Harry Potter Short Stories

Autorstwa Irish_Wolves

Just a book filled with short stories of our favourite wizard Harry Potter. One shots, bashing, romance, cano... Więcej

Inner Slytherin Ch 1
Inner Slytherin Ch2
Inner Slytherin Ch 3
Inner Slytherin 4
Inner Slytherin 5
Inner Slytherin 6
Inner Slytherin 7
Prophecy Smophecy 1
Prophecy Smophecy 2
One last prank
12 Days of Pranking
The day Albus Dumbledore never remembers
The Contract 1-7
The Contract 8-13
The Contract 14-18
A boy and his Spider
This tournament needs better security
Human Stupidity has no limits 1-3
Human Stupidity has no limits 4-6
Human Stupidity has no limits 7-9
10 minutes and a week of hell
Weapons of mass destruction
Percy Weasley and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
That time Lucius Malfoy went back to fix it and dragged Harry along 1-3
That time Lucius Malfoy went back to fix it and dragged Harry along 4-5
Whatever would an honest hero do?
Restless leg syndrome
Snape Victorious
Dark Lady Tonks
Choices 2: Let the real games begin and life at Hogwarts
Choices 3: A memorable Yule Ball
Choices 4: Trials and tribulations
Choices 5: The fun begins
Confounded Confundus
Kings Cross incident
Capable Cedric
Not his brothers Keeper
Chances
Misunderstandings, Miscommunications and Logic
Lies and Arguments
Greedy ron and the three seconds of thinking
Misuse of metamorphy
The betrothal
Spectral Revelation
Consequences
A new reward
Times Bitch
Instant weasley
The Betrothal
Family; Its in thr blood

Choices 1: Sorry and first task

1.4K 40 12
Autorstwa Irish_Wolves

by:

"Please Harry, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME," Hermione Granger said imploringly, "I'm still your friend and I've always believed in you."

"Well MUDBLOOD you have a funny way of showing it now don't you," came the cruel reply. For once in her life Hermione was speechless – for about 15 seconds – while it sunk in that Harry James Potter, the most noble, brave, gentle and considerate person she had ever met had just called her that foul name. However she quickly snapped back to the task at hand, namely that of trying to get Harry Potter back on the correct path, the path of the Light as led by Albus Dumbledore.

So she swallowed her pride and anger and renewed her attack on the easily crushed emotional shields of Harry James Potter.

"Harry, I was only following orders – Professor Dumbledore's orders – she added for emphasis. He was only trying to discover who had put your name in the Goblet and to do that we all had to make everyone think you had cheated and lied your way into the Tournament.'"DRAGON DUNG" was the only reply. Then gentle Harry glared at the girl before using his magic (wandlessly no less) to push her out of the train compartment and then lock the door, close the curtains and cast silencing charms.

"Well that went well," Neville Longbottom said after the deed was done."Only until we arrive at Hogwarts and she gets to pounce on me again," came the reply. "She knows she is in a lot of trouble and the consequences if she doesn't get back in my good graces so she won't give up only because she can't."

Harry was correct in his assessment as Hermione Granger knew what was really at stake. It wasn't just her life and future at stake but several others including Albus Dumbledore, the wizard she had chosen to believe in, follow and obey to the detriment of all other relationships.She pounded on the door of the compartment after first trying to disable the magic Harry had placed on it. Usually she would have no trouble as she knew she was just so much better, talented and powerful in magic than Harry Potter.

Well, he could do a few things better than her such as mastering the Patronus spell, magical dueling and he was currently acknowledged as the best flyer at Hogwarts while Hermione refused to get on a broom due to her fear of heights. And yes, he had demonstrated he could use wandless magic but as Dumbledore had explained to her that was just a fluke, a case of accidental magic manifesting itself in a desperate situation.

People were starting to stare at the new Gryffindor fifth year female Prefect as she first demanded and then started to politely ask, then implore to be let in and explain things. At last it became embarrassing especially when the Head Boy approached her and order her to "Give up and start your patrol."

She had no other choice but to do as ordered but her mind was not on her job and she did it on autopilot. Her mind went back to how it had all began 11 months ago when Harry Potter's name came out of the Goblet making him the unwilling fourth champion in the Triwizard Tournament.It had been a huge scandal and the beginning of the end of many things, such as the end of the only real friendship she had...and maybe ever would have.

At first she had been shocked almost as much as Harry had been when his name came out of the Goblet. She knew he wouldn't have touched that contest with the proverbial ten foot pole as she had done extensive research on it and it was very dangerous. The danger, political manipulations and unethical behavior had been some of the reasons the Tournament hadn't been held since 1792. Why it was suddenly brought back was cause for much speculation but the Ministry of Magic was publicizing it and saying it was for the furthering of international cooperation and comradery.

Most of the school wanted to enter the contest for the "fame, glory and money" especially 98% of all Gryffindor males. Ron would have given anything to be picked, not that he would stand a snowball's chance in hell of surviving, but that didn't stop his enthusiasm or constantly talking about it. The Weasley Twins were desperately trying to figure out a way to get around the many spells Dumbledore had placed around it but had failed miserably as had others.

Much to Hermione's disgust, some of her female housemates were entering their names such as Angelina Johnston. Even the first years were dreaming about being a champion despite definitely not having the knowledge or power to enter. Other than herself only Harry and Neville expressed disinterest in entering.

Despite swearing that he didn't enter, no one believed Harry – except Hermione and Neville. Their House was divided between those who were shocked that his name had come out and those who were ecstatic that Gryffindor had gotten a champion and one sneaky enough to have beaten the wards created by Dumbledore.

Ron had been furious because Harry hadn't shared the secret with his best mate so that he could have entered and lashed out on his friend the moment he came back from the champions' meeting. Almost immediately he had started calling Harry names, accusing him of all sorts of perfidy and within two days it seemed that he had succeeded in turning the entire Gryffindor House against him – except for Neville and Hermione.

At first Hermione had tried to talk sense into Ron but he wouldn't hear of it and demanded that she make a choice. It was either Harry, the lying, cheating, treacherous excuse for a friend who wouldn't share and was nothing but a shameless glory-seeking, selfish, Half-blood bastard son of a Mudblood whore or Ron and the many other truly noble, brave, honorable REAL Gryffindors who were angry and scandalized by Harry's behavior.

Hermione knew Harry was innocent and had volunteered to help him but then.... McGonagall had fetched her on the sly (as she had done many times) and she had been taken to Dumbledore's office for a conference and to receive her new assignment.

Ever since the "troll incident" in their first year, Hermione had been helping Dumbledore "help Harry" not only with his school work but to keep him on the right path, the path of the Light as led by Albus Dumbledore, the greatest wizard since Merlin, as well as protecting him from those who would only use him or seek to cause him harm.

Dumbledore carefully explained to Hermione, who he had recognized as a brave, noble, honorable, powerful, talented, intelligent girl, as someone Harry needed as a friend and advisor. Therefore she had been "allowed" to become one of his very select friends. She was given the very great honor of helping Dumbledore protect, guide, educate and mold Harry Potter into the wizard he was meant to be.

Apparently Harry had a destiny to fulfill and, as Dumbledore had confided in the girl, he was not all that he should be and was a big disappointment to the Great Wizard and thus would need careful handling. He would be tested every year during his school years to prepare him for this unnamed destiny and Hermione had been chosen (because of all of those qualities she possessed) to help Harry.

It was a dream come true for Hermione that she could prove her worth and show not only the great Albus Dumbledore but the entire Magical World just what a truly dedicated, talented, intelligent, Muggleborn girl named Hermione Granger could do. It would make her career and put her on the fast track to becoming a legend like her idol Rowena Ravenclaw.

The bad side of her dream was the nightmare known as Ronald Bilius Weasley. He truly hated her and the feeling was mutual. When first informed that he would be working with Hermione he had left Dumbledore's office and pulled the girl into a deserted classroom and beat the living stuffing out of her to "show her who was the real boss" and put her in her place.If she didn't obey him, do everything he said, HE WOULD DESTROY HER as he was a Weasley, the most faithful and important family of Dumbledore's followers and which held great influence with the great wizard himself. "Dumbledore would never believe a worthless piece of shit like the Mudblood Granger over ME," he had told her, "So watch out Muddy, you slimy, smelly, UGLY, bossy, worthless...."

He didn't get to finish his sentence as McGonagall had followed the pair back to Gryffindor and heard what he had told the girl and watched just long enough as he unmercifully beat her so that she would have all of the evidence needed to protect Hermione from Ron and the other Weasleys. McGonagall was not the only one of Dumbledore's other followers who despised certain members of the Weasley family and she would not let this...son-of-a-Molly-Prewett become a male version of his bitch of a mother.

Not that she ever knew it but Hermione was saved not only because of McGonagall but because Dumbledore knew exactly the type of person Ron Weasley was. He needed him for certain things but the boy had no tact, no common sense, and no real ability other than to be ready, willing and able to do anything which Dumbledore ordered him to do as he was blessed with the lack of a conscious. He was, however, expendable and had been told so by an angry Dumbledore. "Granger is needed more than you are and if you don't behave yourself and cooperate, YOUR SERVICES WILL NO LONGER BE REQUIRED AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS."

Ron did so after Granger's injuries were healed (it only took one night thanks to magical medicine and McGonagall rescuing her before any real harm could be done), not only did Dumbledore make him apologize to the girl but he was forced to take an oath not to do certain things AND TO OBEY DUMBLEDORE'S ORDERS TO THE LETTER.

So for the past four years Hermione and Ron co-existed, both proving to be good actors in hiding their real feelings about each other from the world. They were only allowed to argue and Ron was only allowed to verbally abuse her and only in public and in front of Harry, because despite the oath Dumbledore knew that Ron would still threatened and intimidate the girl and ruin everything.

It had been a difficult four years with Ron always trying to make Hermione heel to his wants, but one which he mostly lost. The closest he had come to "defeating the Mudblood" was last year with the broom incident when she had (at the advice of Dumbledore) taken Harry's new broom to McGonagall to be inspected. Dumbledore wanted it inspected but didn't want to be seen as "the badie" so had Granger to do it. It had also given a "reward for services rendered" to Ron as he got to gloat and scare Hermione until things calmed down.

However, after she left Dumbledore's office she had new orders. She was to assist Ron in his slandering of Harry because it was part of one of Dumbledore's plans to toughen him up and teach him...whatever he wanted Harry taught at the moment. Naturally he wouldn't tell Hermione or even McGonagall and the other teachers the reasons why only that it had to be done for the Greater Good.

So a near heartbroken Hermione had to use her best acting skills to tell Harry that after some careful thinking and examination of the evidence and (this was the worst part of it all) after listening to the arguments of Ron and others in authority, she now believed that he had paid someone to put his name in the Goblet as a prank and thought that he wouldn't be allowed to participate as a fourth champion and would then get out of it.

It had nearly broken her heart having to listen to her friend's protestations of innocence yet having to ignore them. Then she had to make the truly outrageous demand ordered by Dumbledore that Harry had to admit that he really had cheated, lied and paid someone to put his name in the Goblet and then apologize to the entire House of Gryffindor, especially Ron Weasley. If he refused, then she would not help him with the Tournament and "You know you will fail miserably and maybe even die if you don't have my help, so you must do as I ask...or else."

Well he wouldn't as he was innocent so there was nothing to apologize for. Then he had actually walked away from her saying, "I don't need this. I don't need any of this same old, same old so you and the rest can go to hell."

Then the real campaign of horrors started against Harry. He was made an outcast from his House, condemned by all. His trunk was rifled and many of his possessions were destroyed or went missing such as his broom, his Invisibility Cloak and his photo album. He was sanctioned, abused, humiliated and beaten by his own housemates. Then when he still "refused to confess his guilt" he was cast out of Gryffindor as being unworthy of calling himself a member of that noble house. It was unanimous – except for Neville Longbottom.

Thus both Harry and Neville were thrown out of Gryffindor and even had the House colors removed from their robes and ties and were forbidden to sit at the Gryffindor table. It was believed they took their meals in the kitchen or had Dobby the house elf fetch them food but where they spent the night no one knew or apparently cared – except Hermione but she was forbidden by McGonagall from interfering and it broke her heart.The rest of the school was the same but it hurt more that Gryffindor House had turned on Harry and then the faithful and only other true honorable and noble Gryffindor Neville Longbottom. The rest of the school treated Neville as they always had, with disrespect and derision, but Harry...well his life was made a true hell.

Hermione thought ironically that Death Eaters weren't recruiting because if they were, Ronald Bilius Weasley would be their number one draft pick. The dreadful things he thought up to cause pain to "his best mate" and if he had spent as much time on his homework and studies as he did thinking up ways of humiliating and hurting Harry Potter, well then Ron would be "student of the year" and on the fast track for Head Boy.

It had been Ron's idea for those dreadful "Potter stinks" buttons and he had even talked Malfoy into putting up the money for the badges to be made and distributed to every student in the school. Even Snape had gleefully worn won as had teachers from Beauxbatons and Darmstadt. Wearing of the button was mandatory in Gryffindor House unless you also wanted to be censured and kicked out like the "Liar/Cheater and the Squib" as Ron gleefully said.

Hermione didn't want to wear one and had even asked McGonagall after being ordered by Ron if she had to. A very upset McGonagall had only replied that "Albus thinks it will build character in Harry Potter if he can survive the...treatment and censure from his school mates. Therefore, Ronald is correct and you...must wear one and wear it where it can be seen.

So wore it she had, but she spent so much time and energy in fighting back tears that she didn't score a 100 on a History of Magic test. The only thing that kept her going while wearing the badge was the fact that she knew that once Harry completed the first task (which naturally he would come in last) then, Gryffindor would be allowed to forgive him and she could go back to being friends with Harry and help him in the next two tasks.She had been worried and had asked McGonagall "What if...what if Harry fails the first task and is maimed, permanently damaged or...dies."

"Albus has assured me that he will survive the first task. He will do very poorly on it, make a fool of himself and perhaps be burned or injured BUT HE WILL SURVIVE. We have Albus' total assurance so we must hope and pray that he is correct," the older witch stated in a weak voice. "But remember that Albus Dumbledore is always right," she said in a voice not exactly as confident as it should be.

She remembered just how wrong Dumbledore had been during the years and especially in placing Harry with his Muggle relatives and the condition he was in when he first came to Hogwarts. She had done a bit of snooping after his first semester and was informed by Arabella Figg that she had constantly told Dumbledore how the Dursleys treated Harry but he always assured Figg that she was making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Figg also warned McGonagall that if she intended to personally investigate the Dursleys she better do it with Amelia Bones, a troop of Aurors and several Unspeakables as witnesses because "Since you never answered any of the letters I sent you over the years, you either didn't receive them or 'forgot' about them. McGonagall had NEVER received any letters from Arabella Figg and that interesting bit of info spoke volumes.

Like the rest of the staff, McGonagall was under certain oaths to Dumbledore due to the employment contracts they all had to sign to work at Hogwarts. There had never been any such contracts in the history of Hogwarts until Dumbledore became Headmaster and he had added more and more updates over the years which even teachers who had been there as long as Flitwick (he had been teaching for two years when McGonagall was a first year) kept having to sign "new and improved" contracts.

There were many things they were forbidden to tell or do without losing not only their job but their magic as Albus was a sneaky, crafty %*#%&#^&^&. But they were all now firmly at his mercy so as usual, there was nothing to be done but "trust in Dumbledore" and his plans and blindly and silently follow his every order no matter how ridiculous or dangerous it was.McGonagall was just as worried as Hermione but was not allowed to show it. She just told the girl to have faith in Dumbledore and continue with "the plan" and wait for the first task to be over. "Then you and Ronald will have your friend back and you can start helping Harry with the next two tasks."

"What makes you think that Harry will ever take us back as friends?" Hermione asked."Because you are the only friends he has Miss Granger," McGonagall added. "Besides I am sure Albus will 'convince' him" she said using air quotes for emphasis "of the wisdom of apologizing and/or doing anything he must to have his friends at his side to give him support and...love," she said shakily not believing one word of the garbage Albus would tell the boy as he cast various spells on him to force him to do yet again all that he wanted done. It was all part of the plan and it would be done and done gratefully and with dumb, hopeless acceptance.But oh how wrong they would all be, as there was a new Harry unleashed who would never again bow down to anyone, especially Albus Dumbledore, ever again.

The First Task

The week before the first task Harry had disappeared.

Naturally Dumbledore had known that Harry and Neville had taken refuge in an old classroom which the house elf Dobby had transformed into a replica of their Gryffindor dorm room minus the red and golden color scheme. Their bedding and carpets were in shades of brown with a dash of green to make it into an earthy decorative scheme as Neville did like his plants. They didn't want to use any color associated with any of the four houses so the green was drab and totally unlike any greens found in Slytherin House.

The room had a table and chairs for use in eating and doing homework assignments and there were two comfortable easy chairs and a coffee table for when they wanted to just sit around and talk. There were book shelves filled with books acquired from various places around the school and a private bathroom with two shower stalls and sinks completed the new home of the two outcasts.

As a champion Harry had the option of not attending any classes because he didn't have to take any exams. He had attended classes for the first two weeks after his name came out of the Goblet but the abuse and injuries had been too much so he had stopped. Neville still had to go to class but other than the usual abuse he had gotten since he started school, the only grief he suffered was from Gryffindors who hadn't forgiven him for "betraying them." At least all of his teachers, aside from Snape, did their best to protect him and since he didn't take his meals in the Great Hall and slept wherever it was he was living, he survived much better than Harry.The press had been crucifying Harry, especially after Rita Skeeter's totally untrue – but deliciously juicy – articles were printed. She kept up the abuse by writing "exclusives" about the Boy-Who-Lied-and-Cheated. Many of Harry's year mates eagerly gave her interviews. Most used their names but there were some anonymous students who "didn't want to be retaliated against by a vicious and vengeful Potter" when he found out that they were revealing his most disgraceful and disgusting secrets.

The only reason Dumbledore noticed Harry was missing was because since he was constantly hiding, "he couldn't properly learn how to deal with adversity if he was would not face it" so Dobby was ordered to bring Harry out into the open. The elf, who had been employed at Hogwarts under the conditions that (1) he never bond with Harry Potter; (2) he reported everything that Harry Potter asked of him or did directly to Dumbledore so that Dumbledore could "help and continue monitoring the dear boy" and; (3) Dumbledore could have even more control over the boy. No. 3 was not told to the elf but then Dumbledore always kept his own council and secrets.

Dumbledore ordered Dobby to bring Harry Potter to his office for a chat. The elf then pulled on his ears, started saying how bad he was and the usual house elf pandering until Dumbledore demanded "just bring him to me – immediately." Dobby couldn't because apparently Harry Potter was not to be found – anywhere – at Hogwarts. Dobby had just found out this morning when he went to do Harry's laundry and there wasn't any to be done.Neville was instead summoned and all he could say was that "A few days ago Harry said he was going out flying to calm his mind and he didn't come back.""And you were not concerned," Dumbledore asked.

"Not really because he has been doing private studying and sometimes he doesn't want to bother me so goes someplace else. If the curtains to his bed are closed when I came back from classes, I just figure he was practicing all night and is sleeping so I don't bother him. If he's gone...well I haven't the slightest idea where he is" Neville finally said.Dumbledore knew he was telling the truth because he had been legitimizing the boy's mind the entire time he was questioning him. The boy knew nothing and was dismissed with the order that he should look for Harry and inform him that he had to see the Headmaster immediately. Neville said he would and left.

Dumbledore had the entire school searched and even had Fawkes look for the boy. He hadn't left the school because all of the tracking monitors he had placed on the boy were working and there really wasn't any place the bastard could go where Dumbledore couldn't find him. The only place Fawkes couldn't go to in the school was the Chamber of Secrets. Fawkes had to be called or "needed" by Harry to enter the Chamber or at least that was what he had always told Dumbledore.

Dumbledore had personally placed confusion charms, notice-me-charms and repulsion charms and assorted other spells on the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets so that Harry would not want to enter the Chamber. As always, he had also had Weasley and Granger tell Harry that it was a very dark and evil place (just like speaking parsel tongue was the sign of a dark wizard so Harry better not do it ever again).

Dumbledore didn't want Harry going to the Chamber and "discovering anything" especially since it wouldn't be of benefit to Dumbledore. Apparently, the Chamber had been spelled by someone, whether it was Tom Riddle or Salazar Slytherin himself, preventing the greatest wizard since Merlin from entering the Chamber. Once he knew the location of the Chamber after Harry's second year, he had tried EVERYTHING he knew to enter it but could not.

Early in Harry's third year he had asked the boy to take him to the Chamber so he could protect the school from other dangers which no doubt contained in the Chamber. Harry dutifully opened the door and entered himself but DUMBLEDORE COULD NOT ENTER NO MATTER HOW HARD HE TRIED. He had angrily obliviated the boy of the memory and in spite cast spells preventing him from wanting to do any personal exploration.

Therefore the only possible place Harry could be hiding was in the Chamber. Dumbledore just hoped the stupid brat wouldn't lose track of time and remember to show up for the first task otherwise he would lose his magic and be of no use to him until it was time for him to die.Seeing an opportunity to further hurt and slander "his best mate" Ron contacted Rita Skeeter and told her Harry was missing and it was his personal opinion, "That arrogant, lying, cheating, fame seeking, glory hog, worthless Half-blood bastard of a MUDBLOOD (yes he said the word and Rita printed it) whore realized he couldn't whine or lie his way out of participating and had fled in fear of his life. He would rather lose his magic than his worthless life so he ran away."When Hermione, McGonagall and many others (in the know) read the article and the quote (which Ron had been bragging about) they at least realized that there was no way that Harry would or even could ever be Ron's friend again as the insult was just too...well it just couldn't be dismissed and even Dumbledore knew that no apology on Ron's part would be acceptable to Harry Potter. If Potter did accept an apology, well it would be evident that he had either been spelled into doing so or he was even dumber than Ron Weasley. Even Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape wouldn't believe Potter could be that dumb and loudly and publicly said so.

Ron was the only person proud and confident. He had gotten to slander, abuse and INSULT Potter and his mother in the Daily Prophet and it would be picked up and printed in newspapers throughout the WORLD. Dumbledore would "fix things" if Potter survived the first task and was made to apologize to Ron. Ron could always say that he was "misquoted" and the %#*$^#^ stupid bastard would believe it and once again be the desperate-for-a-friend best mate of Ron Weasley.

Ron had had a very good month and in his opinion his status had risen. He considered himself the King of Gryffindor and once Potter came crawling back to him, he would continue to humiliate, insult and embarrass the git BECAUSE HE WAS RON WEASLEY AND HE COULD! He would also start doing what he had wanted to do for a very long time but had been forbidden to do, namely, hit Potter up for "presents" and "money" for Ron lowering himself to being Harry's friend.

Then there was the deal he had made with Rita Skeeter. He had promised to reveal "the truth" about everything which had happened since Harry's first year. At the moment they were in the negotiation stage and talking about the amount of money Ron would be getting paid for the exclusive articles she would be writing.

According to Rita, it was her editor who was causing the hold up. In reality, Rita was waiting to see if Potter survived the first task and to see if she could get a real interview from him instead of having to makeup things and rely on his enemies and other glory hounds living off of Potter's fame, like the vile slug named Ron Weasley. She knew that Potter had to have information which, if allowed or more likely, finally goaded into betraying Dumbledore...well let's just say that Rita might be able to destroy a few careers and reputations. But only if Potter survived and had not been pushed too far this time.

The day of the first task arrived. Dumbledore had Dobby, Fawkes and everybody out looking for Potter as the boy had to show up otherwise all of his current plans would be ruined. At 12 noon on the day, Potter had not yet been found and Dumbledore was actually starting to worry as the first task was about to begin and there was no sign of Potter.

Dumbledore knew that his old friend Moody was being impersonated by Barty Crouch, Jr. He had attacked him shortly after he arrived at Hogwarts and dosed him with Veritaserum and found out all of Voldemort's plans. He approved of them as they could benefit him much more than Voldemort.

Dumbledore had obliviated Barty and let things play out. He knew that Crouch would do everything in his power to make certain Potter survived the Tournament otherwise his life would be forfeited. Therefore, he could make Potter's illegal and surprise entry into the Tournament another "test" of the boy's meddle and to see just how much suffering and abuse he could endure.

The fact that Granger, McGonagall and even Snape highly disapproved of this scheme yet couldn't and didn't say anything against only proved how much they were under his complete control and knew that they could never, ever go against Dumbledore or would do anything to spare Harry Potter any pain. The boy would go more than willingly to his future martyrdom because his life was worthless and a daily reminder that he was nothing in the scheme of things. Worthless, a freak and unloved just as the Dursleys had always said.

The time had finally come. All the dignitaries were present, the stands were filled to capacity and the champions had walked into the tent for their briefing and the choosing of their dragon. Potter was not there and if he did show up, he would be facing the most dangerous of all of the beasts, but then that was his usual luck.

Dumbledore was presiding over the Tournament and acting the gracious host to all of the dignitaries and other visitors. He had already had several calming draughts but no one would know he had been indulging in his secret vice more than usual. He carried a supply of lemon drops in his pocket to use when the draughts wore off as he could not be seen as anything but calm and in control of the situation just like he always was.

Another wizard who was drinking calming draughts was Barty Crouch, Jr. who had no idea where Potter was and had been ordered by Voldemort "to find him and make certain he participates" but, like Dumbledore, he had had no success.

Amelia Bones had been alerted about Potter's disappearance by Moody (or rather Barty) and had been looking for the boy. She hadn't believed for one minute that Potter had entered his name and she had been infuriated to learn how badly he was being treated at the school and that not only was Dumbledore and the rest of the staff not doing anything to prevent the abuse and injuries directed at the boy.

Her niece Susan (who as a Hufflepuff was still angry for Potter stealing Cedric's glory), opined that it almost looked like Dumbledore was encouraging the abuse. However, Susan believed that Potter had lied and cheated his way into the Tournament if only because Dumbledore and the other teachers would have done something if he hadn't and his "best friends" said he did and had disowned him and cast him, and Neville Longbottom who was his only supporter, out of all of Gryffindor House.

From the trash the Prophet was spewing out, as well as from what her sources were telling her, Potter had been framed, it was probably a plot against his life and there was something disastrous in the making. Considering the Death Eater incident at the Quidditch Cup, it was more than likely that a Death Eater or two were using this Tournament to get revenge on Potter for destroying Voldemort. She didn't know what game Dumbledore was playing, but she didn't like it as a young boy's life was at risk.

Unfortunately she and her team hadn't been able to find him either and there was a good chance he was either already dead or would shortly be losing his magic and then be worse than dead.

Hermione Granger and the Creevey Brothers had been very upset all day especially when there was no sign of Harry. The brothers couldn't afford tickets but Hermione said she'd tell them all about it and hopefully would have good news. Ron was in his glee as one way or the other he'd be benefitting.

The Twins were worried since their entire lives hung in the balance of Harry participating in the first task and not dying. They were running their usual bookmaking scheme and due to Harry being made a pariah and all of the abuse allowed to happen to the now completely friendless boy (Neville didn't count) many people thought he would die and bet for that to happen. The Twins "knew he wouldn't die" and had given odds accordingly. If Harry didn't show up that would count as "dying" because in the wizard mind, if you lost your magic you might as well be dead.

Neville Longbottom was not in the stands as although he could have afforded to buy a ticket it would have been "confiscated" (or rather taken from him) and given to a more worthy person, because that was what he had been told by several of his former housemates who couldn't afford a ticket.

Instead, Neville was hanging out with his secret friend, Luna Lovegood, together with Ravenclaw Su Li (the official Ravenclaw outcast in Harry and Neville's year just like Luna was the outcast in her year) were currently making themselves comfortable and looking out of one of the windows on top of the tower facing the Tournament stands. They had a very good view or at least it was good enough to see the action. Dobby had provided them with very tall chairs to sit and look out the window as well as serving snacks and drinks for their refreshment. In reality they had the best seats of all and didn't have to worry about rain or queuing up to use the loo.

All of the Hogwarts teachers, minus McGonagall, were seated in their seats waiting for the Tournament to officially start. Even Snape would have to admit that he was worried. They all knew that Potter had not run away but Snape had been obliged to say for appearances sake, any more than he had put his name in the Goblet. Something had to have happened to the boy despite what Dumbledore was saying. Those who knew him the best, knew even he was worried.

The Slytherins were all eagerly awaiting to see if Potter would show up and/or die horribly if he did. That was basically the opinion of the other two Houses and the other two schools. It was very sad but then the life of Harry James Potter was really one of continual sadness and despair. Perhaps it would be better if it did end today.

Ludo Bagman was in a state of panic which he was desperately trying not to show. He had bet heavily on Potter with the Goblins and if Potter didn't show or was killed, he would have to flee for his life. Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge was in his usual form as the ultimate politician. He too was worried about Potter but only because it would be a blot on the Tournament which he had been convinced to bring back and he worried for his career.

McGonagall had been seen getting calming draughts from Pomfrey and it was rumored that they were mixing these potions with some of Minerva's "native medicine" or some single malt whiskey but that simply wasn't true. Minerva drank after the potions were administered to keep her spirits up. Minerva was "hanging out" in the medical tent not only to keep her friend company but to hope against hope that somehow at the last minute Potter would arrive and then she could...breath again. Then she would have to report to Albus but she didn't care as long as the boy would come back.

Finally, the start of the first task could be delayed no longer. The champions began their trials and all eyes were now focused on them. Cedric Diggory went first, retrieved his egg and survived. It was the same for Fleur Delacour.

However, just as Viktor Krum was walking to start his task a bright flash occurred. Fawkes the phoenix burst into view holding Harry Potter in his talons and the crowd went wild. Naturally Krum's task was put on hold temporarily for Potter to give his excuse as well as because Krum's dragon went a bit crazy and had to be calmed down by the dragon tamers before the task could begin.

Ludo Bagman ran over to Harry to ask where he had been and used his wand to cast the Sonorous spell on him so all could hear his excuse.

"I'm not sure what happened only that I was kidnapped and held in an enclosed room for how long I don't know. I was fed regularly but I am wearing the same clothes and lost all track of time until Fawkes flashed in and brought me here. So what did I miss?" he asked.

Ludo quickly gave him the barest of explanations noting that after Viktor Krum, it would be Harry's turn and he would have to face the Hungarian Horntail. There wasn't much that Harry could say to that except, "Ahh, would it be possible for me to borrow a wand as whoever got me still has mine?"

Naturally he was not given an answer as no one knew if a rule existed for such a situation. Finally Ludo told Harry to go to the hospital tent while the rule book was consulted and, "Mr. Krum has to complete his task before the dragon gets upset again." In other words, Harry was sent off and out of the way while a rule book was consulted.

He was just about to enter the tent when Rita Skeeter jumped in front of him while her photographer started snapping pictures all but blinding the boy. She immediately started to interview him but instead of even trying to attempt to say anything he did what so many others had wanted to do – he coldcocked her. POW! The fist of one tired, scared, confused, irritated and extremely angry 14 year old boy threw a punch at her over made up face and whacked her good knocking her to the ground.

Despite the life and death struggle which Viktor Krum was facing many people had been watching Harry trudge to the tent and upon seeing this action, immediately gave the boy a round of applause and some let out cheers of approval. The photographer took pictures of both Rita and Harry as he entered the tent. He would have followed him into the tent but for an angry witch named McGonagall stunning him silly (and subtly ruining his film).Said witch then turned to the boy and shouted, "YOU CAN USE MY WAND HARRY, OR POPPY'S OR EVEN ONE OF THOSE (pointing to Cedric and Fleur)."

"He will certainly not use my wand," Fleur snapped out in a huff. She was about to spew out some abuse but Harry merely turned to her and shouted, "DON' . . . . . ."Whether it was the tone of his voice or the livid look on his face or even perhaps McGonagall pointing her wand at the snooty girl, Fleur quickly shut her mouth.

Poppy Pomfrey had immediately started examining the boy while McGonagall fired off questions at him faster than Hermione Granger and like the girl she was not giving him time to answer any of them. At that moment he wondered if they were related in some way. When she had finished, all Harry said was what he told Bagman.

"He is showing signs of not having had much to eat in the past week or so and it is evident that he...hasn't had a bath or a shower recently," Poppy stated."That is sooo very true," Fleur said nastily, "even from over here it is quite evident that the leetle boy stinks as I can smell him and it is very offensive.""Oh that's rich," Harry snapped back, "A Frenchie comparing personal hygiene with an Englishman, when the entire world knows that a Frenchie's idea of a bath is to heavily spray on perfume or get caught in a rain storm."

A very insulted Veela went for her wand but McG was faster and accioed it out of her hand. It wasn't going to stop Fleur as she started to head towards Harry to probably slap him or something and he egged her on before McG stunned the Veela.

Cedric had just been observing the entire interaction with smug amusement but then made the mistake of looking at the livid boy who would have given him a verbal set down had not the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.

"Looks like Krum finished his task," Cedric stated, "I wonder how well you will do without a wand?""Probably as well as a Hufflepuff who wet the bed several times during his first year at Hogwarts," came the reply.

It was evident by the expression on Cedric's face that it was true as he turned red and kept opening and closing his mouth like a flounder. He wondered how the hell Potter found out about that embarrassing problem. He wasn't going to ask.

Soon Viktor came in the tent followed by Bagman, who had come into fetch Harry."Now you probably aren't going to like this Harry," the man began, "but after checking the rules I have some good news and bad news. I'll do the bad news first."Harry didn't like the sound of that.

"According to the rules, well...remember the wand weighing ceremony? That is done so make sure the contestant uses his own wand only. Apparently there were a few champions who snuck in an enchanted wand to cheat so now, we identify the wands and check them before each task to prevent cheating. Now since your official on the record wand is currently...missing...well you will have to get another wand, have that certified and made your official wand for use in the Tournament."

"You mean I have to get another wand from Ollivander before I can do the first task? Is he bringing his shop with him or do I have to go to the shop, get a new wand, and come back and do the task?"

"Not...exactly. You have to get a new official wand but only after...you do the first task.""WHAT?" screamed Harry."Well the task has already started and can't be interrupted and if you don't participate you lose your magic. But the good news is, you can still participate in the first task and not lose your magic," Bagman said."Oh I won't lose my magic – just my life," came a reply."Now, now Harry, it isn't as bad as it sounds.""Well it sounds pretty bad to me.""Only because you won't let me finish telling you the good news.""Well then please finish telling the good news.""All you have to do is this. You go up to the starting line and face the dragon. You are then considered to begin participating in the first task. Then you just...oh say, run around for a while, dodging dragon fire and whatever else may come your way like...a tail. Just don't get too close to be hit. Then when you hear me blowing my whistle that will alert you that five minutes have passed and then you can flee the scene as you would have fulfilled the requirements of the Tournament. Granted you will probably be given a low score, such as ones, twos or probably a zero – but you will have fulfilled the requirements, kept your magic and be alive," he said smiling.

Harry just stared at the man as if he was crazy or thought that Harry was crazy to think this was the good news. In the background he heard Fleur and Cedric laughing themselves sick. Viktor Krum was silent while Poppy treated his injuries but he did cast an evil glare at Cedric and Fleur. McGonagall was too furious to say anything as she couldn't think up anything bad enough to say to Bagman and/or the Tournament judges.

However, before anything else could be said, the voice of Dumbledore was heard announcing to the crowd everything that Bagman had just told Harry. Gasps and then the sounds of laughter were heard as the still smiling Bagman led Harry over to the starting point.He showed him his mark and explained the boundaries, wished him luck and then quickly made his escape leaving Harry to his fate.

Yep, just another day in the life of Harry James Potter – and maybe the last one.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

3.3K 53 16
One small thing leads to another. One ripple in a pond leads to a larger ripple at the water's edge. One choice leads to a road taken. One boy chosen...
2.1K 36 10
*REQUESTS ARE OPEN* This is a collection of one-shots about the many characters from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
17.2M 373K 200
A collection of not so short, short stories featuring your favourite characters and some characters you might not know much about. Slow updates in p...
349K 10.2K 48
drarry oneshots! this book is just a collection of original drarry shorts / oneshots written by me