her ghost a Ben hargreeves x...

By fandom_xreaders

y/n hargreeves or number 8 has been blamed for the death of her bother. it's put a lot of weight on her for y... More

chapter 1
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

chapter2

488 15 1
By fandom_xreaders

y/n pov

*years ago

mom rang the breakfast bell as i finished getting ready. i walked out of my room behind vanya. we got the the table and stood next to our chairs. mine was next to ben. dad enterned after us. 

"sit" he said. i started eating. i knew i was tense. i always was. especially at breackfast where if i even smiled that day would be training by myself as i had "shown to much emotion". i was watching the people around the table and saw luther and allison smile at each other. i could see Klaus rolling a joint under the table and could hear diego carving into his chair. ben was next to me reading a book. he nudged my side as i looked around the table. he moved the book closer to me.  i realaxed a bit and he noticed and gave me a smile. he knew i couldnt but i took my finger and traced a smile on his hand. we red the book together until we heard a bang on the table. my head shot to the noise. the record was still playing in the background. i saw that fives knife had been stabbed into the table. 

"number five" dad asked

"i have a question"five asked

"knowledge is an admiralble goal, but you know the rules. no talking during mealtimes. you interrupted Herr Carlson"

"i want to time travel" five said. i looked over at ben whos jaw was dropped. i hit his leg slightly and he sat back up and looked at me before back at five.

"no" 

"but im ready. ive been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said" five then got up and teleported next to dad."see"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well, I don't get it."

"Hence the reason you're not ready."

i saw vanya shake her head at him.

" I'm not afraid."

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore."

five then ran out of the room. 

"Number Five! You haven't been excused! Come back here!"

*present day

i woke up and looked around. i just remembered i slept in bens room. i sat up and looked around one last time before heading off to my destroyed room. i grabbed my bag off teh floor and grabbed an outfit. 

"morning miss y/n" pogo said as i walked downstairs.

"morning pogo"

"howd you sleep"

"alright how about you"

"i slept alright to thanks for asking"

"im going for a wa-" thats when i heard klaus talking. "when did he get back"

"late"

"high?"

"on the end of it"

"let see what hes up to then.

ben pov

i heard steps coming towards the room me and Klaus where in and decided not to warm him. that's when i saw her. she rolled her eyes and scoffed at Klaus shenanigans. she walked behind him and snatched the lighter from him.

"id rather not second hand smoke right now" she said as she walked towards teh bar i was leaning on

"jesus christ y/n" he jumped. then he looked at pogo who had a much more serious face than y/n who took the lighter and started playing with it in her hands. she looked around for a second before she watched klaus get talked to by pogo. she leaned on the bar next to me. 

"i have a query for you" pogo said

"oh?"

"Items from your father's office have gone missing.In particular, an ornate box with pearl inlay."

"Really. You don't say"

"Any idea where it went"

"No idea" he sighed. "Sorry"

"Liar" I mumbled. "Drop dead low blow"

"Shut up!" Klaus yelled at me.

Y/n looked shocked

"Excuse me" pogo asked

"Pogo I didn't mean you. I just I you know there's been dealing with. Just a lot of memories coming up. All those good times. Well not so much good as Really awful. Terrible depressing times"

"The contents of that box are priceless. We're they to find their way back tor the office whosoever took it would be absolved of any a blamed or consequences."

"Oh well that lucky bastard"

"Indeed" Pogo then walked away. I saw y/n smirk before snapping her fingers. Klaus seemed to pause. She walked over to him and found the box in his jacket. She then walked over to Pogo. She grabbed a piece of paper tape and a pen. I walked over

"Found it in his jacket he'll probably get it back someway" she taped it on the note and placed it in Pogo hand. She then walked back over to the bar and snapped her fingers and Klaus started moving again.

"So Klaus..." She started. "Who's the ghost" she said with a small smile.

"W-what do you mean." Klaus asked.

"You don't ever yell shut up when Pogos around. It has to be someone yelling at you for stealing the box"

"I didn't steal the box"

"Yeah you did I just gave it back to Pogo. Check your jacket"

He scrambled around his jacket and couldn't find it

"Now I'll tell you how I did that if you tell me who the ghost is"

"No"

"Why not"

"Because"

"You suck Klaus"

"My dear little sister I infact do not"

"Well I'm making breakfast. Would you like something"

"Say yes Klaus" I said. He shot a glare at me before looking back at her.

"My ghost friend here if I should even call him my friend says I should join you"

"Well it sounds like he knows what he's talking about"

"Eh sometimes"

"What else does he tell you that you don't like to hear"

"Stop the drugs" he muttered.

"Well hes correct. You should listen to him more."

I smiled slightly and followed them onto the kitchen.

"So my turn to ask you questions" Klaus said sitting on the counter. "The Luther thing yesterday. Whyd you freak out. About the umbrella thing"

She took a breath

"Luther's just fucking annoying." She muttered. Klaus nodded in agreement

"That still doesn't answer my question"

"Well I took bens not mine" she said while messing with the stove.

"Haven't you done that before?"

"Yeah. Luther saw me grab it and was like "well isn't this a familiar scene" and then we got in a fight. Afterwards I had to help him with his stupid cut from diego"

"Well I should make drinks to celebrate you putting luther in his place. What should I make you" klaus said walking over to the bar.

"I can't klaus"

"Can't what"

"Drink"

"Why. Are you pregnant"

"What! No no! I don't need to relapse on my drinking problems again."

"You... had a drinking problem"

"Yeah"

"Never would've thought"

"Yeah I wouldn't either"

_________

Y/n pov

I heard vanya and five talking in his room. As she walked out five dragged me in.

"That's so...touching, all the stuff about family and dad and stuff. Wow" klaus said walking out of a small cabinet in fives room. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall.

"Will you shut up. She'll here you" five snapped.

"I'm moist"

Me and five gave him confused looks as we looked at his outfit.

"I thought i told you to put on something professional" five said looking over klaus outfit. He looked back at me and nodded at my semi professional outfit.

"What? This is my nicest outfit" klaus responded.

"Well raid the old man's closet"

"As long as I get paid"

"When the job is done"

We walked into the hallway and klaus started talking again.

"Ok but just so we're clear on the finer details, we just got to go into this place and pretend to be your dear old parents, correct" klaus said.

"Yeah something like that" five responded

"What's our cover story"

"What" I asked as we stopped in the hallway.

"What are you talking about" five said turning around to Klaus.

"I mean was I really young when I had you. Like 16. Like young and terribly misguided."

"sure"

"me and y/n met at the disco. oh my god the sex was amazing"

"Klaus! ew no" i shouted. Klaus then looked next to him.

"jealous much" he muttered

"who's he talking to" five asked

"a ghost. he wont tell me who" i said

"what a disturbing glimps into that thing you call a brain" five muttered as we contiuned walking down the hall

"dont make me put you in time out" klaus warned. me and five rolled our eyes. 

i grabbed my keys and walked out to the car. i sat in the drivers seat and klaus went to sit in the passanger seat. 

"no no no. your in the back" i said

"what!"

"yep move" 

klaus sighed and moved into the back. five sat in they passanger seat. 

"tell me where im going" i said. five nodded and told me where to go.

"no shes rude...your dead so you dont really experiace her annoyoingness...yeah yeah you follow me around everywhere and whos fault is that...shit your right" klaus was mumbling to himself.

"klaus can you be quite for a couple minuets" five snapped turning around.

"fine" 

-----------------

"right here" five said as he pointed to the building infront of us. i pulled over to the sidewalk and stepped out of the car. 

"god this is stupid" i muttered before grabbing my bag. we followed five into the building and to the counter. klaus asked about what the guy at the counter said to five. 

"] Like I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you." the doctor said. 

"Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name." five replide through gritted teeth. i pulled five back a bit trying to tell him to calm down. he sighed and stood up staright again.

"Well, that's not my problem. Sorry." the doctor replied with a smirk "Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so"

"And what about my consent?" Klaus asked. me and five looked at each other confused. 

"excuse me"

"] Who gave you permission" klaus then started to fake cry "to lay your hands on our son"

"what?" the doctor and five asked.

"you heard me"

"i didnt touch your son"

"Oh, really? Well, then how did he get that swollen lip, then?" klaus snapped back

"he doesnt have a swollen-" the docotr said as klaus punch five in the face.

"how did my wife get a cut on her cheek"

"shit" i mumbled. klaus grabbed the name tag and sliced my cheek leaving blood dripping down my face. 

"i want it. name please" klaus then said looking at the doctor. "now"

"your crazy" the doctor said with his voice shaky

klaus chuckled. "youve got no idea..." he looked around the desk "peace on earth... thats so sweet" klaus said as he picked up a snowglobe. he then smashed it on his head. "god that hurt"

"im calling secur-" klaus then took the phone from him. "what are you doing"

"theres been an assault in mr bigs office and we need security now" klaus basically begged into the phone before slamming back down.

"now heres what sgoing to happen grant"

"its lance"

"in about 60 seconds two securtiy gaurds are gonna burst through that door and theyre going to see a whole lot of blood and there gonna wonder 'what the hell happend' and were going to tell them that you" he started to fake cry again."beat the shit out of us." he sobbed dramatically. "your gonna do great in prison grant. trust me ive been there. little peice of chicken like you. oh my god youre gonna get passed around like a. youre just youre goinna do great thats all im saying"

"jesus your a real sick bastard"

"thank you" he said as he spat out a piece of glass

the doctor then started to search the system. 

"oh thats strange" he mumbled. 

"what" i asked

"uh the eye. it hasnt been purchased by a clinet yet. 

"what" i let out a dry chuckle. "what do you mean"

"well us our logs sat that the eyue with that serail number this cant be right. it hasnt even been manufactured yet. where did you get that eye?" the doctor said looking at five.

"well shit" five muttered. 

"follow me. quickly" i muttered to klaus and five. i ran down the hall to a big window. i touched teh glass. "trust me alright. jump" i said. they nodded. i ran through the glass and jumped first. i landed and the ground cracked a bit under me. five came next. i slowed him down with my powers and did teh same with klaus. 

we walked over to the entrance of the building. i sat on the small step while five paces back and forth

"well  this is not good" five said holding teh eye in his hamd

"i was pretty good though right" klause said as i put my hand where he cut my face. it went from right near my ear to a little before my lips. "Yeah. What about my consent, bitch?" he chuckled.

"Klaus, it doesn't matter." five said looking back at him again

"what? what? whats teh big deal with this eye anyways?"

"there is someone out there whos going to lose an eye in teh next seven days. theyre going to bring about the end of life on this earth as we know it."

"yeah, can i get my twenty buck like now or what"

"your twenty bucks" i muttered

"yeah my twently bucks"

"five just told you the apocolips is coming asnd all you can think about is getting high" i asked.

"well im also quitye hungry. tummys a rumbling"

i scoffed. 

"your useless" five muttered.he then walked over to me and sat down next to me. 

"Oh, come on.You need to lighten up, old man. Hey, you know, I've just now realized why you're so uptight.You must be horny as hell!" klaus laughed. he then sat next to five " All those years by yourself.It's gotta screw with your head, being alone."

"well i wasnt alone"

"oh? pray tell"

"her name was delors. we were together for over 30 years"

"thirty years? oh wow!" klaus chuckled "the longest ibe been with someone was i dont know three weeks. and that sonly because i was only tired of looking for a place" five then jumped away and left me and klaus on teh steps " to sleep he did make fantastic osso buco though. how about you y/n. longest realtionship"

"lets say way way less that you" i mumbled

"no no i need a number"

"two days" i mumbled

"oh shit"

"mhmm"

he then looked to the other side of him. 

"five! Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, what about my money?" klaus shouted as we saw him in a taxi.

"nice going klaus" i muttered before walking away

i made it back to the house when it was getting dark out. i didnt bother going into teh kitchen to grab anything i just went up to bens room. i sat on his bed and looked around. 

"this is stupid" i muttered. "everythings gone to shit ben. allison still wont talk to me but whats new there. lurther well hes luther alright. still an asshole. diegos...better. he apologized for the shit he did to me. vanyas still quiet and klaus well id imagne you know how klaus is. still high. all the dam time." i sighed. "im i guess still me. quieter for sure. apperantly stronger." i looked at a piture of us in his table. "i just have always wondered what wouldve happened between us if you didnt die. if i couldve saved you. my room probaly wouldnt be destroyed for sure" i chuckled. "you probaly cant hear any pf my bs right now but i miss you. i miss you so fucking much" i felt a small tear go down my face. i wiped it quickly out of habit. i then heard a knock at the door. allison and pogo where at the door. 

"hello miss y/n" pogo said.

"hi pogo"

"im showing allison something and i was hopeing youd join us"

"ok" i said standing up

"uh pogo we'll be there in a second. i want to talk to her" allison said. pogo nodded and walked down the hall a bit.

"what happened" she said pointing to my cheek 

"weird shit with klaus and five" i said. she nodded. she walked around bens room.

"so bens room. weird seeing it unlocked" allison said.

"yeah"

"did you know why it was locked"

"well yeah. i locked it"

"really? i wouldve exprected you to want it unlocked."

"i couldnt handle walking by it each day and not seeing him in there"

she looked at me before pulling me into a hug.

"i know i was a terrible sister to you but i want you to know im truly sorry. i shoudnt have done the things i did to you."

"thanks allison" i said as i hugged her back.

"well we should get back to pogo"

"yep" 

she walked out of the room and i stayed for a second. 

"weird" i mumbled before following her down the hall

------

"Your father stopped recording years ago.
But I still come here from time to time.
When I'm missing you kids." pogo said leading us into a room with a bunch of tvs. 

 Pogo, this is"allison sighed" Most families have home movies to look back on.
We have surveillance footage." she chuckled

"I hoped it might cheer you up."

" It does."

"oh my god look how little we were" she mumbled. i had my eyes focasing on one tv though.

she was looking at a video of her and luther in the dinning room. them looked at anouther with her and ben. 

"i miss him so much" she said. pogo put his hand on my shoulder as he saw the one i was looking at.i couldnt hear what pogo was saying but he soon left. allsion grabbed a chai and sat next to me.

"which one are you looking at" she asked. i pointed to one of the screens

 it was me and ben hanging out in his room a few days before he died. i was siting on his windowsill with my legs close to my chest. and he came over and sat near my legs. he grabbed my hands from off my knees and i looked at me and met my eyes. he gave me a soft smile before standing back up and pulling me up with him. he then let go of my hands and wrapped his arms around my waist. mine wrapped around his neck. there was music playing from across the street. he started dancing with me. i head my head on his chest. after what looked like five minuets he stopped. he brought his hands to my cheeks and pulled me into a kiss. 

i smiled slightly as i watched and felt a small tear rolling down my cheek. allison then put her arm around my shoulders and pulled me into a side hug.

"i cant belive i never noticed you two." she mumbled

"i can. your were so obsesed with luther" i chuckled.

"not fair"

"its fair"

 she then noticed anouther tape. she got up and grabbed it. it had no lable on it. we both looked at each other confused. she put it in one of the other tvs and pressed paly. we both watched in silence.

"oh god" we both muttered as we watched. 

"dad" i mumbled as we looked at each other.

we jumped up from our seats. 

"we need to show someone" i said 

"i bet lurthers the closest and would be somehwhat right about this. lets find him"

"alright. you think hes here"

"yeah"

"alright uh yelled for me if you find him."

"got it"

we split up and started looking throuhg the house. 

"y/n!" allison yelled. i teleported over

we saw lurther walking down the hallway.

we ran down teh hallway to get him.

"there you are weve been looking everywhere for you" allison said as we got closer to luther

"what are you still doing here i thought you were gone" he said looking at allison

"no i was gonna go and then pogo showed me and y/n this-"

"well listen" luther started "i was wrong about dads death"

"what?" me and allison said]

"yeah i was wrong about deigo" then he looked at me "you" then he sighed. "you know to accuse my own sibligs of that is just-"

"no, i -i know, i get it" allison tried to contiue

"see all of you and beion back here...i should be the one whos trying to bring us back together not tear us apart"

"would you shut up" i said

"what" he asked looking at me then back at allison

"you were right...about dad. come on we gotta show you something" alison said. we started walking back to the room with luther following us.

"five" i asked as he came up the stairs while we were passing them. "what the hell happend to you"

"are you ok? can we help" luther asked putting his hand out. five grabbed his hand and moved it away from him.

"theres nothing you can do" five said through gritted teeth. theres nothing any of you can do"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 977 21
PART 2 OF A SERIES! Who knew saving the world would be this hard. Again. "On April 1rst, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Bill...
328 12 5
Can one fix anothers heart after they broke it and left it in pieces for years? A fucked up love story. Will Number Five and Number Eight finally g...
22.6K 893 25
Charlotte Cafferty, finally done with a decades long hiatus, has accidentally settled in the very middle of a crisis. Though she's not exactly a stra...
124K 2.7K 24
[𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝟷] "Laney!" Five gave a weary shout. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't think-" "Exactly! You didn't think!" Elaina snapped...