Silver

By Siekyou

Why did i live? For what purpose? Why me? More

1. Dead
2. Tara
3. Seedling
4. Star
5. Strong
6. Spear
7. Hide
8. Sweet
9. Warmth
10. Home
11. Read
12. Magus
13. Gulp
14. Girl
15. Charm
16. Mother
17.Her
18. Origin
19. Transition
20. See you soon
21. Arrived
22. Find
23. Agnes
24. Monica
Author's note
25. Handsome
26. Train
27. Respect
28. Hero
30. Deos
31. Fly
32. Dog
33. Visitors
34. Fabian
35. Airplanes

29. Bow

266 30 3
By Siekyou

Silver's point of view

Three months have passed in the blink of an eye, good thing that i didn't get to meet anyone i don't wanna meet. But i don't feel good at all, like there's something looming in the dark. I don't know if it's intuition or just paranoia, but i just let it go as paranoia for now. This isn't the first time i felt this way.

Right now, mother is sitting in front of me and sipping tea. She often visits me and bring me gifts.

"So, how has it been for you here, my daughter, have you been well adjusted?" Mother asked.

"At first, i thought that it'll be hard for me to live in a noble's mansion, but because of you and others, that i can live in peace." I smiled at mother.

Living here isn't quite eventful, all i do is go to my favorite places here, visit mother's quarters, and go with the girls. A noble's life is pretty boring, nothing big happens. But of course i won't complain to mother about it, i don't want her to think that her house is nothing like a home for me. There are nice people, but i still feel like the staffs in here are glaring at me behind my back.

"It's good to know that you're having a good time in here. I was worried that i can't give you a happy home, that this place is far from how Tara have raised you." Mother looked down on the table, and sighed.

I mean, it's really different from how i grew up in this world, but it doesn't matter, as long as my mothers are there, i'll call the streets a home.

"Mother, i don't care where it is, or how chaotic or peaceful it is, but if you're there, it will be a home i'd want to live in." I told her sincerely.

"Me too, my daughter, as long as you and your siblings are there, or Tara was there, it would be a home for me," Mother held my cheek with a sincere smile on her  face.

I only smiled  back at her and held the hand on my face. I missed Mother Duchess, she's been very busy with work lately that it's rare for me to meet her nowadays. She said that it's about the train that she proposed to the council, so she's put her time to have it agreed upon.

"Mother, how was the train talk going? Are there any progress?" I asked her curiously.

Mother smiled and continue sipping her tea, she's back to her elegant posture that faltered for a bit earlier.

"I'm happy to say that it was already approved, the emperor was impressed that he wants to have an audience with you." She smiled at me proudly.

"But Mother, i don't want to. You know that i can't make mistakes in front of the emperor, i don't want to tarnish your reputation." I don't want to meet the emperor, that will be troublesome. I'm sure that i can speak with him with confidence, i've met royalties before so it's not a new thing for me. But this time is different, the imperial palace is a dangerous place, a single mishap could lead to my death, more so because this is ancient time, people are overreacting. Especially those of the higher position, they don't like being offended in the slightest.

"Don't worry my daughter, even the emperor wouldn't dare to oppose this mother of yours." She proudly stated. But why does that sound familiar?

What she said is true though, Mother is a powerful Duchess, it was even rumored that her power extends farther than the emperor himself. People say that if she wants to, she can dethrone the reigning emperor and sit right away, no one would even complain.

But that was only among themselves, inside other people's households, if someone with bad intentions heard that, they can use that against Mother and she will be accused of treason. So, those topics are practically taboo.

Of course if you're that powerful, there would be people who would want to take that power for themselves. But Mother isn't someone they can easily defeat, so they created a group just for that purpose, but to no avail, they're still far too weak.

"I know, Mother, this is me being lazy, more than anything." I told her honestly. Mother only chuckled at my words and sipped on her tea.

"But still, an audience with the emperor himself, isn't something you can easily decline, your own reputation will plummet in the future." Mother looked at me with uncertainty in her eyes, and i hate it.

"Mother, don't worry, i don't want to build a good reputation anyway. If anything, i don't even care about people's opinion, who i wouldn't even get advice from." I said as i sip on my own tea. I cringed when i tasted the bitterness, i still can't get used to the tea in this era.

"It's a good principle, it's a good thing that you know how to deal with people." Mother, put down her cup and looked at me. "But you'll still meet the emperor, think of it as an experience you can use in the future."

"Alright mother," i can only sigh to myself.

"This is such a hassle."

_____________________

The day of meeting the emperor came without a hitch. I was being dressed by the handmaiden, because no matter how much i refuse, they still insisted and even told Mother, so i had no choice but to comply.

It was so embarrassing, being dressed by women my age in my last life is not something i would want to experience. Being stripped is a different thing, i'd accept it if we are in the middle of you know what, but i will never let them strip me here, that will make me explode in shame.

"Miss, you look so handsome with your outfit today. I think we made a good job, right ladies?" Agnes complimented me, or rather, themselves.

Time can really change a lot of things, even the aloof Agnes eventually softened and has been serving me willingly now. As for the other servants, they are still somewhat unaccepting of my sudden arrival. Though mostly because some of them are Douglas' people.

After being dressed by my servants, Mother Duchess came and fetched me. When we are already inside the carriage, all the teasing started. If only i can go alone, i would have, but children should have their guardian with them while visiting the palace, so i don't have a choice.

"I thought that it was Lady Victoria that you fancy, why are you dressed so handsomely today, is it because of a particular princess?" Mother said as she smiled, or smirked.

Mother already knows about Princess Sapphire and she always teases me about her. She said that she fell in love with Mother Tara when she saved her before, she's not saying it explicitly as she still needs to uphold her reputation as a noble lady, but i know what she's implying, and it's not gonna happen.

"Mother, my head maid Agnes is the one who chose this outfit and not me. I'm not going to dress unless i need to." I sighed to myself, this is the fourth time that we're having this conversation. "Also, i never said i liked Lady Victoria like that, she's just a good friend of mine." I added.

"If you say so," mother smiled at me knowingly.

"But Mother, why is Monica here with us?" I asked mother, while looking at the girl beside me, munching on a cookie.

"Oh, don't mind her, she'll just visit Her Highness." Mother answered nonchalantly.

"I see..." I mumbled.

The girl looked back at me, and smiled, offering me a cookie. I took a bite on the cookie, that made her smile even wider. I shook my head and just pat my shoulder, motioning for her to lean on me, which she did, ever so enthusiastically.

The carriage stopped and the door opens. I never noticed that we are here already.

I walked out of the carriage first and helped mother and Monica down. There's a butler standing just in front of the entrance bowing down to us.

"Welcome to the imperial palace, Your Grace, Young Lady Silver, and Young Lady Monica." He respectfully said, with his head still down, while his right hand is on his stomach and the other is on his back, the typical bow of butlers that i always see in movies.

"As always, the hospitality in the imperial palace is lacking. A mere butler to greet me, the Grand Duchess of Cross, i would let this one go as to show my daughter how forgiving i am." I looked at Mother when she's saying that, but i don't think i see an ounce of displeasure in her eyes, in fact there's a small smile on her lips.

"Thank you for your understanding Your Grace, this way please." The man pointed his hands toward the inside and off we go.

Monica split ways with us after gaining mother's permission, guided by a servant to wherever she was going.

If the Cross estate is huge, this one is even more so. The extravagance of this place is so blinding that i'll have to squint my eyes everytime we turn to a corner because of the gold in here. The way is long but we eventually stopped in front of a humongous door, the guards on each side opened it and Mother ushered me in.

Inside the room, the space is so big that it can rival a theater in my last life. There are pillars lining up towards the throne that is situated on top of a big stage with stairs in front. If you look down, there is a red carpet embroidered with fine details. And if you look up, there are many chandeliers with magus crystals lighting it up. The place screams wealth, it was made like this maybe because they want people going inside to think that they are small and the highest one is more powerful, as expected of an imperial palace.

We walked on the red carpet with Mother in front of me. She stopped just a few feet away from the stairs where a man was sitting on a luxurious throne. There are also a woman sitting on an equally splendid chair on his right, while a bunch of smaller chairs are surrounding the throne, where there are children sitting on it.

"It was an honor to be in your audience, Your Majesty." Mother bowed a little, showing respect, but not too much as she is still a powerful person who won't lower her head to anyone. I just bowed too beside her, i don't want to talk, to not get their attention.

"It was always an honor to have you visit our humble palace." The man in the middle, His Majesty the Emperor, said that with full of authority. If someone hears his powerful voice, they'd probably cower in fear, but not me. He's nothing compared to the power Mother Tara exhibits everytime she uses her Mana to fight and train.

What did he say, humble? If this is humble for him, i don't know what's extravagant anymore. Mother only looked at him, and smiled a little.

"It's been a while since we've seen each other like this, Your Majesty the Empress. Have you been well?" Mother smiled their way.

"Thanks to your concern that i've been very well," a woman answered Mother, the Empress.

"It's a pleasure, Your Majesty." Mother only smiled at her.

"Now that we're done with the pleasantries, why don't you introduce us with the Lady beside you." The emperor asked.

"Of course," Mother held my back. "I would like Your Majesty to meet my daughter, Silver Dominique Cross." Mother introduced me, and yes, that's my full name now.

I stepped forward and bowed my head down, with my left knee on the floor, and put my right hand on my chest. This is a proper way to greet the Emperor and Empress in this world. Mother can bow her head as high as she wants, but not me, i should do the proper greeting or else i'll breach the proper etiquette.

"It was an honor to be in Your Majesty's presence, i am a daughter of the Cross duchy, Silver Dominique Cross." I respectfully said, as i looked him in the eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491K 27.6K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
4.7K 221 12
As an avid- but pretty unsuccessful- writer of fantasy fiction, I know that dragons are pretty much the pinnacle of existence. I dare anyone to argue...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
4.3K 5 53
During judgement, it seems god decided to repeat what I was hoping for.