Infirmitas

By YrisYsabella

The underground world of mafias was shaken when merciless, cunning Jin ascended as the leader of their organi... More

Characters
Chapter 1: The Grim Reaper and The Pale Man
Chapter 2: A Siren and a snake
Chapter 3: Tiger Flower and his leverage
Chapter 4: The Gentlemen of Hope
Chapter 5: My Saving Grace
Chapter 6: A Fallen Angel
Chapter 7: A Guilty Pleasure
Chapter 8: A Fatal Attraction
Chapter 9: Mayday
Chapter 10: Reign of Terror
Chapter 11: An Interrogation
Chapter 12: Lifeline
Chapter 13: A Whirlwind Romance
Chapter 14: My Guardian Angel
Chapter 15: Achilles' Heel
Chapter 16: A Chink in the Armor
Chapter 17: Collateral Damage
Chapter 18: A Change of Heart
Chapter 19: Tried and True
Chapter 20: Ghosted
Chapter 21: Elpis
Chapter 22: The Truth Untold
Chapter 23: A Lull before the Storm
Chapter 24: Treachery
Chapter 25: Goodbye, My Love
Chapter 27: Annihilation
Chapter 28: Changed
Chapter 29: Forgiven and Forgotten
Chapter 30: Lost and Found
Epilogue: Amor Vincit Omnia

Chapter 26: Dead Man Walking

37 3 1
By YrisYsabella

Jin's POV

I walked through filth and murky waters with a gun aimed at my head. Intel's right. The Sons of Anarchy were in on this alliance. They harbored Serpent Tongue and the rest of the Park Mafia. A bunch of jokes. They've been preaching that they don't follow anybody and are against systems and established rules. They despised every other group in this city. But here they are, working with them. Although it's understandable. They despise them but they detest me more.

The man guarding the gate looked at me with disdain. The other man ominously smirked.

"Well. Well. Well."

He said while wiping the barrel of his gun. I was greeted with even more glares. Son Sukku was waiting at the middle of the crowd, his arms wide open.

"Welcome to the den, Grim Reaper."

"Where's my brother?" I coldly asked.

"Don't rush. You'll see him soon." Serpent Tongue whispered.

"Never thought you have a brother. Where have you been hiding him all these years?"

"If not for Tiger Flower, we'll never know he has one."

That motherfucker. I knew Jungkook can't trust him.

"Where's he?"

"Around."

I wandered my eyes to search for him. It landed on a familiar face. Rattlesnake Bean was standing among the horde. Uncharacteristically, he doesn't have a vicious stare. He almost appeared guilty.

"Jihoon, get his brother."

A man with a long hair pranced away. But not before sticking his tongue out in front of my face.

"Bring him to the cage."

I was shoved towards a cage-like structure surrounded by steps mimicking a stadium seating. The place was already teeming. The crowd bellowed when they saw me coming in. I went inside the enclosure and examined the faces. Sitting at the front row were bosses and leaders of small gangs and mafia groups within and the neighboring cities. I am to be their entertainment today.

I heard the gate opened. I turned and locked eyes with Jungkook. He pressed his lips into a tight, apologetic smile. His hands were bound but he seemed to be unharmed. I paced to him.

"Stop right there."

Feedback reverberated as Son Sukku spoke through a microphone.

"If you move any closer, we'll blow your brother's head."

I noticed a red laser light aimed at him. I kept my hands on my sides.

"Everyone welcome! We gathered here today...to. Oh. Fuck. We're here to watch the Grim Reaper fight."

The cheers thundered. Fucking barbarians.

"So here's what's going to happen. We'll give you a choice. Because we're not...ruthless. Unlike you."

The crowd booed. Son Sukku whistled with his fingers. A large metal crate was lugged at the gate. Dogs were inside. Crazed, starved and ravenous dogs. I assumed.

"We're going to set them on your brother."

My eyes darted to Jungkook. He was looking at the box. His chest was rising and sinking.

"But since we're nice, kind people, we're going to give him a weapon."

The long haired bastard raised a small knife. Jungkook cannot fight. He can't even hurt a fly.

"But if you beg, we'll allow you to fight for him."

There was an uproar all over the place.

"You just have to beg really really well."

I got down on my knees without hesitation. Son Sukku laughed. The crowd cheered.

"That's not enough."

I took a deep breath, bowed deeper and touched the ground with my forehead. I can hear mocking laughter. I don't care. I have to protect my brother. Someone went beside me.

"Are you saying something?"

"Please. I beg you."

My voiced echoed.

"Doesn't seem like you're sincere."

"Please. Please. I beg you to let me fight for him."

He didn't respond.

"Please. Please. Not him. Punish me. He didn't do anything. It was me. Let him go. You can kill me. But please let him go."

My eyes blurred and my body was shaking. Son Sukku laughed. Everyone joined him.

"How can we ignore you if you beg like that?"

The long haired bastard threw Jungkook on the ground. He exited the enclosure and the crate blocked the entrance. I ran towards Jungkook.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

I asked him as I pulled him up. He shook his head. I turned to Son Sukku.

"We didn't say that he won't be with you." He sneered. "And oh, you won't get any weapon."

An alarm buzzed. The dogs howled and scratched louder. I saw a small cage at the far end. I tugged Jungkook towards it and pushed him inside.

"Stay there. Don't come out. I'm telling you never come out."

"Hyung, what about you?"

"I can do this. I can fight them."

"Hyung."

"Don't be hardheaded. Listen to me. Don't come out. No matter what happens."

"No."

"Jungkook! You never listen to me!"

He flinched and stilled. His eyes filled.

"I'm coming back. I promise. I'll get you out of here."

He backed away and wrapped his arms around his bended knees.

"You will never come out. Promise?" I held my pinky finger up to him.

He nodded and entwined his finger.

"Do not scream. It will draw them to you."

The alarm buzzed longer. I rose and ran to the adjacent side. The crate opened and soon enough, the hounds were hurling towards me. I jumped, climbed and hung at the mesh fencing. Boos thundered within the walls. I studied each of the four dogs. One of them had a spike studded leather collar. I was electrocuted. A dog yelped and scampered. I held on to the fence, gritting my teeth, despite it being electrified.

"Turn it up! Make him go down!" Son Sukku commanded.

I deliberately rolled on to hounds when I fell on the ground. They snarled and bared their teeth. I stood up and stayed erected, keeping my gaze away from any one of them.

"You have to kill them!"

Son Sukku realized what I was trying to do. I unbuttoned my shirt, pulled one side off the shoulder and removed my arm out of the sleeve. I swung the sleeve in front of the dog with the spiked collar. It latched its mouth. I pulled and restrained its head by wrapping my arm around its neck while taking the collar off. One sunk its teeth on my arm, another on my right leg. I tried to keep still as possible. Following on the direction the dogs teared away.

The collar finally unbuckled. I pressed tighter around the hound's neck while fitting the collar on my left hand's knuckle. The dog whined weakly and passed out. I punched the eye of the dog biting on my arm. There was a loud 'ah' when the dog detached and unsteadily scurried away. I transferred the collar on my right knuckle and forcefully sunk its sharp metal studs on the neck of the hound at my leg. I looked at the holes on my right arm then walked to the last dog that was barking at cage. I hoisted its hind leg up and pierced on its stomach. I let it plopped on the ground. The hall silenced.

I was catching my breath when I glared at Son Sukku and Park Seojoon. I bent down and opened the gate. I took Jungkook's hand and led him out. Murmurs resounded. Then, the shrill of the feedback.

"You really think we'll let him go?"

I clutched on Jungkook's hand tighter.

"You didn't beg well enough. We're still not satisfied with it."

I turned back to Jungkook. Blood suddenly splattered at my jaw. I caught sight of his widened eyes. I lowered my gaze, trying to search for a gunshot on his body. Then he pressed on my shoulder. I felt pain. I shielded him with my body. A bullet pierced on my back. I stumbled into his arms.

"Hyung. Hyung." He cried.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay." I lied.

He was pulled away as I desperately held on to his hands. I fell on my knees after being kicked. His arms were twisted around his back. He bit his lips as he stifled cries of pain. Serpent Tongue passed by. He picked the collar and placed it on his fist. He marched towards Jungkook.

"No! No! Please. Please. Not him. Just me. You can do whatever you want with me. Please. Don't hurt him. Please!"

Someone loudly chuckled. Then a sound of metal against concrete resonated. Son Sukku was dragging a solid metal rod on the floor.

"Please."

"Hyung."

"Please. I'll do everything you want. Please."

"Hyung."

I looked at him.

"Thank you." He smiled. "You are the best hyung."

Tears streamed down my face.

"I'm sorry. Hyung can't protect you. I'm sorry. Hyung is so sorry, Kookie."

"Close your eyes. " His sad doe eyes glistened. "Remember me okay."

I saw how the rod quickly connected on the side of Jungkook's head. There was a shrill clang and a loud crack. Then I couldn't hear anything anymore. He toppled sideways. I slowly crawled towards him, noticing how the pool of blood gets bigger. His head was dented and blood was pouring out of it. I carefully lifted his head and placed it on my lap. I raised my head and caught sight of Taehyung. You will pay for my brother's death. Even if I die today, I will crawl out of hell and drag you with me.

I gently tapped on Jungkook's arm. Like I always do when he was younger whenever I lull him to sleep.

"Sleep. Rest, my little Kookie. Hyung will follow soon." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.9K 26
A cold, arrogant and a ruthless mafia leader when meets a boy who just wants to live his life to the fullest, but the problem comes when he's an intr...
2.5K 567 13
"I will turn your life into a living nightmare," he whispered menacingly, his words sending shivers down my spine as our bodies collided. "Every brea...
1.7M 89.7K 47
Jungkook coldly abandoned his boyfriend Taehyung, only to hear shortly after that his former lover was murdered. Six years later, Jungkook is the hea...
1.1M 43.8K 31
"I killed my entire family. Imagine what I could do to you." What scared me the most was how calmly he spoke as he continued to blow smoke out from...