Mystery Girl

By pizzacup13

There's a new member of the BAU...Nya, a smart yet mysterious women who pops up unexpectedly. After meeting S... More

Ms.Mystery
Date night
Caught (mini chapter)
Family relations
Reassurance & Racial tension
Mystery girl (Part 1)
Mystery girl (part 2)
Mystery girl (part 3) (mini chapter)
Wedding plans
Big day!!!
Gestation
Baby shower/Gender Reveal
The past can trap you
Labor and delivery
The backstory(mini chapter)
Family time (Mini Chapter)
Caretaker
Serenity
Cold case
Party time
Career day (mini chapter)
Old and New (part 1)
Old and New (Part 2)
I stumble and I fall (part 1)
I stumble and I fall (part 2)(Mini chapter)
In Between (Mini chapter)
Paris(part 1)
Paris (Part 2)
Welcome Home! (Mini chapter)
IVF (The Dawn)
IVF (Phase 1)
IVF (Phase 2) (mini chapter)
How do we come back from this?
On the mend (Mini Chapter)
Therapy Session
The broken little girl
Therapy Session (Part 2)
Pottery class
Surprise! Suprise!
Just in case
Mother (part 1)
Mother (part 2)
The end or the beginning
Playlist
Authors note

Proposal

87 2 1
By pizzacup13

Nya's POV

I was making food early in the morning simply because I couldn't sleep. Spencer woke up from bed to see what I was doing.

"Babe, why are you making food at 1 in the morning?" Spencer asks me in a sleepy voice.

"I couldn't sleep, you know I'm excited that Derek is coming back to work after like 3 weeks."

"It was actually 4 weeks and 3 days." Spencer says.

"Is it weird that I kinda like that you correct me?"

"That would certainly be unusual, no one likes when I do that. What are you cooking?" Spencer says.

"It's a Haitian dish, I haven't told you but I'm actually Caribbean, my father was Haitian, of course I didn't get to explore the full extent of my culture and I never really cared for it until now, especially after my brothers death. It just got me thinking you know."

"Wow what else are you hiding from me?"

I laugh nervously.

"Nothing." I say.

"do you know how to speak creole?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah, mwen pale yon ti kras."
Translation: I only speak a little bit.

Spencer looked confused when I said that. It was the first time I ever seen him look confused.

"Spencer, you understand Russian, German, Latin, Korean, English, and a buttload of other languages and creole couldn't be on the list?" I ask.

"Well I didn't really think I needed to learn it, but I'll definitely try now that you ask."

"Thanks babe." I said while giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you gonna give me some of that food?" Spencer asks.

"Of course, it's done now anyway."

I took some food out for Spencer and I and put it on the dining room table. Spencer went to get some utensils from the kitchen.

"Babe can I tell you something?" I ask.

"Sure."

I put my arms around Spencer's neck.

"Mwen renmen ou anpil, ou se lanmou lavi mwen."

"What does that mean?" Spencer asks.

"It's mean I love you so much, you're the love of my life."

Spencer smiles at me.

"I love you too." He says.

We sit down and eat the food I made.

"Wow, this is really good, you should make it more often, what is it?" Spencer asks.

"It's fried pork and fried bananas, or as they say it in creole, griot and bannann Peze."

"It's really good, you should teach me how to make some."

"I definitely will, consider it an anniversary gift. " I said With a laugh.

Spencer's POV

The team and I waited for Morgan to walk through the office door. Nya was the first one to hug him.

"How are you?" Nya asks.

"I'm fine, Nya, look I'm brand new. Derek says while spinning around.

I go to hug him.

"Hey, genius, how you two doing?"

"We're really great." Nya says as she smiles at me.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" I ask Morgan while taking him to the side. 

"Yeah sure what's up."

"I wanna propose to Nya." I said.

"What? Dude are you serious? I'm so happy for you. Where are you gonna do the proposal?"

"Here" I said.

"Here like the BAU, here?" Derek asked

"Yes, it was where we first met, and I thought it would be special to do it here, I even had Emily come back from London." I said.

"She's here?"

"Yeah, she'll be walking through that door in precisely 2.5 minutes."

Emily walks through the door and greets the team.

"You're Nya, Reid's girlfriend, right?" Emily said.

"Yeah and you're Emily Prentiss, you're like the queen of this team by the way, everyone talks about how much they adore you." Nya replied.

"Well I'm glad my reputation precedes me." Emily said while laughing.

"We're ready guys." Hotch says.

We all go into the conference room to discuss the facts of the case when Nya's phone rings.

"Sorry guys, I gotta take this real quick." Nya says and she walks out of the room.

"Alright Reid, tell us how you want us to set up for this proposal." Hotch says.

I tell them exactly how I want everything planned for tonight. I walk outside to catch Nya before she could walk back in the room.

"Hey,Nya."

"Hi, Spencer." Nya says with a laugh. "Why are you nervous?"

"I'm not nervous."

"Babe, I know you and i know when your nervous, or when you're Lying to me just like right now about you not being nervous. Do you have something planned for our anniversary that I should know about?"

"Yes, I actually wanted to go to the boxing ring and the shooting range, you know learn from the best and I got us tickets to the movies." I said.

"Spencer, are you ok?" Nya asks while feeling my forehead to see if I had a fever.

"I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"You just asked me to voluntarily take you to a boxing ring and a shooting range, you are the type of person to ask me to take you to a library, I just find it very weird." Nya says.

"Well today is our anniversary and I just wanna try something my girlfriend likes to do."

"Aww, that's actually really sweet, so when do you wanna go?" Nya asks.

"Right now."

"Babe, we're working right now." Nya says.

"It's ok, Hotch cleared us to take the day off."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Ok let's go." Nya saids excitingly.

Nya's POV

Spencer and I, walk into the boxing ring and he already looked perplexed.

"Welcome to my favorite boxing ring, Derek and I train here all the time and now you can learn too." I said.

"Do I have too?" Spencer asks.

"Yes, come on, you'll have fun."

"There is a zero percent chance of me having fun." Spencer says.

Unfortunately I made him do it and he was horrible at it but it was fun for me to watch him get his ass kicked. He did manage to hit back a few times but overall I was proud of him. I know how much he hated these places but he did it just for me.

We spent a couple hours there then went to the shooting range and then to the movies to watch the conjuring. I hate horror movies but I've always wanted to watch one in a movie theater as a date, I always thought it was romantic for some reason.

"I have a surprise for you." Spencer said after we walked out of the theater.

"Do I have to close my eyes?" I ask.

"No, just follow me."

"Ok." I say.

I take his hand and we walk back to the BAU, when we get there it was dark but there were lights on the ceiling that resembled glowing stars, it was beautiful.

"Spencer, what is all of this?" I ask.

"You know that I've always been the one to talk, but since the moment I met you, it's like you always had me stunned. From the moment I saw you, I couldn't even say the right words to explain how I felt. My whole life I was called the weirdo for being different than everyone else, here I'm called a genius, but its hard for anyone to understand me, you understood me. This last year and 2 months, have been the best of my life, so there's only one question I have to ask you.

He gets down on one knee and I couldn't even contain the happiness I was feeling. I looked over to my side and saw Hotch, Emily, JJ and Derek holding up signs saying "will you marry me?" I looked back at Spencer and I said yes. He got up and put the ring on me and kissed me.

It was a dream come true, I never through that I would ever meet someone like Spencer but I did and he changed my life.

Spencer's POV

After I proposed to Nya, the team and I went to a karaoke bar to celebrate.

"Do you want me to get you something to drink?" Nya asks me.

"No, im fine, thank you." I reply.

"I'm so happy for you, I can't believe you're engaged." Emily says as she stands beside JJ and Derek.

"Thanks, guys."

"Where did Hotch go?" JJ asks.

"Probably In the bathroom somewhere." Emily replies.

Nya comes back with drinks for everyone. Seeing her smile just made my heart melt. I really do love her.

"You really are in love, aren't you?" Rossi says while holding a beer in his hand.

"Yeah, I am. Got any marriage advice?" I ask

"Well I'm the wrong person to be asking considering, I could never stay in one but just communicate, make time for each other, make sure that spark that you see now, stays there forever, Nya's had it rough and so have you, and that's why you two understand each other, when times get hard, remember that your love for each other is one is a million."

"Thanks,Rossi" I said.

The person who hosting the karaoke competition tonight, calls Nya up to sing a song. All of us gather around.

"Hey everyone, I'm gonna be singing a love song. Its called a thousand years by Christina Perri and I just got engaged so babe, this one is for you."

The moment she starts singing, everyone was shocked. Her voice was beautiful.

"Wow, I didn't know she could sing." Garcia said.

"Damn, I have to give her 5 bucks." Derek said.

Garcia and I laughed at his comment.

I never knew Nya could sing, but I guess that's the beauty in being with someone you love, you get to learn something new about them everyday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 18 18
You're a new agent to the bau and you quickly catch feelings for the young Dr. Spencer Reid and get entangled into a serious relationship that takes...
181K 4.3K 36
It's Y/N's first day at the BAU. She's extremely nervous and excited as one would be starting the best job possible. She cannot wait to meet the amaz...
168K 2.5K 12
The BAU from the FBI is called to investigate mysterious murders that have been happening in Barstow lately. When they're there Spencer Reid finds th...
243K 4.2K 36
When Spencer Reid's girlfriend Leah finds out that she's pregnant, she and Spencer couldn't be happier. But then Leah's parents tell her that she's a...