nebula :: [malik]

Galing kay charismatize

"Zayn, the stars don't come out in a city that never sleeps." In which two people must help each other pass... Higit pa

nebula
[ p. :: nebula ]
[ i :: dark ]
[ ii :: alphabet ]
[ iii :: unlucky ]
[ iv :: portrait ]
[ v :: likes ]
[ vi :: lab ]
[ vii :: coffee ]
[ viii :: gazing ]
[ ix :: napkin ]
[ x :: party ]
[ xi :: drinking ]
[ xii :: sidekick ]
[ xiii :: constellations ]
[ xiv :: dating ]
[ xv :: bowling ]
[ xvi :: sunday ]
[ xvii :: sucking ]
[ xviii :: drinks ]
[ xix :: snapchat ]
[ xx :: third wheel ]
[ xxi :: single ]
[ xxii :: photography ]
[ xxiii :: friendship ]
[ xxiv :: bad boys ]
[ xxvi :: weather ]
[ xxvii :: extra credit ]
[ xxviii :: games ]
[ xxix :: honesty ]
[ xxx :: ¡failure! ]
[ xxxi :: birthdays ]
[ xxxii :: his ]
[ xxxiii :: parenthood ]
[ xxxiv :: sunday (pt.2) ]
[ xxxv :: monday funday ]
[ xxxvi :: myths ]
[ xxxvii :: tequila ]
[ xxxviii :: seeing/believing ]
[ xxxix :: bitches (pt. 1) ]
[ xl :: bitches (pt. 2) ]
[ xli :: transition ]
[ xlii :: cold ]
[ xliii :: peanut gallery ]
[ xliv :: confrontation ]
[ xlv :: cheers ]
[ xlvi :: scone ]
[ xlvii :: almost ]
[ xlviii :: keys ]
[ xliv :: escape ]
[ xlv :: soeur ]
[ xlvi :: bubbly ]
[ xlvii :: nebula ]
[ xlviii :: hungry ]
[ xlix :: pillow talk ]
[ l :: bowling ]
[ epilogue :: sunday (pt. 3) ]
[ epilogue (2.) :: full house ]

[ xxv :: matchmaker ]

3.3K 230 44
Galing kay charismatize

You wanna teach but not be taught

And I wanna sell but not be bought

So let us not be lonesome

Lost in between our needs and wants

Our needs and wants.

- "The Ghosts of Beverly Drive" || Death Cab for Cutie

__________

"Think you might want to get set up?"

"Um, unlike you, I'm actually enjoying being single. Thanks."

"Aw, please, Cara? I met this cute guy last night and I think - "

"That just because you're all loved up on Zayn I want someone, too? Yep," she snorted. "Figured."

"Cara, c'mon! Please? His name's Zach..."

"What happened to all of us being single?"

Anais groans into her phone. "You're no fun," she replies, as she makes her way up the stairs to Zayn's apartment.

"I'm tons of fun," Cara replies smugly. "I'm so fun that no one can handle just how much fun I am. I'm too fun and too amazing to be tied down, and that's why I say 'No thanks,' to the boy."

"That's a bunch of BS and you know it," replies Anais as she knocks loudly on the door. "So, no thank you for ruining what could be a great thing."

Cara laughs groggily. She's obviously been woken up by this phone call considering that it's 9:30 on a Saturday morning. "Where are you, anyway? Can I come over? Are we doing breakfast?"

"Sorry," Anais sings. "I'm at - "

"Zayn's," comes the reply as the door is thrown open.

"Yep," Anais grins, popping her 'p' as Niall's tousled hair, sweats and tee come into view. "I'm there now," she says. "Hi, Niall!"

Cara laughs. "Of course you are."

"S'too early," Niall groans, stepping out of the doorway.

"Never," Ana smiles, entering the apartment and placing a quick kiss on his cheek. "Imagine how much you'll get done."

"Tell Niall I said 'Hey, mate.'"

Anais pulls her phone from her lips. "Cara says 'Hey.'"

"No, I said 'Hey, mate.' Say what I said, Anais!"

"Shut up, Cara."

"Tell 'er I said hey," he chuckles groggily. "And m'going back t' bed."

"Good night," Anais giggles, hugging his warm body. "Zayn's...?"

"In 'is room," he yawns. "Where else?"

"Right. Of course," Anais replies as she follows Niall down the hallway. "Cara, I'll call you later, okay?"

Niall leans towards the phone. "Bye, Cara!"

"Bye, Ni!" Cara exclaims as if she's talking to him. "Have fun with your man, Ana. Call me later, yeah?"

"Duh," and she makes kissy noises in the receiver. "See ya, babe."

"Bye, doll."

"He's in there," Niall says softly, motioning towards the closed door opposite his. "Think he's sleeping, still."

"Wouldn't put it past him," murmurs Anais.

Niall laughs. "Probably," and he heads into his own room. "See you, Ana."

"Sleep tight, Niall," she whispers, grinning as Niall laughs again and she slips silently into the darkened room.

At once, Anais realizes that despite the countless times she's been to the boys' house, she's never actually been inside Zayn's bedroom.

It's a perfect mix of organization and mess - the floors are all clean, but the dresser is crowded with cologne and stray clothes and photographs and a box of cigarettes. There are a few pictures of friends and family on a desk beside open pencils and a box of paints and sketch books. Anais doesn't miss that the closet is half open, there are a few spray cans in the corner and a towel is hanging on the back of what Anais assumes is the bathroom. The comforters and sheets are white and grey and simple and as are the pillows, which is surprising and not at the same time considering the bright pop of color adorning the ceiling and random parts of the walls.

But, it's not just the room that's got Anais staring. It's the boy fast asleep in the bed.

His arm's resting behind his head, covers pulled up to his chest to reveal the sweatshirt he'd fallen asleep in. Shoulders rising and falling in sleep, Anais almost feels as if she's intruding on his privacy. His unshaven jaw lax, eyelashes casting dark shadows across his cheeks, hair tousled from movement, Ana almost wants to take a picture to save this memory forever. His sleeves are pulled up to his wrists, so only the tattoos on his hand are visible and Anais can't help but stare.

It's weird, because he looks both sexy and adorable, asleep in bed. So unbothered and perfect; so effortlessly attractive it's amazing.

It's really, really amazing.

And Anais hesitates for only a moment before she kicks off her Uggs and coat and scarf and peels back the covers and slides into the empty space beside him. At first, she's unsure. That's definitely something only a 'girlfriend' would do, and Anais is not Zayn's girlfriend, but he looks so warm and cozy and desirable and perfect that she takes this chance and cuddles beside him and holds her breath as he stirs, rolling over on his side so that his face is only inches from hers as he slowly lays his arm on the pillows above her head and blinks those lidded eyes slowly; so slowly as his eyebrows pull down and his lips poke slightly as he realizes that Anais is now in his bed, curled up beside him.

She grins at his expression.

"Hi," she whispers.

"Ana?"

His voice is deep and groggy and Anais thinks this sleepy voice of his with her name on his tongue is probably the best thing she could possibly hear in the mornings.

He's half-awake, which is made perfectly apparent by the way the free hand above her head is fingering her curls.

"Hey," she says softly. "I just stopped by and, well, Niall let me in."

He pauses. "What time s'it?"

"Like, not even ten, yet."

"Fuck," he groans, rubbing his hand across his face. "Shit, it's early," and he frowns as she laughs quietly. "What're you doing up?"

"Most people wake up before noon, just so you know," she teases, and he laughs deeply, eyes closed.

"Go back to sleep," she says, pushing herself up. "I just came by to hang out. It's really nothing. I can come back-"

"No," he whines, reaching around her with the hand not in her hair. "Stay."

Anais opens her mouth to protest, but Zayn's eyes are closing slowly and Anais loves how warm he is.

"Okay," she whispers back, and as she slides against him, she misses the way he smiles. She does not miss, however, the feel of his lips against her forehead.

"Good night, Zayn," she whispers, inhaling the smell of him.

He grins, playing lazily in her hair and gripping her waist tightly.

"Good morning, Anais."

_____

Hours later, Anais wakes up in Zayn's arms, her body tucked in the pocket of warmth beneath the blankets and against his body.

At at the sight of her opened eyes, he grins. "Well, look who's finally awake?"

She rubs her eyes. "Very funny."

"Sleepy?" He smirks.

"Ha," she replies groggily. "It's so dark in here it's like, permanently night," she yawns. "I'm in a time warp. Now I see why you sleep forever."

He laughs. "Shut up."

"You know it's the truth."

Actually, it's dark because the curtains are drawn and the sun is hiding behind a thick layer of clouds; the snow accumulating thickly outside. Zayn shakes his head, though, because Anais is in his bed.

"What?" She asks, her voice sleepy, head against his chest. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're funny," he replies simply. He's been awake for a while, as Anais' phone started buzzing in her pocket and somehow, he was the only one who'd been bothered by the sound.

But he wasn't complaining. It was about time for him to get up anyway, considering that he still had some homework to do for Monday, except he'd found himself unable to move from bed because Anais' head was on his arm, her curly hair tickling his cheek and resting on his pillow. Her mouth parted slightly, breath warm against his face. She was nice and small and warm and peaceful and something in him was telling him to stay right where he was to keep her right next to him as she stayed asleep.

"You're phone's been going off," he says.

And she frowns. "Really?"

He hums, watching her fish her phone from her jeans.

Ok please set me up as of yesterday

I fell asleep on my couch last night with chocolate sauce and pop tarts

I woke up and I was sticky ok

It was sooooo gross

I've never been so embarrassed for me before no lie

DON'T TELL CARA

She'll never let me live it down

Zayn chuckles softly. He's reading the texts that are streaming in from Chanel over Anais' shoulder. She's still laying across him, her head in the crook of his shoulder, legs thrown over his as they lounge across his bed.

Can someone die from loneliness?

WHICH FRIEND OF ZAYNS IS EQUALLY HOT IF NOT HOTTER?

IS THAT EVVN POSSIBLE???

Zayn lifts Anais' phone from her fingers.

He holds it in front of her face.

"Can I?"

She shrugs. "Be my guest."

So, he types.

Why don't you pick?

A friend, I mean

This is Zayn btw :) x

"Hey," pouts Anais, watching as he sends the messages. "I thought I was the only girl you sent kisses and smiley faces to."

Zayn lifts a brow. "Thought you didn't like my kisses, you know."

"I secretly love them. Don't tell Zayn I said that, though."

"You're weird."

"I think I've come to accept that."

Zayn shakes his head, turning from her, typing.

Ana's selfish so she wants me to take these back this :) x

Sorry love

She laughs aloud, punching his shoulder. "Shut up, Zayn."

LMAO

YOU POOR BBY

TELL ANA I WANT MY OWN KISSES NOT YOURS

He lifts his eyes from her screen.

"Chanel wants her own kisses, apparently."

"So..." Anais pauses, "who should we set her up with, then?"

Zayn laughs. "You're serious?"

"About what?"

"You're really going to set her up? Ana, I was serious: that rarely works, love. You don't want your friends to blame you if things don't work out."

"What!? Zayn, please know that one of my favorite pastimes is playing Cupid. Besides," she tucks the curly hair of hers behind her ear, "my pairs always work."

Zayn's expression screams unconvinced.

"Just because Jesse and Magdalena were flirting doesn't mean they work."

"Come on," she continues. "This is Chanel. She just went through a bad break-up and, well," she shrugs, "the least I can do is give her a distraction."

And that's when she has an idea.

She sits up, leaning on his chest. "What about Niall?"

"What?"

"Niall! C'mon, Zayn. He's cute and fun and athletic and Chanel is totally into that!"

He sighs. "Anais...I don't know, love. What happened to Zach and Cara? Can't you like, focus on them first, or something?"

"But," she pouts, not wanting to tell him that Cara hasn't exactly been so willing to be a part of the relationship she's already deemed 'Zara' in her mind. "But, why can't I help Niall?"

Zayn decidedly doesn't answer. He'd really just rather stay out of his friend's love lives, even though the little pout upon Anais' face is making him reconsider.

"Want breakfast?" He asks at once.

"Hey!" She exclaims. "Way to not answer my question."

"I did," he replies, pushing himself up so that he could sit on the edge of his bed. "I answered you with a question of my own."

"Ha ha," she replies, eyes narrowed as he laughs softly. "Not funny."

She's pouting again, so Zayn leans in for a quick kiss. "I am, so don't be mad."

"Way to steal that kiss without my consent."

He laughs again because she's still pouting, so he kisses her again, this time, grabbing the back of her head with his hand, his fingers intertwined in her hair. If he was going to steal a kiss, damn it, he was going to take a good one, and Anais leans forwards, her body against him. He's warm still, from being beneath his covers and his lips are soft and he smells good; like a mix of shampoo and clean clothes because it's still morning and he hasn't yet had anything to smoke.

Zayn grins against her, "Want breakfast?" He asks, nipping lightly at her bottom lip.

She doesn't respond, reattaching her lips to his. She lifts her arms and drapes them over his shoulders and maneuvers herself closer, so she can ease one of her legs across his lap.

"Yes," she breathes, kissing him again, lightly. "But, I didn't think you were one who could cook..."

He smirks, kissing her jaw and her chin and the corner of her lips. "That's why I ask Niall."

She grins. "Chanel's boyfriend, you mean?"

Zayn sighs, and she laughs harder as his breath fans across her neck. "You won't let up on that, will you?"

"Never," she replies, jumping from his bed before he can kiss her again. "Now c'mon, Cupid. I'm like, starved."

-~*~-

Anais the matchmaker?

Maybe not.

CRYING REAL TEARS BECAUSE I JUST SAW THIS WAS RANKED #329 IN FANFICTION WHATTTTT?????/

I AM SO HAPPY WOW.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH I LOVE YOU AND YOUR COMMENTS AND THE FACT THAT YOU ENJOY READING THE WORDS I WRITE.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

25.9K 645 18
"dont let your dreams just dream." ALL RIGHTS RESERVED @ 2013 a whynotnialler fanfiction my writing does get better through the story, hang in there...
153K 2.4K 26
Bringing the one and only Zayn Malik, right next to you. Enjoy ;)
970 33 34
What happens when you fall in love with your bestie's brother? Will your life turn out to be perfect or else you'll be walking in a living hell? Sar...
81.6K 2.9K 24
DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was very young so read at your own risk • "I'll never understand why you want plastic girls that dont have anything t...