I have never been paranoid. My power often secures anything I want or need, I've never had to worry. I had nothing to lose either, but now that story has changed completely. I have everything to lose because I have Elodie. She is everything. I've never known such fear, such ecstasy and love, such paranoia. Its all a lot. It was easier before she came along, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I hope the complications never stop if this is what love is.

     Fray laughs at me, breaking me from my haze.

     "What did you say?" I ask, slightly embarrassed.

     He shakes his head.

     "I was just telling you that I understand completely. Getting a female changes you, it is hard to leave the sanctuary they offer." He grins, shaking his head and running a hand through his white hair. "But, it seems like you were already thinking about that."

     Clearing my throat, I look away as I think of my time with my sweet, tiny mate. She is sunshine wrapped in red hair. Sanctuary is the perfect word to describe her. It would not be noble for me to comment further to Fray on why exactly I struggle leaving her. I cant say how I belong between her thighs, and no matter how many times we tussle in the nest, she is still never satiated.

     I always leave her satisfied, but she is always hungry for more.

     I try to contain my smile, ready to get back to my fiery goddess.

     "Well, regardless, I am glad you are here. It is your right to send him off." Fray says, and I nod, knowing that it is also Fray's right to see Locanas shipped off to the mountains of Kalinda.

     Locanas was Fray's second in command, I can only imagine how hard it is to trust a male and watch him become a dishonorable monster.

     We continue walking silently until we come to a rather large air ship at the end of the strip. It's bustling with a few males as they prepare for flight. They carry supplies up the ramp and into the ship. They're all preparing to ship of this criminal so that none of us have to worry about him again.

     Speaking of the criminal, I spot him at the bottom of the ship, hands chained together and eyes glued to his feet.

     Locanas's jaw is clenched tight. He doesn't want to be here. I can't blame him for that, but he deserves this. Actually, he deserves far worse, but this is mercy as far as I'm concerned. At least he's not dead.

      "Are you ready to board, Locanas?" Fray's voice, once friendly and light, is now filled with storm clouds as he directly addresses the male that is the reason why we are here. His tone leaves no room for discussion.

      We are sending him. He has no choice in the matter.

     He looks up. The male that frightened my female. The reason she ran terrified into the woods, hurting herself and crawling into a tree. If I hadn't of found her when I did, she would have died, I have no doubt about that.

     Remembering the day I came across her in the woods, her sad eyes and wet hair, I know now that even then I realized that my life would change forever.

     The real question is, how can I hate Locanas when he is the reason I found my life's purpose? Elodie would've never found me way out on my land if she didn't run for her life from this male.

      I can't exactly thank him. The trauma he inflicted is still not okay.

     "Yes." He takes a small step forward, glancing from Fray to me quickly. His expression shifts.

      "Barre. I... I want to say that I'm sorry." He says slowly, and I can tell as he forces the words out that they are hard to admit for him, but they seem genuine.

      I don't accept the apology.

     "I'm not the one you need to make amends with. She will decide if she will forgive you. Not me."

     He nods, looking down once more, his jaw tight and lips thin. Locanas has accepted his fate it would seem.
That makes things a whole lot easier.

     "You disappointed me, Locanas. I thought you could shape into a worthy male. A male of honor and integrity. Instead, you frightened a female and likely caused her lifelong fear in her mind. This is no minor crime. For that you are sentenced to hard labor. What say you?"

     The males around us slow their work, greedy to overhear what the prisoner has to say in response to his sentence. I shoot them one glance to tell the to get back to work, and they quickly listen, hustling away with their chores.

     Locanas squares his shoulders.

      "I gladly accept. I can only hope that death will take me soon." He says, and I nod in agreement.

      Fray cocks his head to one of the guards, and soon the prisoner is led up the ramp, his fate sealed in a few moments.

     "I didn't need to be here for this." I say. "He'll probably die out there anyway."

      "Yes, you did." Fray turns to me, disregarding Salsh as the rasler begins snarling. "I knew it would be comforting to see him leave. It'll give you peace of mind."

      I don't know how Fray knew this, but he's right. It does oddly make me relax to watch the ship rumble to life, prepared to fly Locanas very far away where we will never have to deal with him ever again.

     The ship's hatch finally closes up, sealing up the ship and everyone in it. Fray and I take several steps backwards, watching as the ship thrums. The ship lifts into the sky, sending dirt and pebbles scattering around our feet. I cover my eyes with a hand to my forehead, narrowing them as Locanas floats away.

     Fray turns to me, hands on his hips. I don't look at him, keeping my eyes focused on the ship until it takes off, heading towards the horizon until it becomes a distant little dot in the sky.

     "You don't have to stay if you don't want to." Fray begins, stalking back to the castle. I watch him and follow behind him. "Although, it would be safer for your female if you were to live here."

     I growl under my breath and shake my head.

     "No."

     The idea of spending the rest of my life in the palace puts a pit in my stomach. Every minute here is another minute spent suffocating.

     Fray shoots me a disapproving glance.

     "She would be better protected here. The walls, the guards. It would be wiser to keep her here rather than dragging her back out to your cabin."

     I stop dead, grabbing the male by the collar and pulling him until we're face to face.

     "Are you saying I can't protect my own mate?" I spit, insulted buy the mere implication.

     Frays eyes are wide, flicking down to Salsh who is foaming at the mouth before looking back at me.

     "No, no I am just trying to tell you she would be safer here, where we can all keep an eye on her." He tries to defend himself but the damage is already done.

     Uncertainty funnels into my head, and it doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

     My pride kicks in, trying to fight back against the intrusion of self doubt.

     "I have the highest threat level of any creature on this planet and the next." I crack my neck to one side, signalling I'm ready for battle at any moment if he wishes to threaten me.

     Fray gulps.

     "154. You remember don't you? Now, I'm not sure what your threat level is, Fray." I look him up and down, assessing his strength with my trained, gladiator eyes. "115? Maybe 120?"

     He clears his throat.

     "117."

    "117." I repeat, amusement in my voice. I know I'm embarrassing him, but I can't seem to care. "Alright. So, maybe with my threat level I'll be able to manage protecting Elodie. Certainly better than someone with 117. Okay?"

     Fray is silent for awhile, his jaw flexing as he thinks.

     "I'm just trying to help. Elodie is very important to my mate."

    "Elodie is everything to me. I will ensure she is safe and happy."

     Fray nods, and that's all I need. I let him go and head inside. My breathing is still harsh and panicked. My hands are shaky, mind hazy.

     Salsh whines, nudging my palm with his snout. I ignore him. I'm focused on getting back to my mate. I need to ensure she's safe to ease my mind, and I need her touch and ease my body. Most of all, I need her sweet voice to comfort my heart.

Don't forget to vote and comment :) thanks for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 92 27
"Sometimes it is better to live with the demons than getting drowned by the ones you thought cared..." "...drop me down...you cannot take...
271K 13.1K 62
Abandoned and left to die, a human girl must fight to survive on an alien planet filled with monsters that want to kill her. That is until she meets...
77.8K 1.9K 51
#smut #ratedR RANKED #1 #ORC RANKED #1 #HOTGUY RANKED #1 #MONSTER RANKED #2 #MYSTICALCREATURES RANKED #1 #EXOTIC A young women is forced into a world...
6.5M 185K 58
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉, 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘, 𝒕𝒐�...