The Woodblock Chronicles (Blo...

By f1zz3dch3rrys0d4

A series of loosely related stories about the pairing I've been thinking about for a while now , Woodblock... More

Welcome ! (A/N)
Blocky's Funny Doings International
History and History Books
3:07 AM
Mind Your Own Business
Stuck Between Yesterday and Tomorrow
Signed , Hawaii
It's Cold
The Starting Point
Monochromatic Daze

Yeah, This is Nice .

340 8 8
By f1zz3dch3rrys0d4

(A/N : the promised comfort !!! not much 2 say here since i already said what i wanted 2 in the chapter before but i hope you like <33 bye bye !!!)

Underwhelming .

It was all so underwhelming .

Woody had woken up with a jolt and sharp gasp , forcing himself upright against his bed . Tears were already streaming down his face , given by how his hands had already flew up to his cheeks . His bandaged hands eventually came back down to the blanket , gripping it tight .

Another nightmare .

His fists tighten as he thinks back to it , the memories almost painfully persisting in his mind . He shakes his head , trying to rid himself of them .

It doesn't work .

His bandaged hands tighten a bit more around the blankets as he looks around the dark room , glancing at the little light the crack of the door had let in , and then to Blocky's clock .

4 AM .

Why wasnt there something more ?

Everything felt out of place in the moment , wrong as if everything were placed 2 inches to the left . Nothing was right . It felt like there should have been more , more impact , more tears , more something .

Woody grabs at his hair , pulling it harshly . His head pounded , yet what could he do ? Blocky was next to him , and he was sleeping , and it was the middle of the night he couldn't just go and leave or get something to ground himself or -

"Blocky ..?"

He's already murmuring out the name before he can realize (a stupid mistake , really . Blocky was probably already sleeping soundly , Woody was just interrupting it , god , he was really just a burden , he should just stop and go back to bed and force himself to suck it up and -)

Shuffling back into place , Woody turns and faces Blocky's back . In a soft tone , he calls again, despite it being broken by his raw throat from crying . "Block (He fumbles on the words , trying to force them together into a cohesive sentence) - Blocky ? Are you awake ?.."

Woody watches as Blocky moves around , before flipping over and looking at Woody . He was teary eyed as well , tears streaming down his face despite the (what would have been convincing , if not for tears) smile on his face . "Yeah .. ?" Blocky asked , voice cracking under the salty water spilling from his eyes .

"I .." Woody hesitates , despite this already being a common occurrence . "I had another nightmare ."

Blocky chuckles , wiping away his tears and moving to wipe away Woody's as well . "You and both ." He sinks back into the sheets a bit more , his smile slowly watering down into a slight frown , biting his tongue and averting his gaze .

Silence fills the few inches between them (and really , Woody finds it would be the worst time to admire Blocky's green eyes , and yet he finds himself doing it anyways .)

And finally , Woody mustered the courage to force out the dealmaker message .

".... Are you okay ?" Woody asked .

... It was hypocritical , sure , but Woody had been surely dealing with nightmares longer (he started having them prominently at 10 , if he remembered correctly . ' 3 years before BFDI started ' , he noted .)

Blocky glances up to him , before chuckling . "Well , I could ask the same to you ." It's toned with the same jokeish - snarky tone Blocky would use whenever messing around , though it was notably dulled . It felt much more muted , and neither Blocky or Woody could tell if it was from the sleepiness , the nightmares the both had experienced minutes prior , or something else entirely (Woody consciously decided to choose the first .)

Woody snorts something akin to a giggle , maybe a laugh . "Touche ."

Blocky smiles warmly before looking away , his gentle expression more devolving into a neutral one as he stared down at his hands , keeping his gaze away from Woody .

For a bit , they stay quiet again . It wasn't awkward or anything , just .... Silence .

Woody's mind drifts back to his nightmare , and he fights the urge to grimace . He didn't remember much , all the memories of it being forced into the void of his brain and promptly forgetting it . He just ... Remembered being submerged in water . And trying to find shore but he couldn't and the waves kept on getting more and more violent and -

"Woody ."

The person in question breath's hitches in his throat as he looks up to Blocky . His tone was firm , though it didn't seem on purpose , as Blocky made an effort to soften his tone .

"Err - Woody , " Blocky sucks in a breath through his teeth . "Can we - um -" He stops , glancing away .

"Augh - This just -" Blocky clenches his fists , a troubled expression on his face . "It feels stupid to say , I just .." He huffs and rolls onto his other side , promptly facing the wall . ".. Nevermind . It's nothing . G'night ."

Woody stares at Blocky from the back of his head (and he's sure that the red haired can feel it , it was like he had eyes underneath that messy , unkept bright red) . He contemplates something , before just thinking to himself " Screw It . "

He shuffles towards Blocky and wrapped an arm around his waist , bringing the shorter a little closer and hugging him gently . (His face heats up , " It's just the extra body warmth , " even though it definitely wasn't .)

Blocky stops , physically stopping , his breathing hitching for a minute and tensing . Just for a second , he thinks that he may have possibly died . Died from embarrassment .

His face heats up a little as his shoulders go stiff , but that doesn't stop him from rolling over onto his side to face Woody , reaching out an arm to hug back .

And then they both sit there , arms tangled together and simply just laying there . They would both be lying if it wasn't a little uncomfortable , so Woody decided to do something . He shifted , pressing his head against Blocky's chest .

Quickly realizing how he could hear the other's heartbeat (and ignoring how it almost felt soothing , trying to lull him into the sleep they both desperately needed) , Woody realized just how intimate all this was . Sleeping in the same bed , going places together , hell - even cuddling together . It all felt so romantic , and he couldn't tell if Blocky felt the same too .

Getting startled out of his thoughts , he feels Blocky push him a little bit , shifting to lay on his back and face the ceiling , before gently bringing Woody to his chest and laying his head there . Woody quickly adjusts , bringing his head a little more up and wrapping his arms around Blocky's waist to hug him , and he doesn't know if the blush on Blocky's face was just the dim lighting or not .

Woody closes his eyes as he listens to Blocky's heartbeat , his breathing slow and even , nightmare from earlier long gone by now . Blocky brings his right arm to lay gently over Woody's on his waist , while his other ran it's fingers through his brown hair .

One last thought strikes them both as they lay there , giving into the embrace of sleep .

" Yeah , this is really nice . "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 836 26
Hello! This is my first book so there will probably be some Errors but i'll try my best to fix it. Also English is not my native language so pardon m...
17.9K 237 42
There are a little bloody scenes. Mature readers who can handle a little blood can read. Some fireafy fun, hope you guys enjoy this! I hope I'm in fo...
66.9K 1K 8
[READER] ... "𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙡-𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙢𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩...
6.5K 73 12
KEEP IN MIND THAT I SHIP THE C! AND NOT THE CC! OG oneshot by @Afternoonvibes_ A Lifesteal SMP Fic!!!! yay :D Except I forgot everything after around...