(3/5) RTTE Seasons 3 & 4 (AMD...

By MeganGS98

The next seasons have come and the plans are getting more serious by the attacks on the Dragon Hunters. Will... More

Enemy of my Enemy
Plan to Action
Buffalord Soldier
Time Out
Stryke Out
Training the Dragons
Snoggletog
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
The Search for a Father
Viggo's Exile
The Marriage
The Day After Marriage
Last Auction Heroes
The Honeymoon (Mature Content)
Defenders of the Wing, Part 1
Defenders of the Wing, Part 2
Ann's Birthday Party
Midnight Scrum
Dire Straits
The Longest Day
Metal Madness
Gold Rush
Twintuition
Plot against the Lead
Shellshocked, part 1
Shellshocked part 2
Going Home

Discussing the Mundr

44 2 0
By MeganGS98

The young lovers and everyone that had gathered to see if Ann would be revived after almost being dead went back to the village to get some well-deserved rest. Laying in their bed, Viggo and Ann talked a little about what had happened.

"Are you sure you're okay now?" Viggo asked as he was gently rubbing his thumb over her cheek. "I'm fine, Viggo. Once the Dragons heal someone, that person is in tip-top condition again. You don't have to worry about me." She giggled as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "I will never stop worrying about you." He pulled her closer to him, locking his lips against hers.

After a few minutes of intimate kissing, they let go again and Ann laid her head against Viggo's chest. "Baby, what exactly happened with me?" She looked up as Viggo was stroking her head while still holding her in his arms. "Your Dragon was stolen. By who, I don't know yet, but I will find out and bring justice to them. No one will mess with my wife-to-be." Viggo smiled at her and she returned the favor. She loved him calling her like that.

"But to add more explanation, your father and Havòk have been looking after you while Ryker and I were searching the seas for your Dragon. We found out someone took it to be sold somewhere unfamiliar. We fought them and took it back. Arriving back to Muzona, your Dragon was weak and close to dying. When Ash and I returned it to the Waters, it sank to the bottom like a sinking rock. I thought it didn't make it and that would have meant you wouldn't have either." Viggo told her.

"Please, tell me more." She said to him. "We thought you had passed away and we were already grieving over you. That's when I suddenly noticed you were breathing. Very slow, but you were alive. Your father took everything over from there." "What did my dad do then?" She asked him and an unexpected voice walked into the room.

"I did whatever was necessary, sweetheart." Steve walked into their room and smiled. "Dad? What are you doing here?" Ann was stunned her father walked in without any pardon. "I'm sorry I'm interrupting, sweetheart, but I am here to ask something of Viggo and you both." 

Viggo turned his attention to her father straight away. "What is it that you need my assistance of?" He asked. "I am making everything ready to have your wedding for next week, if not a few days later. But before I can arrange the wedding for the both of you, there is some business to be taken care of." Steve explained and Viggo knew what he meant.

"The mundr. Bridesmoney." "Precisely. I hate to ask this of you, but I need to discuss this with your parents too in order to agree on the union of our two families." Steve told them. "If Ann and I want to be ensured of our future together, I know my parents will have to agree with our marriage too. However, I know my mother might ruin a lot before we even get to discussing this matter." Viggo didn't have much hope about his mother.

"Why is that, son?" Steve asked out of curiosity and worry for his daughter. "His mother hates me. She has done awful things to us all already and I share Viggo's disencouragement about his mother's opinion. She doesn't want Viggo to be happy..." Ann filled in, but Viggo just threw out the truth about his mother's actions. "My mother has stabbed Ann before!" He got it out quickly.

"Has she?" Steve folded his hands in front of his mouth as he bend over to support himself on his knees. "She has, but don't worry, dad. Viggo will make sure that I will be fine and unharmed." Ann quickly protected her lover. "I know, sweetheart. If Viggo didn't love you the way he does, he wouldn't have saved your life. It does make the nagotiations more difficult. Are you sure your parents are willing to cooperate?" Steve asked Viggo.

"I am sure my father will be, but my mother is a jealous and selfish type. If she has something on her mind, she is going to make sure she gets what she wants." Viggo concluded. "Then I will make sure I get on the best grounds I can be with your father and make sure I persuade him to agree with your marriage and the union of our families." 

"I will send a letter out to my family and have them over. Just do me one favor. Do not mention the Sacred Dragons at all. They are Hunters in full blood and will kill every dragon they see, so please don't talk about the Sacred Dragon or any dragon here on the island. It is for their own protection." Viggo asked of his future father-in-law.

"Alright, I'll tell everyone else on the island. You will have to tell all the Hunters. They are your responsibility. I can't order them to do what I ask of them." Steve asked of Viggo. "Not to worry. I will make sure they are instructed well. Anyone who dares to speak a single word about them, will receive what he deserves." Viggo became his typical chief self. It did shock Steve a bit as he sat back up.

"Dad, don't worry. This is Viggo being the chief he is. He won't hurt any of our Muzonian people, nor our dragons." She hugged Viggo a little tighter again. Viggo just laughed a little about it, but held her against him as well. "I, indeed, have made sure none of my Hunters have been hunting on your island."

That did ease Steve a bit. "However, my parents will attack and kill any dragon they come across. There is no guarantee that I will be able to stop them. That's why we have to use our words with care." Viggo once again warned Steve. "Very well. Now, go write that letter and make sure that your parents are here." Steve stood up to leave them alone, but Ann called him back.

"Dad, you said there was something you needed to discuss with the both of us?" "Yes! How clumsy of me. The thing I wanted to ask both of you is what you would want for your big day. Do you have any special wishes?" Steve turned around and asked them. 

The lovers looked at each other and didn't know what to say. "Is it okay if we think about it? We are a little surprised by your question." Ann asked her father. "Of course. I can understand that I overwhelmed you with the question." Steve said and wanted to leave the room when Ann called him back.

"Dad." "Yes, sweetheart?" Steve turned around again. "There is something Viggo and I have to tell you. I want you to hear it from us, instead of hearing it from Viggo's parents." She admitted and Viggo was left a little confused. A small look coming from her had him understand what it was about.

"What do you wish to tell me, sweetheart?" Steve sat back down on the chair that was in the room. "Well.. First of all, please promise me you won't be angry at us." She begged him and he nodded in agreement. "Viggo and I had a child before." "A child?" Steve was a little shocked to hear it. Having a child before marriage was seen as illegal and a burden to a woman's family. A disgrace towards the family and a very risky move for her future in marriage.

"We had a daughter, but she passed away ten days after birth. She was born healthy, but after three days her health left her and she became terribly ill. I still think she was incredibly strong that she had been fighting until the tenth day of her short life." Viggo held Ann close against him as it is always hard for her to talk about their deceased daughter.

"Are you mad at me?" Ann asked her father rather insecure and shy. "Well, of course not, sweetheart! This only proves to me that you both are capable to live the life that is awaiting you. In fact, I am very happy that you had a child, but sad that you lost her so soon after she was born. What was her name?" Steve asked. "Roane. Roane Ylva." Ann answered her father. "A beautiful name." Steve smiled at them. He knew they would make the best of their marriage as he left to leave the lovers alone once more.

Viggo had sent out the letter towards his father and mother the same day. He didn't look forward to it at all, but it was the only thing he could do if he wanted to be with Ann forever. As the days went by, Viggo had received a reply from his father.

"My dear son, I am overjoyed to hear from you. We are incredibly happy for you for being betrothed to the woman you love with all your heart. It is great to hear that you are going to marry her soon. We will be coming to the island you mentioned in your letter as soon as we can."

Two days had passed and a ship appeared to the horizon. It was early in the morning, Viggo and Ann were still asleep while Steve was already out on his morning patrol. Steve decided to ask Viggo about the ship, just to be sure.

He came into the house the lovers were staying in and gently shook Viggo awake. "What?" Viggo was a little disoriented and surprised that Steve was standing next to his bed. "I'm sorry for this confusing awakening, son. There is a ship approaching and I need to be sure that we are not welcoming someone we didn't invite. Do you know what sails your parents travel with?" Steve asked him.

Viggo got up a little and rubbed the remaining sleep out of his eyes, taking a deep breath and stretched out. "They sail with something similar that looks like this." Viggo showed Steve the fist that was on his belt buckle. "However, their design is a tad older than mine. I had it redesigned as soon as I became chief." 

Steve took a good look at the insignia on the belt buckle when Viggo spoke up again. "The sails I use for my ships are a dragon being pierced by a sword and an arrow. My parents mostly use sails with a Stormcutter dragon with a sword running down its body. Showing that they remain close to our closest clients."

Steve stood up and signed Viggo to wake Ann. "Then your parents have arrived. We better welcome them and start our nagotiations as soon as possible. Then I can continue on planning everything for you." He walked out of the door to see if the ship had docked already.

Viggo turned to Ann and gently placed a kiss on her cheek. "Wake up, sleepyhead. Morning is already here." He whispered sweet words in her ears as she groaned and struggled to wake up. "Five more minutes." Viggo chuckled at her typical reaction. "Not a chance. My parents have arrived. We better go see them."

They got out of bed, quickly took something to eat and drink and went to the docks to greet the family and family-to-be. "Viggo!" Ragnar walked up to his son with spread arms. He took his son in his arms and hugged him. "Where is your brother?" He asked. "Probably still asleep. If Ryker has nothing he has to do, he is just a lazy ass." Viggo answered with a little shame for his brother.

Ragnar, however, started to laugh loud. "That lad never changes! He used to do that when you two were still teenagers. Don't mind your brother, son." Ragnar slapped Viggo on the shoulder with quite some force. "Urgh!" Viggo had to step out to make sure he wouldn't fall over. He moved on to greet his mother, while Ragnar walked over to Ann.

"Good to see you again, lass! I truly hope you have recovered well after... Well, our last meeting." He greeted Ann a little more modest. "It took me a while to regain my strength from that, but as you can see, I am just fine. I hope you have taken matters about your wife's behavior afterwards?" Ann made clear to him how she felt about the case. "Yes. Of course, I have had a conversation with her and made clear to her that this is not how we Grimborns treat family." He seemed to be completely honest about what he said. "Father!" Viggo called his father over. Saved by the future husband.

Viggo talked with his father, while Amara came over to Ann. Steve saw it and did not trust her after what he heard from Viggo and Ann, so he came standing beside his daughter. "Very nice to make your aquaintence, mistress Grimborn. My name is Steve, I am the chief of the island." He introduced himself to her.

"Pleasure is mine." She answered him, offering him her hand to kiss. He did what was expected of him, but Ann had her eyes fixated on Amara. She would never gain her trust again. Ragnar and Viggo came towards them and came to business straight away. "Let's go somewhere private where we can discuss the matter at hand, shall we?" Viggo offered the idea. The party went to Steve's house where they could be alone indeed.

They went inside the house and had a drink. "Let this be a good nagotiation and may we soon agree to seal the union between our two families." Ragnar spoke and toasted on the moment. Cups were raised into the air and everyone took a few sips from their drink. "Let us begin." Ragnar sat back down, waiting for Steve to start the discussion.

"I would like to say that I am truly happy for our children to have found love within each other to begin with. May the love between you flurish and give birth to beautiful children and a beautiful legacy." Steve smiled at the lovers, who sat arm in arm with each other at the table.

"I agree with you." Ragnar stated. "Now, I'd like to discuss the amount of bridesmoney with you, Ragnar. I was thinking of twenty-five pieces of gold." Steve gave Ragnar his demand. "Are you mad? That is a rediculously high price, even for a bride." Ragnar was not amused by the amount Steve names.

"Well, I have heard that my daughter has been stabbed by mistress Grimborn over here. It does concern me a lot and therefore, I will raise the money I ask of you." Steve countered him with a fact that happened in the past. Ragnar was not happy at all and blamed his wife for her improper behavior.

"I do admit my wife has done that, but she did that without my knowledge. I disapprove her move and I have had a harsh word with her about it. I hope you do realize that your daughter will become the chieftess of our tribe, don't you? I think it is appropriate to lower your wishes for the bridesmoney as she will share the profits our son makes from the business he performs." Ragnar countered Steve's wishes.

"I do realize that, Ragnar. Please know that my daughter is also the future chieftess of our island, so their roles might be reversed at some point." Steve explained. It surprised Amara quite a bit. "She can't become chieftess. Ever! A man is meant to be the leader of a tribe, not a woman. She can stand by his side, but she can't take control of the whole island!" She resisted.

"Mother, you don't know the cycle of chieftains on this island." Viggo calmly tried to explain to his mother. "Quiet, son!" She scolded out to Viggo. "Amara! Watch your tongue! Viggo is chieftain and you do not speak to him like that. Even so as he is our son." Ragnar quickly stepped in to stop the nagotiations from escalating. "Please explain, son." He turned back to Viggo.

"Muzona has a different way of the next chief in line being appointed than what we are used to. There is a certain cycle and the chieftain or chieftess is chosen by the island." Viggo told his parents, who were confused by his explanation. "In what way is the next chief in line chosen then?" Ragnar asked.

At that moment, Ann whistled and had Soren fly in. "We are chosen by the Creature of the Woods. Our Ancestors still choose who is most capable to be the next chief of the island. Every teenager that reaches the age of sixteen has the chance to be chosen. We have a line of three male chiefs followed by a female chief that has been repeated through time." She said while playing around with Soren a little.

"But I have to agree with your mother here, son. You can't both be chief at the same time." Ragnar said after taking a moment to take it all in. "That's why I will step down as chief when it is her time to take up her role as such. She has stood by me and I will do the same for her." Viggo held on to Ann's free hand and smiled at her. "But..." Amara tried to say something, but Viggo stopped her immediately. "It is my own choice, mother." He spit it out to her.

"Father, if I may share my thoughts about this matter?" Viggo asked his father, who nodded to him. "Go ahead, son." "I do think you owe Steve the amount of bridesmoney he desires. After everything she has been through, and I admit that I have my share of blame as well, her family deserves the amount Steve called out." Viggo pointed out.

"Been through what, son?" Ragnar Asked. "The pain and times she has been wounded since she came to Hunter Island." Viggo rubbed Ann's hand with his thumb to emphasize with his lover. Ragnar sighed out and eventually agreed to it. He got a pouch filled with gold out of his tunic and handed it over to Steve.

"Then we are left with the nagotiations of inheritance. Ann will inherit everything I have left as she is my only family member left alive. That means Viggo will get his share of it too. Ann will inherit the title of chief as well. I will leave my island in her hands if my time comes to travel to the afterlife." Steve explained to the group.

"And Viggo will be chief of the island too." Amara already concluded for herself, being kind of proud in that moment. "I understand you're thinking that way, but no. He will attain the title of Mushanga..." Steve wasn't done explaining yet, or Amara already interrupted him again. "Mu-whatta? Please talk with respect to our son!"

"You are misunderstanding the situation and title, mother. Let Steve explain, please." Viggo pleaded with his mother. Amara huffed under her breath, but allowed Steve to continue his explanation. "As I said, Viggo will attain the title of Mushanga. This is our term to the chief's partner. Ann will be above him in terms of ranks, but Viggo will be her advisor, her support and he will be in charge when she is unable to perform her duty as chief. Something like a second in command." 

"Viggo is much more than a second in command! You cannot demote him like that!" Ragnar resisted, but Viggo stepped up. "Father, I have said to her and to you just now. I will step down myself when she needs to take up her role as chief for her people. That is my choice and I will still be in charge in some way. Personally, I think the title of Mushanga is an honorary one." Viggo looked back at Ann again with a smile on his face.

"It is. You will be the most important person to Ann." Steve smiled at them. "I will not agree with this! Our son will be the one in charge, there is no other way for us as a chiefly house. He will be in charge of the island or else, he will not marry your daughter!" Ragnar protested fiercely. 

"Father, stop! You forget that they are a chiefly house too. Beside that, there is no way you can get me away from her. I love her to death, I shall give my life for her if I have to and I will marry her. One way or another." Viggo put his father back on his place.

Ragnar saw the determination in Viggo's eyes, melted together with the love he had for this young woman. "Alright, then. I now propose we will discuss when the wedding will take place. I suggest the wedding will be held on Hunter Island by autumn next year." Ragnar offered, but Steve didn't agree with him. 

"No, I will arrange their wedding to be held as soon as possible. What I've heard from them, they have been betrothed for nearly a year now. I think they have waited long enough." Steve brought out a paper containing the details of what they just agreed upon and signed it. He passed it on to Ragnar and Amara, who signed it too with a little reluctance.

Steve took the contract again and rolled it up. "In ten days, on Freya's Day, Viggo and Ann will be unified in marriage." Steve brought the discussion to its ending.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 174 15
One-shots based around the 10-year gap in How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - from when the dragons leave to when the Haddock family meet To...
45K 725 21
I promised myself I'd never make one of these books, but here we are. *CHARACTERS AND EVENTS REFERRED TO IN THIS STORY ARE CREDITED TO DREAMWORKS* *A...
10.6K 253 23
The story continues for Ann, Viggo and Ryker now they have met the Dragon Riders. It goes further like it does in the Race To The Edge series and a c...
1.9K 50 17
My first fanfic, it will be a viggo x oc. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. If there is anything you want me to try, tell me. Sorry about...