High Priest Imhoteps Soulmate

By ElizasRoses

Nova O'Connell is the oldest child of Evelyn and Rick O'Connell and was raised on bedtime stories of Ancient... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Four

1K 33 3
By ElizasRoses

I gasped and lifted my arm as the first gunshot sounded. In what was almost like slow motion the bullet moved toward Lord Imhotep's head before suddenly connecting with an invisible barrier that it simply dropped in front of. Lord Imhotep looked at me fascinated as chaos broke out around us. Interesting you and I have much to talk about later my pet I heard inside my head. I gasped again it suddenly felt like a sizzling heat was passing over me and I shuddered under both the temperature and his stare. It was like I was on fire everywhere and the only one that could put out the flame was him, I almost convulsed in ecstasy. I was jerked back and flung over someone's shoulder before being rushed up a set of stairs to the balcony.

Lord Imhotep looked upset about something probably being shot, he walked over to a crate and took out a beautiful piece of pottery I was transferred from one shoulder to another losing sight of Lord Imhotep and the chaos below. I could now tell I was on uncle Ardeth's shoulder as we ran away from the scene mom ahead of us and dad following firing a machine gun. I heard my dad say 'oh not these guys again' before turning toward us and sprinting away. Once outside I was set on the ground to see my mom pulling a bench in front of the museum doors. I looked around for Alex knowing that he had to be here somewhere and needing the comfort of his hugs right then.

Lord Imhotep's point of view:

She was absolutely stunning, and she brought me back why? Looking at her she shifted her head moving down and tilting her neck, the show of respect pleased me greatly, I knew that she was a natural submissive but she was not kneeling why not, ah she is tied up.

"untie her" I didn't like that she was tied up, if it was needed I would be the one to do it to her and no one else. When she was freed she immediately moved into a kneeling position with her hands behind her back. Sitting the way, she was she looked practically edible. I needed to touch her and know her name, lifting her chin I asked.

Her voice was musical a soft soprano Nova a beautiful name for a delicious girl. I asked her why she raised me and her answer confused me I turned to the man she spoke about and asked him. He would not look at me and it angered me the show disrespect. As I was taking a step forward, to inform him how much I didn't care about it being the year of the scorpion, A woman that looked uncannily like Anck Su Namun walked toward me and explained that she wanted me to take over the world. While she did look like my Anck Su Namun, she was disrespecting me and doubting me I did not approve. While in the underworld I realized that with my being raised the first time I had lived out the curse of the Hum-Dia and was no longer bound to it. With being raised a second time I suppose the gods were giving me a second chance to do things right this time.

Nova is the one that I should focus my attention on, not Anck Su Namun. While in the underworld I realized that Anck Su Namun was not my true soul mate. Being with Nova's parents for five minutes had shown me that, but as the Hum-Dia had required I had to try and raise her again. I would not make the same mistakes that my past life did. But I also owed these people a life debt for finding me and bringing Nova to me so that I could be raised once again. I walked toward Nova and lifted her chin with my hand, she looked into my eyes and I saw wonder, while when Meela looked into my eyes I saw the greed for power, reading her aura showed that she cared not for me but only for what I could give her. Nova was someone who was already fascinated by me and from the look of her aura was open to learning more about me as a person and not just my power.

Nova looked over my shoulder and released a tiny gasp, before lifting her arm in front of her, when I turned there was a bullet mere inches from my face that she had stopped to protect me. Interesting you and I have much to talk about later my pet I spoke into her mind. She shuddered and her Aura showed pleasure. Suddenly she is pulled away from me and thrown over her father's shoulder. I frowned not liking his handling of her and not liking the spreading distance. Finding the Vase that carried my old allies I opened it and ordered them to retrieve her and bring her back to me.

Nova's Point of View

A loud horn was heard and a double-decker bus parked in front of us with Uncle Johnathan behind the wheel. Dad was shouting something at him, while I simply hopped on in search of Alex. I found him at the rear bus entrance and ran to him grabbing him up in a hug. He held on to me as the bus jerked forward.

"I'm so glad you're okay Nova" he whispered in my ear, his voice was horse trying not to cry. I held him tighter I can't imagine what he went through, if it was him that was kidnapped with me unable to help I would have gone insane with worry.

"I'm okay, we're safe and together now, I won't leave you, I promise Alex" I couldn't raise my voice if I tried I was that relieved he was safe. Suddenly there was a shot heard I lifted my head to see Uncle Ardeth and Dad shooting at what appeared to be very fast-moving mummies running alongside the bus.

"DAD" I shouted when one hopped onto the roof and another two onto the sides of the bus. He tossed me a revolver and a case of bullets while he ran upstairs to the roof. I pushed Alex behind me in a seat and loaded the gun, it was just a precaution of course mom and Ardeth were on this level to handle the mummies if they reached us. There was a shattering of glass and a mummy burst in through the window, heading straight for Ardeth, he began shooting, another shattering of glass, and another mummy only this one was directly in front of me.

I raised the gun hoping to make it pause. "Please, please go away I don't want to shoot you" by some miracle it did pause and stare at me, just as I was about to lower the gun its head blew up along with the one that had been fighting Ardeth. Mom stood there with the shotgun holding the trigger waiting to see if they would move again.

The bus came to a stop on a bridge and mom and dad were hugging and kissing while Uncle Ardeth tried to catch his breath. I turned to look at Alex who was examining the back exit where the door was practically ripped off by one of the mummies, I ran over to him. "Alex be careful there is glass everywhere I don't want you getting hurt" I grabbed his shoulders pulling him in for a quick hug and giving him a small smile. Suddenly Alex gasped and before I could do anything the gun was knocked out of my hand, Alex and I were grabbed by two of the red robe dudes from earlier. I could hear Dad shouting our names but it was too late they had made the bridge raise and shoved me and Alex into a car.

As I turned to give the kidnappers a piece of my mind a white cloth was placed over my nose and mouth looking at Alex he was already falling unconscious from the cloth placed on his face. I slowly slumped overseeing a pair of mesmerizing black eyes from the front passenger seat.

Ugh my head hurt again, when I opened my eyes it was still dark out but we were currently on a train headed to Egypt I suppose. I jerked up and Alex's head fell from my shoulder to my lap he was still asleep comfortably but I couldn't sleep with them all staring at me, especially him. I shivered under his stare and again couldn't stop myself from bowing my head in respect.

"Finally, she's awake," Meela said in an exasperated voice, I shot a glare at her.

"if you wanted me awake sooner, you shouldn't have drugged me and kidnapped me, but seeing as how you did, I suggest you shut up and stop complaining about it" normally I was much timider than this but something about Meela rubbed me the wrong way. She gasped, probably because she wasn't used to being spoken to that way but Lock-Nah burst out laughing waking Alex.

"Huh, what?" Alex jerked up and almost screamed at Lord Imhotep's mummified face. I pulled him to me and started whispering nonsense in his ear knowing that my voice would be enough to calm him, and the fact that he was facing away from lord Imhotep.

"Alex it's okay, we've just been taken for a little joy ride, everything will be fine and we will even be home in time for you to turn in your science project," I told him, pulling him from my chest, he wouldn't stop shivering and I knew he needed more reassurance.

"ugh, can't we just stay on the joy ride until after the science fair?" he asked giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"ALEX" I laughed I couldn't believe he just said that, "you are so weird," I told him shaking my head at his antics.

"I'm hungry, Do you have any food, or where you all just planning at staring at us for the rest of the night?" Alex asked looking around at everyone. I giggled a little at their shocked expression but before they could say anything I quickly cut in.

"Alex, remember, we need to be polite to our hosts, mom would most definitely not appreciate are wit in this situation" I admonished him. "Plus, you just ate like four hours ago, and it's probably almost 5 am how is your stomach awake yet?"

"I'm a growing boy I need regular sustenance." He laughed, and I giggled as well, shaking my head at his antics.

"I think were terrifying our host with our unruffled attitude, Alex we should probably behave." I smiled at Alex he returned it and we fell silent. I stared at the watchers, watching us but I couldn't bring myself to look at him, firstly it would be a show of disrespect and secondly, I wanted to badly, that's why I didn't. After about ten minutes of all of us just watching each other Alex got bored.

"This is boring" Alex huffed rolling his eyes. I could see Lock-Nah wanting to growl something at him but at my warning stare, he just huffed.

"Five" it was the only thing I said, it was a private game between me and Alex. Alex smiled and you could see him thinking about the number.

"Four" he answered proudly I nodded at him. It was his turn to start so I waited, Alex like to try and pick complex numbers to mix me up.

"Twenty-Seven" was his final choice I rolled my eyes at him before stating "Eleven" Alex pouted clearly not liking how I answered so quickly.

"What on earth are you two doing" it was Meela, her tone was condescending and I instantly did not like her.

"Entertaining ourselves since you seem to be the most boring person on the planet," I said as dry as I possibly could and it clearly offended her. Lock-Nah and Baltus Hafez snickered under their breath. Meela raised her hand, it looked like she was going to slap me, I stared her straight in the eyes not even flinching. But before her hand could make contact with my face his hand shot out and grabbed her wrist stopping her from smacking me. Alex gasped and was once again staring at Lord Imhotep's face in shock now instead of fear.

"Alex it's rude to stare" I reminded him before I turned my head in his direction and bowed it in thanks. "Thank you, I could have handled it, but I appreciate your interference," I spoke calmly I did not want to offend him by speaking out of turn but I felt that I should, explain myself. I felt far too comfortable around him and seeing as how he is supposed to be the enemy I needed to stop that immediately.

"Nova, you were just looking for an excuse to start a fight," Alex said smugly, he knew me well enough that even though I am as meek as a mouse when those I love or when I myself in front of those I love get attacked, I become very headstrong.

"No, I wasn't I was simply stating facts" Alex snickered at me before his stomach growled loudly and I gave a large yawn.

"Even though we are captives here is there any way we could have some space to eat and rest before we begin the staring game once more?" I ask them I doubt I will get an answer but I do and it's from him. My stomach flutters with butterflies and my eyes almost roll to the back of my head at the sound of his voice.

"Follow me I will show you both some place for food and rest." He immediately stands and I am quick to follow pulling Alex up with me I don't want him left alone with these strangers and I trust Lord Imhotep far more than I trust them.

"Come on Alex let's go get you something to eat. Thank you, Lord Imhotep, for this" I meekly add in at the end, for some reason I can't put up a defensive air with him. Alex gives me a strange look before shrugging his shoulders and following the High Priest. I can feel Meela glaring at me, if looks could kill I would be dead twice over by now. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 884 12
I do not own any Mummy Characters I own my oc This is a story about a teenage girl who first gets seperated by her father then learns to fight like a...
15.4K 298 18
Olivia Taylor, formally known as, Nova Faye for a brief period of time has run into a sinkhole of issues. First, she got away from Kyle, whom had bee...
4.1K 78 13
Adalind O Connell is the sister Of Rick O Connell and the best friend of Evie and Jonathan Carnahan. This is my version of Mummy with Jonathan and my...
148K 3.2K 18
Lotus is a friend of Rick O'Connell, she's been doing her research, and while doing it trying to find him for the past three years until he suddenly...