Infirmitas

بواسطة YrisYsabella

The underground world of mafias was shaken when merciless, cunning Jin ascended as the leader of their organi... المزيد

Characters
Chapter 1: The Grim Reaper and The Pale Man
Chapter 2: A Siren and a snake
Chapter 3: Tiger Flower and his leverage
Chapter 4: The Gentlemen of Hope
Chapter 5: My Saving Grace
Chapter 6: A Fallen Angel
Chapter 7: A Guilty Pleasure
Chapter 8: A Fatal Attraction
Chapter 9: Mayday
Chapter 10: Reign of Terror
Chapter 11: An Interrogation
Chapter 12: Lifeline
Chapter 13: A Whirlwind Romance
Chapter 14: My Guardian Angel
Chapter 15: Achilles' Heel
Chapter 16: A Chink in the Armor
Chapter 17: Collateral Damage
Chapter 18: A Change of Heart
Chapter 19: Tried and True
Chapter 20: Ghosted
Chapter 21: Elpis
Chapter 22: The Truth Untold
Chapter 23: A Lull before the Storm
Chapter 24: Treachery
Chapter 25: Goodbye, My Love
Chapter 26: Dead Man Walking
Chapter 28: Changed
Chapter 29: Forgiven and Forgotten
Chapter 30: Lost and Found
Epilogue: Amor Vincit Omnia

Chapter 27: Annihilation

25 2 0
بواسطة YrisYsabella

Hobi's POV

I thinly spread butter on the toast as I watched the television. The news was on. Bodies were being excavated from an underground den after an explosion. The whole country was shook. Because nobody had an inkling that something as big as that gang was nesting beneath a marketplace. And it was just the start. Bodies turn up everywhere in and out of the city. Curfews were strictly implemented. The citizens are on edge. They've never experienced crimes as brutal as these.

Well, that's just because the underworld has always been discreet. But after the incident, Jin hyung could not care less. All he wants is to get his hands on the people who were involved in the plan to harm Jungkook, whether directly or indirectly. Even those who got a whiff but did not do anything.

I added a layer of strawberry jam on the toast and topped it off with bacons and eggs. I placed two glasses of iced Americano and the plate of toasts on a tray. I marched towards the room. Jin hyung was on Jungkook's bedside. Yoongi hyung was at the foot of the bed, checking on the records of Jungkook's vital signs.

"I made breakfast."

"Just put it on the table." Yoongi hyung said. "Thank you."

"Jin hyung, I can take over. You should rest."

He didn't respond.

"Or at least, eat."

He has been on his brother's side ever since they came back from the den. Even during his operation. He doesn't sleep and doesn't eat. And only goes out of the room during meetings where he pressures everyone to find and slay Jimin and Taehyung. The men never saw them, nor their bodies, at the den. But Jin hyung swore that he saw both of them. So he knows that they have escaped and are just hiding somewhere.

It has been six days since that day. Jungkook has not woke up. Yoongi hyung said that nobody knows when he will. And there's a possibility that he never will. He was badly injured. A portion of his skull was smashed. He was found on Jin hyung's lap almost dead. Yoongi hyung noticed that he was still breathing albeit very weakly. He operated in his head and implanted a metal plate on his skull.

I hope he awakens soon. The frogs, chickens and insects in the countryside must be missing him and I bet he misses the place too.

"Maybe it will help if he'll be back home. The air is fresh there." I suggested.

"He's not going anywhere." Jin hyung stated coldly.

"I'm sorry."

Yoongi hyung apologetically smiled at me. He walked towards the table to nibble on the toast and drink some coffee.

"I have to get out and buy supplies. Banshee is going to look after Jungkookie while I'm gone."

"I don't like Banshee." Jin hyung countered.

"She's fine. It's just a name."

"I don't like Banshee. Ask someone else."

Yoongi hyung sighed. "I'll send Medusa instead."

Yoongi hyung lightly slapped my back before leaving the room. I paced towards Jungkook's bed and fixed the blanket over him. I stared at his face. He looked serene. There were knocks on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Namjoon."

"Come in."

The door swung open. Namjoon went in. He bowed to Jin hyung but he only responded with a look. Good thing he's already used to him.

"What will you read him today?"

"His favorite." He flashed his bedimpled smile.

He showed me a picture book of the frogs found in a tropical forest.

■■■

Jimin's POV

I scooped a spoonful of porridge and placed it on Taehyung's tightly sealed lips. He harshly turned his head away causing a blob to fall on his chest. I exasperatedly sighed and forcefully took a napkin to wipe him.

"You have to eat. For your wound to heal faster, you have to eat."

My words fell on deaf ears. As what everything I said for the past six days. Taehyung won't do anything except to blankly stare. And kill himself. He attempted to drown himself in the tub three days earlier. So I cuffed his hand to the bed. He tried to escape the bondage for God knows what. So I tied both of his feet.

He's wrathful and miserable. He's wallowing. He's beside himself. The love of his life just died. And he's trying to follow him. Because he can't do anything more. He can't even avenge him. The people who killed him were dead themselves. He can't find any reason to wake up anymore. But I can't let him do it. I can't stand idly by.

I laid the bowl on the bedside table and walked back to the kitchenette. I poured a glass of water and gulped. How long will we be like this? After everything, still in hiding. But it's way worse now. Many have disappeared from the face of the earth. The hunt has been much more vicious. Relentless. Numbers did not only dwindle. They're eradicated. The Grim Reaper has lost his soul. He said he's become an empty husk. Much like Taehyung.

A characteristic knock rapped on the door. I marched and immediately opened it.

"You should peep through the hole first."

"What's the purpose of the coded knock then?"

"Someone might have discovered it."

"Fine. I'll do it next time."

I'm tired.

"Actually, even if you see me outside, you should not open it until I...maybe...scratch my nose? Just to be sure that I am alone."

"Why? You think he already knows that you've been hiding us?"

"Someone will already be blowing up this place the minute he knows. And I'd be dead."

"You think he can do it? Kill you?"

"He's not Jin hyung anymore and he's really dead set on finding Taehyung."

"Then why are you doing this?"

"This is what Jungkook would want me do to."

"You never thought that he might have really betrayed him?"

"He cut his own hand to get to him."

Taehyung fell unconscious after seeing Jungkook dead. The Bangs burst in at that very moment. They shot everyone in the arena. I tried to drag Taehyung out but we were stopped by one of the Grim Reaper's men. Yoongi arrived as he was about to shoot us. He took one look at Taehyung and his dripping arm then hid us while the carnage happened.

He stitched and dressed Taehyung's arm right then and there. It was crude. But he said he has to hurry and Taehyung was losing too much blood already. He gave me his car key and the address to this place before he hurriedly left to find the Grim Reaper. We took the secret passage I discovered to escape the den. Yoongi's hiding us ever since.

"He's not eating. I can't get him to eat. Can you put IV in him again?"

He nodded. "Any more attempts?"

"I tied him to the bed." I replied timidly. "I have no choice."

He heaved a deep breath before going in the room. I tugged his arm.

"I'm sorry. You want me to untie him first?"

"I'll be fine."

He gave me small, tight smile. I stared at his back as he went. I strode back to the table to fix the medical supplies and grocery items he brought. The table buzzed. He left his phone on it. I eyed the screen. Suran was calling him. Medusa is his new girlfriend? This fucker. After what happened to us the last time he was here? I watched the phone ring. She called three times. Persistent, are we? Then a message notification flashed on the screen.

There's a change in Jungkook's vitals. Return immediately.

My eyes widened. He's alive? I slowly paced to the room. Yoongi was dressing Taehyung's wound. Taehyung was staring at the ceiling. I angrily walked back to the kitchen. Yoongi returned. I harshly yanked him to the restroom.

"Jungkook is alive?" I hissed.

He looked at me indifferently. "He is."

"Why the fuck did you not tell me? Why the fuck did you hide it from Taehyung? He is trying to die. Everyday. Because he thought that Jungkook is dead. He is dying."

"He might not wake. Do you really want to see him go through this again all over again? You want to tell him that he's breathing and give him hope? He'll suffer again when Jungkook's body surrenders. And you can't expect him to stay still after knowing that Jungkook is alive somewhere in Earth. He'd want to go there. And we all know who'll meet him there. Jin hyung will kill him once he resurface."

"What if he wakes?"

"Then we tell him that he's alive...and awake."

"What if he dies before he's awake?"

"We'll make sure it won't happen."

"And if he sleeps for a long time?"

"Hope that Taehyung finds a reason to live."

I let out a sigh. Maybe he's right.

"Medusa called. She told you to return immediately."

"Shit. I have to go."

He quickly exited the restroom and took his phone and car key. He rushed out the door. I followed after to double lock and bolt it. Then I heard him knock again. I swung the door open. I got stunned when he unexpectedly kissed my lips. It was a short, gentle kiss.

"I told you to peek first."

He said then walked away just as quickly.

■■■

Yoongi's POV

I flashed the light in Jungkook's left eye. Both of his pupils constricted. His photopupillary reflex is intact.

"If you can hear me, follow the light with your eyes, Jungkook."

He did not respond. But his eyes were blinking and wandering.

"Is something wrong?" Jin hyung nervously asked.

"Ring the bell loudly, Hobi."

Hobi was standing on Jungkook's left side. He rang the bell. Jungkook's eyes darted to him.

"Can he hear us? Can he see us?"

"Not yet. He's awake but still unconscious. He's under post-coma unresponsiveness. Everything he does is still involuntary. Automatic responses. He's reflexes are all intact though. We just have to wait until he regains awareness."

"How long will that be?"

"It depends."

"But he'll be how he is, right? Eventually?"

"We can't say for sure. We have to wait and see."

Jin hyung strode back to Jungkook's bedside and gently brushed his hair.

"Kookie, hyung is here. I'm always here. Beside you. Just call me when you need me."

"Let's leave them first." I suggested.

Namjoon and Hobi smiled and quietly went out. I returned to my room wondering if it is already the right time to tell Jimin that Jungkook was finally awake. Some people stayed in this state for months. Even years. I don't think I should. Yet. Jungkook has to have the faculties to convince Jin hyung and talk him out of killing Taehyung. He's the only one who can.

My phone rang. Jimin was calling.

"Why?"

"Taehyung escaped."

"What?"

"He got out of the cuff and escaped." 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

10.9K 546 56
COMPLETE VERSION + SEQUEL ON AO3 South Korea. More specifically Daegu. The home and base of the most dangerous, mysterious, feared Mafia in the world...
34.6K 1.1K 37
Y/n is a weak girl with a strong mindset. Her life is miserable but she believes that she can pull through anything if she keeps herself together. Ju...
1.4K 197 31
A story between two warring groups. One is the greatest agent group and the other one is the mafia group. Of course in a group there will be the grea...