Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
3. Seedling
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
8. Sweet
9. Warmth
10. Home
11. Read
12. Magus
13. Gulp
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
25. Handsome
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
29. Bow
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian
35. Airplanes

30. Deos

149 16 0
By Siekyou

Deborah's point of view

Three months ago, i faced a crisis that i can't seem to solve. I was frustrated with myself but i need to be strong in front of everyone, or else they'll see a weakness in me, and i wouldn't like that.

It was a stressing and frustrating time, so i decided to unwind with the kids. The children seem to enjoy our outing so it made me feel a little better, but the problem is still at the back of my mind.

Everyone of my children was there, except for the two, Howard and Silver. Howard doesn't really like hanging out with his siblings, especially his half siblings from Douglas' side, besides, he was always with his father wherever he goes.

Silver on the other hand, is nowhere to be seen, i don't know where her secret hideout is, but i'm pretty sure that she's there, so i let her be, she can protect herself so i'm not that worried. I'll just visit her after, when i have the time again.

When Howard came home with his father, i visited his chambers to seek for his opinion, but he's really a boy who was not interested in anything that does not affect him. He's a selfish child, all i can do is sigh in my heart, he got that attitude from his father. Whenever i try to get close with him, his father would do something to drift his son away from my guidance, that's how he became like that. After our unfruitful talk, i didn't feel any better, in fact it made me feel worse. There's nothing i can do for him, if he's not willing to let me. A mother can only do so much.

It took some time before i had my free time again, and this time i visited my daughter Silver. She's been going places a lot since she got here, i wanted to monitor her in secret but i know she'll notice it right away, so i got no choice but to monitor her closely whenever i can.

I never thought that she'll be friends with Flordel duchy's young lady, and even Princess Sapphire.

It was a shock for when i heard that she became friends with the Flordel lady. It was rumoured that she's a haughty and picky child when it comes to making friends, or in anything at all, she's also a noble daughter who has hate for commoners.

Being friends with the Flordel girl is shocking already, but being close with the Princess, is even more so.

The Princess never really liked talking to people a lot, she's a smart girl who is always busy with her studying. After encountering a dangerous situation, she seem to change her once hateful attitude. Whenever she has time to meet with people, it was only for formality. The only time that she got interested in anyone, is when she befriended my son, Howard.

Though i know that he only forced himself to be with her because she's a princess, but i didn't think that the princess will be persistent in persuading him. The persuasion of the princess lasted for two years, until it abruptly stopped. I don't know the reason but i guess the princess got tired of him.

But being acquainted with my Silver is really a shock, considering how serious that child can be.

The transportation problem is a problem that even my most intelligent advisors couldn't solve. I talked to my daughter, Silver without expecting that she can give an idea about my problem, but to just vent on her.

But when i told her about it, i didn't expect to have a solution right away. She brought me to a place she worked on, herself, it was a huge space and there are lots of items i can not name. When she showed me the so called train, i was quite astonished, it was moving without a horse to pull it, what a great invention.

When i brought out the plan for the construction of the magus train, a lot of council members are opposed to it.

"We cannot let a project that might harm anyone to just be approved like that." An insignificant council member opposed my proposal.

This project is something i am proud of, as it was something my dear daughter proposed herself.

"But this project would bring a lot of improvements to the transportation industry of the whole empire." One of the council members who approved of the project.

"But Your Majesty, this sort of things that can affect the whole empire should be studied thoroughly." Another insignificant insect, appealed to His Majesty who is silent the entire time.

I stood up from my seat and held my head up high. I took the paper with the study my daughter created, and showed it to them.

"For your information ladies and gentlemen, this project is thoroughly researched and studied, it took a total of thirty two trials and error, for this to work out. If you just took your time to look at the papers in front you, and not open your petty mouths right away just to oppose me, you would have noticed those important details." I told them as i look at each of the ones who opposes me.

After i said what i wanted to say, i sat on my chair as another burst of arguments came, as well as shuffling of papers.

His Majesty raised his hand and everyone turned silent.

"Grand Duchess Deborah, this project of yours is something that will affect the whole empire and indeed needed the proper study. But as this is also a promising one, i will permit it to be tested first and then we will see." His Majesty smiled at me as he stood up from his seat. "This meeting is adjourned," and he goes out of the room.

I looked at everyone and decided to also leave. When i was on the way out of the palace, His Majesty's assistant came up to me and told me that the emperor is asking for me in the drawing room.

He told me that he was impressed with the magus train and wanted to meet the one who invented it. And so, i brought Silver in the palace, i don't want her to step inside this messy place, but i also thought that this will help her in the future.

"It was an honor to be in Your Majesty's presence, i am a daughter of the Cross duchy, Silver Dominique Cross." She bowed and greeted the emperor, using her full name.

It was a name that i've been thinking of even before she was born. I was a little sad when Tara already gave her a name, but she told me that she will let me give her a second name, and it made me the happiest.

"So you are the infamous Silver, the one who invented the magus train? I heard that you are young, but i didn't expect you to be this young." His Majesty told her. Her face twitched a little, but it was so subtle that even i thought, i was just seeing things. Probably she's uncomfortable talking to the emperor, but I'm pretty sure there's more to it than that.

"Yes Your Majesty, i am indeed that Silver." She answered him with her polite tone.

When i brought her in the imperial palace, i thought that she will be intimidated like my other children who have been here, but i thought wrong. She seems to be confident with herself right now, i can't see even a trace of uncertainty.

"Hahahaha! Your daughter have the guts Deborah, i'm impressed. Now, i want to hear about the magus train, will you elaborate how it works?" His Majesty laughed with his own words.

"Of course Your Majesty. But rather than elaborating it through words, i'd rather show it instead." Silver answered looking straight at that big guy.

"May i request that we change our venue to an open space, Your Majesty?" She added.

I have no idea what she was on about, but i trust in her.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! I like her even more, to look straight into my eyes, Deos. She even have the guts to ask a request. I like this daughter of yours Deborah, how about you give her to me?" His Majesty laughed even louder.

What he said made frown, just thinking of giving my daughter to this man, or anyone for that matter, doesn't sound really good to me. So i showed him my displeasure on my face, by glaring daggers at him.

"My sincerest apologies, Your Majesty, but my daughter is not an object for you to own. And i could never ever give her to anybody, she's a person who belongs only to herself." I said to him so seriously.

"Hahahaha! I understand, well your request shall be granted." He looked at my daughter again.

We went to the back of the palace and stood in the middle of it. Silver walked forward and faced us all.

"I will show it now Your Majesty." She faced her back and raised palm.

After a few seconds, the train that was in her workshop is already in front of us, with it's rail intact. The faces of the imperial family is filled with shock, especially that man.

"Your Majesty this right here is a train, it is smaller in size, but it works the same way. I brought this here so i could show it you, instead of explaining it through words... that's too much of a hassle." The last few words made me chuckle, she really doesn't like talking a lot.

"Hahahaha! Alright, i understand." I am not sure if His Majesty heard her last words, but if he did, he didn't seem to care.

"Shall we?" She asked while motioning towards the train.

The imperial couple walked forward as His Majesty helped the empress to get on. My daughter also helped me get on, by offering her hand, i smiled at her and took it.

"Silver, i want to get on too." Before she can get on herself, Princess Sapphire held her sleeve and made her stop.

The imperial children are told to just sit not far away, so i'm surprised that she wants to get on too. The Princess looked at His Majesty with a pitiful face, trying to get his permission.

"Of course." Her Majesty answered instead.

Silver held her hand up to help her get on, and she took it happily. I thought that when they got on the train, the Princess would let go of Silver's hand, but no.

My daughter looked at her in query, they talked for a little bit, but i guess my daughter lost, she only sighed and pulled the smiling Princess to the driver's cart.

"This is the magus crystal needed for the train to move." She showed us the crystal and put it on the extraction chamber.

She was about to sit on the driver's seat when she remembered the Princess, they talked some more and decided to share the seat.

When the train started to move, Silver explained how it works and how safe it is. The imperial couple liked it, and so she got a reward she can ask of the emperor.

I don't know what they talked about because it's only them in the room, but i guess the emperor is satisfied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 1.2K 34
have you ever wondered whats the view beyond the lenses? although im singing my heart out to someone who could save me from myself, i find it rather...
14.2K 658 11
Whenever I read books or watch some movies or tv shows, I always say that the MC should have done it differently then whatever they faced would've en...
16.5K 704 17
*System*- welcome host I am your steal the -spotlight system- what am I ? why is it so bright here? *host is currently dead, this is your space room*...
129K 3.1K 27
In my life it was always, "You're the older sister be more mature." or, "Your sister is sick, you have to take care of her!" When it was my graduati...